NHL 09 CAG Team 2.0 - CAG Hockey Night - On Hiatus - Have a great summer! :)

yeah come on!!!!!!

I hate caps fans. ( sorry jello) the whole crowd was chanting crosby sucks after her scored on his breakaway goal. It was cool that they stayed till the end though.

Now I just want to see HOSA cry again! Go DUcks GO!!!!!

oh yeah

wait for it

not yet

HOLD!!!!!!!

S C R E W Y O U H O S A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on...you know it was coming!

[quote name='SeanAmI']Ilya Kovalchuck[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SeanAmI']You spelled Hossa wrong.[/QUOTE]

You do know you spelt KOVALCHUK incorrectly right?

jd_nhl10_fighting_eagerfight01_top.jpg

Players will be close enough to count an opponent's missing teeth when skaters square off to settle things with their fists in NHL 10. Electronic Arts announced that the game will shift the perspective from the third- to first-person during fights as players clobber each other in the forthcoming annual update.

The change is among 200 "refinements" EA promises, including glass-banging crowds, a new board physics engine and scraps after the whistle. Additionally, EA adds that enforcers will now step in to throw down to protect skill players in a fight, meaning even virtual versions of Crosby or Sakic can breathe easy knowing someone's got their back.

Sounds pretty cool. I'm hoping some of the "refinements" includes custom jerseys for EASHL, cheaters anned, smarter goalies, new menus, women in crowd, etc...

I do feel safer knowing that Vulcan will have us skill player backs. :)

Lookin good for next year.

Anyway, I'm done with NHL 09 and either trading it in or putting it on my trade list here. Can't take the cheating and glitching online anymore. I'll see you all in a couple months for the next EASHL team where I HOPE they do ANYTHING to stop the same shit over and over.

4=couple to me

:)

I just cant stand this game anymore, which kinda bums me out because I'd put this in my top 10 (possibly top 5) favorite games. And before you criticize that, I really only play sports games with the occasional FPS thrown in. Not much of an RPG or action/adventure/random genre guy.

I agree. The cheating is bad. Its not even fun to play online anymore. Plus Im getting burnt out on this one! It got alot of hours in on this one.

Ugh, I'm retarded. Forgot to pick up my gradating "regalia" today, got back to campus 5 minutes before the last pick up time.

Apathy, you should have had an invite from a while back still...

Not sure if this has been posted, but Gamespot has a Q&A up about NHL 10.
http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blog...10-lets-get-physical.html?tag=topslot;thumb;5

ATTENTION GARY AND fuckIN' AI ;)

GS: Once the ref blows the whistle, how much time will you have to get an extra shot or two in? Can you be penalized if you go too far after the whistle?

DL: Post whistle play is a big part of playoff hockey. In NHL 10 you can start scrums after the whistle and face wash guys to get their attention. If you shoot the puck at the opposing goalie after the whistle you better get ready to fight. The AI players will protect their goalie. You can get penalties after the whistle, so you may want to go after the other team's scorer with your tough guy because if you both get penalties, you have done your job. You can also bait the other team into taking stupid penalties after the whistle.

That board protection thing is right up my alley.

I always twist and turn up at the top in the offensive zone because I'm just waiting for something to open up near the net and pass it to one of you guys. Now I can just do this and it might work.

Knowing this community, there will be some glitch goal from the new board physics.

I'm thinking about retiring for now. I can get 950 points for NHL 09 on Goozex right now and I'd rather trade it while it is still worth something. Then I can pick up NHL 10 for only 50 more points once it comes out.

Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind. Not that I really WANT to trade the game in. But with the demise of Blockbuster's trade in values (and flipping in general), it's going to be tough to acquire all the games I want this year. Knowing that NHL 09 could make a solid contribution to my future gaming is a tempting proposition. At this point, preparing for NHL 10 and making sure we all have a spot on the team might be a smarter decision than playing this thing into the ground. Ehhhh...I don't know.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind. Not that I really WANT to trade the game in. But with the demise of Blockbuster's trade in values (and flipping in general), it's going to be tough to acquire all the games I want this year. Knowing that NHL 09 could make a solid contribution to my future gaming is a tempting proposition. At this point, preparing for NHL 10 and making sure we all have a spot on the team might be a smarter decision than playing this thing into the ground. Ehhhh...I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Thats sorta how I'm feeling honestly. I mean, I really got burned out in 09. I think it's all the cheaters and I really suck and me protecting players does nothing lol. Plus Play N Trade will give me a pretty penny for it. I'm so torn honestly.

I traded it in the other day with 2 other games I never play to get that $10 promo.

I totally forget how much I got for it but I know it was a few bucks over $15, which is a profit for me because I got it from yf360games. Ended up buying Fallout 3 which could probably last me until NHL 10, lol. Still haven't had time to play it.

I just couldnt stand playing the game anymore, loved playing with CAG but the cheaters we played and I play in solo games just made me too pissed off.

I think I'll probably trade it in. Not only am I looking forward to NHL 10, but I'm just totally burned out on it. I'd rather have a break for now and then it will be fresh and exciting when 10 comes out. Just my thought.

And, Matt, Play N Trade might not give you much, but goozex is still giving 950 points, which is equivalent to $45 bucks in their system. It's enough to get a new game, so it's probably worth it for a lot of us.

I guess since I know the owner at the Store, he said he would give me 45 for it cause they have no copies at all. But of course, that's if your in good terms with the Store/Owner. They know me by name there now once I walk in and are all really nice to me.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Thats sorta how I'm feeling honestly. I mean, I really got burned out in 09. I think it's all the cheaters and I really suck and me protecting players does nothing lol. Plus Play N Trade will give me a pretty penny for it. I'm so torn honestly.[/QUOTE]

Well, we've been playing consistently every single week since mid November. That's SIX MONTHS. That's really a hell of a run. I know we're just at the conference finals in real life, but the closer you push it to the end of the season, the more the value will plummet. I think just last week, Goozex was still giving 1000 for the game...so the drop is already starting. More than anything, I think I just enjoy the group of guys we have here. The past month or so, our hockey nights have really consisted of screwing around and cracking jokes more than playing solid hockey.

The most important thing is keeping the gang together. Maybe it's time for an "Official NHL Oh-10" ;) preview thread (I could use the CAGLeagueSports moniker, so multiple people could edit the OP). That way we could still stay in touch and chat about the new game over the next 4 months. What say ye, Sex Panthers?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, we've been playing consistently every single week since mid November. That's SIX MONTHS. That's really a hell of a run. I know we're just at the conference finals in real life, but the closer you push it to the end of the season, the more the value will plummet. I think just last week, Goozex was still giving 1000 for the game...so the drop is already starting. More than anything, I think I just enjoy the group of guys we have here. The past month or so, our hockey nights have really consisted of screwing around and cracking jokes more than playing solid hockey.

The most important thing is keeping the gang together. Maybe it's time for an "Official NHL Oh-10" ;) preview thread (I could use the CAGLeagueSports moniker, so multiple people could edit the OP). That way we could still stay in touch and chat about the new game over the next 4 months. What say ye, Sex Panthers?[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on that. It was nice to see it spring back to life. But as we keep playing it's burning some of us out. I Think UFC will hold our peak for the next couple of months honestly Nate. And Hell if we want, we just start up a room during Friday night and shoot the shit anyways.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Holy shit I need to look into Goozex and how that works. $45 equivalency!?!?!

I also need to befriend store owners apparently.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah you do!

Trading the game as crossed my mind, but the only thing holding me back is whether NHL 10 will be broken as shit. It seems like they are implementing a lot of new stuff, so theres a lot of room for bugs/unforseen exploits. I did just pick up FIFA 09, so that could fill the void if I let go of NHL 09.

Being unemployed soon won't help either. Choices choices choices.

[quote name='moojuice']Trading the game as crossed my mind, but the only thing holding me back is whether NHL 10 will be broken as shit. It seems like they are implementing a lot of new stuff, so theres a lot of room for bugs/unforseen exploits. I did just pick up FIFA 09, so that could fill the void if I let go of NHL 09.

Being unemployed soon won't help either. Choices choices choices.[/QUOTE]

I've thought about that too Alan. Basically, that is the problem MLB 09: The Show has. They added too many "features" and half of them are broken. BUT, we always have the option of rebuying NHL 09 for dirt cheap if NHL 10 ends up sucking. I think the issue here is striking while the iron is still hot. Something to think about.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']so i take it the league is dead?[/QUOTE]

it would seem that way, connection issues have really gotten in the way more a lot of people too. I don't understand why but it has happened a lot.

Me too. It was so frustrating when I would leave a game I was playing (fallout) to play a league game, and then it wouldn't even work. I still think it's a great game, but it just had too many problems, and I got too burned out on it.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Can you guys take me off the league. Mine is trading out. Thanks. Sorry guys. I look forword to kicking some butt in 10[/QUOTE]

ditto

Yeah, I think we're all pretty much done with this game. I finally finished my BAP season (led the Sabres to the Stanley Cup and won the Calder Memorial Trophy as a center) today and will be mailing the game out to a Goozex member tomorrow. Amazingly, I finally got the hat trick achievement today too. I think it was the 4th time I've gotten a hat trick, but the first time the achievement actually worked. This game really gave us some great memories though, and I can only hope next year is as good!

Here's a couple interesting videos I've uploaded along the way. I think these pretty much define what this game was all about, haha :)

Devastating Hits
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5675220
fuckin' AI!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5029462
Goalie Intelligence
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5672167
Amazing Shots
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/5658482

And of course, CAG Dominance (from our Capitals era)
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2972411

It's been great guys! See you all back on the ice in September! :)

Kinda OT but I'll ask you guys instead of some random person since it seem a lot of you are into Goozex and I know more of you :)

I mentioned that I was going to look into goozex and actually did put some stuff up and about a day later I moved to the front of the line.

Do you all buy that package/stamp thing from goozex for $3.60 and just slap it on there or is there some cheaper way (we are on CAG)? I do have a size 0 6X9 bubble mailer that im reusing for this.

That Amazing shot video is hilarious Nate. Gave me a good chuckle.

I know someone uploaded some vids on youtube before.

EDIT: Found them. EASHL videos from Pure Apathy:

Read the comments to this one, pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FbkXC8-lVg

fuckin AI again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEpXe4S9Lo&feature=channel_page

[quote name='Flyersfan']Kinda OT but I'll ask you guys instead of some random person since it seem a lot of you are into Goozex and I know more of you :)

I mentioned that I was going to look into goozex and actually did put some stuff up and about a day later I moved to the front of the line.

Do you all buy that package/stamp thing from goozex for $3.60 and just slap it on there or is there some cheaper way (we are on CAG)? I do have a size 0 6X9 bubble mailer that im reusing for this.[/QUOTE]

Just take it to the post office and ship it First Class. Should be like $1.60. Many people also advise that you add delivery confirmation so the person can't say they "never got it". It shouldn't cost any more than $2.50 to ship. So, not buying Goozex's shipping is the way to go.

Yeah, that "amazing shot" was ridiculous. I still can't figure out what stopped it. The puck had stopped bouncing and there was nothing there. It just got launched into the stratosphere by some invisible force, lol. Luckily, I still won the game.

bread's done
Back