NHL 2k5 - CAGHL II: TURBO - thread one: locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bkrobson']me and flybrione should get our game in by tomorrow night (dallas v toronto)[/quote]
i noticed that you are trying to move stu barnes. would you be interested in trading barnes and turgeon for mellanby and boguniecki? i'm assuming you weren't keen on the mellanby for arnott idea.

either way, i sent you the offer.

i'm going to advance the schedule before i go to bed, which will probably be an hour or two, so if anyone wants to get in their game at the (very) last minute, now's your chance.

here's how the simming breaks down:

NY Islanders @ Boston ----- coin flip
Dallas @ Toronto ------------ coin flip
Los Angeles @ Detroit ------- unless gojtron posts something, LA will get the win
Philadelphia @ Colorado ------ read below:

[quote name='stevemcq']Wasn't able to catch Cheapy online. Sorry.[/quote]
does that mean you are taking responsibility? that's kind of the way i see the statement, so if not, let me know.

No, I was out of town and just got back tonight...might as well give me another loss...its not like i've won any games anyway.

Maybe I could play now....You around, steve?

Ok, i've just posted the same thread on the league's board....

For the good of the league and for the people who are actually playing their games, i don't think those 8 teams deserve to play here. Don't get me wrong, i don't want to bash anyone for not being able to play their game, i just don't want anyone ruining the league.

Let's not kill the CAGHL:Turbo....

thanks

alex / xMETHx

The way I see it, not all of those 8 teams should be punished. BKRobson and KingDox showed initiative in playing their game, and Cheapy D and SteveMcQ had a legit reason. I say if they don't show interest this week, then by all means do whatever needs to be done.

I am scheduled to face Toronto, Boston, and the Islanders in the next 3 weeks. If all 3 skip their game again, I'm going to have a big gap in my schedule. It's not really fair to have to wait until after Christmas to play my next game.

[quote name='manofpeace20']The way I see it, not all of those 8 teams should be punished. BKRobson and KingDox showed initiative in playing their game, and Cheapy D and SteveMcQ had a legit reason. I say if they don't show interest this week, then by all means do whatever needs to be done.

I am scheduled to face Toronto, Boston, and the Islanders in the next 3 weeks. If all 3 skip their game again, I'm going to have a big gap in my schedule. It's not really fair to have to wait until after Christmas to play my next game.[/quote]

I'm with you dude, I know not all of the 8 teams are to blame, we need to find a solution to this.

week 5 is ready, here's the schedule:

Philadelphia 3, Calgary 2
Dallas @ Atlanta
Detroit @ Boston
Colorado @ San Jose
NY Rangers @ Columbus
Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles
St. Louis @ Montreal
Toronto @ New Jersey
Phoenix @ NY Islanders

to cheapyd and zewone: the league site says calgary lost the connection for this game. do you need me to reset the results? if so, let me know and i'll take care of it as soon as i get the response.

everyone: yeah, there were a lot of games simulated this week and it sucks, but hopefully that was just due to a busy schedule for the holiday. let's try to get our games in this week. if anyone feels like they won't be able to participate in the remainder of the league (now or at any point down the road), please let me know so i can try to get a replacement.

there's a crapload of trade offers posted on the league site, maybe some of you should check them out.

otherwise, let's get our games done. you have through 12/8 (until 12/9) to play your game.

[quote name='thatstoobad']
to cheapyd and zewone: the league site says calgary lost the connection for this game. do you need me to reset the results? if so, let me know and i'll take care of it as soon as i get the response.
[/quote]
No, we lost connection after the game had ended...its all good.
My first victory!

Sorry we didnt get our game in but it was attempted. Oh well, im ready for the new week and my new first line :) Nick Zero, i'm sure we will play soon, i see you on all the time. Look for me in the evenings around 8-10 pm est.

Yeah, CheapyD kicked my ass in the 3rd quarter. It was a really good game. And I reset the Xbox before letting my Xbox send in the stats for the game. :oops: All I had to do was log back on and everything was okay.

Hey zewone did you get my trade offer from a while back? on the same note, if anyone sees a trade and doesnt want it, maybe it would be a good idea to actually decline it while you are logged into live and in the league area. we have quite a few "stale" trades still waiting to be acknowledged in there (not excluding myself) at least by declining the trade rather than ignoring them, we know if the person actually saw it or not.

[quote name='bkrobson']Hey zewone did you get my trade offer from a while back? on the same note, if anyone sees a trade and doesnt want it, maybe it would be a good idea to actually decline it while you are logged into live and in the league area. we have quite a few "stale" trades still waiting to be acknowledged in there (not excluding myself) at least by declining the trade rather than ignoring them, we know if the person actually saw it or not.[/quote]

No. I never saw it. I'll check it out today and let you know.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, CheapyD kicked my ass in the 3rd quarter. It was a really good game. And I reset the Xbox before letting my Xbox send in the stats for the game. :oops: All I had to do was log back on and everything was okay.[/quote]

Yo, There's no 3rd quarter in hockey :lol:

[quote name='bkrobson']Hey zewone did you get my trade offer from a while back? on the same note, if anyone sees a trade and doesnt want it, maybe it would be a good idea to actually decline it while you are logged into live and in the league area. we have quite a few "stale" trades still waiting to be acknowledged in there (not excluding myself) at least by declining the trade rather than ignoring them, we know if the person actually saw it or not.[/quote]

yeah, i have to agree with that one. excluding dallas (since he's already responded to my offers), i have sent trade offers to tampa bay, the NY islanders and calgary.

[quote name='METH'][quote name='zewone']Yeah, CheapyD kicked my ass in the 3rd quarter. It was a really good game. And I reset the Xbox before letting my Xbox send in the stats for the game. :oops: All I had to do was log back on and everything was okay.[/quote]

Yo, There's no 3rd quarter in hockey :lol:[/quote]

Period. :oops: I don't watch or play much hockey.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='bkrobson']Hey zewone did you get my trade offer from a while back? on the same note, if anyone sees a trade and doesnt want it, maybe it would be a good idea to actually decline it while you are logged into live and in the league area. we have quite a few "stale" trades still waiting to be acknowledged in there (not excluding myself) at least by declining the trade rather than ignoring them, we know if the person actually saw it or not.[/quote]

yeah, i have to agree with that one. excluding dallas (since he's already responded to my offers), i have sent trade offers to tampa bay, the NY islanders and calgary.[/quote]

I also sent out 3 trades that have been open for awhile.

[quote name='bkrobson']Sorry we didnt get our game in but it was attempted. Oh well, im ready for the new week and my new first line :) Nick Zero, i'm sure we will play soon, i see you on all the time. Look for me in the evenings around 8-10 pm est.[/quote]

no doubt man. if you could play tonight that woudl be solid- i have a bunch of end of semster shit i have to do this w/e. not saying that ill miss my game. there's always time for hockey. :wink:

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='bkrobson']Sorry we didnt get our game in but it was attempted. Oh well, im ready for the new week and my new first line :) Nick Zero, i'm sure we will play soon, i see you on all the time. Look for me in the evenings around 8-10 pm est.[/quote]

no doubt man. if you could play tonight that woudl be solid- i have a bunch of end of semster shit i have to do this w/e. not saying that ill miss my game. there's always time for hockey. :wink:[/quote]

i should be around for a short while tonight. after 8 pm my time, which i think is 10 est. (i'm in arizona) if not, sunday is always a definate day for me in the afternoon though.

Huzzah! Got my game in with BigDirty today. First one in a few weeks since I've had some games simmed. Good game BigDirty.

I was supposed to play BigMes at 2 central today, and he never came after waiting over an hour. Also, I invited him to play last night but he kept playing Halo 2. I know stuff comes up, but i have finals next week and I might have problems playing my game if it goes past this weekend.

*Also declined my invite Saturday night.

I'm going to Amsterdam tonight and won't be back until next sunday. If you have someone lined up you can replace me (since i'll be going away again from the 21st to the 28th), otherwise just sim me for a loss.

Ok, since my last post, we have both been online at the same time 3 seperate times. But he never answers my request to play our game. I can understand if he wants to play another game instead of NHL 2K5, but at least tell me. As it stands, we probably will not get our game in. I'm tired of pursuing someone who has no interest in playing me.

Yeah since WildWop is gonna be gone and he asked, what about booting him for the weeks he's missing and letting another 3-1 team that has some free time take his spot until he gets back. I don't mind playing someone else instead of taking a sim win/loss. He can always get the spot back when he is ready to play, just gotta invite him back in.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah since WildWop is gonna be gone and he asked, what about booting him for the weeks he's missing and letting another 3-1 team that has some free time take his spot until he gets back. I don't mind playing someone else instead of taking a sim win/loss. He can always get the spot back when he is ready to play, just gotta invite him back in.[/quote]

If that is a possibility, I'd borrow his team until he returns.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah since WildWop is gonna be gone and he asked, what about booting him for the weeks he's missing and letting another 3-1 team that has some free time take his spot until he gets back. I don't mind playing someone else instead of taking a sim win/loss. He can always get the spot back when he is ready to play, just gotta invite him back in.[/quote]

If that is a possibility, I'd borrow his team until he returns.[/quote]

if that's what you want to do (drop from new jersey this week to play as the rangers) then that's fine.

it's kind of pretty annoying that we haven't been able to have one week where everyone has played their game yet, though.

IF THERE IS SOMEONE THAT WANTS TO PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE AND WILL PLAY ALL THEIR EFFING GAMES (or at least most of them), THEN PM OR POST HERE.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah since WildWop is gonna be gone and he asked, what about booting him for the weeks he's missing and letting another 3-1 team that has some free time take his spot until he gets back. I don't mind playing someone else instead of taking a sim win/loss. He can always get the spot back when he is ready to play, just gotta invite him back in.[/quote]

If that is a possibility, I'd borrow his team until he returns.[/quote]

if that's what you want to do (drop from new jersey this week to play as the rangers) then that's fine.

it's kind of pretty annoying that we haven't been able to have one week where everyone has played their game yet, though.

IF THERE IS SOMEONE THAT WANTS TO PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE AND WILL PLAY ALL THEIR EFFING GAMES (or at least most of them), THEN PM OR POST HERE.[/quote]

Alright, I'll drop New Jersey this week to be the Rangers. The Rangers are my secondary team, so they should feel familiar.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I need the invite to play as the Rangers.[/quote]
invite sent.

otherwise, week 6 will last until the holidays are over. i'm thinking jaunary 5th. i know it sucks for those of us who aren't going somewhere during this time, but i know a lot of people will be, so i think rather than letting the league completely dissolve, we should just wait a couple extra weeks. if someone wants to set up a small tournament in the meantime to tide the rest of us over until we continue with the league, that would be cool, but otherwise the CAGHL2turbo will be going on a short break.

i want to make this clear: THIS WEEK (week 5) WILL STILL END ON THE SCHEDULED DATE, AND THE NEXT WEEK (week 6) WILL BEGIN ON THE SCHEDULED DATE. YOU WILL THEN HAVE UNTIL JANUARY 5th, 2005 TO PLAY YOUR WEEK 6 GAME.

oh yeah, and you people need to accept or decline those trade offers already. we have ELEVEN open trades waiting for a response.

ick- i think i may just join a different leauge and see if its the same thing and give it a rest completely if it is. a game a week shouldnt be that hard for x amount of people and there are some who have played every game regardless of schedule etc. i think postponing the play is crazy- heads cant play now, i dont see it getting any better.

I can understand your POV there. It sucks all of us can't be appeased. You could probably find people who can play a game a week so I hope you do find a league like that. I am one of those people that thatstoobad is talking about, so I think I should explain.

I will be unable to play any games for the next month as I will be leaving the hemisphere. I am going to see my girlfriend and that takes precedence over anything. I realized I made a commitment to play here, but things happen. I never imagined I'd get to see her and I'm not going to pass up on this chance. I have offered to give up my spot in lieu of someone who can play every single game, but that's just how things are on my end.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']ick- i think i may just join a different leauge and see if its the same thing and give it a rest completely if it is. a game a week shouldnt be that hard for x amount of people and there are some who have played every game regardless of schedule etc. i think postponing the play is crazy- heads cant play now, i dont see it getting any better.[/quote]
that's why i suggested that someone may want to make a short "holiday tournament" or something, and only include the players that will be here that we know are going to play their games.

honestly, i'm kind of disappointed as to how the league turned out as well. i agree, i don't see how hard it is to play one game a week (unless you are leaving for more than a week, obviously). i don't know, maybe it should have only been 8 or 10 players.

i guess if there are only a few players who will be missing (like under 4), then we could just continue the schedule, if that's what everyone wants. i just have a feeling that there's going to be more than 4 people who don't play their games over the holidays.

we'll just wait and see what happens, i suppose.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='EddieBelfour']ick- i think i may just join a different leauge and see if its the same thing and give it a rest completely if it is. a game a week shouldnt be that hard for x amount of people and there are some who have played every game regardless of schedule etc. i think postponing the play is crazy- heads cant play now, i dont see it getting any better.[/quote]
that's why i suggested that someone may want to make a short "holiday tournament" or something, and only include the players that will be here that we know are going to play their games.

honestly, i'm kind of disappointed as to how the league turned out as well. i agree, i don't see how hard it is to play one game a week (unless you are leaving for more than a week, obviously). i don't know, maybe it should have only been 8 or 10 players.
[/quote]

I like the idea of a CAGHL All-Stars Tournament for the Holidays. You can count me in. I've played all my games until now and i see no problem playing during the holidays.

Whatever happens with the CAGHL:Turbo in the next couple of weeks, let me say that i've enjoyed playing against all of you guys and i'll be looking forward to join a new (and smaller) version of the the CAGHL anytime.

thatstoobad: I'll get you back ;)

I'm also a fan of the Holiday Tournament Idea... what might work even better would be a one-day event tournament, with the first round starting at 1:00, second round at 2:00, third at 3:00, finals at 4:00. That, my friends, would be pretty bad ass!

And if anyone sees me on and wants to play NHL in a non league match, feel free to send the challenge, i'm sick of getting the invites for Halo 2, especially when I refuse to own the game!

[quote name='BigDirty']I'm also a fan of the Holiday Tournament Idea... what might work even better would be a one-day event tournament, with the first round starting at 1:00, second round at 2:00, third at 3:00, finals at 4:00. That, my friends, would be pretty bad ass!

And if anyone sees me on and wants to play NHL in a non league match, feel free to send the challenge, i'm sick of getting the invites for Halo 2, especially when I refuse to own the game![/quote]

Big Dirty,

we're 1-1 remember? If i see you online, you can bet that i'll send you a challenge.

muahahahaha

to Man of Peace I was there on Saturday and did not see you name on my friends list as being online I might of missed you. When I was playing Halo 2 I was in Matchmaking and not just going to leave my clan match. And on Sunday I messaged you to give me a half hour because I had a friend over and he was leaving. I was online for 2 hours playing godzilla afterwords waiting for an invite and nothing.

I have been in three failed league so far through CAG. If he can not play during the week than I'm out of the league. This would be three weeks in a row that I have not played and I know I'm one of the people getting blammed for the league not working which I think is BS. This happened with the first CAG hockey league, it happened in the first football league and the second. Now this league.

How do you expect to keep people interested in playing when no one plays there games.

I am available this week and the rest of the month (December) anytime after 7pm cst weekdays. Weekends depend on schedule.
PM me here with a Time after 7cst and I'll play a game.
I perfer a message here because I will get notified by email of it.

Thanks

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I can understand your POV there. It sucks all of us can't be appeased. You could probably find people who can play a game a week so I hope you do find a league like that. I am one of those people that thatstoobad is talking about, so I think I should explain.

I will be unable to play any games for the next month as I will be leaving the hemisphere. I am going to see my girlfriend and that takes precedence over anything. I realized I made a commitment to play here, but things happen. I never imagined I'd get to see her and I'm not going to pass up on this chance. I have offered to give up my spot in lieu of someone who can play every single game, but that's just how things are on my end.[/quote]

its good dog- believe me, id be all over a trip to amsterdam, just make sure you make the most of the time with a girl and smoke some of that tree over there for me. :lol:

i do like the idea of the quick tourney, but how easy is that going to be? i dont know if we could find 8 people to play like that, im not sure if a leauge of more than 8 people can work. i just hate to sit out and then play on pro, which im not used to, especially after not playing for two weeks, since im an avid fan of all star. its rather wack that these leauges arent working out- best idea for a tourney:

schedule a day where everyone has off, im pretty much good to go on MWF after 830 pm or so and free all day on tues thurs sat and sun, after the semester is over of course- however, im going to buy fable and get my game on so i guess we will have to see.

i imagine thatstoobad, matt x, myself and who else is down for a tourney? theres always time for hockey as i like to say :twisted:

[quote name='BigDirty']I'm also a fan of the Holiday Tournament Idea... what might work even better would be a one-day event tournament, with the first round starting at 1:00, second round at 2:00, third at 3:00, finals at 4:00. That, my friends, would be pretty bad ass![/quote]
that sounds like a good idea to me. if anyone wants to set it up, i'd definitely be all for it (i don't really feel like setting up another league/tournament thing). i'm sure we could get 8 people to play, a bunch of people have played all their games (or at least most of them, since sometimes missing a game isn't their fault), as long as we keep it at 8 players we should be fine. i'd also like to play on all-star difficulty, but that's just my personal preference. i'm usually free most saturdays, which would probably be a good day for such a thing.

to flybrione and pretty much everyone else: i've done the best i can to try to keep the league organized and on track. obviously an online hockey league isn't going to be the most important thing in anyone's life, but at the same time it's supposed to be a fun little thing all of us have going on, and by joining you're agreeing to play one half-hour game per week (that statement isn't directed towards anyone in particular). i think the reason games aren't being played is either because of a lack of communication or a lack of consideration. like, if you can't play your game on a given week, that's fine if you let everyone, or at least your opponant know. some people have done that, but a lot haven't. hopefully everything can get back on track once we restart, but i'm not going to hold my breath.

I can host the tournament. I just need names of whoever is playing.

I did send you an invite while u were playing Godzilla, and you just logged off completely. I never got a message. I'll try to fit you into my schedule this week, but I'm not going out of my way seeing as how I tried to play you already, and my college finals are far more important.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I can host the tournament. I just need names of whoever is playing.

I did send you an invite while u were playing Godzilla, and you just logged off completely. I never got a message. I'll try to fit you into my schedule this week, but I'm not going out of my way seeing as how I tried to play you already, and my college finals are far more important.[/quote]

Count me in.

THERE IS A GOD!!! I just saw nobody has NJ anymore in the league. Can I switch from Phoenix to NJ??? Come on, I mean look at my live ID--its NJDevilsFan. Please? I have a friend who would play as Phoenix if needed.

Alright I just caught up on reading this thread. There are my feelings:

1. Please don't give up on this league. I've really enjoyed the two weeks I've been in it and I've gotten the 0-3 Coyotes on the right track. (1-3-0-1) It sucks that people can't play their games but it's something we will just have to deal with.

2. If we do decide to scrap this league and make a new one (with only the extremely active people) I will join. I have played all my games so far--I don't have a problem making time for a game per week, unlike many people who don't play. (no offense or anything)

3. About a Holiday Tournament--I'm in, and shotgun Devils this time!!!Unless you have to be the same team as the league, in which case I'll settle with Phoenix. I'll even head the tourney if you need someone to.

Just keep me informed on the official plans for either a new league (let's try to keep this one up though) or a tourney.

[quote name='TJordan522']Alright I just caught up on reading this thread. There are my feelings:

1. Please don't give up on this league. I've really enjoyed the two weeks I've been in it and I've gotten the 0-3 Coyotes on the right track. (1-3-0-1) It sucks that people can't play their games but it's something we will just have to deal with.

2. If we do decide to scrap this league and make a new one (with only the extremely active people) I will join. I have played all my games so far--I don't have a problem making time for a game per week, unlike many people who don't play. (no offense or anything)

3. About a Holiday Tournament--I'm in, and shotgun Devils this time!!!Unless you have to be the same team as the league, in which case I'll settle with Phoenix. I'll even head the tourney if you need someone to.

Just keep me informed on the official plans for either a new league (let's try to keep this one up though) or a tourney.[/quote]
i'm kind of pleasantly surprised to see only three games left to be played this week. i think we can still salvage the league and really get it going, we just may need to replace a couple of players in the process. i'm really hoping the league can survive the holiday break, because i'd like to see what ends up happening.

Alright, BigMes and I played. Hell of a battle, I ended up winning 1-0. But there is a problem.....

I beat him as the Rangers, and my team is the Devils. The schedule read like this:

Devils VS Toronto
Rangers VS Blue Jackets.

I beat Toronto as the Rangers, and the win counted for the Rangers. problem is that I cannot face Matt X now and the schedule reads as the Rangers beat Columbus. Matt X got the loss even though i beat BigMes.

I think the result may have to be reset and I will have to go back to being the Devils.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Alright, BigMes and I played. Hell of a battle, I ended up winning 1-0. But there is a problem.....

I beat him as the Rangers, and my team is the Devils. The schedule read like this:

Devils VS Toronto
Rangers VS Blue Jackets.

I beat Toronto as the Rangers, and the win counted for the Rangers. problem is that I cannot face Matt X now and the schedule reads as the Rangers beat Columbus. Matt X got the loss even though i beat BigMes.

I think the result may have to be reset and I will have to go back to being the Devils.[/quote]
that's really, really weird. i'll reset it. also, if you don't mind, please drop the rangers team so i can send you the invite for new jersey.

edit: nevermind. i just signed in and dropped you from the rangers, and now i'll send you the invite for the devils.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='manofpeace20']Alright, BigMes and I played. Hell of a battle, I ended up winning 1-0. But there is a problem.....

Devils VS Toronto
Rangers VS Blue Jackets.

I think the result may have to be reset and I will have to go back to being the Devils.[/quote]
that's really, really weird. i'll reset it. also, if you don't mind, please drop the rangers team so i can send you the invite for new jersey.

edit: nevermind. i just signed in and dropped you from the rangers, and now i'll send you the invite for the devils.[/quote]

Since I did win 1-0, is there a way my win can still count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back