Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors $35 at Amazon.

Tsnake617

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't know if it's an error or a reprint, but Amazon claims to have 999 available for $35, which beats the hell out of all the other prices I've seen online. It's not in stock yet, but it's worth a shot if you're interested in getting it. Amazon expects to get it in stock in two or three weeks. I checked it yesterday and many sellers were charging $70 and up. http://www.amazon.com/9-Hours-Persons-Doors-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003VR5PPY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
EDIT: Just read about the difference between a visual novel and an adventure game. This is definitely an adventure game. I can't edit the tags for some reason, though.
EDIT 2: It's been requested that I point out that the aksys store has the watch bundle available online for 36.99. http://www.aksysgames.com/games/nineninenine/ It includes a watch designed to look like the bracelets worn in 999. I feel like I should point out that the Amazon version does NOT include the watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']whats keeping you from buying it? it might be gone by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I already own two copies. Normally, I'd just order it and return the new shipped copy to retail for a refund, but I lost the receipt when I went to return another item that was in the same purchase.

I want the watch, but not enough to get three copies of the same game. I'd much rather they just sell the watch separately like they originally did.

These watches are increasing in availability fast on Ebay; expect the price to plummet. Game too I suspect when hoarders have several extra copies to sell. :applause:

[quote name='zohar']Random: if you liked LOST, you'll like this game![/QUOTE]
[quote name='Optical']Why do you say that? ... without spoiling the game[/QUOTE]

Nine people are trapped on a sinking ship. They start out with seemingly no connections to one another (besides a sister/brother pair) and as the game develops, you realize that they all DO have connections. Also, not everyone is who they seem.

There's a history to the ship that predates the current time of the game, and a big part of the mystery is figuring out what happened. (What happened, happened?)

There are supernatural / scientific themes, kind of like how LOST is very supernatural, but still maintains some vague "science" behind it.

Hope that piques your interest :)

[quote name='Optical']Why do you say that? ... without spoiling the game[/QUOTE]

Like Lost, this is a character driven game. There are more than a few supernatural things that aren't quite fully explained, but because the focus is about the characters and their relationships with one another, the story shines.

One of the ending "twists" is, to quote Destructoid, something that truly couldn't happen anywhere but on the DS. You can guess if you so choose, but I doubt you'll ever find the right answer.

In short, buy this game. No other game has ever kept me up until 7 am on multiple nights.

I've been wanting a copy and since I don't have to pay tax or shipping and I get the watch, I couldn't pass this up. Thanks for the heads up guys!

Everyone get this game!!! Wow what a story telling masterpiece. I seriously suggest getting all the endings while playing this game. A lot of the character's back story is only told through other endings and when you go for the true ending, things will make more sense. This game had me hooked from the beginning and it has been a long time since i stayed up late nights with my palms sweaty, heart beating fast, as i was unfolding what was going on in this game.

To those comparing this to the Ace Attorney series which i also love, this game is much more dark in tone, but also very well written and translated. The game has a lot more writing and is heavy on details and exposition.

Also check out this spoiler free guide to help you get the other endings after you play through it first without using the guide.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/961351-nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors/faqs/61382

[quote name='confoosious']just like with amazon, you can put in a big number and they'll auto adjust to how much they have in stock.[/QUOTE]

Very incisive! Thanks for that interesting bit of info. I was not aware that you could do that. :)

[quote name='confoosious']just like with amazon, you can put in a big number and they'll auto adjust to how much they have in stock.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information (and reply).

Thanks. Picked 1 up and a watch. I find the Lost comment interesting, though, should I play this or Hotel Dusk (which has been on my queue *forever*) first?

[quote name='zohar']On that note, anyone play Last Window yet? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

People are probably waiting for it to drop at UK sites because of the nasty exchange rate (thanks for nothing, Nintendo of America.) I'm sure there'll be a few people on CAG who will import it whenever that happens, but in the mean time you're probably only going to get opinions from European review sites.

Picked up the 999 bundle yesterday, I'm a sucker for weird swag and waiting for a drop would probably get me burned on this one. Nearly did already until the second print run came along.

There are many games on Nintendo systems going European and not American now… guess there will be a lot of import to do.
Inazuma Eleven
Disaster : Day of Crisis
Last Window
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Another Code R
more...

I've never ordered from Aksys before - Was I supposed to get an order confirmation? The only thing I got was a notice from Paypal that they'd charged my account.

Would it be most illogical if I bought this game without owning a DS? I had zero plans to get a DS before this and I don't know when I would get one after.

[quote name='Zbornak']I've never ordered from Aksys before - Was I supposed to get an order confirmation? The only thing I got was a notice from Paypal that they'd charged my account.[/QUOTE]
The only confirmation you'd receive is the paypal receipt, which has the cart line items that you ordered anyway.

[quote name='Zbornak']I've never ordered from Aksys before - Was I supposed to get an order confirmation? The only thing I got was a notice from Paypal that they'd charged my account.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's all you'll get. And then another email from Paypal once the order has shipped. It was about a two day turn around for me when I ordered. It seems as if they are a very tiny company, so they don't have the online infrastructure that most major interactive publishers have. However, that makes me want to support them that much more, as long as they continue to publish games of the quality of 999. :)

[quote name='Calinks']Would it be most illogical if I bought this game without owning a DS? I had zero plans to get a DS before this and I don't know when I would get one after.[/QUOTE]

If this game keeps selling out I can't see Aksys saying "nope we're not gonna print anymore, we don't want your money"

You'll be able to still find this game when that magical day finally comes and you have a DS to call your own.

[quote name='WilliamG']Dude, reading this thread was worth the $36.99. I bought the game on aksys. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol. Me, too. The peer pressure was strong with this one.

[quote name='whoknows']I hope mine gets shipped soon...

Probably already been asked, but how are they shipping it?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped UPS.

They'll stop printing this game when the reprint upfront costs exceed the anticipated returns based on sales.

You get a shipping confirmation from paypal that says:

Aksys Games Localization, Inc. added shipping details. Please note that the shipping status is shown exactly as the seller entered it.

Shipper UPS
Tracking number (No tracking number btw)
Shipping status Shipped

I hope my copy arrives before Friday but if not is okay, I'm still playing Professor Layton and the unwound future. 17 hours into it and still not done with all the puzzle. Man oh man that game is great!

[quote name='Caddywompus21']If this game keeps selling out I can't see Aksys saying "nope we're not gonna print anymore, we don't want your money"

You'll be able to still find this game when that magical day finally comes and you have a DS to call your own.[/QUOTE]
The Ace Attorney games say hi.

Mine shipped out today as well.

[quote name='Calinks']Would it be most illogical if I bought this game without owning a DS? I had zero plans to get a DS before this and I don't know when I would get one after.[/QUOTE]

If you have no intention on buying a 3DS any time soon. ($300 is expensive after all) Then I recommend you get a Nintendo DS Lite before they completely phase out. Why lite? because it can play GBA games and is the easiest to hack (not that you would want to hack it.). Also certain DS games take advantage of the GBA slot; For example Pokemon (color DS) can transfer pokemons from Pokemon (Color GBA). The Band Hero, Guitar Hero games use the GBA slot for instrument. etc.

But if you don't care for that then wait for the DSi XL to drop price after 3DS launch.

[quote name='calinks']would it be most illogical if i bought this game without owning a ds? I had zero plans to get a ds before this and i don't know when i would get one after.[/quote]

3ds

[quote name='kiwixstyle']LoL...hit submit too late!

For the record though, I own some PSP games and have never owned a PSP..[/QUOTE]

I purchased Scribblenaut and Kingdom Hearts 358/ 2 days before I owned a Nintendo DS Lite. I got them at the b1g1 free used games at blockbuster. 7 bucks each just could not let it pass!

I love my DS purchase. Too many good RPG and Puzzle games! Layton Series and pretty much every S-E Remakes makes it worth while. 999 and Ace Attorney, and I haven't even tried any of the Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario, etc.) do have Pokemon.

There is only one reason I want a 3DS and that is for the new Layton games. I just know Nintendo is going to release a new and improved 3DS a year later, so have to resist the temptation. Plus I know that Layton wont be a release title in the USA. Part 4 for the DS is not even out yet here.

[quote name='xRemnant']I purchased Scribblenaut and Kingdom Hearts 358/ 2 days before I owned a Nintendo DS Lite. I got them at the b1g1 free used games at blockbuster. 7 bucks each just could not let it pass!

I love my DS purchase. Too many good RPG and Puzzle games! Layton Series and pretty much every S-E Remakes makes it worth while. 999 and Ace Attorney, and I haven't even tried any of the Nintendo games (Zelda, Mario, etc.) do have Pokemon.

[/QUOTE]

My backlog on DS is bigger than any other system, and I play it more than any other system. That's how many good games there are. Love it.

[quote name='Zerok']The Ace Attorney games say hi.

Mine shipped out today as well.[/QUOTE]

Really, you still can't find this five year old game that was originally a GBA title in Japan?

Cause Capcom is selling it with Ghost Trick here and it was ported to Wiiware recently, as well as Iphone I believe.

Sure this isn't an everlasting Nintendo title, the well will eventually run dry but that was a horrible example.

I'll be picking up one or two copies on friday when I get paid. I'll definitely be selling the watch on ebay to recoup my cost of the game. The trailer for it looks awesome.

I can't believe that some auctions for the watch alone went for $75 with around $40 being the low end.

bread's done
Back