NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

[quote name='RawisJericho']Will do. You would like C, LW, or RW correct?[/quote]

yeah C or LW i prefer but i can do RW if i have to

[quote name='DJSteel']it just sucks when the pens offered him more money and more years.. and he decided to go the red wings.. for a 1 yr contract..[/quote]

classic can't beat em join em

Ahh, I'm sooo excited for this game. EVERYONE seems to think last years game was GREAT, I missed it and I actually haven't played a hockey game since the old Xbox days and 2k hockey. I love playing hockey games and I really want a good sports game to play, hopefully it's hockey this year. Matt Yound, Jericho, and I will dominate!

You guys know you want one of these to wear while we're playing our games*....

cagjerseyer1.png

*Final design still pending

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nyprimus4']If we can upload custom logos I'm all for it.[/quote]

Haha, that picture is actually from a website that makes custom hockey jerseys.

Wow, Seriously. How much for one of those CAG jerseys? If they come in like 3x or 4x (yes, im a big big guy) I would really be down for one. Would go good with my other Custom name Pen Jerseys! :D

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Wow, Seriously. How much for one of those CAG jerseys? If they come in like 3x or 4x (yes, im a big big guy) I would really be down for one. Would go good with my other Custom name Pen Jerseys! :D[/quote]

The jerseys cost $69 CAD a piece which comes out to $64.62.

Here are the sizes they have:
GXXL - Cut designed for goalies
XXL - players over 6′ 2″
XL - most players between 5′ 10″ and 6′ 2″
L - players up to 5′ 10″
M - players up to 5′ 4″
S - players up to 5′

Also here is the website and there are quite a few options for jerseys.
http://www.lagasports.com/index.html

This place has really nice sewn jerseys but they can be pricey.
http://www.highstick.com/

If people are interested in getting jerseys made let me know. I think we have to have a minimum order of 10 though. I'll post a few more designs too just for the hell of it.

The original
cagjerseyer1.png
PDVRST_FRONT.JPG

The logo looks bad because I just pasted the cheapyd image on top of the blank jersey. We would have to get a custom logo made if we were going to actually order something.
cagjersey2sv9.png
PDTRON_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey6eh3.png
PDRANK_FRONT.JPG

This one reminds me of super crazy way too much
cagjersey3ff1.png
PDTHDR_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey4yw5.png
PDTSTP_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey5wy3.png
PDAZTC_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey7pt4.png
PDMYAN_FRONT.JPG

cagjersey8sf2.png
PDGILL_FRONT.JPG

We could also do a totally custom jersey like this one
PDNONE_FRONT.JPG

Well, I played NHL 08 and realized something, I suck at Goalie. Anybody want a Goalie position as I will take either a LD or RD.

Well What its Turn out to American money and not CAD?

Really like the first one truthfully, shame the LAGA logo stays though.

I would really be down for it if we can get the Cheapy D logo on there. If cheapy allows it how ever. Hope he does. I would be up for a GXXL. Should fit my fat posture right? (around 400lbs :( )

OMG those jerseys are fucking sweet. I never thought I'd see Frankysox on the back of a hockey jersey. I think they let you put a name in for this hockey league(not sure) so you don't have to use your gamertag. If that is the case my name will be Franklin Q. (Quincy) Sox, Jr.

[quote name='FrankySox']OMG those jerseys are fucking sweet. I never thought I'd see Frankysox on the back of a hockey jersey. I think they let you put a name in for this hockey league(not sure) so you don't have to use your gamertag. If that is the case my name will be Franklin Q. (Quincy) Sox, Jr.[/quote]

I read that once you turn the game on the first time, you have to create yourself... full name, height, weight, number, ETC... and then you can up your skill level doing well in the online league and maybe some sort of challenges or something. The player you create is what you play in the online MMO league.

I enjoy WSB's avatar work and Cheapy's bald head, but I think I'd rather have a plain old "CAG" as our logo, perhaps in some 8-bit, block style. And if they allow it, a smaller CheapyD logo in the corner somewhere, sort of like how they have the NBA logo on the top of the jerseys.

Oh Snap I just found about about this team yesterday. Put me down for a Left Defenseman please. I am really busy in September and October but I will play as much as I can. Come November I can play pretty much whenever.

EDIT: Put me down as #45 please.

[quote name='DestroVega']I read that once you turn the game on the first time, you have to create yourself... full name, height, weight, number, ETC... and then you can up your skill level doing well in the online league and maybe some sort of challenges or something. The player you create is what you play in the online MMO league.[/QUOTE]

Yes I can't wait to introduce the world to Franklin Quincy Sox, Jr. This is gonna be sick

Does anyone know if we can get in fights in this MMO mode? I want to fight a LOT!

Vulcan, they come out to $64.62 before shipping. I also moved you to a new position.

Also we are supposed to use our real names in the actual league.

cgarb84, I added you to the roster.

Franky, I haven't heard about fighting in the MMO, but I'm sure it'll be in the game.

Now we just need to find some more goalies. Ammowasted also PM'd me and would like to switch his position from goalie as well. So if someone backs out, he'll get their position.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Vulcan, they come out to $64.62 before shipping. I also moved you to a new position.

Also we are supposed to use our real names in the actual league.

cgarb84, I added you to the roster.

Franky, I haven't heard about fighting in the MMO, but I'm sure it'll be in the game.

Now we just need to find some more goalies. Ammowasted also PM'd me and would like to switch his position from goalie as well. So if someone backs out, he'll get their position.[/quote]

do we really need more live goalies though? it's kind of a luxury cause it's hard to play the position, and you only need 3 guys to play a live game... if we had 5 without a live goalie it wouldn't be terrible

[quote name='DestroVega']do we really need more live goalies though? it's kind of a luxury cause it's hard to play the position, and you only need 3 guys to play a live game... if we had 5 without a live goalie it wouldn't be terrible[/quote]

Ok never mind. I had the impression that we had to have all 5 positions filled whenever we play. I'll go ahead and add another slot to each position then.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Ok never mind. I had the impression that we had to have all 5 positions filled whenever we play. I'll go ahead and add another slot to each position then.[/quote]

here's how it works from what I have read...

you only need 3 people to start a game, obviously the full feel of the game is best felt fielding a full team.

but I think you can easily get that experience with 5 skaters and a computer goalie... I think a live goalie is an added bonus, that's all...

but you are running things, don't let me toe-step brother :)

I really would love the Jerseys and im SO in for one right now. But I don't mind using my last Name either. Also if you think about it. Wouldn't be that hard to put your Xbox live tag on the Jersey either as you can just enter it for the last name. Just a suggestion for people That don't want to use there last name.

Also, I love the Jerseys and would LOVE to see some more Made, Maybe we can get a poll up. But those jerseys are for a Team correct? You just can't buy one flat outright, or am i Mistaken?

[quote name='ammowasted']Hey could you switch me to Right Wing?[/quote]

Guess that means I'm out then. Can I get in as a Center then? I still want #11 too...if I can get in on this.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Guess that means I'm out then. Can I get in as a Center then? I still want #11 too...if I can get in on this.[/quote]

Sorry about that, I must have overlooked your post. I got you in at Center now.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Sorry about that, I must have overlooked your post. I got you in at Center now.[/quote]

It's cool. Just glad I made the team. Well, now that I'm on the roster, I decided to whip this up real fast. It's just a random idea I had...trying to incorporate gaming...and hockey...and just overall badassedness, haha. These are the creations of 3 in the morning though, so if you guys hate it, no biggie.

caghockeysmall.jpg

It looks like nobody really wants to be a goalie. I played some goalie on 08, with the camera behind him tight (I'm assuming it will be like that this year). I was awful for about 4 or 5 games but then I got better. But that was against the CPU, not a team of human players. I think the most fun games this year will be the 5-on-5 games with CPU controlled goalies. But good luck and thanks to anyone who can play goalie and play it well, it is one huge bitch.

Well I did play LD for 5 years for the Naperville Huskies. I prefer RW but none left :(

I'll take a Left Defensemen LD spot :)

Cant wait for this GAME!

I updated the OP and I like the first jersey out of the three you posted n8rockerasu.

Here's what the most popular jersey I came up with looks like with your logo on it.

cagjersey9ov4.png

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't like the logo at all.[/quote]

I wonder if there is someone who has some awesome photoshop skills on here that we could ask to make us a logo?

[quote name='nyprimus4']I have some Photoshop skills, what kind of logo would we want?[/quote]

We should try to think up an actual logo. I think we should definitely put "CAG" or "CAGs" on the front with the logo. I'm just not really sure what our logo should be. I'll think about it and others should post some ideas too.

bread's done
Back