Ni No Kuni 2 Premium Edition $19.99 @ Bestbuy ($15.99 GCU)

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
so you would collect that video game box to just have for show all your life?
they wear gloves to handle the comics which is inside the "case". The case is what we are talking about.

Yes, I collect the 'box' too. It's part of the set or collectors edition as a whole.

I don't sell, I just want what I pay for to be mint, especially collectors items. It's the principle of the matter.

mine came in ok in a bubble wrap mailer but it has spider wrap indentations unfortunately.  I'll likely play the game anyways so the box isn't a big issue for me at this point.  I'll be annoyed if the steelbook is damaged though.

Ehh guys really its just a box
People who are willing to pay a full price premium, deserve to get what they paid for. Unless you're willing to pay $200 for a beat up open box game, maybe your opinion isn't so thought out. If nobody is willing to buy damaged goods at full price, maybe it wasn't a good idea to damage it in the first place?

If it's super discounted and charged as such, that's a different story. But "it's just a box" argument is dumb and unhelpeful, regardless of intention.

I have come to the realization that who cares....it’s a material item you can’t bring with you when you die...

Stop worrying about the little things like boxes

You cared enough to rephrase the "it's just a box" statement. Feel free to stop worrying about others. Can't bring trolling with you when you die.

mine came in ok in a bubble wrap mailer but it has spider wrap indentations unfortunately. I'll likely play the game anyways so the box isn't a big issue for me at this point. I'll be annoyed if the steelbook is damaged though.
My steelbook was crushed. Never dealt with an exchange or return from BB yet.

Got mine today. Came in a small box. Also came with a FigPin Evan. Guess it was a leftover pre-order bonus item. Only minor damaged on the top back corner of the box where it looks like it got crushed a little, but other than that it's great!

You cared enough to rephrase the "it's just a box" statement. Feel free to stop worrying about others. Can't bring trolling with you when you die.
What?

Lol

Not trolling, stating my opinion and how I’ve gotten over the anxiety I had over getting damaged items. Sometimes it helps to look at the big picture, no need to get upset.

What?

Lol

Not trolling, stating my opinion and how I’ve gotten over the anxiety I had over getting damaged items. Sometimes it helps to look at the big picture, no need to get upset.
No need to assume that I'm upset. I just literally answered your question of who cares (that would be you). Actually, a lot of people are reporting how their boxes are (it's literally half this entire thread), and some expressed distain of best buy damaging their own products for sale (which I'm among, but only because it doesn't make any sense for Best Buy to do this if they actually want things sold).

I received mine today in a box. Oddly I think it was damaged before it made it into the box. Some edge damage on the outside box and the steelbook has a small dent with some minor damage to the artwork. I don't mind at a discount but I would have returned it if I paid retail.

I received mine today in a box. Oddly I think it was damaged before it made it into the box. Some edge damage on the outside box and the steelbook has a small dent with some minor damage to the artwork. I don't mind at a discount but I would have returned it if I paid retail.
Sounds like yours was in that spider security wrap. It sucks, but best buy does it a lot for no real reason (as they have other options for security).

Sounds like yours was in that spider security wrap. It sucks, but best buy does it a lot for no real reason (as they have other options for security).
Like I said earlier they like to troll the whiny collectors. Nothing is more entertaining than a grown man throwing a fit because every Breath of the Wild Collectors Edition is in a VERY tight spider wrap.

Like I said earlier they like to troll the whiny collectors. Nothing is more entertaining than a grown man throwing a fit because every Breath of the Wild Collectors Edition is in a VERY tight spider wrap.

It's a bad business decision to ruin your product before a customer purchases it.

Let's flip the script...

You go to a car lot and want to buy a brand new car. The make/model is irrelevant. You decided on the one you like and before you sign the paperwork, I kick in the doors and cause some decent dents.

So what, it's just a car. It doesn't affect the performance of it. It's only cosmetic... you can't take a car to your grave. Nothing's more entertaining than a grown man throwing a fit over some door dents.

Yea, they aren't getting the fact that it is something you are paying for. It's easy for them to say "it's just cosmetic" when they aren't the ones buying. If the naysayers can't agree to only buy only shitty condition things, then they are just being hypocrites (ie: not practicing what they preach). 

So I see! Looking at the damage more closely the spider wrap makes sense. I can feel the indentations in the metal of the case.

If they don't want to glass case the things I wish they would use those plastic transparent boxes.

Yep, I knew it lol. BB could use those plastic transparent boxes or keep it behind a cage/display window, but they they don't 50% of the time. Loss prevention guys aren't thinking/working, or employees don't care because the spider wrap is easier/available. The LP guys could mandate a ban on the spiders, but they probably don't care (and BB is paying them too much for doing nothing).

It's a bad business decision to ruin your product before a customer purchases it.

Let's flip the script...

You go to a car lot and want to buy a brand new car. The make/model is irrelevant. You decided on the one you like and before you sign the paperwork, I kick in the doors and cause some decent dents.

So what, it's just a car. It doesn't affect the performance of it. It's only cosmetic... you can't take a car to your grave. Nothing's more entertaining than a grown man throwing a fit over some door dents.
I didn't go into the car dealership every day complaining about how they didn't have a Meta Knight Amiibo in stock or force customer service to call the other stores in the area to see if they had a Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook that didn't have a .03mm dent in it. If I had, I'd understand you kicking my doors in or whatever you were on about there.

Um, what are you talking about. People just want undamaged goods to buy. How hard is it to understand that. Also, I'm sure for the car dealership, it would be unacceptable for them to damage any of their cars pre-sale.

Bestbuy Employees are purposely doing this to get at collectors has to be the biggest load of Tinfoil hat BS ever
I can tell you this is true. Call it tin foil or not. If a store is in a district with high loss and management dictates extra security, so be it. Stores can use the extra large plastic bins or have the games locked in a cage or keep the high loss items in warehouse. Or some employees care and put the spiderwrap on carefully not to over tighten it.

Anything else is maliciousness, and I’ve seen it first hand.

I can tell you this is true. Call it tin foil or not. If a store is in a district with high loss and management dictates extra security, so be it. Stores can use the extra large plastic bins or have the games locked in a cage or keep the high loss items in warehouse. Or some employees care and put the spiderwrap on carefully not to over tighten it.

Anything else is maliciousness, and I’ve seen it first hand.
The employees that do that are probably the same ones that push down hard on their ball point pens when they autograph the sticker on your in store pickup order.

I was pleased to get mine on Tuesday for online in-store pickup and it was in a plastic box and not spider wrapped. Had a tiny ding in 1 corner but that's normal, was very happy.

The employees that do that are probably the same ones that push down hard on their ball point pens when they autograph the sticker on your in store pickup order.
Interesting that that is widespread. I’ve told employees not to do that at my local store. The front end sup now uses a marker to sign off on pick ups. Must have been complaints higher up. And no I never complained.

Mine just came in the mail (bubble mailer). There was no spider wrap on it but the box is a little crushed in a few places and the shrinkrap has some tearing. I haven’t opened it yet, but I can hear tiny pieces of plastic rattling around and a loose disc shifting. I’m guessing the disc holder broke :(
How do you even fix that in a steelbook?

Mine just came in the mail (bubble mailer). There was no spider wrap on it but the box is a little crushed in a few places and the shrinkrap has some tearing. I haven’t opened it yet, but I can hear tiny pieces of plastic rattling around and a loose disc shifting. I’m guessing the disc holder broke :(
You don’t. It has to be replaced.

It may not be the steelbook spindle that broke, it may be the normal PS4 case. I was very pleased to see that it came with both cases!

It may not be the steelbook spindle that broke, it may be the normal PS4 case. I was very pleased to see that it came with both cases!
I figured I’d open it since there was zero chance of being able to exchange it since it’s long sold out. It turns out it was the ps4 case and not the steelbook. It’s still kind of annoying, but I can live with it

Asxsoon as the sale is over, it's miraculously/instantly back in stock again.

How are they allowed to get away with this?

Most likely they only had a limited quantity of the title that they were selling at the sale price, so when that allotment was sold out they marked the item itself as sold out. Amazon does this a lot too, especially with their Lightning Deals.

Returns brotato. The neorotic peeps who return thier creased boxes due to their first world dilemmas
It's available for shipping. Timeframe doesn't match if account return shipping and processing at the warehouse. And let's be real, most people are keeping theirs at the sale price despite being mildly annoyed at the damage.

I said it before but "People just want undamaged goods to buy. How hard is it to understand that.".

It's not about the weebaboos who needs to have everything super perfect, and even then why give them grief about it.

It's available for shipping. Timeframe doesn't match if account return shipping and processing at the warehouse. And let's be real, most people are keeping theirs at the sale price despite being mildly annoyed at the damage.
The return thing was meant as a joke. What Josef said is the most likely reason. BB sold as many as they wanted to at that low price, then held back the rest to sell later at regular price. It helps them move some stock while getting others interested.

We can deal graveyard this beast now.

Most likely they only had a limited quantity of the title that they were selling at the sale price, so when that allotment was sold out they marked the item itself as sold out. Amazon does this a lot too, especially with their Lightning Deals.
I thought normal operating procedure would be if you are going to place an item on sale, actually sell out of said item and then mark it as 'sold out.' Not sell however many of said item and then once your system has sold 90% or whatever of said item, have your system state it's been sold out when in fact it isn't.

It's just a bad practice no matter how one tries to spin it. There is no way it is coincidental that their system indicates that they are sold out and the instant they end the sale price of it they all of a sudden have stock of it once again.

Do like I did and e-mail Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters (both of which are a headache to obtain e-mail addresses for on-line [I wonder why]) and communicate with them that you find this a deceiving and unscrupulous business practice.

You know how it works these days. Unless enough people bring it to their attention and complain about such practice, they will continue to use it.

I thought normal operating procedure would be if you are going to place an item on sale, actually sell out of said item and then mark it as 'sold out.' Not sell however many of said item and then once your system has sold 90% or whatever of said item, have your system state it's been sold out when in fact it isn't.

It's just a bad practice no matter how one tries to spin it. There is no way it is coincidental that their system indicates that they are sold out and the instant they end the sale price of it they all of a sudden have stock of it once again.

Do like I did and e-mail Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters (both of which are a headache to obtain e-mail addresses for on-line [I wonder why]) and communicate with them that you find this a deceiving and unscrupulous business practice.

You know how it works these days. Unless enough people bring it to their attention and complain about such practice, they will continue to use it.
Hopefully this is a joke, because this might be the dumbest thing I’ve read in awhile.

This happens all the time. I missed getting Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for $19.99 on the early BF Best Buy sale as it says sold out. But I guarantee it will back in stock after this coming weekend at regular price.

None in stock within 250 miles... Damn. Thanks for the post anyways, OP.
Ya know what, I call bullshit. I was in a store over the weekend and saw plenty of copies. I’d say best buy just disabled online ordering for it.
I thought normal operating procedure would be if you are going to place an item on sale, actually sell out of said item and then mark it as 'sold out.' Not sell however many of said item and then once your system has sold 90% or whatever of said item, have your system state it's been sold out when in fact it isn't. It's just a bad practice no matter how one tries to spin it. There is no way it is coincidental that their system indicates that they are sold out and the instant they end the sale price of it they all of a sudden have stock of it once again. Do like I did and e-mail Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters (both of which are a headache to obtain e-mail addresses for on-line [I wonder why]) and communicate with them that you find this a deceiving and unscrupulous business practice. You know how it works these days. Unless enough people bring it to their attention and complain about such practice, they will continue to use it.
It’s interesting how I posted about it last week saying that Best Buy disabled the inventory of the item though it was available in many stores. Members here told me I was a conspiracy theorist and full of it. I replied then and still stand with the same knowledge, I know how best buy works internally very well.

Some people believed you because they saw it first hand. Lazy naysayers thought it was easier to dismiss you as crazy instead of verifying themselves.

I said it before but "People just want undamaged goods to buy. How hard is it to understand that.".

It's not about the weebaboos who needs to have everything super perfect, and even then why give them grief about it.
Because they cross the line when they give employees excessive grief over every single item not being at least a 9.8 CGC quality. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that.

It’s interesting how I posted about it last week saying that Best Buy disabled the inventory of the item though it was available in many stores. Members here told me I was a conspiracy theorist and full of it. I replied then and still stand with the same knowledge, I know how best buy works internally very well.
What's even more pathetic is I called up the two closest Best Buy and the first store never picked up. I called them three times and went through the menu prompt three different ways to try and get an actual person to pick up and all three times, no one ever picked up the line, it just kept ringing and ringing. One of the times i let it ring for like twenty minutes straight as I had it on speakerphone and was doing other things waiting for a live person to pick up. The other two times I let it only ring for like five minutes or so before hanging up. Talk about shitty customer service. The other store I called picked up on the first call. I asked them if they would physically check stock as their web-site was indicating that they were out of stock but I had experienced first hand before where their web-site would indicate they were out of stock on an item when in fact I've seen before where a store actually has physical stock of it available. The rep I spoke with supposedly checked and indicated they did not have any stock in store for it available at this time.

So my question to those most experienced Best Buy commenters here is, if you are to call into a Best Buy and request they check if physical stock is available of a sold out web-store item, will they actually check to see if there is stock of it available or are they just putting you on hold and acting like they are checking and will come back on the phone shortly later indicating they do not have stock available when they've never bothered to check to begin with?

What's even more pathetic is I called up the two closest Best Buy and the first store never picked up. I called them three times and went through the menu prompt three different ways to try and get an actual person to pick up and all three times, no one ever picked up the line, it just kept ringing and ringing. One of the times i let it ring for like twenty minutes straight as I had it on speakerphone and was doing other things waiting for a live person to pick up. The other two times I let it only ring for like five minutes or so before hanging up. Talk about shitty customer service. The other store I called picked up on the first call. I asked them if they would physically check stock as their web-site was indicating that they were out of stock but I had experienced first hand before where their web-site would indicate they were out of stock on an item when in fact I've seen before where a store actually has physical stock of it available. The rep I spoke with supposedly checked and indicated they did not have any stock in store for it available at this time.

So my question to those most experienced Best Buy commenters here is, if you are to call into a Best Buy and request they check if physical stock is available of a sold out web-store item, will they actually check to see if there is stock of it available or are they just putting you on hold and acting like they are checking and will come back on the phone shortly later indicating they do not have stock available when they've never bothered to check to begin with?
What happened with the changes internally at Best Buy over the past couple years is that stores no longer answer phones directly. This may not fully apply to all districts or regions. In my region, one office or a specific locale answer and checks stock by computer, they are not physically at the store you originally called.

What happened with the changes internally at Best Buy over the past couple years is that stores no longer answer phones directly. This may not fully apply to all districts or regions. In my region, one office or a specific locale answer and checks stock by computer, they are not physically at the store you originally called.
So when you go to Best Buy's web-site and look up your local stores, doesn't it provide a different phone number for each individual store? Can't you navigate through the recorded prompts and get someone at your local store and request that they physically look for the stock themselves?

That as long as you are not choosing the 'product availability' prompt, which sounds like it would be the one you are referencing, you should actually get a live person at the store itself? I mean, I read what you wrote but it just seems nuts if you can't even speak with an actual person at a store any longer regardless of what region one lives in. Hell, even if it was in Alaska, for that matter.

I don't have any experience with the phone, but when in store I have asked this same question. Sometimes the rep will just check the website and use that to determine if any of the item is in stock. At that point I usually ask them to check their actual in store stock (and whether more are on the way) and this is done through their actual in store inventory system. This system can also bring up the next closest stores and give you an actual stock number at those stores, and whether more are on the way to the store.

bread's done
Back