NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CheapyD']sorry ATL, i jumped the gun...ill be ready at 8:15 though[/quote]

dont worry, caught the bullet with my teeth.

what should we do in the case our game is extremely laggy? i just got done playing and it felt like i was on dialup or something.

[quote name='bkrobson']what should we do in the case our game is extremely laggy? i just got done playing and it felt like i was on dialup or something.[/quote]

i would think that if you both agree to quit the game that you'd be able to play it again. i don't have any experience with it, though, so i can't say for sure.

everyone who hasn't played their games yet, here's a reminder. please play them before the end of sunday.

Something came to my attention today I need to share with everyone in the league: CHEATING.

I'm in another league, and you wouldn't expect this from someone in a league, but my opponent tonight resorted to cheating. I'm going to say this right now: If anyone I play in a game feels the need to cheat to win, I will instantly quit the game. I don't have the time or patience to deal with it. Here is what I consider cheating:

1) Frequent skate across the crease of the net and dump in the puck.

2) There is a fighting glitch where you somehow grab your opponent and it depletes all his energy. Don't know how to do it, but it exists.

3) Jamming defenders INSIDE the net. its one thing to help defend, jamming them inside the net with the goalie is cheapass gaming.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Something came to my attention today I need to share with everyone in the league: CHEATING.

3) Jamming defenders INSIDE the net. its one thing to help defend, jamming them inside the net with the goalie is cheapass gaming.[/quote]

explain these better, i dont know what you mean.

i dont condone Cheat ass gaming either. im an old ass man (24) and i dont have time to be screwing around

I'll elaborate:

1) It is possible to take control of your skaters and wedge them between the goalie and the net, which basically seals any opening in the net. Its near impossible to score, unless the puck somehow bounces off the defender.

2) If you take a skater, and skate across the crease close to the goalie, you can easily score.

if anyone wants to see firsthand what I am talking about, I will show you in a nonranked game.

2) If you take a skater, and skate across the crease close to the goalie, you can easily score.
Just like in Real Life. Bring your defenders in closer to the net and don't allow the other team to freely skate across your crease. Use defensemen that have a high checking stat.

1) It is possible to take control of your skaters and wedge them between the goalie and the net, which basically seals any opening in the net. Its near impossible to score, unless the puck somehow bounces off the defender.
I'll agree that its cheap to do that, but I've never seen anyone do it very well. Usually your defensemen will push the goalie away or something. If it does work though, then its not good.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Something came to my attention today I need to share with everyone in the league: CHEATING.

I'm in another league, and you wouldn't expect this from someone in a league, but my opponent tonight resorted to cheating. I'm going to say this right now: If anyone I play in a game feels the need to cheat to win, I will instantly quit the game. I don't have the time or patience to deal with it. Here is what I consider cheating:

2) There is a fighting glitch where you somehow grab your opponent and it depletes all his energy. Don't know how to do it, but it exists.

3) Jamming defenders INSIDE the net. its one thing to help defend, jamming them inside the net with the goalie is cheapass gaming.[/quote]

i agree, though i don't know if i would use the word "cheating" so much as playing "cheap". it doesn't really matter what word you use to describe it, though, because no one in this league should be doing that. does that mean you can't skate across the crease and score? no, of course it doesn't mean that. if you have an open shot across the crease, by all means go for it. all i'm saying is that you shouldn't try to do THE EXACT SAME THING EVERY TIME DOWN THE ICE. mix it up a bit. winning is nice, but the number one goal of this league is for us to have fun, and if you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, it takes the fun out of the game.

as far as the fighting thing, all you have to do is grab ahold of your opponant and drag them towards you. it will eventually drain all of their energy, giving you the win without throwing a punch. luckily, since fighting isn't on in this league we don't have to worry about this.

So what's the deal with OT? I just played a double OT against KingDox, and not only was it 5 man, but it wasn't limited to 1 OT. No ties?

[quote name='WildWop']So what's the deal with OT? I just played a double OT against KingDox, and not only was it 5 man, but it wasn't limited to 1 OT. No ties?[/quote]

there weren't any options concerning overtime when i created the league. not allowing ties is stupid, but as far as i know there isn't a way to get around it if that's they way it is.

I can't access the league website anymore. Anyone have any tips on what I can do? I just keep getting the sign in page everytime. I'm using Firefox by the way.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I can't access the league website anymore. Anyone have any tips on what I can do? I just keep getting the sign in page everytime. I'm using Firefox by the way.[/quote]

i know you posted this a while ago, but i just tried it and it worked fine for me (i also use firefox).

toronto and san jose: are you guys playing tonight?

[quote name='BigDirty']I've got to forfeit my week one game. Work got way too shaq-fuing busy for me to play, so I'll take the hit on it.[/quote]

alright. thanks for being honest and letting me know what happened. toronto gets the win.

week 2 is now up. here's the schedule:

Atlanta @ NY Islanders
Dallas @ Boston
Los Angeles @ Calgary
Columbus @ Colorado
New Jersey @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Montreal
Phoenix @ NY Rangers
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Toronto @ St. Louis

play your games as soon as possible. thanks.

thatstoobad

You are my next opponent. When can you play? I work until 5cst and usually get home between 6cst and 7cst. Can you play after 7cst during the week. Let me know.

[quote name='flybrione']Do I get the win then? I tried to play our game with Dirty all week.

This is disappointing :([/quote]
Disappointing on both ends... I wanted to get it in... or basically any non-NGage game on the train this week, but it didn't happen....

gomer1andonly, we're up this week... let's get it done ASAP... I've got an itch to play.....

[quote name='flybrione']thatstoobad

You are my next opponent. When can you play? I work until 5cst and usually get home between 6cst and 7cst. Can you play after 7cst during the week. Let me know.[/quote]

i sent you a PM, but i'll just post here to make sure you get the message.

let's plan on wednesday night at 9 or later (central) for our game. if you can't play on wendesday, than let's try thursday night at the same time. those would be the best 2 days for me.

has anyone encountered the problem of not being able to accept a challenge? me and seebelow are experiencing this as i type, for the last hour or so.

Covering all the bases here.

Ultimate Matt X...game on Thursday night possibly? on CST here so plan accordingly and let me know. Thanks.

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='flybrione']Do I get the win then? I tried to play our game with Dirty all week.

This is disappointing :([/quote]
Disappointing on both ends... I wanted to get it in... or basically any non-NGage game on the train this week, but it didn't happen....

gomer1andonly, we're up this week... let's get it done ASAP... I've got an itch to play.....[/quote]

I'm in the process of moving but we are getting our cable modem hooked up tommorow so I'll be back up on live ASAP. Let me know what times are good for you and we'll go from there good sir.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']has anyone encountered the problem of not being able to accept a challenge? me and seebelow are experiencing this as i type, for the last hour or so.[/quote]

i think both of you need to be in the lobby. i played seebelow last week, and this is how i set it up: i went to the lobby, sent him a "ready to play" message, then he challenged me, i accepted, and that was that.

i know that once, a few weeks ago, i tried to play against someone on CAG in an exhibition game, and we were having problems getting the challenge going. so i'm not really sure what happened.

four games have been played. here's how this week's schedule looks so far:

Atlanta @ NY Islanders --- atlanta wins 3-2
Dallas @ Boston
Los Angeles @ Calgary --- los angeles wins 3-2
Columbus @ Colorado
New Jersey @ Detroit
Philadelphia @ Montreal -- montreal wins 2-1
Phoenix @ NY Rangers
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Toronto @ St. Louis ------- st. louis wins 4-1

let's get the rest of the games done soon, if possible. thanks.

I'm having difficulty setting up a game with Gojtron (Detroit). I'm hoping he replies back, but so far no progress has been made at all.

just a reminder that there's only two days left to play your games (today 11/7, and tomorrow 11/8). please try and play them.

i know that some of you guys are having difficulty with the communication, but just try to keep with it. i know both gojtron and bkrobson have played their games previously (in this league and others), so they must just be a bit busy this week. hopefully they'll find some time.

i guess we'll see what happens.

I do not want to take a loss over this game because I have made the effort to play the game. I'm still hoping he does contact me again and we do play our game. Here is how things have gone:

Weds Night: I'm online late and I challenge him, he declines.

Thursday: He says in a PM he needed sleep and we could play another time.

Since then: I sent 2 PMs (one last night and I believe I sent one thursday, but I'm not sure) and posted up messages here. Checking his profile, he has been on CAG posting messages as recently as 11:00pm last night.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I do not want to take a loss over this game because I have made the effort to play the game. I'm still hoping he does contact me again and we do play our game. Here is how things have gone:

Weds Night: I'm online late and I challenge him, he declines.

Thursday: He says in a PM he needed sleep and we could play another time.

Since then: I sent 2 PMs (one last night and I believe I sent one thursday, but I'm not sure) and posted up messages here. Checking his profile, he has been on CAG posting messages as recently as 11:00pm last night.[/quote]

i know that you've been trying, and i know that you're into playing, and you are the one who has been posting, so if worse comes to worse, i can't see myself giving you a loss.

the way i see it, everyone is allowed one loss due to not playing. it's possible that something can happen to where you don't get a chance to play one week, i can understand that. if you get 2 losses due to not playing, though, you're spot will then be open for someone else.

right now, san jose (bigdirty) is the only person who has a loss due to not playing. he still needs to play his game this week.

there are the four games that need to be played:
Dallas @ Boston
New Jersey @ Detroit
Phoenix @ NY Rangers
Tampa Bay @ San Jose

even if these four games are not played, this league will continue on to next week. if there's a game that hasn't been played, and neither player has posted about their attempts to play, then i will flip a coin, and see who wins (home team will be heads). i'm also going to send everyone who hasn't played a PM (sans dafoomie and manofpeace20, since they obviously already know) telling them to play.

please, everyone, play your games.

Ok, I have a problem. I found Gojtron online and we "played" our game. The game was VERY laggy. Anyhow, he scored on me early in the 1st. About halfway through the second, I scored to make the game 1-1. The problem is that he DISCONNECTED right after I scored that goal.

I understand the game was laggy to the point where it was unplayable, but he would have likely not quit if I didn't score and he would have took a win. If the lag was so bothersome, he should have quit when he was winning instead of waiting until I scored.

I would have liked to have talked to him about it, but he just plugged in another game and didn't even give me a reason for disconnecting (I assume it was lag).

I tested my server by hosting a game afterwards, and it worked great against another opponent.

*UPDATE*

I looked on the ESPN website, and its giving me a loss even though I got the black screen that said my opponent quit. This is complete bullshit.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I looked on the ESPN website, and its giving me a loss even though I got the black screen that said my opponent quit. This is complete bullshit.[/quote]

all i can say is that if the game was already laggy, and then it was dropped, it's hard to say who's fault it was. if a game is dropped on your end, i believe you still get the black "waiting for opponent" screen, so unless he comes right out and says "i dropped the game on purpose", there's no real way to tell what happened. either way, since the game was tied, i was going to try to erase the results, maybe reset the game.

i signed on xbox live, went to the league and looked to see what i could do, but it won't let me do anything at all. i apologize, but there's nothing i can do about the results of the game. it's very poorly designed.

please don't stop playing in the league just because of this mishap. hopefully things will actually work as they are designed to soon.

Heh, I'm in a bad mood myself, I haven't even touched hockey for over a week and then today I came out and totally sucked. Oh well, I really want another game right away though. Hopefully the games will get done soon.

Just have to play the next game and hope it doesn't happen again... At least the next person knows what to watch out for.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='manofpeace20']I looked on the ESPN website, and its giving me a loss even though I got the black screen that said my opponent quit. This is complete bullshit.[/quote]

all i can say is that if the game was already laggy, and then it was dropped, it's hard to say who's fault it was. if a game is dropped on your end, i believe you still get the black "waiting for opponent" screen, so unless he comes right out and says "i dropped the game on purpose", there's no real way to tell what happened. either way, since the game was tied, i was going to try to erase the results, maybe reset the game.

i signed on xbox live, went to the league and looked to see what i could do, but it won't let me do anything at all. i apologize, but there's nothing i can do about the results of the game. it's very poorly designed.

please don't stop playing in the league just because of this mishap. hopefully things will actually work as they are designed to soon.[/quote]

I never said I would quit, but I find it very odd the game would "drop" right after I tied the game.

Ya know what, I've reconsidered my decision. Seeing how Gojitron is actually in the XBOX discussion forum and POSTING, he didn't even bother to post in this thread. Considering he also didn't even leave a message saying something like "hey our game lagged out, lets play again sometime", its clear to me now what happened.

This little prick used an auto-win glitch to beat me. I found PRECISE descriptions of what happened in our game with other people in the XBOX Live forums. Seeing how he will get away with this and no justice will be done (its not your fault ThatstooBad), I want out. I do not have the time or patience to deal with this shit. This years game has so many damn glitches (scroll back a page or two for more details) I think I'm going to just sell the turd.

For those that think I'm full of crap, I'm going to post EXACT posts describing how this works.

DO NOT PLAY Marineman96 - HE'S AN AUTO-WIN CHEATER
Posted: 10-29-2004 06:39 PM
He challenges me with a record of 18-0. So I think, cool, a good player, and I accept.

Before the game starts, he puts his lines off. I ask him nicely to put them back on since I'm hosting the game. He responds with a "fuck you."

I go up 1-0. He says if I score again, he will drop the game and get the win. I tell him, "Even if you could do that, you'd still know you're my bitch. Nothing you do can change that."

I go up 2-0. He pauses the game, and says "Haha! I told you I'd do this." He then proceeds to [secret not revealed], which gives him the win. My record is unchanged.

A few minutes later, I notices he has another win. His record is magically 20-0 now.

DO NOT PLAY this douchebag. There is no way you can get a win against him.

Beware of Cheeters
Posted: 11-07-2004 03:09 AM
I signed on to play N0mas, and all of the sudden the game ends, I check his records and he has a 0-0 win vs me. Unreal how these losers cheat. There must be a bunch of them on top like this. He isn't the first person I came across that did this crap.

Apparently, this happened in last years version too:

Re: DO NOT PLAY Marineman96 - HE'S AN AUTO-WIN CHEATER
Posted: 10-31-2004 07:13 PM
do u have to quit at 0 seconds to get the auto-win in this years version also. i loved doing that in last years version, some people ended up with records of -1 wins and losses because they logged off after they got it done to them.

You're leaving the league? That sucks. Haven't had that problem to deal with, but I only play in leagues set up here, though. Any updates from GoJTron?

I don't even play people I don't know or aren't from CAG, its not worth the trouble. Did you at least give him bad feedback for cheating? Once you get a bunch of bad feedback, they'll start looking at you.

Anybody want to trade? My team needs a little work.

I'd still like to play some of you, as most of you were really cool. I'm still most likely selling this game because I'm so sick of the cheating (scroll back a page or so for more I've posted), but look me up in other XBOX Live games and we can play.

Dafoomie, his info all disappeared after the drop took place. This glitch was news to me, but it has obviously been around for a while. Reading its description, its clear thats what happened.

His name wasn't still in your "players" list, in your friendslist but press L or R? Should be there unless the whole game crashed. Should probably kick him out of the league if thats true. My brother can take his place, he was in the last league.

[quote name='manofpeace20']This little prick used an auto-win glitch to beat me. I found PRECISE descriptions of what happened in our game with other people in the XBOX Live forums.[/quote]

[quote name='manofpeace20']I go up 2-0. He pauses the game, and says "Haha! I told you I'd do this." He then proceeds to [secret not revealed], which gives him the win. My record is unchanged.[/quote]

Wouldn't he have to pause the game, then? It seems like he didn't do anything wrong. I've player against him in NFL (I think) and he didn't "cheat" in that game as far as I know. Then again, he really didn't have to. :lol:

Maybe he's not a cheater and you're just an asshole! :roll:

[quote name='dafoomie']His name wasn't still in your "players" list, in your friendslist but press L or R? Should be there unless the whole game crashed. Should probably kick him out of the league if thats true.[/quote]

I know that and it wasn't there. I have played over a 100 games and was ranked as high as 18 before the stat reset in October.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='manofpeace20']This little prick used an auto-win glitch to beat me. I found PRECISE descriptions of what happened in our game with other people in the XBOX Live forums.[/quote]

[quote name='manofpeace20']I go up 2-0. He pauses the game, and says "Haha! I told you I'd do this." He then proceeds to [secret not revealed], which gives him the win. My record is unchanged.[/quote]

Wouldn't he have to pause the game, then? It seems like he didn't do anything wrong. I've player against him in NFL (I think) and he didn't "cheat" in that game as far as I know. Then again, he really didn't have to. :lol:

Maybe he's not a cheater and you're just an asshole! :roll:[/quote]

Go suck a dick SJ41. I'm tired of your little bitch routine. If you read that thread, they were talking through the edit lines screen. The glitch can be done anytime during the game.

I don't want this to turn into another flame war and I want this thread to stay on hockey topic. I'm never posting here again so this can be avoided. E-mail me through [email protected] if you want to talk. If I want to talk to you, I'll reply back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back