Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just say to register and fill surveys out by August 31, which makes me believe that it's retroactive.
I concur. And it better be or Nintendo will receive a metric ton of hate, from me included.

This is so awesome.   Never got around to registering FE and now I don't have to worry about the whole retroactive thing.   Not sure I even want SMTIV but I figure I can easily sell it used and only lose $10.

Thanks OP.

Click 'redeem' on the $30 eShop Credit item page and confirm your order to receive an activation code with a value of $30 in Nintendo eShop credit.
Activation codes must be retrieved at the Club Nintendo site by September 30th, 2013

The code must be redeemed within the Nintendo eShop by December 31st, 2013. Once credit is added to your balance at the Nintendo eShop, there is no deadline to use your increased balance.
So... which is it? Not that it matters to me, since I'd add it to my account pretty much instantly, but I still don't like seeing contradictory information.

Actually, it makes more sense if you think about it.

You have to get the code off the CN by September 30th. It will disappear off the site after that date.

The code will work until December 30th.

Atlus has said it works for retail or downloaded copies and it will also work for for the Fire Emblem 3ds bundle if your 3ds is linked to your club Nintendo account.

Actually, it makes more sense if you think about it.

You have to get the code off the CN by September 30th. It will disappear off the site after that date.

The code will work until December 30th.
Ah, I see now. That makes sense.

Well i already have FE which i have not registered yet and i have SMTIV on pre-order.  The only real problem is that i have nothing to spend the $30 on. 

But I hope Nintendo keeps having deals like this. 

I'm really thinking about grabbing this deal. $30 is INSANE for this promotion.

@Layd - eShop credit will stay forever in whatever account you put it in (Wii U/3DS) so you don't have to use it immediately.

They just say to register and fill surveys out by August 31, which makes me believe that it's retroactive.
They also made a point to mention people who bought the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, so it's most likely retroactive.

Getting SMTIV at launch, already pre-ordered. Now I have to get FE (or at least the code) by 8/31..which is plenty of time. I know this is shady but if I just went to a GameStop and opened the case, do you guys think the code would still work? My 3DS backlog is huge so.. I'll get FE later.

It definitely is retroactive.

So if you already bought FE (especially during the sale a while back) - buying SMT is a STEAL.

@Twitter - ...Shady but it might work ha ha. Just buy the damn game.

It definitely is retroactive.

So if you already bought FE (especially during the sale a while back) - buying SMT is a STEAL.

@Twitter - ...Shady but it might work ha ha. Just buy the damn game.
I want it but I want to play the first GBA game first. I heard Awakening is such an improvement that you can never go back to the older ones. And yes I still play my GBA lol

Love Nintendo for this. I'm not sure I'll keep the $30 code since it'll be most likely used for stuff I'm not gonna play.

Sell the code to reduce the price of SMTIV, fuck yes!

This is pretty crazy. Just got $75 worth of eShop Credit for free from Best Buy last month now I'll be getting $30 more? Great! That's in addition to the $220 PSN credit I got for free from the Vita Referral program. All of this credit and nothing to spend it on :p

Ughh wish I had preordered when the newegg deal for SMTIV was up, are there any other cheap preorder deals anyone is aware of?

Wooh! Hope this is retroactive. If it is, I'm getting paid $30 to buy 2 games I was going to buy anyway! (Already bought and registered FE)

Ughh wish I had preordered when the newegg deal for SMTIV was up, are there any other cheap preorder deals anyone is aware of?
This. I'd be all over this deal if I could get SMT cheaper, $50 is a bit steep. Otherwise great deal either way considering they are paying you $30 to spend $50 on a game. I already own Fire Emblem so the deal is there for me.

This. I'd be all over this deal if I could get SMT cheaper, $50 is a bit steep. Otherwise great deal either way considering they are paying you $30 to spend $50 on a game. I already own Fire Emblem so the deal is there for me.
Preorder at amazon or gamestop, then sell the DLC code. Or sell the extra like artbook and soundtrack.

Do you guys think it'd be worth buying SMTIV for the code, then selling the game immediately (recouping, what, 40-45$ give or take)? I have FE but have zero plans to pick up SMTIV, but that $30 is tempting. Someone sell me a code, gosh dern it! :O

Do you guys think it'd be worth buying SMTIV for the code, then selling the game immediately (recouping, what, 40-45$ give or take)? I have FE but have zero plans to pick up SMTIV, but that $30 is tempting. Someone sell me a code, gosh dern it! :O
I'll sell it to you for $29.99

I'm going to see what it's going for myself. The game's going to be good I'm sure but beyond the name I've had a hard time finding much interest in it.

For those who preordered on Amazon with FSSS, what's your delivery estimate?
The 16th with Prime and two-day shipping.

For those curious about FE:A being retroactive, yes it is. In the middle of the page from the weblink (http://club2.nintendo.com/30/) posted in the OP, it says:

Already registered Fire Emblem Awakening? Simply register Shin Megami Tensei IV by August 31 to qualify for this offer.

The preoder bonuses are pretty good though.
The book and junk? That stuff will be available if you pick it up in the first week though since it's supposed to be with all the first run copies. Certainly hope they limit it to that, unlike some of the recent games with bonuses, so it retains some value to justify only having a $50 edition.

If you're talking about the outfits the Gamestop one isn't nearly as bad but a trench coat made out of discarded Amazon boxes doesn't interest me.

Ok so I bought FE on the eshop on my 3DS XL...I'm a club Nintendo member and have my 3ds registered on the website but I didn't realize you had to link it on your system. Am I screwed out of this?

Ok so I bought FE on the eshop on my 3DS XL...I'm a club Nintendo member and have my 3ds registered on the website but I didn't realize you had to link it on your system. Am I screwed out of this?
Contact customer service for Club Nintendo, I've heard they're usually really good about adding your prior eshop purchases to your account.

The book and junk? That stuff will be available if you pick it up in the first week though since it's supposed to be with all the first run copies. Certainly hope they limit it to that, unlike some of the recent games with bonuses, so it retains some value to justify only having a $50 edition.

If you're talking about the outfits the Gamestop one isn't nearly as bad but a trench coat made out of discarded Amazon boxes doesn't interest me.
Same. I hope it stays with the first prints for sure.

If you haven't linked it to the system yet, you are fine. Once you login to club nintendo on the Eshop, every game you've purchased will create a new survey on Club Nintendo. (a registration one that has to be done within 7 days, and then a post play survey that is good for a couple months)

This is awesome thank you OP!!! Already got fire emblem when it released and I have my newegg pre-order for SMT IV so I'm ready for this promo. So glad it includes physical copies.

bread's done
Back