Nintendo E3 2009 - Mario times 2! NSMB2, SMG2, Metroid OM, Golden Sun DS, and more!

I never was a big fan of New Super Mario Bros., but I must admit, at least they're starting off the conference right by getting into a new game announcement asap.

This Mario game looks horrible. You have three seconds to finish after someone else? What happens if the other players are really far back? No one can go on their own, Luigi didn't go in the pipe, but he was forced to in the video.

Obviously, they said NSB could be played single player... but does that REALLY mean single, or do we have to deal with stupid AI partners?

[quote name='bigdaddy']This Mario game looks horrible. You have three seconds to finish after someone else? What happens if the other players are really far back? No one can go on their own, Luigi didn't go in the pipe, but he was forced to in the video.[/QUOTE]

You're never going to be that far behind - if you end up off screen you're going to get warped ahead. That's standard for this type of game. See Kirby co-op.

Wow this has so far become rather predictable. It seems like Nintendo is suffering from sequelitis as well.
How long is this press conference anyways?

"You can play the main mode in single player or in co-op. You can switch at any time. There's a propeller suit that allows Mario to fly upward when you shake the Wiimote. It looks like jammies with a propeller on top."

Jammies.

yep.

You have three seconds to get to the flag to get bonus points, not to finish.

new mario game can be single player or co-op

I agree with someone else here, why do the New Super Mario Bros. have to be based on Mario 1? Why can't they be based on Mario 3?

lol, anyone else think this little 'Wii motion plus' video just looks weak after the Natal presentation .. Im not saying I even like Natal, but it was pretty groundbreaking .. this just looks .. not as compelling.

[quote name='Strell']You already play Brain Age with your backside, Beef. I know how you do.[/QUOTE]
And yet, it isn't smarter at all. I should complain.

NSMB Wii looks like a blasty-blast with 4 people, though.

[quote name='Tubaker']lol, anyone else think this little 'Wii motion plus' video just looks weak after the Natal presentation[/QUOTE]

No.

Figures that my alarm wouldn't go off and I'd wake up 19 minutes late. I'll check out the NSMB Wii footage later. Now, onto WSR

Skydiving and Basketball?

[quote name='Tubaker']lol, anyone else think this little 'Wii motion plus' video just looks weak after the Natal presentation .. Im not saying I even like Natal, but it was pretty groundbreaking .. this just looks .. not as compelling.[/QUOTE]

I'm really glad that Microsoft doesn't have a history of promising way more then they can deliver. Uh....

So between the Wii Fit Plus and the WiiMotion Plus... all I'm seeing is stuff they should've originally had available and forgot to add, or added it later in order to get the game out initially. Nothing really innovative yet, and nothing like Natal yet. Shooting a basketball as if you're actually holding one > doing the same while holding a remote in your hand.

[quote name='Strell']Oh snap. I see no one caught that little jab.[/QUOTE]

"On video you can do almost anything"

Or something like that.

[quote name='Strell']Oh for fu....

MAKE PILOTWINGS ALREADY

:([/QUOTE]

Oh god damn you are right. They just fucking kicked us in the nuts there with that skydiving demo.

[quote name='Strell']Oh for fu....

MAKE PILOTWINGS ALREADY

:([/QUOTE]

Nods

It would be called Wii Sports: Pilotwings

bread's done
Back