NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='ph33r m3']Matt Leinart has been benched.
[/quote]

Really?

Was he sucking it up that bad or was it like we are going to lose so lets try some new stuff?

I always thought Matt Leinart was doing pretty good. Maybe I thought wrong.

Hmmm. How good is Matt Leinart?

EDIT:

I love how the lions love to run fucking screen passes all the time. Hmmm. 3 and 15? 4 yard screen pass..hopefully he can break 15 tackles.

Dumbass

i didnt start mcnabb... I fuckING DIDNT START MCNABB!!! my fantasy game is very tight right now, if only i knew he wouldnt suck balls this week id have a lock.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i didnt start mcnabb... I fuckING DIDNT START MCNABB!!! my fantasy game is very tight right now, if only i knew he wouldnt suck balls this week id have a lock.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a league that gives 1.5 points per reception. Curtis just scored 56 points on my bench

[quote name='jlarlee']I'm in a league that gives 1.5 points per reception. Curtis just scored 56 points on my bench[/quote]

Damn. :lol:

[quote name='Chitown021']Wow I stand corrected. I thought the Packers would get owned today by the Chargers.... Damn you Favre just retire already![/quote]

Got to love it but don't worry he will break Marino's TD record and this will be his last year...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Great fumble by Maurice Jones-Drew at the 1 yard line!!!

Edit: What the fuck?[/quote]

Un-fucking believable! Jones-Drew continues to pile on a disastrous fantasy day... My lineup has scored a TOTAL of 23 pts!!!

Eli Manning = 1
Frank Gore = 4
Jones-Drew = 2
Hines Ward = 0
Bernard Berrian = ?
Plaxico Burris = 5
Kellen Winslow Jr = 2
Robbie Gould = ?
Colts D (my fuck ing high scorer) = 9

Talk about a kick in the sack!:bomb:

Ah well, we don't have to be perfect, not with the rest of the horrible AFC West. :lol:

Derek Anderson could be 2-0 if he can get the Browns over Oakland with 2 minutes left. I'd like to watch it, but this is CBS I'm talking about. :roll:

Funny how the Raiders were probably pissed last week that Denver called that time out and they missed the winning FG.... This week they do it to Cleveland!

Aw, fucksocks. The Bengals are now 1-2, thanks to too many turnovers and some incompetent refereeing (how in the hell could they not allow a review of Hasselback's bullshit "incomplete pass" at the end!?!?!?).

I can't wait for the tirade of local angry sports fans with angry comments this week. Last week the defense blew it against the Browns, and everybody heaped shit on them and special teams. Now that the Bengals as a whole blew it, let's see what short term memory and Bud Light-induced fury provide as a background for their anxiety the next few days.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']When I first turned on the Washington/Giants game, I was asking myself why Green Bay was playing the Giants and not Washington. :lol:[/quote]

I know and did you see the horrendous uniforms the Eagles were wearing today? Are some teams just deciding to go throw-back for some reason? I remember like 10 years ago when the NFL was doing some sort of NFL anniversary deal and all the teams had to go throw-back.

The Bengals need to either get new CBs or train the young ones they have. I'm so sick of watching Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph get burnt every play.

[quote name='mykevermin'] and some incompetent refereeing (how in the hell could they not allow a review of Hasselback's bullshit "incomplete pass" at the end!?!?!?)[/quote]

I agree that that call was BS, but seeing as how I'm in WA, quite pleased we won. Still, I have to wonder if they would have kept the momentum going to score if it was called back where he caught it/was downed.

Way to blow it Washington, not to mention not getting me any fantasy points for a TD at the end of the game. I think I heard they were up like 14 points? I was at work all day.

I'm noticing a trend though, what's with all these teams getting cute at the goal line? If you can't go up the gut and get 2/3 yards in 3 downs, there's a problem.

[quote name='Chitown021']I know and did you see the horrendous uniforms the Eagles were wearing today? Are some teams just deciding to go throw-back for some reason? I remember like 10 years ago when the NFL was doing some sort of NFL anniversary deal and all the teams had to go throw-back.[/quote]
I hadn't seen them, but I just went to their official site and I'm glad that game wasn't on around here. I know they have good jerseys to go back to, but those were definitely not it. :lol:

Uh-oh. Washington went down to the Giants.

[quote name='NintendoGal']I agree that that call was BS, but seeing as how I'm in WA, quite pleased we won.[/quote]

Of course you're pleased (I would be, too). I just can't fathom how in the hell the referee could say "um...no, we're not going to allow a review on that play. Not at all."

Still, I have to wonder if they would have kept the momentum going to score if it was called back where he caught it/was downed.

An 8-10 yard loss (which it should have been) would have been a substantial shift in momentum, but one that would be made moot if Hasselback continued to hit those long fuckin' passes all day. I think it could have easily affected the outcome of the game, but since I wanted to see the Bengals win, of course I'd say that.

[quote name='mykevermin']Aw, fucksocks. The Bengals are now 1-2, thanks to too many turnovers and some incompetent refereeing (how in the hell could they not allow a review of Hasselback's bullshit "incomplete pass" at the end!?!?!?).

I can't wait for the tirade of local angry sports fans with angry comments this week. Last week the defense blew it against the Browns, and everybody heaped shit on them and special teams. Now that the Bengals as a whole blew it, let's see what short term memory and Bud Light-induced fury provide as a background for their anxiety the next few days.[/QUOTE]
and a date with the Pats let me add

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Great fumble by Maurice Jones-Drew at the 1 yard line!!!

Edit: What the fuck?[/quote]

fuck yea dude.

I drafted that douche bag super early in my league.....I wasted(if I remember correctly) a fucking 3 round 4 pick selection on this guy....thinking this year would be a super break out year for him and I have to get solid running backs to win my league.

God damn it.

But look at this. I drafted M.Harrison from the colts 2nd round 4 pick.......I hate the colts because I am a Pats fan.....this guy hasnt done a single god damn thing yet this year.

Then to top it off...I have the chargers fucking defense. That havent done shit in 2 games.........I have a total of like 8 points from them over 2 games.

Christ.......this is going to be a long year.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']The Bills made me nervous for like five minutes today.

And then the Pats annihilated them. :)[/QUOTE]

Dont get me started on the shitty team known as the Buffalo Bills! I have to get his off my back. I know we were going to get slaughtered today but Ralph Wilson is pissing me off. I really wished Gorsiani bought the team...atleast he had commitment to excellence and to bring that team back to being competitive. None of the good 1st round picks stayed..they all left. Winfield,Clements,Pat Williams..all left. No nucleus=bad team. i cant blame Jauron because he has been servicable..but Fairchild SUCKS! oh yeah one last thing...The Bills management sucks! How can you give Ryan Denney 14 million dollars when he has been sucking his whole career. he is useless....Schobel is good against the pass but sucks against the rush.McCargo has been the only bright spot for that line.

Im also cryin because Poz is now out for the season..another bright spot for a MASH Unit. Geez it sucks to be a Bills Fan.

[quote name='red flare graf']GO RAIDERS! Finally out of the fucking streak.

Was an asshole move, but that field goal block was beautiful.[/quote]

I took a really big chance and dropped Maurice Jones Drew and picked up L. Jordan.

I am very happy I choose to start him instead of MJD.

Anyone watching the Dallas Bears game?

The last play just proved what I have been saying for a long time.

Roy Williams is the most over rated defender in all the land.

If he can even tackle a person it will useally be illegal leading with the head....or he will just try to throw his useless body at them and miss.

That guy is trash.

[quote name='red flare graf']GO RAIDERS! Finally out of the fucking streak.

Was an asshole move, but that field goal block was beautiful.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah! Raiders FTW.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Dont get me started on the shitty team known as the Buffalo Bills! I have to get his off my back. I know we were going to get slaughtered today but Ralph Wilson is pissing me off. I really wished Gorsiani bought the team...atleast he had commitment to excellence and to bring that team back to being competitive. None of the good 1st round picks stayed..they all left. Winfield,Clements,Pat Williams..all left. No nucleus=bad team. i cant blame Jauron because he has been servicable..but Fairchild SUCKS! oh yeah one last thing...The Bills management sucks! How can you give Ryan Denney 14 million dollars when he has been sucking his whole career. he is useless....Schobel is good against the pass but sucks against the rush.McCargo has been the only bright spot for that line.

Im also cryin because Poz is now out for the season..another bright spot for a MASH Unit. Geez it sucks to be a Bills Fan.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, sorry if I made you snap.

[quote name='nikelecious91']I feel bad for the people that didn't like McNabb, Curtis and Westbrook this week for fantasy.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES![/quote]

I debated start Westbrook.. I thought he might not play.. I'm glad i let him..43 fantasy points...2 of my players got me 43 pts.. Westbrook and Rivers..

[quote name='ph33r m3']Matt Leinart has been benched.

Ugh, 49ers 2-1...the Seahawks are gonna be slammed next week. 3-1 here we come.[/QUOTE]
You really that confident that they will beat Seattle? I mean they have one of the worst offenses in the league right now. There D got killed in the 2nd half today also. I'm a Niner fan but I am not that confident about next week. Right now they just can't put points on the board when they are in the redzone and Smith is playing pretty poorly.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Dem Cowboys are looking awfully good so far :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately--I can't root for any team TO is on. Which is a shame, 'cos I like Romo and the rest of the team. Romo reminds me of Brett Farve when he was starting out.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Dem Cowboys are looking awfully good so far :D[/quote]

It helps when your team is playing Turnoversaurus Rex.

I can only laugh at the inability of the Bears organization to change their ways. I've seen it for years, and it still amazes me.

If I had any clout in that organization, Rex would never see the field again. He can make two throws consistently, the out and the skinny post (as seen by the last pick-he threw like 4 or 5 straight out routes). He also has no leadership or mobility whatsoever. ESPN analyzed some of his best games last year and found he would lock into one receiver and throw it up for grabs to him way too often. In those games, though, he would get lucky.

I mean, the Bears ran out the clock themselves in the last minute just to keep the ball out of Rex's hands. What a joke.

The Boys look good. I haven't seen their schedule, but Dallas needs to roll and head into the postseason with a full head of steam. This might be their year to make it to the big one.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Anyone watching the Dallas Bears game?

The last play just proved what I have been saying for a long time.

Roy Williams is the most over rated defender in all the land.

If he can even tackle a person it will useally be illegal leading with the head....or he will just try to throw his useless body at them and miss.

That guy is trash.[/QUOTE]

HA!
Or he will get an interception at the end of the game to seal the deal...

Go Cowboys!!

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hahaha, sorry if I made you snap.[/QUOTE]

nah its all good. That needed to come off since week one. I hate Ralph Wilson with a passion because he has lost his commitment to put a winning team on the field...instead we have overpaid players who would be 3rd stringers on other teams...when we could have used that money to keep our free agents that we lost......I dont think anyone will touch the pats...Moss/Brady Combo looks impossible to beat and on top of that Welker and Stallworth are behind him.....Its too much for any defence to handle..the Bills were outta there minds if they thought they can win that game. i dont know how much more i can take if the Bills show no development at any of their positions.

Lynch and Pos were showing great progression...so much not Whitner..another pick im very pissed about. we passed on Leinart....i cant believe that.

[quote name='mykevermin']Of course you're pleased (I would be, too). I just can't fathom how in the hell the referee could say "um...no, we're not going to allow a review on that play. Not at all."[/quote]

Yeah, I don't get why they decided that.. there was still like 10-12 seconds (I think) before the 2 minute warning. Hopefully all the refs in the league will be looking at that and wondering WTF was wrong with the judgement of those guys.

Wow, just wow Green Bay is going to run away with the North this year. The Bears have suffered too many injuries on D and Lovie Smith STILL refuses to bench Rex. Goddamn how many times does that guy have tofuck up before he gets the pine?

[quote name='integralsmatic']nah its all good. That needed to come off since week one. I hate Ralph Wilson with a passion because he has lost his commitment to put a winning team on the field...instead we have overpaid players who would be 3rd stringers on other teams...when we could have used that money to keep our free agents that we lost......I dont think anyone will touch the pats...Moss/Brady Combo looks impossible to beat and on top of that Welker and Stallworth are behind him.....Its too much for any defence to handle..the Bills were outta there minds if they thought they can win that game. i dont know how much more i can take if the Bills show no development at any of their positions.

Lynch and Pos were showing great progression...so much not Whitner..another pick im very pissed about. we passed on Leinart....i cant believe that.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit that Lynch was pretty good yesterday.

Damn you Philly....wearing those ugly uniforms distracted the Lions ;)

Horrible display from the Lions, but hopefully they can bounce back...the offense CAN look good. Although, Dan Campell is on IR now, and Calvin "Magetron" Johnson was hurt (but appears to be day-to-day...hopefully).

The division still is one of the weakest in the NFL. I still think Green Bay is a mirage....I cannot see them keeping up the success.

bread's done
Back