Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't started the game yet but I'd say I'm pretty annoyed that there is anything not included (beyond cosmetic stuff like costumes) with a 3DS game that costs $50.
If you didn't already know, there's DLC-exclusive story content and demons/skills locked behind their pay wall too. With the upcoming stuff, it'll hit about $20 for all the extras.

You'll probably want to just Youtube the story stuff like I'm going to. Can't justify blowing any more cash on it.

I haven't started the game yet but I'd say I'm pretty annoyed that there is anything not included (beyond cosmetic stuff like costumes) with a 3DS game that costs $50.
Yeah, I'm glad they're offering lots of DLC but at $2-3 a piece the descriptions don't make it sound overly worthwhile.

On the subject, having recently finished SMT IV, I can tell you the grinding maps (Exp, Macca, Apps) are well worth it. There is no other way to decently farm that shit in the game.

I wish they had included it in-game as New Game+ exclusive quests or something, though, since this just feels like a cash grab.
It can also easily ruined the game. If you got to level 99 halfway though the game you destroy any challenge.

It can also easily ruined the game. If you got to level 99 halfway though the game you destroy any challenge.
What are you talking about? The game's more about the Skills and Resistances than anything to do with the levels. The DLC won't break the game since many of the game's mechanics related to it are based around the assumption you can grind for these things.

What are you talking about? The game's more about the Skills and Resistances than anything to do with the levels. The DLC won't break the game since many of the game's mechanics related to it are based around the assumption you can grind for these things.
Having full app points, level 99, or unlimited money very early on means that you can ignore most of the mechanics. If you get money DCL there is no point in looking for treasure. If you get experience DLC the battles become mindless slaughter. Thats before factoring the dlc only demons which have useful skills. Which is sad because the game is so carefully designed and balanced yet can be abused by a DLC.

They are fine for end game because there are some expensive stuff to buy.

Picked up Fire Emblem with credit at Gamestop after trading in my 360, and got the $30 code.

Pretty happy to get it for just $15 (what I paid for an SMTIV code) of direct cash out of pocket. :D

I've got an unused Fire Emblem code for sale or trade if anyone is interested.  I leave for vacation on Monday night , so please PM me before then if you're interested.

Ay yi yi, I just bought a Wii U, SMT4, & FE:A. I put the $30 on the Wii U thinking the Nintendo account would be shared among devices when I got a 3DS XL the next week. What a bonehead I was thinking Nintendo would be doing this...

yeah, that's one of the most common issue people have with how Nintendo handles account management... but hey, I am sure you will find something to spend that money on wii u.  some VC games like earthbound or perhaps Luigi U etc.

Wait, I think I'm lost. I guess I have to spend all of my points on my DSXL, then do a transfer from the DSXL to the 3DSXL because I can't spend the regular DS points on my 3DS?

How come DSiware titles that show on the DS shop don't show on the 3DS shop? There isn't full compatibility?

Got both games under lightning deals on Amazon with 5% off each one($4.56 total) not a bad deal since I doubt there will be a price drop before the end of the month.  

Having full app points, level 99, or unlimited money very early on means that you can ignore most of the mechanics. If you get money DCL there is no point in looking for treasure. If you get experience DLC the battles become mindless slaughter. Thats before factoring the dlc only demons which have useful skills. Which is sad because the game is so carefully designed and balanced yet can be abused by a DLC.

They are fine for end game because there are some expensive stuff to buy.
at 20 hours i find the game broken once you get regain MP for the entire party when you walk... hook the monsters up with 6 slots so they can have almost every magic spell and you can almost kill anything very easy (besides bosses)

I just want everything to be tied to an account so I don't have to constantly stress over my system getting stolen or something.
Well, sure, we all want that. But at least being able to share money between the 3DS and Wii U is a step in the right direction.

For those worrying about getting banned

I have claimed the $30 codes on my 3DS.

Note: I do not have my Club Nintendo account linked on my 3DS

Bump to remind any procrastinators that this promotion expires on 8/31.  I bought both games weeks ago and almost forgot -- only registered them just now.  Hope this helps somebody!

Bump to remind any procrastinators that this promotion expires on 8/31. I bought both games weeks ago and almost forgot -- only registered them just now. Hope this helps somebody!
on top of that, you only have until Sept 30 to claim your credit once you register both games.

Just a reminder that today is the last day for this.

Please check the club nintendo trade thread for offers for those who need a code.
Thanks so much for this. I was procrastinating with this for too long. If you didn't post a reminder I would've been calling myself an idiot on Sunday.

I've got lots of Nintendo games, but, believe it or not, I've never used any of the codes. I already have Shin Megami IV and I'm on the fence about Fire Emblem. Can these codes be entered via Nintendo's website on a PC or do they have to be entered on the 3DS itself?

The club nintendo codes are done online. The $30 redemption code is done via nintendo shop on the 3ds.
Thanks. I might buy FE at GameStop if I can find a non-gutted copy because I'll get the Power-Up points. On a related note, I've owned my 3DS since last year. I just noticed that there is a 2 gb Toshiba SD card pre-loaded into the slot. Duh!

The club nintendo codes are done online. The $30 redemption code is done via nintendo shop on the 3ds.
Once you input that code (on the eshop), does it just stay as credit to your account at that point, or when you input it are you supposed to actually be using it (spending it) then?

Waited until the final day, but just claimed my $30.

I never would have picked up a $50 3DS game, this offer made me jump. I'm enjoying SMT--never played the series before. Don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I've made it to Ueno and have a bank full of ugly-ass demons. So far, so good.

Trying to decide on doing a Ducktales + Earthbound combo, or waiting for the big holiday releases. If I could do Ducktlaes/Earthbound on my 3DS, I'd do it in a heartbeat. For some reason I'm not that interested in playing those games on a big screen.

I was planning on buying both games (bought Awakening first day release), but was going to wait to find SMT4 cheaper (35 or so). The $30 was definitely the push I needed (bought it weekend it was released). I really hope they continue with deals like these since obviously it works to push people over the edge. Helps those of us that were planning on buying games. Now I can shop around eshop getting some of the older Zelda titles.

just to clarify, I have received my $30 code by email, but I can't redeem it yet because I havent gotten my 3DS yet. Does the code itself expire today? TIA

edit: read OP lol. code must be redeemed by Dec 31

Anyone know if LTTP is maybe coming out in 3ds eshop (rumors etc). Bought Ages and Seasons. Wouldn't mind playing LTTP on 3ds (bought on Wii but never played it past first dark world). Idk what is, but I prefer top down games on portable, not so much on home consoles.

just to clarify, I have received my $30 code by email, but I can't redeem it yet because I havent gotten my 3DS yet. Does the code itself expire today? TIA

edit: read OP lol. code must be redeemed by Dec 31
That's the thing. I never got an emailed code

OMG I FORGOT TO REGISTER FIRE EMBLEM. Did it and it worked out easily

pretty sad news today. I purchased both games today at gamestop brand new. the Shin Megami Tensei IV had a tiny cut by where the game case was(this is the LE one that came with goodies) but thought nothing of it.  When i tried to add the code for shin megami tensei IV, it said it was already used by someone else. I called nintendo and was told that it was used yesterday. :evil:

...thing is, i work at that exact gamestop where i bought it AND i also worked the day the code was supposedly used. i only worked for 4 hours but i dont want to believe someone may have taken the game out and used the code and returned it. the cut on the side seemed to small for it to be pulled out from without being ripped more. :whistle2:k

now i have to go through this process for verify that i did purchase it and whatnot but damn it i sure am dissapointed :whistle2:(

pretty sad news today. I purchased both games today at gamestop brand new. the Shin Megami Tensei IV had a tiny cut by where the game case was(this is the LE one that came with goodies) but thought nothing of it. When i tried to add the code for shin megami tensei IV, it said it was already used by someone else. I called nintendo and was told that it was used yesterday. :evil:

...thing is, i work at that exact gamestop where i bought it AND i also worked the day the code was supposedly used. i only worked for 4 hours but i dont want to believe someone may have taken the game out and used the code and returned it. the cut on the side seemed to small for it to be pulled out from without being ripped more. :whistle2:k

now i have to go through this process for verify that i did purchase it and whatnot but damn it i sure am dissapointed :whistle2:(
aren't LE types suppose to be in a drawer or behind the counter in the first place? also what if someone copied the pin a while back and just used it a day before the promo ended?

I just opened mine to get the game out and redeem the code. It should be obvious if the 3ds case was removed as the LE is sealed (unless your store opened it but didn't gut for some reason).

also the smt iv case is shrink wrapped sealed; I can image a y-fold seal being carefully opened in order to get the pin (I did this with my copy of Xenoblade last year) but not for a shrink wrap like this.

Trying to decide on doing a Ducktales + Earthbound combo, or waiting for the big holiday releases. If I could do Ducktlaes/Earthbound on my 3DS, I'd do it in a heartbeat. For some reason I'm not that interested in playing those games on a big screen.
was thinking of doing the same thing when I first bought in. But recently grabbed DTales on the ps3 so I'll just hold off on the WiiU version for a while.

So just going with Ebound for now.

bread's done
Back