NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='mr ryles']Ravens, Bengals is filled with hard hits. I'm lovin it.[/quote]

For fucking real. This has been fun to watch.

[quote name='mr ryles']Ravens, Bengals is filled with hard hits. I'm lovin it.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. I hate both teams, but this is why I love football.

Anybody hear about that potential espionage from the Pats? The NFL confiscated a tape from them. Supposedly they were stealing signals from the Jet's D.

[quote name='primetime']I know exactly what you mean. I hate both teams, but this is why I love football.

Anybody hear about that potential espionage from the Pats? The NFL confiscated a tape from them. Supposedly they were stealing signals from the Jet's D.[/QUOTE]

I love both teams, so this game is all win for me. I'm rooting for the Ravens though. See earlier they are my 2nd super bowl pick behind the Colts.

And I seen on the bottom line about patriots having cameras on the jets sideline or something along that lines and that the NFL had no comment on the subject.

I don't even know what to think is this could be true. I mean that is a BIG DEAL.

Damn the Bears lost two key guys for the season. Mike Brown just can't stay healthy. Also my fantasy team may have taken a huge hit with Eli going down. I hope it's a minor issue like he's saying and not a major injury like ESPN is reporting.

don't get me wrong.. Palmer is a great QB...but everyone wants to put him in the elite qb category...I just don't see that yet... he still makes too many mistakes and is very streaky

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']And the Ravens are winning.[/quote]

What a game, man.

Ray might be playing with a torn triceps.
Could the Ravens ST (aside from their D, obviously) be the MVPs? They've played a huge role in this game. I'm not just talking about the TD either, field position too.

I don't think Palmer handles pressure very well. He seems gunshy almost.

Jaws is good in the booth but because of the rest of the crew, the espn announcers still suck. I mean, they have to be reminded to pay attention to the replay. That's just sad.

At least Jaws explains the rule too. But he needs better partners.

[quote name='DJSteel']wow the refs suck...[/QUOTE]

Nah, the refs were right. He had both hands solidly under the ball and possession before it touched the ground. And Jaws explained there was a rule clarification this year specifically for this situation that gave the ball to the posessor. So under the rules that was a catch.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Nah, the refs were right. He had both hands solidly under the ball and possession before it touched the ground. And Jaws explained there was a rule clarification this year specifically for this situation that gave the ball to the posessor. So under the rules that was a catch.[/quote]

His hands were firmly on the ball, but along the sides of it. What really gets me though is that the ball was pinned between the ground and his chest as he slid. The ground helped him control the ball by a great margin.

I didn't hear what Jaws had to say, but by my estimation that was a BS call that could've cost Baltimore the game.

it wasn't that.. that was a good call.. but the immediate clip when the Raven tried to tackle him was obvious.... and no one called it...

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Jaws is good in the booth but because of the rest of the crew, the espn announcers still suck. I mean, they have to be reminded to pay attention to the replay. That's just sad.

At least Jaws explains the rule too. But he needs better partners.[/quote]
Gotta disagree. They're doing a good job, especially with it being a rather sloppilly-played game overall.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Gotta disagree. They're doing a good job, especially with it being a rather sloppilly-played game overall.[/QUOTE]

Jaws is great. But Kornheiser adds nothing and actually is an annoyance in the game.

Such a great game quickly turning into a joke...what a shame:roll:

And why in the world is BAL not running the freakin ball.

[quote name='primetime']Such a great game quickly turning into a joke...what a shame:roll:

And why in the world is BAL not running the freakin ball.[/quote]
because Billick is a 'genius'

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Jaws is great. But Kornheiser adds nothing and actually is an annoyance in the game.[/quote]
If you expected Mr. Tony to add some valuable insight, you were doomed to be disappointed from the start.

[quote name='DJSteel']Ravens were robbed...[/quote]

All other things aside, that ref just committed highway robbery on the Ravens-not to mention singlehandedly killing the GOTW.

What an awkward first week, there were fumbles, interceptions, and injuries everywhere. I must've watched the wrong games this week (Denver/Buffalo, Chicago/SD, Cincy/Balt, SF/Arizona). :lol:

[quote name='DT778']it's mike didka, mike geenberg and mike golic[/QUOTE]
ya sitting over here at the PC I couldn't really tell, I could just hear greenbrg's voice. But seen at half time it was in fact Mike and Mike. And another Mike.

this SF/AZ game is just hard to watch. Neither quarterbacks are really playing that well and their supporting cast is doing little as well. I am liking Mike, Mike and Mike in the booth though.

As for the rest of the weekend, there's gotta be a record broken for the most turnovers in a weekend. There were what? 15 in the SD/Chi and Bal/Cin games alone?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The game got pretty good by the last half of the fourth quarter.[/QUOTE]

Good drive at the end to cap of an offensive lacking game.

[quote name='DomLando']As a Niner fan all I can say is they need to pursue Leftwich.[/quote]fuck that. No need for Leftwich.

WTF leftwich??? Seriously what do you guys see in him? I think the 49ers line is good but not a great line. Leftwich is slower than the statue Bledsoe, he has a long whine up to throw the ball, he had a bunch of high-round draft picks around him to help succeed and he didn't and injury-prone. I predict Alex Smith to continue his improvement this season and i had the 49ers to win the division this season. ROLLIN' WITH NOLAN

Alex Smith improved in year 2 but I mean come on....his rating was 40.8 and he had 1 TD with 11 INTs. You cannot do much worse than that. Last year Gore was number 3 in rushing and Smith had a mediocre year. I do not see Smith getting much better. This year they have more weapons and he still played like shit tonight. He is not confident in the pocket and he can not run this offense. Leftwich would at least be able to get the ball to Jackson, Battle, and Davis. If not Leftwich then they need to seriously start to consider a different direction. I know it is only one game, but Arizona does not have a good defense. Smith should be able to put up some numbers against them. I know the Niners will stick with him the rest of the year but if this is another sub par year they need to just face the fact that he is a BUST as the number 1 pick.

Hahahaha you're trippin dude. Alex Smith will continue to improve and if you truly did know it was only one game then you wouldn't be giving up on him already.

bread's done
Back