Ni No Kuni 2 Premium Edition $19.99 @ Bestbuy ($15.99 GCU)

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the day 1 edition since the premium is sold out. Used GCU and the $5 mystery certificate they emailed me.

I hope this is better than the reviews say.

I picked up the day 1 edition since the premium is sold out. Used GCU and the $5 mystery certificate they emailed me.

In store or online? I thought GCU couldn't be combined with the mystery cert.

It works with GCU. I picked up a copy in store as well and had no problems. I just had him scan the code after the GCU discount and it applied right away.
Although I didn't get a mystery code this year (WTF?), I can confirm that the mystery certificate acts like a form of payment and does not override the automatic GCU discount that is applied at the register. At least, this is how it has operated the past 5/6 years (which doesn't explain why I didn't get a mystery certificate this year...).

What's the better deal? This at $15 or Dragon Quest XI for probably $35?

The only other JPRG ive played in the past 2 years was Persona 5.
There is something off with Dragon Quest XI if not for the super bland characters it just feels more geared to be more of a beginners entry to the series game....

Yeah, it's the same price; I got the Day 1 before they sold out of the Premium. I just don't care about the extra stuff.

I didn't mention the reward certificate I had because some people will argue they're not discounts since they're basically cash but since there's a question about discount stackability....everything stacks.

Mlx80vA.jpg

I printed it and they scanned the rewards number off the paper instead of having me type in my phone number.
I guess that’s another way you can do it. I personally didn’t want to show the printed out code until I had my GCU discount applied. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t any problems and if there was sometimes they will manually apply the code.

Ya know what, I call bullshit.

I was in a store over the weekend and saw plenty of copies. I’d say best buy just disabled online ordering for it.
People with these conspiracy theories.... why would Bestbuy do that?? 10000+ people have viewed this post and I highly doubt the warehouse had more than 200 of these editions sitting around and I would think stores had very few to bring with... You snooze you lose its that simple/

The day one edition is the same price and is in stock still...

Ya know what, I call bullshit.

I was in a store over the weekend and saw plenty of copies. I’d say best buy just disabled online ordering for it.
Is it that hard to believe that people are actually buying this up now that its finally hit a great price?

I hit a BB today around 2pm that had a few copies on the shelf recently and they were all sold out.

What's the better deal? This at $15 or Dragon Quest XI for probably $35?

The only other JPRG ive played in the past 2 years was Persona 5.
Dragon Quest overall is a better game but it does have some old school quirks. I love both, but would go DQ. Check out a few YouTube videos to get q feel for em

People with these conspiracy theories.... why would Bestbuy do that?? 10000+ people have viewed this post and I highly doubt the warehouse had more than 200 of these editions sitting around and I would think stores had very few to bring with... You snooze you lose its that simple/

The day one edition is the same price and is in stock still...

Unfortunately I don’t see it that way. I was at a store with more than enough quantity to still be sellable online yet the “sold out everywhere in the world” notice pops up.

There’s no snoozing. I preordered the CE ages ago, played and platinumed the game.

Unfortunately I don’t see it that way. I was at a store with more than enough quantity to still be sellable online yet the “sold out everywhere in the world” notice pops up.

There’s no snoozing. I preordered the CE ages ago, played and platinumed the game.
it's possible that those games you see are supposed to be collected by the store rep and held at the online pick-up area but are too lazy to actually do it.

I picked up my copy near closing today and they didn't even pull the game to the side for me. I got the pick up email in the morning. The guy went and grabbed the game off the gaming area for me as i waited there 3 minutes.

Has happened with other games and stuff before in the past that I've put for pick up.

Is it that hard to believe that people are actually buying this up now that its finally hit a great price?

I hit a BB today around 2pm that had a few copies on the shelf recently and they were all sold out.
I would argue that this is not a good price.

I paid $4 on a flash sale for the first ni no kuni game on PS3. At the time I had a sealed vanilla copy I paid $20 for that I sold on ebay.

I don't regret it. I still have a $4 dollar digital copy and profited off the physical copy.

This game will eventually be half of what it is now on PSN or completely free on PSN plus. Considering I am still on the first I can wait..

I paid $4 on a flash sale for the first ni no kuni game on PS3. At the time I had a sealed vanilla copy I paid $20 for that I sold on ebay.

I don't regret it. I still have a $4 dollar digital copy and profited off the physical copy.

This game will eventually be half of what it is now on PSN or completely free on PSN plus. Considering I am still on the first I can wait..
How much did you get for Ni No Kuni 1 on eBay?

I 100% agree that if you simply wanted the game, you should wait. However, steelbook aficionados should jump on this deal. Well, if it was still around. :(

*tearfully fingers five steelbooks in my collection and stares at the empty space reserved for this*

How much did you get for Ni No Kuni 1 on eBay?

Probably broke even after the fees and shipping. Maybe a small profit. Were talking cents to very few dollars if any.

My saving was still being able to have the game digitally for $4 bucks. I also got south park the stick of truth for $4 bucks as well digitally when PSN glitched. Then I returned the physical copy.

Worked out great because since then a few years now my PS3 bluray laser has been dead to top it off. So had I still have those physical copies they would be unplayable now. While as my digital I can go back and play. By no means am I more pro digital then physical. I do prefer physical. This is just a example of where I benefited from digital in both price and accessibility.

Now the physical issue with Spyro reignited trilogy with only 1 game on disc is BS.

Probably broke even after the fees and shipping. Maybe a small profit. Were talking cents to very few dollars if any.

My saving was still being able to have the game digitally for $4 bucks. I also got south park the stick of truth for $4 bucks as well digitally when PSN glitched. Then I returned the physical copy.

Worked out great because since then a few years now my PS3 bluray laser has been dead to top it off. So had I still have those physical copies they would be unplayable now. While as my digital I can go back and play. By no means am I more pro digital then physical. I do prefer physical. This is just a example of where I benefited from digital in both price and accessibility.

Now the physical issue with Spyro reignited trilogy with only 1 game on disc is BS.
I thought it was just some levels from Spyro 2 & 3 that we’re not on disc or something like that. Either way it’s BS.

I would say any price is too much if you’re buying games and not playing them. Don’t do that.

I was going to get this with GCU despite having the standard edition for a while and not playing it. I then realized the sad day has finally come and my GCU is now expired so at $19.99 this was a hard pass for me whereas with GCU I was happy to pay the discounted price. This must be what life after GCU feels like! Am I really going to pass on random games I won't play anytime soon now?!?!

I was going to get this with GCU despite having the standard edition for a while and not playing it. I then realized the sad day has finally come and my GCU is now expired so at $19.99 this was a hard pass for me whereas with GCU I was happy to pay the discounted price. This must be what life after GCU feels like! Am I really going to pass on random games I won't play anytime soon now?!?!
I think you mean....Passing on duplicate copies of games you already own that you won’t play anytime soon (or possibly ever).

Not buying the same game you already own sounds normal.

I think you mean....Passing on duplicate copies of games you already own that you won’t play anytime soon (or possibly ever).

Not buying the same game you already own sounds normal.
I have the standard edition and would prefer the steelbook. The plan was to upgrade the copy I have now, but without GCU my desire to do that was much less.

I would say any price is too much if you’re buying games and not playing them. Don’t do that.
This is true. Though if you absolutely know you will play it, then $20 is a good pricepoint given physical copies of games are now getting harder to come by. Fact is nowadays unless the game is a AAA super-seller, publishers are less eager to send the game back to the printer. Makes more sense to just offer it digitally.

I have the standard edition and would prefer the steelbook. The plan was to upgrade the copy I have now, but without GCU my desire to do that was much less.
I mean sure but do you just collect all steel books even if you didn’t like the game? You don’t even know if you’ll like the game.

For the naysayers out there, I experienced this as well. It was sold out everywhere when I checked online, but my local store had two. This was today, and it was "sold out" since yesterday. I do think they did limit the deluxe version for online availability and it's worth checking out your local best buy if it's not out of your way.

I didn't go there specifically for this deal believing it was secretly available, that would be delusional (I just happen to need groceries nearby).

In my experience, BB's store availability gets wonky when stock level gets down to a low number, like 2 or 3.  I've seen this for years at multiple stores across multiple states.  I sincerely doubt there are any nefarious reasons for the site to report something as OOS just to shaft online shoppers or to "protect" a deal.  What do they care?  A sale is a sale, regardless if it came from online or in person.  Everyone who's mad that they didn't get one and are blaming BB for screwing them over need to take a step back and think about it for a minute.

In my experience, BB's store availability gets wonky when stock level gets down to a low number, like 2 or 3. I've seen this for years at multiple stores across multiple states. I sincerely doubt there are any nefarious reasons for the site to report something as OOS just to shaft online shoppers or to "protect" a deal. What do they care? A sale is a sale, regardless if it came from online or in person. Everyone who's mad that they didn't get one and are blaming BB for screwing them over need to take a step back and think about it for a minute.
I don’t believe anyone is mad. I’m the person who brought up that Best Buy is lying about it.

And no I’m not salty, I own the CE and platinumed the game. I just know how Best Buy works internally very well and how easy it is to ‘turn it off’ when it comes to ordering online.

Wow. I can't believe it sold out. I grabbed one because, for $20, I'd try the game based on the art style alone.

Plus, it came with a steelbook (I love those) and was the same price as the regular edition. But I didn't think they would sell out.

Here's hoping the steelbook in the 1 copy I bought isn't totally destroyed lol

I wish Best Buy would use common sense and stop putting games in bubble mailer envelopes. The corner of my box has a ding in it. Unbelievable! Anyone get there's and is it damaged?

bread's done
Back