NHL 10 Versus League 2.0 - We Made It To Season 2!!! Quack......Quack....Quack...

I want to play with you guys, but I'd rather have the chance to play every day (even though I won't play daily) especially with so many of the Reign games taking place on weekends, including Fridays. Right now, I can get a game just about any afternoon during the week.

Ah, right, forgot we haven't played yet Matt...thought we did for some reason.
Destro/Matt/Magic, I should be free all day Saturday. Any times you want to get set up?

Nate, yeah, we haven't played in a while, too many games coming out I guess. We rarely play OTP unless we have a goalie, so that's why we haven't played that much. If things continue to die down since another "wave" of AAA games is coming soon, I might have to defect back to CAG Hockey :). Even then though, I won't even be able play much to due to recent work & internship scheduling :(

I can play Saturday afternoon, most likely. And I'm glad to hear you got a job, Alan. Not sure how long you've had it, but I remember that you were looking for a while.

[quote name='moojuice']I'll be on probably around 1mst.

Destro, will you still get an email on your phone still if I PM you?[/QUOTE]

yes sir, that goes for anyone. PM me when you can play, and my phone gets it instantly.

I'm not on the Xbox at the moment, but I can probably play today depending on the time. There's a Kings game at 1, which I will of course be watching.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm not on the Xbox at the moment, but I can probably play today depending on the time. There's a Kings game at 1, which I will of course be watching.[/QUOTE]

well, that's 2 hours from now, I'm on, feel free to invite me if you wanna play

[quote name='DestroVega']well, that's 2 hours from now, I'm on, feel free to invite me if you wanna play[/QUOTE]

I couldn't play then (didn't even see the message) but I'm playing magicking here in a couple minutes.

[quote name='Magicking610']I really hate the away camera and that I can't only play one position.[/QUOTE]

Pause the game and change your visual settings to "prefer up" and lock on to one position before the game starts (I think you press X to lock on).

You'll have to do this every game as EA's "online settings" thing doesn't work at all. I talked about this with Alan one time. When the game first came out, I saved my settings as "prefer up", but it would never stick. Then all of a sudden, one day, it just stuck and I didn't have to set it anymore. Then, I kid you not, a couple weeks ago, it just lost the setting again...between games, and now I have to set it every damn time again. It's annoying, but it sure as hell is better than playing upside down.

Good games, Magic! I felt like the real Kings when I went and saw them play and lose by 1 goal to Detroit last week. I had so many good shots, but Brodeur was in beast mode. That was a tough loss to take. At least I had better fortune in game 2.

Now it's time to watch the real Kings (hopefully) beat the Bruins!

If you guys need 2 more people, Myself and another friend of mine wouldn't mind playing. We pretty much play everyday if need be. Just let me know.

We don't need more people, but I'd imagine Nate would have no problem with you guys joining so long as you're active. I know I'd welcome the competition. I'm not sure how adding/dropping people midseason affects things, though.

Yeah, actually, I have no problem with people joining as long as they take the initiative to get their games played. Ultimately, I see us (maybe in another month) beginning to drop players based on least games played until we get to a manageable number to be able to finish the season. I just want to complete a season to have a shot at those achievements.

The only effect it should have on the season in progress is give everyone a new opponent to have 2 games against.

Well I joined up and it'll just be me joining also,

kazo | SG Kazo | Calgary Flames

I'll be posting a lot in here, how do the leagues work? Do I just set up a game (or 2) with another person thats a part of the league here in the forum?

I want to play as soon as possible lol.

[quote name='kazo']Well I joined up and it'll just be me joining also,

kazo | SG Kazo | Calgary Flames

I'll be posting a lot in here, how do the leagues work? Do I just set up a game (or 2) with another person thats a part of the league here in the forum?

I want to play as soon as possible lol.[/QUOTE]

Well, try to communicate with people in here when you're available to play to get a time set up. As for the actual in game set up, you go into the league menu and look at the standings. Select the person you're wanting to play, and choose "invite to league game". You play each person in the league twice and you can do them in any order. It makes the most sense to play both games against a person in one sitting (ie. you challenge him, then he challenges you). That's the gist of it.

[quote name='kazo']As of now I am good to play anytime til this weekend actually. Anyone up for 2 games monday?[/QUOTE]

I can play you tonight any time after 6:30 PM EST. Name a time that works, and I'll be there.

[quote name='kazo']Good games man, me and my forwards are gonna have a talk lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good games. Seriously though, I wouldn't be bothered about "almost blowing a lead". Winning is winning. If Nabokov had played even semi-respectably, I would have had one of those games. His save percentage was around 81% in both games. I felt I played well enough to deserve a split, but it's hard coming back from 2-0 and 3-0.

That's not to take anything away from you. You've got a really high pressure offense, but it seemed like every puck that could trickle away from my goalie did. And every puck that bounced around your goalie was gobbled up. It's horseshit, but those are the breaks I guess.

this game is soo addictive.. I played last night, and I've got the itch to play again. cant stop thinking about it

I got to see the Stanley Cup at last night's ECHL All-Star festivities!

22665_287455884934_680884934_4440566_4040688_n.jpg

i went on vacations in stockholm.. in december.. it was so darn chilli.. and snowy...
im so glad to be back. cant stand the cold

Yes, cold sucks.

I am available today until about 6 Eastern, as in when we start our game(s)- I have to be done by 7 since I'm going to watch the Kings game and I may go out after.

[quote name='kazo']Right now if you want[/QUOTE]

Your profile says you're not on Live. I can play in 10 minutes or so. Get back to me.

Yeah, good games. It sucks, though, to lose twice in a row at the end of the 3rd period, and I swear that I've had so many 1-0 games that the next one might make me shit blood.

I only have to play ajh and Destro now.

unfortunately, I am one of the guys lagging behind in games played, which NEVER happens with me. This weekend is booked solid, tomorrow I can probably play sometime between 8-10 PM EST.

Next weekend will be wide open too. Lemme know if anyone is around tomorrow during that time.

I should be around this weekend but since I am on-call for my job I dont want to post any "for sure" times I could play

I may or may not be open this weekend. The internet connection I have is less than good, since my connection went out in the middle of a game when I was facing Nate. I should be able to get some games in Friday night and most of Saturday if all goes well though.

Not sure about tonight, Destro, but if I am on at that time, I'll look for you. AJH, I saw you playing Modern Warfare 2 and thought about inviting you, but I don't really like when people are constantly inviting me when I'm playing something else, so I didn't bother interrupting you. But I should be able to play in the afternoons this week at the very least. That would go into early-mid evening Eastern time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can play today whenever you guys want just let me know on XBL since i'll be on ME2 all day.

bread's done
Back