Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
also i have no clue why people think this will be digital only. it will work with either type of copy. why else would atlus HIGHLY recommend registering it and going out of their way to point it out in the unboxing?

Ive yet to see a eShop game be cheaper than retail... retail often has $10 or even $20 off on 3DS games (B1G1 50% off for example)... eShop never has anything as enticing... Retail standard is $40, if eShop standard was $30, i would never buy a physical copy.
Tetris Axis is $10 on EShop & Project X Zone is $34.99, $5 cheaper than retail.

Like many others, I hope FE is retroactive. I've had my physical copy of SMTIV pre-ordered for a looooong time. I'd totally use that 30 bucks to maybe get Donkey Kong.

This is why I'm glad I have friends who don't ever use Club Nintendo codes!

I'll have to buy a copy of Fire Emblem (which I was planning to do anyways, this is only pushing me), but it'll be well worth it, essentially a B1G1.

I dunno what I would use this $30 credit for... Already have most big name titles for the 3DS and prefer physical titles... Maybe I will use it on virtual console stuff.

Cool. I bought Fire Emblem: Awakening awhile back and never opened it.  I missed out on the Gamestop pre order bonus because I forgot about it.

Ace Attorney 5
Yup.

nintendo told me they thought it would be download only when i called...maybe they have no clue

. i cant ever recall of a time they pushed a Cart promo in their e shop (they did not even push the buy a 3ds + xxx game few months back and get XXXX download free in their E SHOP

also many peoples E shops are NOT linked up to their nintendo rewards shop (can you link up two even if you have 2 different emails)
lol

I'd get Luigi's Mansion. $50 would be hefty for an eshop game.

So what you think is that the 30 dollars will come off both titles when bought together?

No, that's not how it works at all
No one knows how it works yet, brainiac

Awesome. Fingers crossed its retroactive for people who already registered FE:A.

I'll probably get a bunch of old Gameboy/NES games for the nostalgia.

I waited to register a bunch of Club Nintendo codes, including Fire Emblem, until after the year change for the Club Nintendo gold/platinum status, so hopefully the promotion extends back to the beginning of July for having registered Fire Emblem.  I remember for the 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion / Pokemon Mystery Dungeon promo there was a note in the fine print saying that the 3DS XL had to have been registered after a certain date, which was before the promo was advertised.

During the unboxing the guy also made a special point to show the CN code that games with the physical release and to say that we should all register on CN. That is highly unusual for two reasons:

1. Previous Atlus games have not come with CN codes

2. It's never been a huge deal about registering on CN unless it was part of a promo.

I really don't care one way or another, but there is enough evidence there for me to say it's definitely possible it will be for physical.
Yeah, and I saw on the Atlus forums, they stressed once again to register your CN code, which would be weird if they were referring to the eShop version since those don't have codes. Plus "Not just for our benefit" could be referring to FE:A as well.

If anything, I see this as a way for FE:A people (especially people who already registered the game) to check out SMT4 and vice versa. & in a way, it could help build hype/fans for the upcoming SMT x FE crossover that was announced for Wii U.

As for the $30, I'll probably save it for Ace Attorney 5 (really wish they'd confirm a price/release date),then maybe some DLC on SMT4 or FE:A and/or a bunch of VC titles.

nintendo told me they thought it would be download only when i called...maybe they have no clue

. i cant ever recall of a time they pushed a Cart promo in their e shop (they did not even push the buy a 3ds + xxx game few months back and get XXXX download free in their E SHOP

also many peoples E shops are NOT linked up to their nintendo rewards shop (can you link up two even if you have 2 different emails)

love how people go O they better include everyone who purchase this game not just now.. why the fuck should they .. you got the game 4 months ago you enjoyed the game for 4 months . That is like going back to a store and going I want my 30 bucks back cause the game you sold me 3 months ago is now on sale..

no wait what im i talking about most people here THINK THEY ARE OWED IT
Dude, what the fuck are you even talking about
:rofl:

Just preordered SMTIV on amazon.

If this works for retail versions I'll have no problem buying it on release since I still have a sealed Fire Emblem to open.

Thanks OP for the heads up. 

Well I pre-ordered SMT4 just now so hopefully they'll clarify the promo before it ships, otherwise I'll hold onto it until someone that actually wants the game tries it.  If nothing else I'll keep it sealed and hope it goes up in price after a couple months.

Paying $40 or $50 on a portable download, or $30 on microtransactions? Credit or no thats madness for CAG, best to save it for sales.

I'm not holding my breath.  There is no release date for FE x SMT, no gameplay footage, nothing.  It would be extremely premature to promote it this heavily right now... unless there's some sort of surprise and they use the promotion to announce that it's suddenly releasing at Christmas.  I expect a promo like this to come, perhaps, in July 2014 for its 2014 Christmas release.

That asid, I will have my club Nintnedo codes for both, and haven't registered FE yet (since I was already platinum), so... who knows.

Argh, I was going to cancel my SMT IV preorder and put it towards a new phone, but now...

I don't know what I'm more surprised about, actually: Nintendo giving away $30 in eShop credits, or Nintendo having a promotion for an M-rated game.

Once this goes live, I'll just have to figure out how to set up a Club Nintendo/eshop account and link it to my 3DS.  I didn't do it when I first set it up and bought DLC for Awakening, so hopefully that won't cause issues.

How do you get to this promo? I looked all over eShop last night and couldnt find it anywhere.... also.. why is digital version of SMT4 50$?

How do you get to this promo? I looked all over eShop last night and couldnt find it anywhere.... also.. why is digital version of SMT4 50$?
The promo got taken off the eShop. They probably released it too early. Hopefully, it will be back up soon (probably when SMT4 comes out)

SMT4 is $50 because the game is $50. eShop releases don't get initial discounts.

Deal is up on Club Nintendo's site. Retails do count and it should be retroactive!

YES, RETAIL COUNTS! Cannot wait to get FE:A with SMT4.

Plus it mentions the code you get can be redeemed on the Wii U as well!

It talks about registering for people who bought the FE Bundle, which was gone pretty much after launch. I guess that means it's retroactive.

bread's done
Back