Nintendo DS Price Drop 8/21: NOW WITH TRU BUNDLES - Cheaper Online!

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
The Nintendo DS will be $129.99 just in time for Nintendogs. I believe the drop occurs 8/21, but it might be sooner. More info soon.

Update - TRU is sending out a flyer for it. It's advertised $129.99, but will be $129.95. The ad is basically for Nintendogs and includes a $10 off $50 NINTENDO purchase coupon(should work on the hardware, so you could get it for $119.95 - last years worked on hardware and I don't think it says excludes hardware). The flyer is only going out to R-zone best guests, though, and should arrive at homes next week. The coupon SKN is 913747.

Update 2 - I figured I might as well post this here, too, since it's more Nintendo news. There are two new items listed in the TRU computer. There is a "GC Ltd Ed PK XD Bundle" listed. The Bundle is priced at $99.99 with no date yet, but at least it looks like Nintendo is going to be trying this Christmas. Also, a GBA SP Sponge Bob system is listed.

Update 3 - The price drop is actually occuring this week. Probably Wednesday or Thursday. It is universal, also. Second, if you do get the $10 off coupon from TRU in the mail it WILL work on the system, so you can get it for $119.95 making it an even better deal. Also, TRU is going to do a special bundle deal for the drop that might make it even better(probably with the Pro Gamers Kit and something else).

Update 4 - Alright this should be the last update for this deal. Here is the bundle TRU is doing for the drop. On Sunday you can get a DS + Spiderman + the Starter Kit (normally $15 and includes headphones, car charger, and screen protector) for only $150 (normally $175). On Tuesday for Nintendogs its the same deal except substitute any Nintendogs game for Spiderman. Hopefully somewhere else has an even better deal, but for now that might be the best. Normally the DS + Nintendogs would cost $160, so you save $10 off the bat plus you get the Starter Kit free basically and if you have the $10 off coupon it would only be $140 making it that much better.

Bundle is only $130 online:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006VHV8C/

And thanks to everyone in this thread. I honestly think CAG did make Nintendo announce it earlier as usually the drops have been announced by Nintendo around a day before. Thanks and I'm sure to have even more news first for you guys.

[quote name='tokerblue']Wal-Mart confirmation. I bought the DS+Mario on Thursday for $150. I didn't open it and went today to see what they would do. The set still rings up as $150. Wal-Mart didn't drop the DS price in CT. So I simply showed them a Target ad listing the Electric Blue system for $129.99. They said they couldn't match it. I said fine, I'd like to return it. Manager came over and refunded my $20.

Gamble paid off! That being said, the DS+Mario availability seems to be random at Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart in one town had 10 left and the other had none.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably have to try the same thing tomorrow. Does anyone know if they'll match the website's price?

The first Wal-Mart I stopped by (Appleton, WI) did not have any of the blue DS / Mario bundles left, but a second one (in Neenah, WI) did. They were marked at $149.99 (as well as the DS-only packages). Both of the salespeople I talked to would not price match their website, even when I showed them a printout from walmart.com that I had brought along. They said something about shipping charges making the price different on the website. Oh well, worth a try.

I then got impatient and just picked up the $129.99 DS at Circuit City with their free Starter Kit. Thanks again, tubtub, for the scoop on the price drop.

I also referred to the website for walmart and they said they couldn't price match. I had them check the regular ds as well and that came up at 150 also. I told them everyone else had it at 130, the associate told me they might price match it by tomorrow, but was very firm with the ds with mario being 150.

I might try again tomorrow.

Bring in the ad from a competitor (Target, etc.). Mario is supposed to be FREE. If they are not willing to drop the price, express how disappointed you are that Wal-Mart doesn't have the guaranteed lowest prices.

First, thanks, Friedle, for answering my question. Second, pardon my ignorance, but I rarely order things online - are there any free shipping coupons or anything for TRU's store at Amazon? If this has already been asked and answered, I'm sorry.

i picked up my DS today after work, paid about $124 after tax and everything. on the way home, picked up Polarium from Fry's for $15. so far, loving my DS. can't wait to try out Nintendogs tomorrow.

[quote name='c']First, thanks, Friedle, for answering my question. Second, pardon my ignorance, but I rarely order things online - are there any free shipping coupons or anything for TRU's store at Amazon? If this has already been asked and answered, I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing.

Nope, they're aren't any shipping codes for TRU. Unless an item has "Free Standard Shipping" you're going to have to pay.

[quote name='paul6']Anyone else hoping the Nintendogs/Intec bundle will show up online today?

If it's priced at $130, I know I'm buying!![/QUOTE]

Yes and I will be too.

I think it's going to be the Spider-man bundle all week online and Nintendogs will be in store only, but I may be wrong. What's interesting is that Nintendo is not sponsoring the Spider-man DS bundle online(makes sense since Spider-man is third party) and TRU takes a $20 loss on it. The Nintendogs bundle is being partly paid for by Nintendo.

[quote name='tubtub']I think it's going to be the Spider-man bundle all week online and Nintendogs will be in store only, but I may be wrong. What's interesting is that Nintendo is not sponsoring the Spider-man DS bundle online(makes sense since Spider-man is third party) and TRU takes a $20 loss on it. The Nintendogs bundle is being partly paid for by Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

That would make me feel so much better for not ordering it online if it was in store only. Is the Nintendogs bundle just a rumor or is it for sure? Basically, when I go to TRU Tuesday, will I be able to pick up a blue DS, Nintendogs, and the starter kit for $150?

The Nintendogs bundle is not a rumor in store. It is definitely happening. Some stores may not switch the signs tomorrow from the Spiderman Bundle to Nintendogs, but if you purchase Nintendogs, a DS, and a starter kit, it will ring up for $150.

Anyone picked up their nintendogs bundle yet? - and for those whose store did not advertise the bundle, did they still know about it when you bought it? - or give you a hard time?

Is EBgames doing anything to compete?

I'm trying to decide whether to walk into an EB and purchase DS, Advance Wars, and Nintendogs, or to do it at TRU. Both walk ins. I don't buy systems online.

What would you guys suggest?

I can't decide.. is there anything morally wrong with using a coupon that they didn't think I should have? *seizure*

[quote name='c']I can't decide.. is there anything morally wrong with using a coupon that they didn't think I should have? *seizure*[/QUOTE]

Funny thing happened when I bought my bundle. The cashier had trouble scanning the coupon (probably because my poor quality print), so she called over the manager. The manager looked at the coupon, flipped it over, and asked "Where'd you get the coupon?" I told him I got it off the internet. He shrugged his shoulder and punched it in the register. :applause:

[quote name='paul6']Huge thanks Drensch for the coupon scan! Confirmed to work at my location.

Total was 139.93+tax for Platinum DS, Nintendogs and Intec Starter Kit.

Pic of receipt[/QUOTE]

The receipt says DS w/ Met Prm

You didn't get metroid Prime for free ontop of that did you?

I drove to two TRUs today and neither one had the bundle with Nintendogs advertised. Lancaster, PA had a bundle for $200+ with Mario and what looks to be the same case you get in the online bundle. They only had Nintendogs Chihuahua in stock, too. I asked if they had any other bundles and they said, "No." I looked in the front for flyers and such and didn't see anything with a Nintendo DS on it.

Same deal in York, PA, except they had no bundles whatsoever.

I'm fairly disappointed, because I was hoping to avoid buying Spider-man DS, which I have no interest in.

Yeah, I was denied today too. I knew the deal technically started today, but they told me that they were instructed to not start selling them until tomorrow, Wednesday. So, that leads me to believe that this deal may pop up online sometime tomorrow as well.

Scored a DS, Nintendogs, and the Starter kit for $139.93 + tax at my local TRU. I asked the guy up front if he would take the coupon and he said sure. He was a pretty cool guy, told me he had a silver one. I couldn't make up my mind which color I wanted, but decided on the silver.

I probably wont open it tonight, I'm going to wait and see if they post it online for $129.99 tomorrow.

Anyways thanks OP for your post and Drensch for posting the coupon.

Oh and I checked to see how much EBGames might give for the starter kit and it wouldn't even scan, so they wouldn't take it.

[quote name='stevecrime'] I asked if they had any other bundles and they said, "No." I looked in the front for flyers and such and didn't see anything with a Nintendo DS on it.[/QUOTE]

The deal isn't advertised anywhere, and half the employees don't even know about it. Just bring up a DS, Nintendogs, and an Intec Starter Kit and let the cashier ring them up. When they press "total" the discount is automatically applied, than give them your coupon.

[quote name='paul6']The deal isn't advertised anywhere, and half the employees don't even know about it. Just bring up a DS, Nintendogs, and an Intec Starter Kit and let the cashier ring them up. When they press "total" the discount is automatically applied, than give them your coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. How long will the bundle deal work? Is it still on today?

[quote name='jk120585']I just checked ToysRUs.com (Amazon)
and the bundle is going for 129.95 with Spider-Man. Any idea if the price will stay at 129.95 for the bundle with Nintendogs?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried getting this deal In-Store? I went to TRU yesterday and they had the Intec/Spiderman bundle for $150 .... they way I figure it if they offer this in store then $130 Bundle + $30 Nintendogs - $10 coupon = 150 ... and you get the spidey starter kit as well .... woulda asked yesterday but just saw this today

I dont recommend people to wait for the online Nintendog bundle, since they dont offer free shipping, the price will probably around $140 anyway. Might as well do it in store.

Looks like the deal is still going. I went to TRU in York, PA today, no signs up or anything, but walked out with the DS/Nintendogs/Intec Starter Kit bundle for $139.93 plus tax. They accepted a printout of the coupon Drensch posted with no hassle at all.

Thanks to paul6 for pointing out that the bundle works without it being advertised in store, to Drensch for posting the coupon, and to tubtub for starting the thread.

Do you guys think it is possible to return the Starter Kit? That would make this deal even sweeter, since the Intec kit is generally considered worthless. Hopefully Tubtub is still here and can tell us.

[quote name='Havoc_12']Has anyone tried getting this deal In-Store? I went to TRU yesterday and they had the Intec/Spiderman bundle for $150 .... they way I figure it if they offer this in store then $130 Bundle + $30 Nintendogs - $10 coupon = 150 ... and you get the spidey starter kit as well .... woulda asked yesterday but just saw this today[/QUOTE]

I purchased the Nintendogs bundle in-store on Tuesday for $149.93. The starter kit included isn't the same one included in the online bundle and isn't as nice either. The TRU I went to had a sign and display up for the Nintendogs bundle. Any DS + any Nintendogs + Starter Kit = $149.93

[quote name='tubtub']The Nintendo DS will be $129.99 just in time for Nintendogs. I believe the drop occurs 8/21, but it might be sooner. More info soon.

Update - TRU is sending out a flyer for it. It's advertised $129.99, but will be $129.95. The ad is basically for Nintendogs and includes a $10 off $50 NINTENDO purchase coupon(should work on the hardware, so you could get it for $119.95 - last years worked on hardware and I don't think it says excludes hardware). The flyer is only going out to R-zone best guests, though, and should arrive at homes next week. The coupon SKN is 913747.

Update 2 - I figured I might as well post this here, too, since it's more Nintendo news. There are two new items listed in the TRU computer. There is a "GC Ltd Ed PK XD Bundle" listed. The Bundle is priced at $99.99 with no date yet, but at least it looks like Nintendo is going to be trying this Christmas. Also, a GBA SP Sponge Bob system is listed.

Update 3 - The price drop is actually occuring this week. Probably Wednesday or Thursday. It is universal, also. Second, if you do get the $10 off coupon from TRU in the mail it WILL work on the system, so you can get it for $119.95 making it an even better deal. Also, TRU is going to do a special bundle deal for the drop that might make it even better(probably with the Pro Gamers Kit and something else).

Update 4 - Alright this should be the last update for this deal. Here is the bundle TRU is doing for the drop. On Sunday you can get a DS + Spiderman + the Starter Kit (normally $15 and includes headphones, car charger, and screen protector) for only $150 (normally $175). On Tuesday for Nintendogs its the same deal except substitute any Nintendogs game for Spiderman. Hopefully somewhere else has an even better deal, but for now that might be the best. Normally the DS + Nintendogs would cost $160, so you save $10 off the bat plus you get the Starter Kit free basically and if you have the $10 off coupon it would only be $140 making it that much better.

Bundle is only $130 online:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006VHV8C/

And thanks to everyone in this thread. I honestly think CAG did make Nintendo announce it earlier as usually the drops have been announced by Nintendo around a day before. Thanks and I'm sure to have even more news first for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Dude you are awesome! I have been wondering how much that Pokemon XD bundle was going to be for so long and I'm quite surprised! That must be the holiday bundle they were reffering to on Gamespot? Any pics of the sponge bob system yet? The SP is square shaped so it would sorta make sense.

Here is my story:

Went to two TRU today and notice each has different sign up. The first one I went has Spiderman bundle only and they dont let me replace the game for nintendogs. But the 2nd TRU I went actually has a sign says Nintendog bundle, which is what everyone here(including me) want. I did make the effort to ask if the game can be replaced by any game on the shelve, but unforutnately not. Still, it's cool.

Thanks again, OP and Drensch's coupon. Now I got my DS + Nintendogs + Starter Kit for $139.93 + tax.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The starter kit that comes with Nintendog bundle IS different from the Spiderman one online. The one that comes with nintendog bundle is a a car adaptor, screen protecter and earphone.

Hope this helps :)

[quote name='maxgle']Here is my story:

Thanks again, OP and Drensch's coupon. Now I got my DS + Nintendogs + Starter Kit for $139.93 + tax.

Hope this helps :)[/QUOTE]

What's coupon? I am interested in getting the same deal.

Just another little update...the Bundle deal for Nintendogs has been extended until 8/30. It should be displayed in store until next Tuesday, but will ring until 8/30.

[quote name='tubtub']Just another little update...the Bundle deal for Nintendogs has been extended until 8/30. It should be displayed in store until next Tuesday, but will ring until 8/30.[/QUOTE]

that is correct :), I also work Rzone and got news of this today

Picked one up. Thank you very, very much, tubtub. This deal put me over the edge on the decision to buy a DS. I am very happy with my purchase. Frederick McMicheals III and I will have an excellent life together. :D

[quote name='tubtub']Just another little update...the Bundle deal for Nintendogs has been extended until 8/30. It should be displayed in store until next Tuesday, but will ring until 8/30.[/QUOTE]

Um...isn't next Tuesday 8/30?

Have you guys been using the coupon while buying the bundle?

I'm trying to print it, but it's the size of an entire page, which doesn't seem right to me for a coupon. What DPI/resolution/size/etc. did you guys print the coupon at? Or can I just find a real one.

[quote name='Finalheaven']Have you guys been using the coupon while buying the bundle?

I'm trying to print it, but it's the size of an entire page, which doesn't seem right to me for a coupon. What DPI/resolution/size/etc. did you guys print the coupon at? Or can I just find a real one.[/QUOTE]

Just put the coupon into Word or Powerpoint, then click on the corner and drag it to make it smaller.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Just put the coupon into Word or Powerpoint, then click on the corner and drag it to make it smaller.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, nicely done. Thanks. I inserted into a Word document and now it looks like a regular coupon. Much appreciated. Time to try this out after work.

[quote name='paul6']Do you guys think it is possible to return the Starter Kit? That would make this deal even sweeter, since the Intec kit is generally considered worthless. Hopefully Tubtub is still here and can tell us.[/QUOTE]

i bought the nintendogs intec ds bundle the other day. thanks op and drensch. anyway,i believe after talking to an employee you could return the intec and/or the nintendog game for cash(unopened of course) for the lowered price of 12.85 and 23.84 respectfully or you could try another route and tell them you don't have your receipt and they should give you a full refund in the form of store credit,providing you give them your drivers license info. i am not sure though since i haven't tried it. maybe someone else knows for sure?

I know this isn't related to the actual price drop, but it's concerning getting a good deal on a DS. My friend is offering to sell me his DS and his Metroid Prime Hunters demo for just $65. It doesn't come with the box, but other than that he has everything else. He also said I could pay him in EB Games Store credit (which I got by trading in my N64 and PSX with games for $50 deal). You think I should bite? I'm thinking yes, and I could use whatever I have leftover to get a game.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I know this isn't related to the actual price drop, but it's concerning getting a good deal on a DS. My friend is offering to sell me his DS and his Metroid Prime Hunters demo for just $65. It doesn't come with the box, but other than that he has everything else. He also said I could pay him in EB Games Store credit (which I got by trading in my N64 and PSX with games for $50 deal). You think I should bite? I'm thinking yes, and I could use whatever I have leftover to get a game.[/QUOTE]
Yea, sounds like a good deal to me. Even if you decide you dont want it, you could resell it for more than $65.

I was at TRU today, looked at the DS bundle for 10 minutes, and walked away. $140+tax just isn't cheap enough yet for me to pull the trigger. I'll just wait another year for it to drop below $100. I didn't want the Nintendogs anyway.

bought the nintendogs intec ds bundle the other day. thanks op and drensch. anyway,i believe after talking to an employee you could return the intec and/or the nintendog game for cash(unopened of course) for the lowered price of 12.85 and 23.84 respectfully or you could try another route and tell them you don't have your receipt and they should give you a full refund in the form of store credit,providing you give them your drivers license info. i am not sure though since i haven't tried it. maybe someone else knows for sure?

Bundle deals are supposed to only be returnable if everything in the bundle is returned. Of course, most stores will give you back the sale price if you return only 1 of the items($12.85 in this case). If you do not have your receipt then TRU policy is to not allow a return on any electronic items, so YMMV on getting them to take it back without a receipt, but even if you do get them to do it will refund it at the lowest price it was sold at in the last 30 days($12.85 in this case) making it the same deal. And they are testing a new policy of not accepting any returns without a receipt for the whole store starting in a couple months(sooner at some test stores).

Well looks like it's time to part with Timesplitters: Future Perfect. My friend has it anyway and I can get $15 cash from FYE. Yay! Plus I won't have an Xbox anymore, pretty soon.

bread's done
Back