NFL 2007 Season Thread

Campbell looks good.. although Randle El and Lloyd are still overpaid to hell.. I always like an Eagles loss.. btw can the Eagles please under utilize Westbrook anymore than yesterday...

I am proud of the Skins, but neither win has been very convincing. The stat they showed last night was that between 1999-2004 the Skins acquired 21 former pro bowlers, none of which went on to make the pro bowl with the Redskins. Dan Snyder is such a douchebag, he needs to trade players for picks in the future and build from the draft. Campbell is doing good though, and he definitely looks like he could turn into a solid QB for 'em.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Redskins won? They must be the least convincing 2-0 team in history.

EDIT: Dammit, that made me 10-6 for the week.[/QUOTE]

Phew....glad you didn't say the Lions ;)

There have been some odd 2-0 teams. Detroit, Green Bay, Houston. Then you have Saints at 0-2....go figure.

Detroit in the SUPER BOWL.

Couple of interesting tidbits: Looks like Leftwich has signed with the Falcons for a 2 year deal and Tank Johnson has signed with the Cowboys for a 2 year deal.

[quote name='doubledown']
Detroit in the SUPER BOWL.[/quote]
Your joking right? They've played the Raiders and my boys the Vikings.
They won't be better than 8-8.

as far as the 49ers are concerned, im impressed with the improvement in their D over last year, and especially over a couple of years ago. clements is working out and willis looks like he can become a great LB in the league.

the only problem is the offense, watching the st louis game, they are relying far too much on gore. i know smith is young and still learning, but you have throw the ball to learn. let him throw to battle, davis and jackson... they arent the best 3 receivers in the league, but they certainly arent the worst. they wont be able to count on their defense keeping them in close games all year, they need to let smith air it out because gore should produce regardless.

on that note, im stoked because i got some tickets for the niners vikings game in december.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Your joking right? They've played the Raiders and my boys the Vikings.
They won't be better than 8-8.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I can dream :) Look what the Detroit Tigers did two years ago.....worst to the World Series. Although, the Lions need a better defense and pray that Kitna does not get hurt again. I was hoping they would get Leftwich as insurance for this year.

Wow.

Donovan McNabb sure whines about nothing a lot.

Jake Plummer, Rex Grossman, Chad Pennington, Chris Simms, Eli Manning, Charlie Frye, Mark Brunell, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, Andrew Walter even Favre got criticized bigtime last year more than any other QBs and guess what, they were starters and they were white. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wow.

Jake Plummer, Rex Grossman, Chad Pennington, Chris Simms, Eli Manning, Charlie Frye, Mark Brunell, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, Andrew Walter even Favre got criticized bigtime last year more than any other QBs and guess what, they were starters and they were white. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about. No one is criticizing you because you're black, they're criticizing you because you haven't been able to get the job done. You're so insecure about potentially losing your job, you play injured (and crappily at that) and your team loses.

Let your testicles drop, get healthy, then get back out there. Stop throwing off your damn back foot.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wow.

Jake Plummer, Rex Grossman, Chad Pennington, Chris Simms, Eli Manning, Charlie Frye, Mark Brunell, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, Andrew Walter even Favre got criticized bigtime last year more than any other QBs and guess what, they were starters and they were white. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.[/quote]
should a qb that has gotten the Eagles to 4 NFC Championship games and 1 SB be lumped in to the same group as these guys???

[quote name='DJSteel']should a qb that has gotten the Eagles to 4 NFC Championship games and 1 SB be lumped in to the same group as these guys???[/quote]

Heck, Peyton was criticized until he won last year. That is the way to shut people up.

Jake Delhomme and Rex Grossman got their teams to the Superbowl too. Jake Plummer got benched as a 7-4 starter last year which is unheard of. Chad Pennington has the second highest completion percentage in NFL history and got cheered off the field by his own crowd after he as injured. Eli was 4th in the league in TD passes but is always compared to his brother. Donovan can blame race all he wants, but it just doesn't add up cause other guys have been treated worse even with success. The one year he had a QB rating head and shoulders above the other guys I mentioned was when TO was on the Eagles. Otherwise they have all produced about the same.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Heck, Peyton was criticized until he won last year. That is the way to shut people up.

Jake Delhomme and Rex Grossman got their teams to the Superbowl too. Jake Plummer got benched as a 7-4 starter last year which is unheard of. Chad Pennington has the second highest completion percentage in NFL history and got cheered off the field by his own crowd after he as injured. Eli was 4th in the league in TD passes but is always compared to his brother. Donovan can blame race all he wants, but it just doesn't add up cause other guys have been treated worse even with success. The one year he had a QB rating head and shoulders above the other guys I mentioned was when TO was on the Eagles. Otherwise they have all produced about the same.[/quote]

to be fair..it's Eagles fans who are unrealistic.. and in turn put the pressure on McNabb to be something more than he can be...the Steelers were the same way with Stewart..and he crumbled...

How many times did that moron Tony Cornholer ask Charles Barkley the same F'ing question? I think he asked about the unfair treatment of Philly athletes about 30 times! I also agree with the above comments about McNabb. Any starting QB regardless of color will be criticized if they don't preform. Hell even if they do win they still get ripped.

Up until last year people were all over Manning because he "couldn't win the big one".

[quote name='DJSteel']to be fair..it's Eagles fans who are unrealistic.. and in turn put the pressure on McNabb to be something more than he can be...the Steelers were the same way with Stewart..and he crumbled...[/QUOTE]
I'd shit myself if my QB was puking during the final drive of the Superbowl when he could go out and tie or win the game. The criticisms are well deserved.

Kordell Stewart was trash as a QB, theres a reason why he's out of the league.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'd shit myself if my QB was puking during the final drive of the Superbowl when he could go out and tie or win the game. The criticisms are well deserved.

Kordell Stewart was trash as a QB, theres a reason why he's out of the league.[/QUOTE]

And yet TO who came back in record time on a broken leg and killed the Pats was the bad guy in that whole situation.

[quote name='jlarlee']And yet TO who came back in record time on a broken leg and killed the Pats was the bad guy in that whole situation.[/QUOTE]
He was the one guy that really performed in that game for Philly. No matter what he says to the media, I have a lot of respect for him as a player for what he did on the field that day when he wasn't anywhere near 100%.

I give McNabb the "KG Treatment", he's had one great player once, T.O. and they went to the superbowl.

I've never been big on McNabb, no reason in particular, but I must say, he deserves a better cast, Kevin Curtis as the #1 reciever? Shit, i'd request a trade.

Mcnabb is just as much of a pre madonna as TO. he should be the queen of football(no offense ladies).instead of blaming beat writers and the media for the whole black qb and the media are a bunch of racist...is a bunch of crap. Campbell got alot of praise for his good game against them. i cant stand the eagles sometimes with the we are supposed to be the best type shit. I dont know if anyone else feels that way but i do.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'd shit myself if my QB was puking during the final drive of the Superbowl when he could go out and tie or win the game. The criticisms are well deserved.

Kordell Stewart was trash as a QB, theres a reason why he's out of the league.[/quote]

Kordell was put through the shredder in Pittsburgh... 3 different OC's in 4 years.. he wasn't a great QB..and if he wasn't hell bent on being a qb he would have been a hell of a receiver..kind of like Randle El when he was in Pgh..

[quote name='integralsmatic']Mcnabb is just as much of a pre madonna as TO. he should be the queen of football(no offense ladies).instead of blaming beat writers and the media for the whole black qb and the media are a bunch of racist...is a bunch of crap. Campbell got alot of praise for his good game against them. i cant stand the eagles sometimes with the we are supposed to be the best type shit. I dont know if anyone else feels that way but i do.[/quote]

i used to be a fan until college when I got exposed to that mentality.. I know what you mean. I don't like the Eagles that much anyway.. I think McNabb is out of line, but I think the Eagles fans are making him feel this way..

All I have to say is, the Steelers look good! So far anyway! One could say they have only played creampuffs so far (even though Cleveland beat Cincinnati) but we will see how they do against the 2-0 49ers this weekend. Here we go!

Looks like the teams to beat in the AFC so far are Steelers, Bill Belicheats team, and the Colts, (maybe the 1-1 Ravens?)

well the Ravens all depend on when McNair gets healthy and if he can last a whole season.. I think age might have finally caught up with them...

Until the Colts and Pats get beaten they are the #1 and #2 in the league after that it is a crap shoot.. I'm hoping the Steelers go undefeated or get to the bye with 1 loss...that means they be either 4-1 or 5-0.. last 5 weeks of the season will be tough...

Cincy (inter divisional)
@ NE
Jacksonville (always plays the Steelers tough)
@ STL (in STL it will be a tougher game)
@ Baltimore (may have playoff implications)

McNair has to find a way to stop taking all those hits. Being tough is one thing, but a QB can't absorb all that abuse. Sometimes you need to just get rid of the ball. There is no reason why he should stay hurt all the time.

Its kind of knee jerk i admit but damn I hope the steelers do great this season. Their game v. san fran will be telling. I'd be shocked if SF scored very much becaus their offense is lame and our D is great but It will be telling about how good our offense is against thier stron D.

[quote name='pittpizza']Its kind of knee jerk i admit but damn I hope the steelers do great this season. Their game v. san fran will be telling. I'd be shocked if SF scored very much becaus their offense is lame and our D is great but It will be telling about how good our offense is against thier stron D.[/QUOTE]

i kno what you mean, san fra is doing so good so far but they are playing pitts and it will be a test for theye offens but hopefuly they do a good defenes and they wil win this game aganst the stealers.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Redskins won? They must be the least convincing 2-0 team in history.

EDIT: Dammit, that made me 10-6 for the week.[/QUOTE]

Well, CocheseUGA week 2 was good to me I won the office pool even though I lost the Monday Night game I went 11-5. Because of you I will keep track of my record for the rest of the season even though the pool didn't start until Week 2 just to see how well I do. Funny thing is they have experts like at Yahoo Sports that keep track of their picks and we actually did a better job then they did. Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem?w=2

We will see how Week 3 goes because of some very interesting matchups:

Arizona 1-1 vs. Baltimore 1-1
San Diego 1-1 vs. Green Bay 2-0
Indianapolis 2-0 vs. Houston 2-0
Minnesota 1-1 vs. Kansas City 0-2
Buffalo 0-2 vs. New England 2-0
Miami 0-2 vs. NY Jets 0-2
Detroit 2-0 vs. Philadelphia 0-2
San Francisco 2-0 vs. Pittsburgh 2-0
St. Louis 0-2 vs. Tampa Bay 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1 vs. Denver 2-0
Cleveland 1-1 vs. Oakland 0-2
Cincinnati 1-1 vs. Seattle 1-1
Carolina 1-1 vs. Atlanta 0-2
NY Giants 0-2 vs. Washington 2-0
Dallas 2-0 vs. Chicago 1-1
Tennessee 1-1 vs. New Orleans 0-2

My picks are:
B-More
GB
Indy
KC
New England
Miami
D-Town
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Denver
Oaktown
Cinci
Carolina
Washington
Dallas
Tennessee

Arizona 1-1 vs. Baltimore 1-1
San Diego 1-1 vs. Green Bay 2-0
Indianapolis 2-0 vs. Houston 2-0
Minnesota 1-1 vs. Kansas City 0-2
Buffalo 0-2 vs. New England 2-0
Miami 0-2 vs. NY Jets 0-2
Detroit 2-0 vs. Philadelphia 0-2
San Francisco 2-0 vs. Pittsburgh 2-0
St. Louis 0-2 vs. Tampa Bay 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1 vs. Denver 2-0
Cleveland 1-1 vs. Oakland 0-2
Cincinnati 1-1 vs. Seattle 1-1
Carolina 1-1 vs. Atlanta 0-2
NY Giants 0-2 vs. Washington 2-0
Dallas 2-0 vs. Chicago 1-1
Tennessee 1-1 vs. New Orleans 0-2

Of those, if I could change anything, I'd change Dallas over Chicago and GB over SD.

i can definitely see Atlanta... New Orleans/Tennessee is a crap shoot kind of.. but the Colts showed that if you are physical with the Saints then you can beat them...

My Picks (first time doing them here):

Houston over Indianapolis
New England over Buffalo
NYJ over Miami
Detroit over Philadelphia
Pittsburgh over San Francisco
Tampa Bay over St. Louis
Baltimore over Arizona
Minnesota over Kansas City
San Diego over Green Bay
Washington over NYG
Cleveland over Oakland
Cinci over Seattle
Denver over Jacksonville
Carolina over Atlanta
Dallas over Chicago
Tennessee over New Orleans

Last Week: 10-6
Overall: 20-12

The picks are the same as mt Pick 'em CAG team.

Who cares about picks, Manny Lawson (Torn ACL) out for the season, this blows, him and Patrick Willbeast, were making one of the top LB combo's in the league.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Who cares about picks, Manny Lawson (Torn ACL) out for the season, this blows, him and Patrick Willbeast, were making one of the top LB combo's in the league.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw that earlier today I was pissed. This is going to hurt there D big time. A big loss. I guess Moore will start again.

[quote name='DomLando']Yeah I saw that earlier today I was pissed. This is going to hurt there D big time. A big loss. I guess Moore will start again.[/quote]

I was hoping with Lawson playing so well, they'd bench Derek "One Eye" Smith, but now it's most likely a lineup of:

TBC/Willis/Smith/Moore

Willis better go man-beast.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I was hoping with Lawson playing so well, they'd bench Derek "One Eye" Smith, but now it's most likely a lineup of:

TBC/Willis/Smith/Moore

Willis better go man-beast.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Smith is garbage. If Moore can play up to his potential I think they will be fine. Personally though I hate the 3-4. Not only do you need 4 quality LBs but it hurts even more when one gets hurt.

Fantasy football question for you guys. Would you start the Ravens defense or the Vikings defense this week? I'm leaning on the Vikings.

[quote name='allout1986']Fantasy football question for you guys. Would you start the Ravens defense or the Vikings defense this week? I'm leaning on the Vikings.[/QUOTE]
Ravens.

Christ....I wish I could watch a game of football and not see the same fucking dumbass Ipod ad 40 fucking times a half.

Apple...you come out with a differnt fucking ipod every 3 weeks....no one gives a shit anymore.

On topic.

I love how the Lions are proving their true colors.

I hate living in Detroit and listening to these dumbass fans grasping for anything to say that the lions have changed.

They barely beat Oakland...the one team that was worse than them last year...and The Viking who literally dont have a QB that can complete more than 2 passes without throwing an INT.

If Jackson would have ran out of bounds or thrown the ball away at least once, the lions would have never won.

I hate blind optimism.

[quote name='pop311']yeaaaaaaah Pats![/quote]
fucking right.

Pats and Titans...my teams for life.

M.Harrison isnt doing shit this year.....I hate the colts but I drafted this idiot for FF and he barely has done anything.

I should have take more Titans and Pats players.

EDIT: Roy Williams is the most over rated WR. This mofo drops so many passes its crazy. Who cares if you make 20 catches in one game...if you drop every 3rd down pass you are worthless.

The Bucs are kicking some ass! They can definitely hang in that weak division this year.

Oh, and Barrett Ruud = NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

Matt Leinart has been benched.

Ugh, 49ers 2-1...the Seahawks are gonna be slammed next week. 3-1 here we come.

bread's done
Back