NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

[quote name='nyprimus4']I have some Photoshop skills, what kind of logo would we want?

How about the Sens logo with CheapyD's cartoon face and CAG colors?[/quote]

Sounds like it would be funny. I was thinking we should also put CAG or CAGs on it as well, but I'm not sure if that'll look good. I think just a logo would look good by itself.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't like the logo at all.[/quote]

What don't you like about it? I mean...you understand it right? What it's comprised of... I know it's a bit simple, but it's just shapes. I don't know. I just thought it was pretty cool that I could make a panther's head out of a 360 controller and 2 hockey sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Panther1484']I think the logo is pretty awesome. And if you have a defensemen spot open, I'm up for it. #31 - XBL - MMPanther1484[/quote]

Would you like right or left?

[quote name='icecreamandcows']This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'll take #8 and LW if there is space left.[/quote]

What is your GT?

[quote name='slickkill77']Basically the more human players you have the more exp points you can gain[/quote]

So we need more goalies then right?

No sorry I should have clarified. You have the 50 person squad. Any 6 people can play at any time. But if you only have a team of 3 people playing versus a team of 6 players then the team of 6 players gains more attribute points(or points of some kind). Its a risk/reward system(They explain it in the ign video interview). Its harder to play with 6 people but you get rewarded more than a three or four man team would. Basically having more than one goalie would be helpful if you wanted to play and your main goalie wasnt online.

And the leaderboards show your real name or whatever name you input

Edit: whoa, sorry..just saw I jumped into a conversation, haha. I had a couple questions myself.

RawisJericho, I was just thinking. How exactly is the team going to work? Since we're on our 6th round of positions, and you can only have a maximum of 5 players active in a game (since we're short on goalies), we almost have enough people to man 6 teams. I know it says you can have multiple games going on at once, but I guess I'm just confused as to how that will work, and how everyone will get a chance to play.

Are we all just under one big umbrella of "CAG" and then whenever we get together with 3 or more guys to play an online game, it just goes toward the general CAG record? Are we looking to compete in a league? And will we actually be able to take 5 of our live human players and be randomly matched up with some poor sap playing by himself? (that just seems unfair, haha).

Sorry for all the questions. Maybe I need to read up on the game better. I'm just trying to understand why EA gives you the option of having a 50 member team. It seems a bit excessive.

[quote name='slickkill77']No sorry I should have clarified. You have the 50 person squad. Any 6 people can play at any time. But if you only have a team of 3 people playing versus a team of 6 players then the team of 6 players gains more attribute points(or points of some kind). Its a risk/reward system(They explain it in the ign video interview). Its harder to play with 6 people but you get rewarded more than a three or four man team would. Basically having more than one goalie would be helpful if you wanted to play and your main goalie wasnt online[/quote]

Are we sure it's ANY 6 can play at any time? Because I thought somebody mentioned you create your character and choose your position when you start the game. So, wouldn't that lock us into our position when we go to play on the team online? I guess I'm thinking along the lines of MLB's "Road to the Show", where you control the fate of that single player, and when he's not playing, neither are you. So, wouldn't we have to gather a person from each position to get the full 5 man team?

I mean, otherwise, it would be a team with our created likenesses that anyone on the team could come in and control. That would make it like old school NHL where you just had a colored star, and could switch between players...but that wouldn't make any sense in this context. Ah, Christ...this is confusing, haha.

Its like a guild. 50 players all contributing to the same record and any of the 50 people can play together against any other teams. But the 50 people arent competing against themselves(other than skill).

Well I dont know how the position thing works. All they said is any six.....There are no line changes at all.

When I say any six. I just ment any six people from the various positions. Meaning we arent locked in our little 6 man squads.

Wow you know its late when you start two senteces the same way and both sounded really stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do custom jersey's as far as I can tell. They just picked an NHL teams logo. I dont know if you will be able to actualy "make" a jersey though.

One thing I did notice is that when they were creating their player they were able to pick not only a skater style(sniper, playmaker....) but also a goalie type(butterfly, standup etc...). Then I noticed that when they were signing into a game with teammates they were able to select whatever position they wanted, or so it seemed. So maybe when you create your person you can dress them as a goalie and skater. Then you can level which ever one you feel like.

So Cheapy, anyway you can talk to Amazon to get us a deal on these? With all the business you give them with the Lancer/GoW2 preorders, Rock Band/Guitar Hero preorders, and other big items they owe us.

Oh if that could only happen.

Here's my first prototype. I feel like CAG team will be a hard-hitting team... :D

Home
cag.nhl.home.jpg

Away
cag.nhl.away.jpg

Anyway, I will try to get a cleaner design. In the end, I believe the custom jersey in the game will offer stickers and other pre-made stuff. No real freedom to create your own logos because of copyright issues. It's also a good thing because we won't see some genitals on some jerseys... but, we won't see unique designs. Oh well... I had some fun doing the jersey.

I would think that you could create your own jerseys as you would in create a team mode. I know you can't use custom logos for sure. All of the jerseys I posted were just mock-ups of real jerseys we could actually order and wear around.

I updated the position page with the new team members too.

It's nice seeing the mock-ups of CAG jerseys, but with the only likely option we'll have being able to choose the main, secondary, and trim colors, we should probably get ideas on those, if we haven't decided already. The templates will already be set anyway and I don't wanna see any more cool jersey designs only to be disappointed (slightly) that they're not included as a template in the game.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']yah but those are jerseys that we might be making for people that want one to wear.[/quote]Oh, I didn't think you guys were serious about ordering some. Carry on then.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Oh, I didn't think you guys were serious about ordering some. Carry on then.[/quote]

Well, many of us may THINK we're not serious about it, until we see a super badass design. Then you'll say "hmm...maybe I do want one of those" haha :D

I'm still on the fence about doing this, but I might as well reserve my number and spot for the hell of it:

#32 Tha Xecutioner (xThaXecutionerx) - Center

If all 50 people are sharing the same record that seems kinda shitty that one group of 6 could go 10-0 and another group of 6 could go 0-10. It's sounds kinda like how the clan system worked in Halo 2.

[quote name='JimmieMac']If all 50 people are sharing the same record that seems kinda shitty that one group of 6 could go 10-0 and another group of 6 could go 0-10. It's sounds kinda like how the clan system worked in Halo 2.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has to do with actual records but rather points earned. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='JimmieMac']If all 50 people are sharing the same record that seems kinda shitty that one group of 6 could go 10-0 and another group of 6 could go 0-10. It's sounds kinda like how the clan system worked in Halo 2.[/quote]

Thats why you mix and match and play as much as possible. If you find a good group then keep playing with them...

Oh man we must be blind or something. I found this on IGN

"Assigning positions to our team seemed to be a bit of a free-for-all thanks to a "first-come, first-served" approach. The list of positions is presented and then players need only hit A (X on PS3) on their personal favorite to select it. There doesn't seem to be a system in place for the GM to override anyone's decision. Luckily I was able to nab the right wing spot before anyone else could jump on it."

Looks like I was right. You can create your guy as a goalie and position player

"Having the ability to stand out from the crowd is important in the Hockey League as any given team can have up to 50 players on it. Different squads of six can break off and play simultaneously, but all of the team's stats are aggregated into one cozy list. Again, you only need three players to form a team, but the action shines the brightest when you're working with a full roster of human intelligence."

"Hockey League features a similar stat tracking system to what Be A Pro offers. At the end of every contest you'll be graded in three categories: Position Score, Team Play, and Stats. Players will need to stay in the confines of their player type (I was a sniper, so the fact that I didn't score any goals in my first game didn't sit well with my coach) in order to earn the highest marks. All of this is in an effort to become a Legend by completing 150 online games with an A- average in the three aforementioned categories."

[quote name='GenghisJohn']i havent played a hockey game since Faceoff 97 for the PS1. I'm really thinking about picking this up[/quote]

:hot: Holy sh*t...another Rays fan...

I just created a silver account called CAG NHL 09 and added all of you to it. This will make it a lot easier for me to send invites out when I create the team and it should also be easier to find others to play with if there isn't an in-game guild friends list feature.

yeah i'm sure thinking about it, but with madden, rock band 2, mirrors edge, GoW2, etc im not sure my wallet can handle it

[quote name='slickkill77']:hot: Holy sh*t...another Rays fan...[/QUOTE]

Are the Rays a hockey team or something...never heard of them.

Also this is going to be the first sports game I've ever bought (and I've bought MANY) in which I have no idea who the hell the guy on the front is, unless someone can help me out.

[quote name='FrankySox']Are the Rays a hockey team or something...never heard of them.

Also this is going to be the first sports game I've ever bought (and I've bought MANY) in which I have no idea who the hell the guy on the front is, unless someone can help me out.[/quote]

Dion Phaneuf, and yes I had to look that up myself. I am a hockey noob and I plan to watch many games this year. I'm going to try going to a game or two as well.

bread's done
Back