NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']And now Major Brad is going to lose a timout for us by challenging it. This is following the typical formula of a Vikings loss.[/QUOTE]

You should rant about this on your show. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']You should rant about this on your show. :lol:[/quote]My show is recorded on Saturday nights, so by that time, all my Vikings rants or opinions are at the coolest levels. Plus I don't want to keep it too local, since it's a WORLDWIDE podcast. My hundreds of Bangladeshi listeners don't care about the Vikings.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Nnnoooooooooo[/quote]The correct way to type that would be "Noooooooooooo". More than 1 "N" means it would sound like "N-n-noooooooooooo!" As a Vikings fan, I know it well.

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

I actually did wish for Romo to get injured in the "corrupt a wish" thread. Oh boy....[/quote]

You know what that means for Tom Brady then ;)

Once again I have proof that Culpepper is too slow in the noggin to make decisions...I literally said "don't turn it over" to my friend right before the play. Grrr!!!! That split second hesitation by Dante cost them the game, dammit...

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anything in particular you are LMAO'ing?[/quote]

I'm assuming it's the Iggles for letting the Bears... the bears... drive down the entire field. I'd be laughing too if I didn't pick Philly in my pool. The only other game I missed so far was KC vs. Oak; the Eagles may have cost me some $$$ :bomb:

[quote name='javeryh']Giants are rolling... they might be the best team in the NFC besides the Cowboys right now...[/quote]Cowboys have 1 quality win...the Giants.

A lot of close games coming down to the last seconds today o_O. The bears drive reminded me of the Auburn v. LSU game yesterday, except the Bears had no choice except to get a TD, and both games had the same result -_-

[quote name='nikelecious91']I guess the Eagles are done for the season...all we got left in Philly is our Flyers and I'm not even much of a hockey fan.[/quote]

Same, I'll still watch the Eagles though, well some of the games.

I like the Giants, but I'm not going to put that much hype into them.. I mean, the last 4 teams they played were the Niners, Falcons, Jets and Eagles, I think. C'mon.

[quote name='Fragonard']BRONCOS WIN!!! Suck it Steelers.[/QUOTE]

Yahoo! The funny thing is that I talked to a bunch of Steeler fans on Saturday and they all said that Denver could possibly be the worst team in the league and that playing against them would be an easy win :rofl:

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yahoo! The funny thing is that I talked to a bunch of Steeler fans on Saturday and they all said that Denver could possibly be the worst team in the league and that playing against them would be an easy win :rofl:[/quote]
I guess they have never actually watched a Broncos game, the only reason the Broncos were doing so poorly is because a lot of their key guys are hurt. Glad to see the replacements stepped up. Also, they need to get their running game going again, they have been lacking in that department.

[quote name='doubledown']And that is why I love the Lions....4-2 :)[/quote]

Detroit beating Tampa Bay was probably the most suprising game of the day.

It really doesn't matter who wins the NFC or who is good in it because they are going to get crushed by whoever wins the AFC. The AFC is just way to strong this year.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Giants have 0 quality wins.....[/quote]

Redskins.

I'll admit the Giants schedule hasn't been that tough so far but it looked a lot worse going in - the Eagles and Jets were supposed to be good and the 49ers are without a starting QB and were supposed to be much better than they have played as well.

The Giants have the third best record in the NFC behind the Packers and Cowboys - the only two teams that they have lost to. We will know a lot more in 3 weeks after they play the Cowboys again at home. They hung 35 on them in Week 1 when their defense was playing like utter shit - they have completely turned it around in the past 5 weeks (53 points given up total) and have one of the better defenses in the league. It should be a great game.

[quote name='DomLando']It really doesn't matter who wins the NFC or who is good in it because they are going to get crushed by whoever wins the AFC the Patriots. The AFC is Patriots are just way to strong this year.[/quote]

Fixed.

So who does everyone think is more likely to go 0-16?

Miami or St. Louis

I hope the Rams can at least win a game this year :oops:

[quote name='Chitown021']Detroit beating Tampa Bay was probably the most suprising game of the day.[/QUOTE]

I think Tampa is one of the biggest fraud's in the NFL (along with Detroit). But teams have 4 wins, but many of the critics cast them aside basically.

Tampa looked horrible at times....even though Garcia was able to dink 300 yards somehow. It looked like the old "check down" offense that Detroit used to run.

[quote name='AK85']So who does everyone think is more likely to go 0-16?

Miami or St. Louis
[/quote]

Both teams should be able to bring up at least one win. But I'd take the Miami Dolphins before the Rams.

[quote name='AK85']So who does everyone think is more likely to go 0-16?

Miami or St. Louis

I hope the Rams can at least win a game this year :oops:
[/quote]

Neither of them will go 0-for-season but if I had to guess I'd say Miami.

What would be the best would be if Miami went winless and the Pats go undefeated. Then we wouldn't have to put up with the utterly classless display of the 72' team popping champaign and celebrating some other team's loss.

[quote name='doubledown']I think Tampa is one of the biggest fraud's in the NFL (along with Detroit). But teams have 4 wins, but many of the critics cast them aside basically.

Tampa looked horrible at times....even though Garcia was able to dink 300 yards somehow. It looked like the old "check down" offense that Detroit used to run.[/quote]

This year it seems like the frauds have been able to keep from being exposed longer than usual because of parity. With the exception of about 2 teams (Pats, & Colts) the rest of the league is very mediocre.

I thought Tampa was for real because of their defense. They've been playing good defense for most of the season and didn't play all that bad against Detroit. The problem was they turned it over several times and their offense is average at best. They don't have the firepower to come back from behind if they get down more than one score.

[quote name='javeryh']Fixed.[/QUOTE]
Also I would put the Colts in there. That's why I said whoever wins the AFC either it being the Colts or the Patriots.

[quote name='DomLando']Also I would put the Colts in there. That's why I said whoever wins the AFC either it being the Colts or the Patriots.[/quote]

I think the Patriots are MILES better than the Colts. If the Colts didn't win it all last year then I don't even think they would be mentioned in the same sentence by anyone (even at 5-0). It's kind of like how the Cowboys and Packers only have one loss each but no one really believes the Packers are going anywhere...

[quote name='ninju D']What would be the best would be if Miami went winless and the Pats go undefeated. Then we wouldn't have to put up with the utterly classless display of the 72' team popping champaign and celebrating some other team's loss.[/quote]

nah we would just have a new team that would be doing it..

[quote name='javeryh']I think the Patriots are MILES better than the Colts. If the Colts didn't win it all last year then I don't even think they would be mentioned in the same sentence by anyone (even at 5-0). It's kind of like how the Cowboys and Packers only have one loss each but no one really believes the Packers are going anywhere...[/QUOTE]
Well I guess we will find out how much better the Patriots are when they play at Indianapolis later in the year. I do agree right now the Patriots look like the better team. But anything can happen in a football season and I was just stating that whoever does end up winning the AFC will win the Superbowl. I would not agree with you that the Pats are "miles" better. If you do look at the Colts they still have all the weapons on offense and Addai has been playing extremely well. The Patriots might be better but the Colts are not far behind.

What I hate is when players leave a team after they win the Superbowl. I would have a better peace of mind knowing that I'm staying with a team that won it all.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, Miami's inching closer to a winless season: Ronnie Brown is out for the season.[/quote]

Crap! Ronnie was one of the few consisant fantasy scorers for my team. I am fuck ed!

bread's done
Back