NHL 10 Versus League 2.0 - We Made It To Season 2!!! Quack......Quack....Quack...

[quote name='kazo']Great games AmmoWasted! Best person i've played online so far![/QUOTE]
Thanks, the second game was real close. Two more people to play!

[quote name='kazo']Great games AmmoWasted! Best person i've played online so far![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought my defense was good till I faced his. Every time I hit the blue line, it was like a brick wall. Speaking of which, who remembers the goalie literally turning into a brick wall on Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey for the N64? I loved that game and I didn't even watch hockey at the time.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I thought my defense was good till I faced his. Every time I hit the blue line, it was like a brick wall. Speaking of which, who remembers the goalie literally turning into a brick wall on Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey for the N64? I loved that game and I didn't even watch hockey at the time.[/QUOTE]

Game was great if you liked never scoring.

[quote name='Matt Young']What are you talking about? It was a high-scoring arcade style game.[/QUOTE]

oh N64... i was thinking of the Super Nintendo version that was the same engine as the NCAA Basketball game. my bad.

I need to play Matt Young, AJH and Magic... lemme know when you guys are around this week from now until Super Bowl at 4PM EST... I'd like to get all my games done by this week... it would be cool if we all could. I'm sure everyone is within 6 games of finishing.

[quote name='DestroVega']I need to play Matt Young, AJH and Magic... lemme know when you guys are around this week from now until Super Bowl at 4PM EST... I'd like to get all my games done by this week... it would be cool if we all could. I'm sure everyone is within 6 games of finishing.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. I think most are close enough to get everything wrapped up as well. Really want to get on with the playoffs soon.

[quote name='kazo']Its a new week! Anyone up to play or do I have to play people I haven't played yet??[/QUOTE]

kazo, you only play each person in the league twice. On the standings page, there's a "games left" column that shows you who you still need to play. It will either have a 2, 1, or 0. Use this to help you figure out who you should be targeting next.

[quote name='kazo']Its a new week! Anyone up to play or do I have to play people I haven't played yet??[/QUOTE]

Should be free tonight (probably after 5 est) if you want to get our games done.

[quote name='moojuice']Should be free tonight (probably after 5 est) if you want to get our games done.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me! I'll be on all day.

[quote name='DestroVega']I need to play Matt Young, AJH and Magic... lemme know when you guys are around this week from now until Super Bowl at 4PM EST... I'd like to get all my games done by this week... it would be cool if we all could. I'm sure everyone is within 6 games of finishing.[/QUOTE]

I can't play today, since I have a Madden game, workout, then the premiere of Lost. But I can probably play tomorrow afternoon. I won't know for sure till I talk to a friend about our plans, though.

I'm really starting to be afraid of my internet dropping during the game, because it seems to have dropped when I do everything else. Even if it doesn't drop, it becomes really laggy, and has pissed me off during other games. I could try if I want to give away easy wins later. I think I might put off some team games this weekend so I can catch up in the league, otherwise I'm either going to be a mile behind everyone else or I'm going to only have one win out of the entire league.

[quote name='Magicking610']I'm really starting to be afraid of my internet dropping during the game, because it seems to have dropped when I do everything else. Even if it doesn't drop, it becomes really laggy, and has pissed me off during other games. I could try if I want to give away easy wins later. I think I might put off some team games this weekend so I can catch up in the league, otherwise I'm either going to be a mile behind everyone else or I'm going to only have one win out of the entire league.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, it sucks, but when push comes to shove, the games need to be played. If you're the only one people need to play for the league to advance, I'd just have to end up dropping you anyway. So, I'd say at least give it a shot and see if you can complete the games. If you want to take this Friday to do only league games, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'll see about getting a game done today. I'm thinking that if I end up where I've been for the last couple weekends, then Friday night and Saturday will be my catchup days. If anyone wants to play now, I should be around until 7:15 EST.

fuck... My disc cracked last night, and it's looking like I might not be getting a new one by saturday. I'm going to try to check into Gamestop to see if they'd be able to replace it, but chances are I won't be able to do that this weekend.

Yeah, since Magic is out, there's only a few people left that need to get games played. I think ajh has the least, with 4 played. Starting on Monday, I'm going to take a really close look at the remaining games and who needs to be cut to allow us to advance to the playoffs.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, since Magic is out, there's only a few people left that need to get games played. I think ajh has the least, with 4 played. Starting on Monday, I'm going to take a really close look at the remaining games and who needs to be cut to allow us to advance to the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Good games Destro

I just got my two games in with Destro, 2-1 win the first game in overtime and a 8-1 win the second game. The score of the second game was not meant to be so high but Destro's two goalies were letting simple wrist shots in from everywhere.

Nice work, guys. I'd really love to see everybody get all their games finished. I don't want to take a playoff opportunity away from anybody. Just want to get things moving forward. I think moojuice has had all his games played for like 2 weeks now, haha.

[quote name='Matt Young']I still need to play AJH as well.[/QUOTE]

I will be on later tonight if you are on just send me an invite.

[quote name='Matt Young']I still need to play AJH as well.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah cause you played Magic. I wasn't factoring him in since he'll have to drop. my bad.

Matt Young... if you are able to play between now and 3 PM EST... send me a PM... I'll get it on my phone and we can play, if not sometime this week if you're free.

To both AJH and Destro- I cannot play today. I'm heading out of town to my friend's house for a Super Bowl party and I'm probably staying overnight. I can possibly play Monday depending on when I get back. Otherwise, I'll be free from 5:30-8:30 Eastern time on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. There will most definitely be other times I can play, too, but on those days I posted I am guaranteed to be able to play.

Bumping this because we gotta get this thing moving forward. Since CAG Hockey Night is completely dead, I barely touch this game anymore. Thanks to the recent GoHastings sales, I've picked up several new games, and I'm strongly considering trading this one in once we finish the league.

I dropped Magic, so based on a little deductive reasoning, it seems like these are the games that are left:

SG Kazo vs. ajh2298
AmmoWasted vs. ajh2298
X Matt Young X vs. ajh2298
X Matt Young X vs. DestroVega

Basically, ajh and Matt Young are holding us up. Not really sure what kind of deadline to put on this because you guys have had plenty of time to get the games played, but I don't want to drop anybody without warning. I guess I'll give it through this weekend. Playoffs are starting on Monday...one way or another.

I should be free later tonight after 10:00pm est if anyone I need to play can play than? Just PM me back here or if I am on my X-Box just send me a message there.

I never see AJH on when I'm on. Destro's not on my friend list. I've posted times when I could play...

Tonight, I'm going to a hockey game. Can either of you guys play in the next hour or so?

"SG Kazo vs. ajh2298"

These just got done very good games by both teams. The first game was a 2-1 Shootout win for the Flames(SG Kazo) and the second game was a 3-2 win for the Blackhawks(ajh2298).

well I could have played at 4:50 but didn't see the message till now, anytime u think u wanna play just PM me and i get it instantly, I've stated that numerous times before.

I'm sure we can get it done sometime, as I've also posted times I could play in the last two weeks.

[quote name='Matt Young']I never see AJH on when I'm on. Destro's not on my friend list. I've posted times when I could play...

Tonight, I'm going to a hockey game. Can either of you guys play in the next hour or so?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think we never see each other because one of us is east coast and one is west coast. I can be available to play early tomorrow if that works for you at all.

Also I saw AmmoWasted on earlier and sent him a message to see about playing but he responed back he couldnt play at the current moment, so I am trying to get my unplayed games in the best I can.

Hey, I appreciate the effort guys. I wish NHL's league system was better where I could just "resolve" unplayed games without having to drop anybody. Like maybe give a split for the series, and then let the final standings dictate who makes the playoffs. I guess there does need to be some reward for the people who've had their games finished though.

I just wish there were more options as the GM. I couldn't even see which games were left. I just pieced it together based on posts in this thread and how many games each person has played according to the standings, haha. You'd think creating a "schedule" wouldn't be too difficult for EA.

I think Matt Young also shows up as offline even when he's online, dunno if he has it set that way but that's what it shows for me anyway.

[quote name='DestroVega']I think Matt Young also shows up as offline even when he's online, dunno if he has it set that way but that's what it shows for me anyway.[/QUOTE]

I do that sometimes since I have certain friends who won't leave me alone when I tell them I'm playing a single player game or I'm already in a party. For example, I would often appear offline during our OTP games for that very reason. But lately, I have not been appearing offline.

As for tomorrow, how early are you talking, AJ? I'll likely be waking up at 3 P.M. Eastern, then I'll go to the gym around 6:15 Eastern. I can play between those times. After the gym, I'll be watching a wrestling pay-per-view from 8-11 Eastern. I could play after that as well. I'm also free on Monday, though I do have to play a Madden online franchise game at some point, likely early evening Eastern time.

AJ and Destro, let me know how any of those times works for you. Destro, if I don't get a response from you here, I'll PM you like you said.

To Matt Young and AmmoWasted,

I will be on today after 4:15 pm est for awhile and could also be available to play around 10:15 pm est please post back if either of those time frames work for either of you.

I just checked after reading that post and you're not on now. Can you play a little earlier, as in 10 Eastern? I have to start my league's Madden draft by 11:30 Eastern.

[quote name='Matt Young']I just checked after reading that post and you're not on now. Can you play a little earlier, as in 10 Eastern? I have to start my league's Madden draft by 11:30 Eastern.[/QUOTE]

Yes 10:00 pm est should be fine, if anything changes I will post back here and let you know. Also I will not have a working headset since i cant find the charger for my wireless one.

Well, since I can't find the *other* NHL 10 thread, I'll say here that I got a new disc and that, one way or another, there is going to be some hockey Friday night. I want to see if we can revive the revival.

AJH and I played and split our games earlier. Destro, will you be available tomorrow? I'm leaving for the gym around 9:15 Eastern time, so we can play before that or soon after I get back, eat, and shower (probably 11:15 or so Eastern).

[quote name='Matt Young']AJH and I played and split our games earlier. Destro, will you be available tomorrow? I'm leaving for the gym around 9:15 Eastern time, so we can play before that or soon after I get back, eat, and shower (probably 11:15 or so Eastern).[/QUOTE]

the 11:15 or so would be better. wouldn't want to start later than midnight though. just shoot me a PM when ready,

[quote name='Matt Young']AJH and I played and split our games earlier. Destro, will you be available tomorrow? I'm leaving for the gym around 9:15 Eastern time, so we can play before that or soon after I get back, eat, and shower (probably 11:15 or so Eastern).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']the 11:15 or so would be better. wouldn't want to start later than midnight though. just shoot me a PM when ready,[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you guys are the last game. And I'd really like to see it played because what I found out when I dropped Magic is that booting people changes the standings. What this means is if Team A legitimately won 2 games against Team B, and Team C legitimately lost 2 against Team B, if Team B gets booted, then Team A and Team C are even. I don't like that.

I'd much prefer to have the ability to just resolve unplayed games by giving a split and still allowing all the games that were played to count. That needs to be something they implement for next year because it's crappy taking wins away from somebody.

bread's done
Back