Nintendo DS Price Drop 8/21: NOW WITH TRU BUNDLES - Cheaper Online!

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
The Nintendo DS will be $129.99 just in time for Nintendogs. I believe the drop occurs 8/21, but it might be sooner. More info soon.

Update - TRU is sending out a flyer for it. It's advertised $129.99, but will be $129.95. The ad is basically for Nintendogs and includes a $10 off $50 NINTENDO purchase coupon(should work on the hardware, so you could get it for $119.95 - last years worked on hardware and I don't think it says excludes hardware). The flyer is only going out to R-zone best guests, though, and should arrive at homes next week. The coupon SKN is 913747.

Update 2 - I figured I might as well post this here, too, since it's more Nintendo news. There are two new items listed in the TRU computer. There is a "GC Ltd Ed PK XD Bundle" listed. The Bundle is priced at $99.99 with no date yet, but at least it looks like Nintendo is going to be trying this Christmas. Also, a GBA SP Sponge Bob system is listed.

Update 3 - The price drop is actually occuring this week. Probably Wednesday or Thursday. It is universal, also. Second, if you do get the $10 off coupon from TRU in the mail it WILL work on the system, so you can get it for $119.95 making it an even better deal. Also, TRU is going to do a special bundle deal for the drop that might make it even better(probably with the Pro Gamers Kit and something else).

Update 4 - Alright this should be the last update for this deal. Here is the bundle TRU is doing for the drop. On Sunday you can get a DS + Spiderman + the Starter Kit (normally $15 and includes headphones, car charger, and screen protector) for only $150 (normally $175). On Tuesday for Nintendogs its the same deal except substitute any Nintendogs game for Spiderman. Hopefully somewhere else has an even better deal, but for now that might be the best. Normally the DS + Nintendogs would cost $160, so you save $10 off the bat plus you get the Starter Kit free basically and if you have the $10 off coupon it would only be $140 making it that much better.

Bundle is only $130 online:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006VHV8C/

And thanks to everyone in this thread. I honestly think CAG did make Nintendo announce it earlier as usually the drops have been announced by Nintendo around a day before. Thanks and I'm sure to have even more news first for you guys.

[quote name='tokerblue']The local Wal-Mart had a ton of Cobalt DS systems with Mario DS. I'll let everyone know what happens when I try and get them to refund the $20 when the price drop happens. I am getting anxious to open it. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to do this. I hope it works.

My advice would be to keep the DS sealed until you can confirm that you can get the refund. I'm not in a hurry to play it, so a few days won't kill me.

Good point tokerblue.

I called my local Walmart and they still have the blue Nintendo DS w/ Mario 64.

So anyone thinking about getting a DS and a blue one should hurry up and get it for now. And like tokerblue said, hang on to it until 8/21 and see if they let you get the price difference. (I'm 90% sure it will work, but we never know about these things)

That way, you get an extra Super Mario 64 DS game you wouldn't have gotten if you just bought a plain DS for $129.99. Then you can do what you want with it, sell it or keep it.

If my Walmart has the DS systems with Mario, I might just buy that instead. I plan on buying a DS this weekend, and I was gonna get Mario DS anyways. So I'd actually be saving 10 bucks by just buying the 150 DS with the free Mario DS, instead of paying 130 for the DS and 30 for Mario.

I recommanded Buy Nintendo Bundle w/ Mario 64 for $130. If you don't like mario 64 you can take the game & Receipt to exchange different game (MSRP $29.99). Also, Mario 64 will drop $20 very soon...... ;)

Update 4 - Alright this should be the last update for this deal. Here is the bundle TRU is doing for the drop. On Sunday you can get a DS + Spiderman + the Starter Kit(normally $15 and includes headphones, car charger, and screen protector) for only $150(normally $175). On Tuesday for Nintendogs its the same deal except substitute any Nintendogs game for Spiderman. Hopefully somewhere else has an even better deal, but for now that might be the best. Normally the DS + Nintendogs would cost $160, so you save $10 off the bat plus you get the Starter Kit free basically and if you have the $10 off coupon it would only be $140 making it that much better.

That's awesome!

I hope someone can post that Rzone $10 coupon for us. And I also hope TRU gets Nintendogs on Tuesday, because I'm scrapping my EB plans and going to TRU.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']The GC bundle is a white GC, one controller, and Pokemon XD[/QUOTE]

White GC...?

Is this bundle a TRU exclusive, or will this be like the Super Smash Brothers bundle?

I'd definately pay 100 for that and sell my old GC, since I was planning on getting Pokemon XD anyways for $50.

A white GC would go nice next to the DC.

I'm not going to post the coupon(copies are not accepted, but most stores will probably let it slide), but the SKN for the coupon is 913747 for those who might want it. It's good for $10 off any $50 NINTENDO purchase.

I thought that tru coupons were not good for hardware? At least when I worked there almost 2 yrs ago.

Also is the spongbob sp painted or does it have stickers? My kids would flip for that sp!

Js1,
Normally TRU does not allow coupons on hardware, but this time it is allowed and even promoted. The coupon will only work on DS hardware though...nothing else(Nintendo is sponsoring the coupon which is why its allowed).

[quote name='tubtub']Js1,
Normally TRU does not allow coupons on hardware, but this time it is allowed and even promoted. The coupon will only work on DS hardware though...nothing else(Nintendo is sponsoring the coupon which is why its allowed).[/QUOTE]

oh, ok cool.

waaa!!! i need to find a scan of this coupon when it comes out, my friends and i are going to get the ds =) mmm itll be fun

I think this is the Starter Kit (made by Intec)

B00069BUXG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If I get that I might trade it in for store credit. I don't really need the car charger or screen protectors.

gah the coupons already sent? why not post a scan? it doesnt invalidate yours or anything. I tried getting on the list before during that tru fiasco with the free games and what not but i guess i never got on it anyways if anybody could scan it i would be very grateful thnx

[quote name='phammerz']gah the coupons already sent? why not post a scan? it doesnt invalidate yours or anything. I tried getting on the list before during that tru fiasco with the free games and what not but i guess i never got on it anyways if anybody could scan it i would be very grateful thnx[/QUOTE]

Last time I got a $10 off 'coupon' from TRU, it was in the form of a card which was scanned through like a credit card. Therefore, it's not likely that a scan is going to be accepted.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why would the Micro, which is the smaller of the two GBA systems, even if it's packing the best screen on a GBA (according to Nintendo), end up priced higher than the SP?

SP has a bigger screen and better battery life (theoretically, since there's less space for a battery), which would make me think it would be a higher priced item, even though it's larger.

$49.99 or $59.99 for the GBA Micro makes sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Marketing, man. Marketing.

Who was the coupon sent out to? As someone else asked earlier - how do I sign up to be a TRU Best Guest or whatever?

I would like the R-zone coupon also...

hmm.. get the walmart DS for $130 w. mario.... than pay another $25 for nintendogs...

not a bad deal...

$155...for 2 games... & DS...

the hype is killing me...

[quote name='Spoon_si']I would like the R-zone coupon also...

hmm.. get the walmart DS for $130 w. mario.... than pay another $25 for nintendogs...

not a bad deal...

$155...for 2 games... & DS...

the hype is killing me...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same position...I have a PSP right now and I'm enjoying it, although my girlfriend wouldn't mind the DS and i'd like to give it a whirl myself as well.

I don't know if they'll sell the DS w/ Mario bundle at $130 anymore.

As far as I know, Nintendo is stopping this. Only few stores will have leftovers, and I don't think their SKU numbers will reflect the $130 price drop.

I bought a DS yesterday. I got the blue one with Mario at Walmart. I didn't wana risk the price not dropping with the free Mario game so I just went ahead and bought the damn thing. It's pretty damn slick too. I bought Kirby Canvas Curse with it as well and it's a pretty neat game.

I'm certain that the SKUs aren't any different.

If they were going to print new boxes for that bundle with a new UPC; why not advertise on the box with actual print and not a sticker?

[quote name='c']Who was the coupon sent out to? As someone else asked earlier - how do I sign up to be a TRU Best Guest or whatever?[/QUOTE]

That's why TRU asks for your phone number. They track your sales and send you coupons according to what you buy. So if you buy a lot of R Zone stuff you're on that list along with the GBO list.

[quote name='Requiem']I think this is the Starter Kit (made by Intec)

B00069BUXG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If I get that I might trade it in for store credit. I don't really need the car charger or screen protectors.[/QUOTE]

I hope you mean at EB, becuase TRU won't take back electronics without a reciept.

DS + Mario is NOT 130 anymore.

Put one in layaway and get the better price.

Or better yet, buy one now then go for a price match.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']DS + Mario is NOT 130 anymore.

Put one in layaway and get the better price.

Or better yet, buy one now then go for a price match.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall it ever being $130.

Anyway, I picked up a bundle tonight at Walmart in hopes of price matching it on Monday, but there's a sticker with a different barcode covering the original. The receipt clearly states Nintendo DS/Mario, as well, so I don't have much hope for getting the difference refunded. Regardless, I think I'll still hang onto it, since I want Mario 64 anyway. I'll just have to wait a little longer to pick up Advance Wars.

[quote name='defiance_17']...there's a sticker with a different barcode covering the original. The receipt clearly states Nintendo DS/Mario, as well...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure before. Thanks for clearing that up.

What are my chances of going to walmart tomorrow morning and scooping a mario/ds bundle up at 130?

Do you guys know if walmart.com prices are the same as BM prices? Should I print out a copy of that page to bring in?

Thanks!

[quote name='tubtub']
Update 4 - Alright this should be the last update for this deal. Here is the bundle TRU is doing for the drop. On Sunday you can get a DS + Spiderman + the Starter Kit(normally $15 and includes headphones, car charger, and screen protector) for only $150(normally $175). On Tuesday for Nintendogs its the same deal except substitute any Nintendogs game for Spiderman. Hopefully somewhere else has an even better deal, but for now that might be the best. Normally the DS + Nintendogs would cost $160, so you save $10 off the bat plus you get the Starter Kit free basically and if you have the $10 off coupon it would only be $140 making it that much better.
[/QUOTE]

I just checked ToysRUs.com (Amazon)
and the bundle is going for 129.95 with Spider-Man. Any idea if the price will stay at 129.95 for the bundle with Nintendogs?

I was at 2 walmarts today. Neither of them had the DS for 130. Still in the computer for 150. I was trying for the Mario package, which they still had in stock.

I just checked ToysRUs.com (Amazon) and the bundle is going for 129.95 with Spider-Man. Any idea if the price will stay at 129.95 for the bundle with Nintendogs?

The in store deal is $150 for both the nintendog and spiderman bundle. Either thats a misprint on the website or Toysrus.com will be selling the Nintendogs bundle for $130, too.

[quote name='nny77713']I was at 2 walmarts today. Neither of them had the DS for 130. Still in the computer for 150. I was trying for the Mario package, which they still had in stock.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, bad news--I take it tha the regular DS without mario was still 150 as well?

Wow the TRU/Amazon bundle for 129.99 mentioned earlier is dang tempting! Amazon lists Spiderman 2 for 29.99, the pro gamers kit for 29.99 - thus effectively dropping the price of the system to around 70$ - In reality I would probably pay 10 for Spiderman and maybe 20 for the case and such - still making the DS about 100 in this bundle - or atleast thats how I will rationalize it if I bite on this deal -

Agreed, i'm very tempted as well!

It's really too bad Spiderman for DS is junk from what i've read/seen.

One thing is for sure, if they keep the 130 price with the nintendogs instead of spidey--i'm in!

Although I really want to find out what's going on with walmart and the mario bundle...that's a deal at 130 if they update it accordingly.

I went to Walmart today to get the Mario bundle, but all the DS's were ringing up $150. They said they would price match to any store, so I walked outside and bought a newspaper and brought in the Meijer ad (Kmart, Best Buy also has it advertised.) They gave it to me for $129 after they checked with their supervisor. They weren't quite sure about giving me the blue one that comes with the free game, but I told them the game came free with it anyway, regardless of price, and they agreed.

Hope this helps someone. It should work at most, if not all Walmarts. Just be persistent. :)

I tired putting the blue DS into my walmart.com cart and got this:

"Nintendo DS - Electric Blue With BONUS Mario 64 DS!
Nintendo DS
(Nintendo DS Dual Screen, Titanium)
Super Mario 64 DS"

Why does it say Electric Blue and then it says Titanium all in one order??

And here is how much shipping and taxes will cost you:

Subtotal: $129.82
Shipping: $7.94
Tax: $10.71

Order Total: $148.47

So maybe I'll have to skip this and try the ToysRUs deal. I don't know if they have the Electric Blue one

Has anyone had any luck picking a bundle up from TRU B&M for $130? I want to go Tuesday and get the DS + Nintendogs + Starter Kit, but I was hoping they'd match their online price.

Wal-Mart confirmation. I bought the DS+Mario on Thursday for $150. I didn't open it and went today to see what they would do. The set still rings up as $150. Wal-Mart didn't drop the DS price in CT. So I simply showed them a Target ad listing the Electric Blue system for $129.99. They said they couldn't match it. I said fine, I'd like to return it. Manager came over and refunded my $20.

Gamble paid off! That being said, the DS+Mario availability seems to be random at Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart in one town had 10 left and the other had none.

bread's done
Back