Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

The Ambassador certificate is great because of the GBA games, since Nintendo is opting not to put any for purchase for some reason.

[quote name='DNukem170']The Ambassador certificate is great because of the GBA games, since Nintendo is opting not to put any for purchase for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I do wish they would get on that so I can get an updated file with save states, etc.

[quote name='DNukem170']The Ambassador certificate is great because of the GBA games, since Nintendo is opting not to put any for purchase for some reason.[/QUOTE]

More support for my theory that Nintendo actually hates money. Their sitting on a goldmine of GBA games that I bet a lot of people never even played or can't find. That, and the ability to use sleep mode and save states alone would warrant a repurchase on a few favorites. I really wish the Ambassador games AT LEAST went to sleep mode / worked with Street Pass and save states.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have them and it's cool they put them out. I just don't understand why they don't want them on the store.

[quote name='DNukem170']GBA games don't use Sleep Mode for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's annoying.

Oh, and while we're here, I'd like to plug Donkey Kong '94. That game is excellent. As is its sequel Mario vs. Donkey Kong, which I played first. I was playing it today and surprised at how many of the moves from the sequel are present in the original. Backflips, hand-walking, etc. It's such a fresh, modern game still, I can't imagine playing it on my old mammoth Gameboy.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the current MvDK Minis games, I'd love it if they gave us another platforming entry in the series.

[quote name='theflicker']Yeah, it's annoying.

Oh, and while we're here, I'd like to plug Donkey Kong '94. That game is excellent. As is its sequel Mario vs. Donkey Kong, which I played first. I was playing it today and surprised at how many of the moves from the sequel are present in the original. Backflips, hand-walking, etc. It's such a fresh, modern game still, I can't imagine playing it on my old mammoth Gameboy.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the current MvDK Minis games, I'd love it if they gave us another platforming entry in the series.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. DK94 is fantastic, I played it when it came out when I was just 10 years old on my original brick GB, and I'm also surprised at just how well it holds up. I'm also surprised I beat it as a kid without the ability to save between individual levels, not to mention it gets pretty damned hard towards the end.

I got it for free via Club Nintendo, but for those who haven't played it, it's absolutely worth $5.

[quote name='DNukem170']GBA games don't use Sleep Mode for some reason.[/QUOTE]

They dont use sleep mode, because it appears that the 3DS boots into a GBA firmware with just enough of a shim to allow rebooting into the 3DS OS. If its booting to a GBA compatibility mode then it isnt a virtual console in the usual sense and things like save states arent an option.

[quote name='johnnypark']More support for my theory that Nintendo actually hates money. Their sitting on a goldmine of GBA games that I bet a lot of people never even played or can't find. That, and the ability to use sleep mode and save states alone would warrant a repurchase on a few favorites. I really wish the Ambassador games AT LEAST went to sleep mode / worked with Street Pass and save states.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have them and it's cool they put them out. I just don't understand why they don't want them on the store.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I gotta agree. And not just GBA games. There are a ton of NES and SNES games that would sell a bunch if made available. But they continue a very slow drip when it comes to the Virtual Console.

Does anyone play puzzle swap? Do you use buy puzzle pieces option? I hate it when i spend coins and the 3ds keeps giving me the same piece i already have! Wtf nintendo! I have 130 / 530 pieces and you cant freaking code the game to give out 400 pieces that i dont have!!! Sheesh!!! I keep wasting coins coz of this. Grrrr!!!

[quote name='Erad30']Hell I'd pay $40 for a straight up remake ala OOT or Starfox. GET ON THAT NINTENDO![/QUOTE]

Square needs to give the OK too.

[quote name='DNukem170']Not for a long time. You need to use a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Has Nintendo given a reasoning for that? Can the 3DS not handle Mode 7? I bet that's it.

[quote name='jza1218']Has Nintendo given a reasoning for that? Can the 3DS not handle Mode 7? I bet that's it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, tbh. GBA games (The Ambassador ones) ran in DS mode, so who knows. I know that some games even the Wii couldn't handle.

NEW PUZZLE: Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger!

[quote name='renique46']and yet no region free LOL[/QUOTE]
I'm sure other models will come out that are, I hope that Nintendo just updates the 3DS to make it region free instead..

I just hope that some of the more interesting special models come to the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since E3 is coming, that means another Special Mii. This time it's Iwata cosplaying as Luigi.
yep yep! just got him right now... don't forget to get a pink puzzle piece from him. his also a level 5 in find mii. wish they release more special mii here in the US.

I just wanted to say that I am so addicted to style savvy right now that nothing could possibly pull my attention away from it. I have no idea why this is such a good game but its one of the best games I have played in a very long time. My question is is there any other 3DS games (besides AC) that are like style savvy where you just use the stylus to tap things, this control scheme really works for me so I was just wondering if there are any other games that use it.

I just wanted to say that I am so addicted to style savvy right now that nothing could possibly pull my attention away from it. I have no idea why this is such a good game but its one of the best games I have played in a very long time. My question is is there any other 3DS games (besides AC) that are like style savvy where you just use the stylus to tap things, this control scheme really works for me so I was just wondering if there are any other games that use it.
Ace Attorney can play completely with touch controls, and very much recommended. Except I'm not entirely sure that's what you're looking for... still a great series.

**None of them are 3DS games except of course for AA5 which isn't even out yet.

Anyone know when games go up for download in the eshop? Is it midnight eastern or midnight for each time zone? Animal Crossing of course. :bouncy:

I would buy AC but after my experience with the DS one I just feel like its the same thing again, and IMO I know it's supposed to be a sim but it just doesn't have enough to do in the game, the game needs more structure. It has worn out its welcome for me.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is going to be available at midnight EST on the eShop.  So a little over 23 hours from now.

I hope I can pick it up early next week. I'm at a point right now where I have beaten every 3DS game I own. This and the two Zelda GBC games should hold me over for a good while.

Anyone know when games go up for download in the eshop? Is it midnight eastern or midnight for each time zone? Animal Crossing of course. :bouncy:
Their PR just says midnight, so it could either be ET or PT.

I would buy AC but after my experience with the DS one I just feel like its the same thing again, and IMO I know it's supposed to be a sim but it just doesn't have enough to do in the game, the game needs more structure. It has worn out its welcome for me.
This game does have more of a structure to it compared to previous games, as you become the mayor and take on public works projects to improve the town that require you to do your thing to pay them off.

As mayors of their towns, players make decisions that will directly affect how their towns grow and function. Players can set ordinances, such as keeping their shops open later if they find themselves playing the game mostly at night, and also select public works projects to build, including bridges, benches, streetlamps and clocks. In addition to being mayor, players are also residents, and can earn money to spend at local businesses on Main Street, get to know their neighbors and collect myriad items like insects, fish, fossils and fruit, some of which can be donated to the town museum for visitors to admire.

buying animal crossing on launch day but im still contemplating if i should go digital of physical for this game.

most of my games are physical except for 3D land which i got as my free game during that buy an xl and game get a free game promotion. i enjoyed 3d land as a digital but im still keeping a lookout in buying the game physical just for my collection. hehe!

animal crossing seems like the game that should be always on my 3ds coz of the daily things you can do with it. what do guys think? 

buying animal crossing on launch day but im still contemplating if i should go digital of physical for this game.
I'm going with physical because of Nintendo's archaic digital system (i.e. tied to hw rather than account, requires transfer to new device, will lose if hw breaks). Would have been nice to always have it on my 3DS though since I plan to play daily for a long time.

Got txt that my AC XL will be ready for pickup tomorrow. I will also be getting the digital for my XL tonight.  I will pick up a physical copy for keepsake later on.

bread's done
Back