Nintendo E3 2009 - Mario times 2! NSMB2, SMG2, Metroid OM, Golden Sun DS, and more!

[quote name='crunchewy']Color me stupid -
what I see are two pictures of curtains
. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

A monitor with the proper amount of contrast and brightness? You can see silhouettes of Mario iconography behind the curtains.

The text is somewhat difficult to make out, but you can clearly see that there are flower blocks behind one of the curtains. We'll find out soon enough.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ooooooh. A 2D Mario on the Wii would rock. I presume this will be 2D. Let's hope so.[/QUOTE]

that would be cool but imho nintendo just doesn't do it for me anymore, but at least this years press conference can't be as bad as last years.

Here is what I want:
New Zelda/Mario Wii
VC for the DSi
VC for the DSi where I can transfer my Wii purchases over
Zedla Wind Waker Wii-make
Super Smash Bros DS (or DSi)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']

Chances are I will leave pissed at Nintendo tomorrow, thank god my parents are at work because I will be cursing like crazy, lol :lol:. Although I still love them.[/QUOTE]

I hope you would still love your parents, not their fault Nintendo fucks up. :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']Super Princess Peach 2, please[/QUOTE]

Do you really want to stretch out a Mario-like Worlds 1 through 3 difficulty over 8 worlds again?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Does Kid Icarus really have that big of a fanbase? I remember both of those games being terrible.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember the fanbase being pretty vocal when Pit was announced for SSBB.

And the first Kid Icarus, while it didn't age well, was great for its time. I only have fond memories of it back then.

Nintendos' Media Briefing is always the most booring. Think about what wa sE3 2008's high light for them, Wii Music and Animal Crossing.

Nintendo's can be summed up this way.

#1. Mostly talk and sales charts broken down by Demographics of how more girls and women between the ages on 12 to 30 are buying 80% more Nintendo products

#2. More sales data of how for every PS3 sold Nintendo sells 5 Wii's and 50 DS Lites, and 20 games.

#3. Half of the time they will spend talking about the DS and DSi

#4. Wasted time on new Wii Fit games and Wii Fit 2

#5. They end the conference with highlighting the Wii games coming but only show 20 seconds of test footage.

[quote name='Josef']I seem to remember the fanbase being pretty vocal when Pit was announced for SSBB.

And the first Kid Icarus, while it didn't age well, was great for its time. I only have fond memories of it back then.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Here's the thing, though... I'm curious as to whether Kid Icarus really does have that large of a fanbase (because, really, Nintendo's target audience really didn't know about KI until the SB announcement), or if the anticipation is because we all assumed that they brought him back for SB so he *surely* must be getting a new game. I guess it seemed like some sort of implied announcement. I mean, why else resurrect a long dormant franchise character?

My guess is, though, that if he hadn't popped up in SB, we wouldn't be hearing word one about people wanting a new Kid Icarus. Once a franchise has been dormant for that long, it might as well be dead in the eyes of many.

After looking up what Halosoft... Microsoft did for the Halobox 360 I don't know if Nintendo can screw up that badly...

"Looks up E3 2008"

Nevermind...

Watching the feed on IGN. Did anyone hear the announcement to turn off ringers and bluetooth so it wouldn't interfere with the demos?

Nice start to the thread Cao Cao. Good to have those links ready in case one of the streams chokes up.

Here we go.....

[quote name='Strell']MOrnin' nerds.[/QUOTE]

Yo. I'm going very late to work to see this and (maybe) Sony's.

Cammy sucks.

They were 3-4 minutes late... shame on them... luckily Sony is up next and they will be 4-5 hours late. :lol:

I already hate this woman, she is boring, and Nintendo... you aren't Apple...

Mario in Time!!! i want Mario 4D!

Something new for Mario, it's hard to do! So instead we made Mario Bros. Wii! We just copy a game from 25 years ago! So new!

Littlebigplanet: NSMB edition!

Edit: Mr. Twist needs to leave. He's a twice banned 360 fanboy, so I'm not sure why the mods let that slip through.

Damn you Nintendo. Your presentation makes me believe me family will love me, and pretty women will swoon for my gaming skills since EVERYONE plays now. When does this utopia happen? When damn you!?!

bread's done
Back