NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='DJSteel']they are still losing.. big time.. when that is happening no one cares...[/QUOTE]

WRONG. They had a chance to get back in the game right after that on the onside kick (if two panthers had not run into each other they would have had possession with 4:30 on the clock).

Okay, I went 5-3 on the early games today in my office pool which means I am in the lead going into the 4:00 p.m. games by 1 win cause a few others are right behind me at 4-4.

Another win for the Pack!

I'm beginning to feel more and more optimistic about next week against the Chargers, we'll have to see how they do tonight against the Pats.

[quote name='Mattte']Another win for the Pack!

I'm beginning to feel more and more optimistic about next week against the Chargers, we'll have to see how they do tonight against the Pats.[/quote]

Don't let the 2-0 start go to your head. The Pack will get owned by the Chargers next week.

[quote name='Chitown021']Don't let the 2-0 start go to your head. The Pack will get owned by the Chargers next week.[/quote]

lets hope farve doesnt go all rex grossman all of a sudden :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Using wins against Buffalo and Cleveland as reasons the Steelers are better than 9-7? You've got to be kidding me. Let them play somebody that has a shot at the playoffs.[/quote]

Browns beat the Bungles... and Bills lost on a last second fg in week 1... don't hate...

Last year New Orleans was playing with house money, it looks like all the preseason hype has gotten to them.

And WTF is up with Jacksonville? I thought they'd be a little better than this.

[quote name='2Fast']Last year New Orleans was playing with house money, it looks like all the preseason hype has gotten to them.

And WTF is up with Jacksonville? I thought they'd be a little better than this.[/quote]

Jacksonville lost key players on def.. and still don't have a wr to throw to..

[quote name='DJSteel']Jacksonville lost key players on def.. and still don't have a wr to throw to..[/quote]

Who? Donovan Darius? He just got cut by the Raiders even. I don't recall them losing anyone else major on defense. All of their receivers are garbage. Why oh why did you retire Jimmy Smith? You are still sorely missed.

[quote name='DJSteel']Browns beat the Bungles... and Bills lost on a last second fg in week 1... don't hate...[/quote]
There's a reason Cleveland beat Cincy.
They suck.
And Buffalo's no prize catch either. These are teams you're expected to beat.

Nice clutch win for Denver again. Elam's money.

I'm not a football fan at all but there's absolutely nothing on... So I'm watching the raiders/broncos game. Anyone catch the field goal play? Lame...

You won't have any of this timeout bullshit in hockey. :roll:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's a reason Cleveland beat Cincy.
They suck.
And Buffalo's no prize catch either. These are teams you're expected to beat.

Nice clutch win for Denver again. Elam's money.[/quote]

clutch wins against the 'no prize catch' Bills and Oakland???

9-5 going into the two night games. NE and Philly win (which they should), and I'll be 11-5 this week.

Missed on GB (I even acknowledged that), TB, Hou, Ari and Cleveland.

But I got steamrolled because of Steve Smith and Jamal Lewis.

The Bengals killed me today..

I could see the Texans going 7-9 this year..maybe even 8-8. Granted, they didn't beat any big teams but they're looking pretty good.

Oh and the Eagles are still gonna win the SB this year :D

[quote name='nikelecious91']The Bengals killed me today..

I could see the Texans going 7-9 this year..maybe even 8-8. Granted, they didn't beat any big teams but they're looking pretty good.

Oh and the Eagles are still gonna win the SB this year :D[/quote]
NFC won't win a SB for a couple more years..

I'm glad the Chargers are getting their asses handed to them, even thought it is by them cheating Patriots.[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Using wins against Buffalo and Cleveland as reasons the Steelers are better than 9-7? You've got to be kidding me. Let them play somebody that has a shot at the playoffs.[/quote]I agree with frisky. Wait until they play the 49ers next week ;).

[quote name='DT778']I'm glad the Chargers are getting their asses handed to them, even thought it is by them cheating Patriots.[/QUOTE]

And why is this?

I hope LT is smart enough to keep his mouth shut after this game. I bet a ton of his quotes were poste din the pats locker room. My favorite is we would beat those guys 9 out of 10 times. As I figure they need to win the next 18

Man, fuck the Patirots!! Sorry to any Pats fans. I just had to vent, that was just an ass kicking. Oh well, bring on Green Bay.

[quote name='jlarlee']I hope LT is smart enough to keep his mouth shut after this game. I bet a ton of his quotes were poste din the pats locker room. My favorite is we would beat those guys 9 out of 10 times. As I figure they need to win the next 18[/QUOTE]

The chargers did give that playoff game away last season, if there was a game that I ever seen a team "give it away" that was it. One of the most frustrating, hurtful, losses I've ever watched as a chargers fan. Although the last couple of losses were strangely at home.. They might be better off on the road.

"It was all in good fun," Terrell Owens said with a grin. "I hope they don't give me a hefty fine like they gave Belichick."

dammit to, upset moss and ocho cinco are getting more hype than you this season? as for the steelers, please alex smith put up more than 1 fantasy point thanks in advance

Could you wait a while until you guys bring up the next allegations? The Pats don't play a good team again until November, and it would be a shame to waste the motivation against the Bills, Bengals, or Browns.

BB paid $850k and a 1st for the best motivational tool he's ever had, and thats probably the biggest impact of this vastly overblown situation.

[quote name='dafoomie']Could you wait a while until you guys bring up the next allegations? The Pats don't play a good team again until November, and it would be a shame to waste the motivation against the Bills, Bengals, or Browns.

BB paid $850k and a 1st for the best motivational tool he's ever had, and thats probably the biggest impact of this vastly overblown situation.[/QUOTE]

I love how the Jets keep dumping kerosene on it too. If they had a half decent team it might be a rivalry worth watching. I bet just about every team has done things similar or worse than the video taping. Hopefully they take our pick not the one we got from the 49ers

[quote name='H-Town Info']schaub looks like the real deal[/QUOTE]

he looked sharp. I'm glad Houston has a team worth talking about. Big measuring stick game against the Colts next week. My fantasy team hopes that Johnson can play.

[quote name='dafoomie']Could you wait a while until you guys bring up the next allegations? The Pats don't play a good team again until November, and it would be a shame to waste the motivation against the Bills, Bengals, or Browns.

BB paid $850k and a 1st for the best motivational tool he's ever had, and thats probably the biggest impact of this vastly overblown situation.[/quote]
vastly overblown??? cheating is overblown??? first the video taping now there are allegations of messing with frequencies??? give me a break with that.. if it were the Steelers i'd be pissed about it as a Steeler fan.. I had respect for the Pats... but now.. there is nothing...

[quote name='evanft']The Lions are 1 win away from matching last year's total.[/QUOTE]

12-4 this year ;)

What an ugly win, but I'll take it...a win is a win.

I blame a lot of the Bengals loss on Leon Hall. He got burnt for like 3 TDs. What are the Bengals thinking leaving a rookie in the game that keeps getting burnt?

[quote name='monkeydeew']hey pats fans, do you have any sympathy for all the crap barry bonds goes through now? if not then ok, sorry in advance[/QUOTE]

NFL 2007 Season Thread. No baseball.

49ers are 2-0, 1st place is sweet.

The 49ers defense is scary, it will only get better with Willis and Lawson getting more PT. Also, Clements is earning every penny of his contract, made the play of the game yesterday.

FIRE JIM HOSTLER

[quote name='ph33r m3']49ers are 2-0, 1st place is sweet.

The 49ers defense is scary, it will only get better with Willis and Lawson getting more PT. Also, Clements is earning every penny of his contract, made the play of the game yesterday.

FIRE JIM HOSTLER[/QUOTE]
Yeah Willis looks like he is going to be a quality LB. There D had trouble against the run and stopped the pass in Week 1 and then in Week 2 stopped the run and had trouble against the pass. Well as long as they keep making plays it doesn't really matter. I did not like how conservative they were on offense after the muffed punt by Hall. Especially how Bulger was throwing all over them. They were however very aggressive defensively and with there Secondary they can do that this year. They put Bulger on the ground a lot.

[quote name='DomLando']Yeah Willis looks like he is going to be a quality LB. There D had trouble against the run and stopped the pass in Week 1 and then in Week 2 stopped the run and had trouble against the pass. Well as long as they keep making plays it doesn't really matter. I did not like how conservative they were on offense after the muffed punt by Hall. Especially how Bulger was throwing all over them. They were however very aggressive defensively and with there Secondary they can do that this year. They put Bulger on the ground a lot.[/quote]

You can see why I want Hostler fired, his playcalling reminds me of Knapp...sickening.

Alex Smith is playing well, it just sucks because every play goes, run middle, run left, play action pass for 5 yards, punt.

Bruce lit up Harris, but i'll take it, the Rams have great WR's so a win's a win. I'd rather stop Jackson and make Bulger beat us.

[quote name='ph33r m3']You can see why I want Hostler fired, his playcalling reminds me of Knapp...sickening.

Alex Smith is playing well, it just sucks because every play goes, run middle, run left, play action pass for 5 yards, punt.

Bruce lit up Harris, but i'll take it, the Rams have great WR's so a win's a win. I'd rather stop Jackson and make Bulger beat us.[/QUOTE]
Smith played an ok game. He needs to protect the ball more when the pocket breaks down. This is something he has done since his rookie year. I agree with you on them getting rid of Hostler. I did not understand why he was the one hired in the first place. With Gore running the ball they have chances to go down field and they just don't take them because of Hostler. He said from the start they were going to be more conservative and I just don't agree with it. They have weapons that Smith can spread the ball around to and he is not using them.

SF is 2-0, but honestly I'm not that impressed. Should have played a lot better against Arizona, and I'm not sure what is going on with St. Louis. I think you'll find yourselves coming back down to earth in the coming weeks.

Will you still make the playoffs? Probably. I don't see it being pretty, though.

SF will win their division IMHO. Frank Gore will run over the damn Seahawks. I don't think the Rams will overcome this 0-2 start and the Cardinals got lucky..

[quote name='CocheseUGA']SF is 2-0, but honestly I'm not that impressed. Should have played a lot better against Arizona, and I'm not sure what is going on with St. Louis. I think you'll find yourselves coming back down to earth in the coming weeks.

Will you still make the playoffs? Probably. I don't see it being pretty, though.[/quote]

Yeah, if San Fran somehow beats Pittsburgh next week, I'll have a lot of crow to eat.

[quote name='DJSteel']i don't see a receiver on that team that is scary.. my guess is they'll put 8 in the box and make Alex Smith beat them[/quote]

It's not about having a WR that will scare you, it's about playing smart football, which Smith does very well. He doesn't make the best plays, but he does what's needed.

Arnaz Battle is a good reciever, not great, mostly #2 reciever's are on the 49ers.

I got 31-17 Steelers.

bread's done
Back