NHL 10 Versus League 2.0 - We Made It To Season 2!!! Quack......Quack....Quack...

Yeah, sorry guys. I've been engrossed in Heavy Rain the past 2 days, and haven't even touched my 360, haha. Anybody who wants to join can join. We've hardly started this season, so it won't be hard to catch up. No games per week minimums or anything. Just make an effort to play your games.

Surprisingly, the "it's getting a little long...get your ass moving" approach kinda worked last season. If we get to a point where we're waiting on a few people to move on, I'll bust out the cattle prod again. Other than that, the more the merrier. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The password is "quack". Matt, you shouldn't need the password because the only people who needed to rejoin are ones who changed teams.[/QUOTE]

Oh... I didn't know you could move on to a second season. I thought you had to create a different league.

I will re-join as soon as I et the chance but I have been having wonky internet problems the past few days since I hooked up my new computer. I posted a thread sbout it in the PC topics but havent got any replies as of yet. And if its anything past "Plug & Play" I am pretty clueless about these things. I will post a link to that thread if anybody here wants to help.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253374

Thanks,
ajh2298

I joined up but I dont know if I trust my connection enough to try and play a league game. I reset all my stuff and had some trouble getting my 360 back on-line(had to enter a bunch of numbers that I never had to enter before even though when I reset the router I shut of my passwords so it should have found the connection automatically). But once I got back on-line I lost coneection once playing MW2 and than was able to play 7-8 randoms on NHL10 with no issues. My wife was even using the computer to check things at the same time so I dont know if everything is fixed or not. The Verzion guy is coming out Tuesday to check thing so hopfully I will have a solid answer on my connection.

Just want to say to everyone, from now on, glitch all you want, play cheap, whatever. I really don't give two sideways fucks anymore. No expectations. No crying.

Nate's referring to our games. A 2-1 win in OT on a penalty shot and a 3-1 game.

dude. I did pull back one wrist shot I was trying deke, not trying to glitch, and it didn't go in. I even sent you a message between the second period saying it was my mistake.

other than that, how did I play cheap? I scored off a rebound, on a slapshot, and on a two-on-one.

[quote name='DestroVega']Nate's referring to our games. A 2-1 win in OT on a penalty shot and a 3-1 game.

dude. I did pull back one wrist shot I was trying deke, not trying to glitch, and it didn't go in. I even sent you a message between the second period saying it was my mistake.

other than that, how did I play cheap? I scored off a rebound, on a slapshot, and on a two-on-one.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you took slap shots? Cheap...

[quote name='DestroVega']Nate's referring to our games. A 2-1 win in OT on a penalty shot and a 3-1 game.

other than that, how did I play cheap? I scored off a rebound, on a slapshot, and on a two-on-one.[/QUOTE]

The shot from the circle that scored didn't look like a slapshot, since I checked you right when it happened, and you messaged me right after that shot. But whatever. I'm just saying I don't care anymore. Besides, I thought you and Wpark (who appears to have deleted his predictable "gotta defend my brother!" comment) didn't believe in the glitches anyway. Why should it matter? I'm just going to play however I feel like playing...and everybody else can do the same. Since a lot of it is subjective anyway, it's just disadvantageous to have any expectations. No big deal.

I believe in the glitch shot, but I also think if you check any guy shooting you can stop people from scoring.

the shot I messaged you about was a wrist shot from Nash and you saved it, the goal was a slapshot when i got hit.

All I'm saying is, I'm not trying to pick a fight... we've been playing online leagues together now for 3 years?... You know me fairly well enough to know I'm not a "cheap player"... we have played against each other in NHL at least 12 times and MLB numerous others.

I just wanted to know what I did, other than a shot I accidentally attempted which was saved, that was cheap.

(I also don't need, and especially don't want my brother backing me up, I just wanted to discuss it. Not start a back and fourth fight)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The shot from the circle that scored didn't look like a slapshot, since I checked you right when it happened, and you messaged me right after that shot. But whatever. I'm just saying I don't care anymore. Besides, I thought you and Wpark (who appears to have deleted his predictable "gotta defend my brother!" comment) didn't believe in the glitches anyway. Why should it matter? I'm just going to play however I feel like playing...and everybody else can do the same. Since a lot of it is subjective anyway, it's just disadvantageous to have any expectations. No big deal.[/QUOTE]

Predictable just like you predictable sore loser message after your losses.

[quote name='Wpark83']Predictable just like you predictable sore loser message after your losses.[/QUOTE]

har har...what else can you say parrot?

Don't have to say anything else, pretty much truth.

Oh, and I'm online now if you or anyone else wants to play.

[quote name='DestroVega']I believe in the glitch shot, but I also think if you check any guy shooting you can stop people from scoring.

the shot I messaged you about was a wrist shot from Nash and you saved it, the goal was a slapshot when i got hit.

All I'm saying is, I'm not trying to pick a fight... we've been playing online leagues together now for 3 years?... You know me fairly well enough to know I'm not a "cheap player"... we have played against each other in NHL at least 12 times and MLB numerous others.

I just wanted to know what I did, other than a shot I accidentally attempted which was saved, that was cheap.

(I also don't need, and especially don't want my brother backing me up, I just wanted to discuss it. Not start a back and fourth fight)[/QUOTE]

It's fine, and I didn't mean it as an attack. Just more of a realization. Because here's the problem I have with it. "Cheap" is and will always be an extremely subjective thing. The only thing I could really deem as being "cheap" in the 2nd game we played was you went for a lot of cross creases.

But it's also retarded to tell somebody to not take one if it's there. It almost becomes a thing of telling somebody not to go too far past the invisible line. So, how can you do that with any play style? It was even like the thing with ammowasted. The definition of "playing right" is so subjective, it becomes pointless to discuss.

BUT if I'm consciously aware of "trying to not play cheap" or not attempting "too many" cross creases, I'm putting myself at a disadvantage (do I overthink things? yes I do...it's really annoying). And that's why I wouldn't want to tell ammowasted to change his play style. I think it's dumb that because of EA's programming we even have to think about it...but ultimately, the game plays how it plays. It seems dumb to self regulate about every little thing.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Ya, I think Im just gonna drop from this before things get too far along since this stuff is starting again.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you want to do, man. I'm not saying anything else about it. Just some stuff I was thinking about at the time. No big deal.

Hey guys, after two losses to Striker, I wanted to change teams, mainly cause the Bruins aren't suited to the way I play, and therefore I've been sucking pretty hard with them. So I left the league. Nothing personal against anyone...I just didn't want to ask to change after playing 4 games cause it wouldn't be fair to the guys who got wins on me already. Good luck to all.

I was without a computer from Thursday-tonight, so I couldn't communicate. But then again, I was out of town at hockey games each night, anyway. I can play starting tomorrow; possibly late tonight.

[quote name='Wpark83']Hey guys, after two losses to Striker, I wanted to change teams, mainly cause the Bruins aren't suited to the way I play, and therefore I've been sucking pretty hard with them. So I left the league. Nothing personal against anyone...I just didn't want to ask to change after playing 4 games cause it wouldn't be fair to the guys who got wins on me already. Good luck to all.[/QUOTE]

pick the Red Wings next time.

I just gotta ask... what the hell is with the rosters?? Its like they have never been updated in the season!

[quote name='kazo']I just gotta ask... what the hell is with the rosters?? Its like they have never been updated in the season![/QUOTE]

Are the league rosters set to defualt?

Kazo, tried to add you as a friend but your list is full, easier to link up to play when I have you on there.

I should be on for most the afternoon if anyone wants to play. Just send me a message if I am playing something else at the moment.

Is there some defense strategy/setting to make my a.i not do stupid shit like this?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17670133

I am the right defenseman, covering the puck carrier. The forward coming back on defense is in the right position initially, but for no reason, leaves the high slot wide open to try to double team the man I am covering. Of course, this leads to a wide open shot and the game winning goal. Currently, my strategy on D is Contain Puck, and Staggered, yet the a.i manages to leave their zone for no reason all the time.
Not to mention the a.i doing weird things, like how my forward coming back late throws an amazingly late hit. Or Foote winding up for a check from 6 feet away.

[quote name='moojuice']Is there some defense strategy/setting to make my a.i not do stupid shit like this?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17670133

I am the right defenseman, covering the puck carrier. The forward coming back on defense is in the right position initially, but for no reason, leaves the high slot wide open to try to double team the man I am covering. Of course, this leads to a wide open shot and the game winning goal. Currently, my strategy on D is Contain Puck, and Staggered, yet the a.i manages to leave their zone for no reason all the time.
Not to mention the a.i doing weird things, like how my forward coming back late throws an amazingly late hit. Or Foote winding up for a check from 6 feet away.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of is he came over to help because you "missed" your check. I don't really know why he would do it, but they seemed to happen almost simultaneously. Honestly, he kinda looked lost on the whole play.

At first he looked like he was going to help defend the cross crease, then he was kinda in no man's land, came over to double team, and then was out of position when his man finally made it back down the ice. What's crazy about that is you had a defensive advantage with 3 against 2. But the AI defenders in this game suck so bad they managed to turn it into a mismatch, haha.

As much as I hate blaming the A.I in Vs game, it just makes no sense what the a.i. does sometimes. Also, I rewatched the clip, and watched the late forwards the whole time. The reason he was late to the play was because he stopped skating before center ice. And he actually had a chance to disrupt the shot but he decided to take out the initial puck carrier.

Stupid stuff like that is making me not want NHL '11

great games moo...

your defense screwed you in the OT.. (A.I. I'm pretty sure) and I don't know how that goal in game 2 went in, or if I did actually keep the puck onsides.

Great game for sure. The first game was my fault, started chasing you to the corner with the wrong player. That, and Anderson wasn't even in the crease for whatever reason when you had the puck in the corner. Second game, I think it was just one of those goals that eventually go in despite being a low percentage shot. It hit Anderson's blocker in the right spot to bounce backwards into the net.

hey n8, any way we can set a games per week term on this now... most people are a good 6 games in but some have none played. it's only 16 games for each team, if we did 4 games a week, which is only about an hour a week, we could get it done under a month even have another league each month if we kept that kind of pace, i dont think an hour a week is much.

[quote name='DestroVega']hey n8, any way we can set a games per week term on this now... most people are a good 6 games in but some have none played. it's only 16 games for each team, if we did 4 games a week, which is only about an hour a week, we could get it done under a month even have another league each month if we kept that kind of pace, i dont think an hour a week is much.[/QUOTE]

Eh...there's no way doing a league each month is going to happen. Between MLB 10 and other personal commitments, I've even been struggling to get games played. I haven't turned my Xbox on in 3 days. I think we all just need to make more of an effort to post in the thread when we're available and try to get some games played. If we reach a point where certain people are holding the entire league back, then yeah, I'll give them a deadline. But at this point, I think a lot of us need to play more.

After splitting two of the best games I've ever seen online with AJH, I only have Matt Young left to play... lemme know if anytime in the near future works for you bud.

Shit, man... I don't know. I've had the craziest month in the history of the world, so I've barely been able to play any games. That, and I'm going without sleep 2-3 nights per week.

I have hockey games tomorrow and Monday, I'll be out all day Tuesday, and Thursday night, I leave for Phoenix. I'll be back on the 30th. We might be able to squeeze in our games before I leave, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is this league still alive?[/QUOTE]

It's alive, we even added someone.

I have Matt and the new guy left to play

As I said in the other thread, I may not be available tonight. If I am, I'm going to do team play. Tomorrow, I'll be home till 4:30-5 Pacific time, then Sunday I'll be home all day.

I've barely played the Xbox in over a month. Just Madden league games, and a few days' worth of Perfect Dark.

bread's done
Back