Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Am I the only one who has purchased a bunch of the 20 cent games on sale from qubic games even though no time to play the games I have? I'm a sick sick puppy.
Nah I'm more of the buy bundles on PC and play like 10% of the games and when I do play them they may suck (that deckbuilder currently on Humble Bundle is full of stinkers IMHO).

Am I the only one who has purchased a bunch of the 20 cent games on sale from qubic games even though no time to play the games I have? I'm a sick sick puppy.
I bought 30+ of them. Can't go wrong at 20 cents even if you never get around to them or they end up free with one of their holiday schemes. My Switch digital library is pretty wack as it is with more than 90% of them coming from when devs could game the charts by putting stuff on sale for under a buck. 😄

Oof, Endless Ocean Luminous isn't reviewing well. Nintendo Life gave it a 5/10 and IGN a 4/10. Seems like a lot of my fears have been confirmed: the story mode is bare bones, the multiplayer adds very little to the experience, and while it starts fun with its relaxing exploration/cataloging, that wears thin once you realize there's nothing else to do. So, I won't be getting it at launch and will instead wait for a deep discount. Maybe, I'll grab a copy of Blue World on Wii, since that sounds like what I hoped Luminous would be.

Oof, Endless Ocean Luminous isn't reviewing well. Nintendo Life gave it a 5/10 and IGN a 4/10. Seems like a lot of my fears have been confirmed: the story mode is bare bones, the multiplayer adds very little to the experience, and while it starts fun with its relaxing exploration/cataloging, that wears thin once you realize there's nothing else to do. So, I won't be getting it at launch and will instead wait for a deep discount. Maybe, I'll grab a copy of Blue World on Wii, since that sounds like what I hoped Luminous would be.
Ouch, if Nintendo Life gave it a 5/10 then it not good. I mean they gave Everybody 1-2 Switch a 6/10 and that was a turd.

Dang! :cry:
It has always been a walking (swimming) simulator. They still say it runs well and looks nice, so those reviews are being pretty harsh calling it lifeless and boring. I would expect a 4 for something that crashes and has technical issues, but they just seemed to not enjoy it at all! Endless Ocean fans will still find things to love about it.

With over 500 fish the collect-a-thon aspect is there, even if they took out just about everything else. But it will probably be $30 in a few months, just like WarioWare.

Last edited:
I have a hard time seeing them announce anything before the holidays since they probably want to give the switch one more holiday season unencumbered. So I'm guessing a January announcement with release in the spring 2025

It's seemed likely for a while now that it will follow the same pattern as the Switch itself - announcement in October followed by a release in March. If it's backwards compatible (and if it's not, it's DOA anyway) then that drives Christmas software sales and deep discounts will make hardware sales still have some appeal.

It's seemed likely for a while now that it will follow the same pattern as the Switch itself - announcement in October followed by a release in March. If it's backwards compatible (and if it's not, it's DOA anyway) then that drives Christmas software sales and deep discounts will make hardware sales still have some appeal.
Yeah my only hesitation with October is that when they announced the Switch, the Wii U was such a failure that there wasn't much in the way of sales being negatively impacted for that holiday season.

Seems already encumbered to me now with the announcement of the announcement.
Yeah potentially, but doing this in May and being a pretty soft announcement I'm sure a lot of potential buyers would forget about it by November if they saw it all. But I'm not really sure who the target buyer of a switch in 2024 is really.

Me. I want one, but the price still hasn’t gone down to my buy price. Considering the extra expense of having to buy a new controller once drift settles in, since that seems to be an inevitability even with their “fixed” joycon design, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable about wanting some halfway decent sales on the thing.

Me. I want one, but the price still hasn’t gone down to my buy price. Considering the extra expense of having to buy a new controller once drift settles in, since that seems to be an inevitability even with their “fixed” joycon design, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable about wanting some halfway decent sales on the thing.
Extra expense of joy cons? You just sent them to Nintendo and they repair them for free.
I’ve had to send them a couple of times. It’s not a big deal.

Extra expense of joy cons? You just sent them to Nintendo and they repair them for free.
I’ve had to send them a couple of times. It’s not a big deal.

That service will not be indefinitely available, and I don’t think the non-monetary expense, as expressed in the time I wouldn’t have access to the controller at all, is actually equivalent to free. I would want to have access to something more dependable, which means investing in an alternate controller.

Doesn’t really matter, though, as the main point is just that the Switch has not reached my buy price, regardless of the calculations that have gone into determining what that price is.

Given the rumor mill about the Switch 2 having newer/better joycons and not supporting the old ones being attached to the unit, I'd hold off on buying extra joycons for now anyway.
This is exactly my thinking. They were able to be cute last holiday and sucker some people by playing dumb but not this year.
I imagine this holiday will have fire sales in order to make a last push to beat that PS2 record and clear out old stock.
Either way, if the Switch successor isn't being shown at the June presentation, no way it launches this year.

I rarely play handheld these days, so the OG joycons not attaching to the new system (if that turns out to be true) is perfectly fine by me as long as they atleast still work with the new system when docked (or tabletop). But this does give me some desire to pick up another pro controller if we get a sale this holiday season on them. Even though the new system (if rumors hold) will have extra buttons... thus making the Switch Pro slightly less desirable on the new system. Still, I'd like to have a backup controller anyway since I have a pretty good collection of switch games.

Doesn't really matter to me when it releases, because I've sworn off buying consoles anywhere near launch. My first and last time was the 3DS; that was a particularly unusual case but the general lesson was learned.

Doesn't really matter to me when it releases, because I've sworn off buying consoles anywhere near launch. My first and last time was the 3DS; that was a particularly unusual case but the general lesson was learned.
Yeah, potential hardware defects aside, I doubt the Nintendo of today would go for a price cut, nevermind compensate with a bunch of free games.

You can buy hall effect sticks and replace them yourself it's not that hard to do.

I’ve had a Switch since right after launch when the second shipment hit stores. I bought a second set of joycon sand my pro controller within the first month. I still have yet to experience drift In a joycon. it’s funny the things people use to talk themselves out of something they’d otherwise love. Also the drift issue is mainly about too much pressure on the sticks which causes the metal backing to deform. I rarely take my system anywhere and controllers all have their space. So little chance of travel damaging the sticks and I generally treat my tech well.

I’ve had a Switch since right after launch when the second shipment hit stores. I bought a second set of joycon sand my pro controller within the first month. I still have yet to experience drift In a joycon. it’s funny the things people use to talk themselves out of something they’d otherwise love. Also the drift issue is mainly about too much pressure on the sticks which causes the metal backing to deform. I rarely take my system anywhere and controllers all have their space. So little chance of travel damaging the sticks and I generally treat my tech well.
Same, I've had zero drift issues on any of my controllers across Nintendo, Playstation and Xbox.

Congrats that it's never personally happened to you but that's irrelevant. And honestly it sounds like you are trying to either ignore or downplay the fact that Nintendo put out a shitty defective controller and never fixed the issue. Not that they are alone in that issue as Sony has it too. It's pathetic that these companies have brands that are of lower quality than generics now and charge 3x the price or more.

Anywho the hori joycons are cheap options that work better for anyone interested in buying a different one. Some of them are 10$ or less at target on occasion. But those only work while connected directly to the switch.

Congrats that it's never personally happened to you but that's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant, it's just the feedback you never hear because people generally only talk about when they have an issue happen. Anyone who wants to measure the impact of an issue would want both sides of the data. The failures, but also the success. LIke for me, if we want to talk failure after failure... DS lite hinges come to mind. I think nearly every one of those I bought for my family ended up with a crack at minimum. Not to discount anyone who didn't have an issue but that's the main issue I've had as a gamer. My dad probably would tell you about the Atari 2600 sticks. Some of my old Dreamcast owning friends that went the Xbox route after the death of Sega as a console maker would tell you about the Red Ring of Death for the original Xbox 360 as every single one of them ended up with that and several had it happen to the replacement systems as well.

My other post wasn't a personal attack towards anyone or to take away from anyone who has encountered drift... just to add some feedback that isn't so dire about the issue. This isn't RROD levels of issue or DS lite hinges... but it is a problem, though it's one that you can mostly avoid by updating the controllers firmware and being very aware of what the sticks are exposed to and how rough you are with them. When I was ready to start taking my switch to work or other places, first purcase was a hardcase to minimize the chance the sticks take any impacts. YMMV.

My only controller that drifted is a PS4 OEM model. Was my favorite color, too.

If I played my Switch more, I might have a problem.

Also, folks should not confuse anecdotes with data.

My only controller that drifted is a PS4 OEM model. Was my favorite color, too.

If I played my Switch more, I might have a problem.

Also, folks should not confuse anecdotes with data.

Since all we have in this thread are anecdotes, let’s look at some data. From a highly imperfect survey, certainly—we can probably expect a higher response rate from affected individuals than unaffected ones, and the survey creator notes some further problems with the survey, himself—, but with 6000+ responders, it does give us a little data to work with.

Let’s be generous and assume the survey returned triple the rate of faulty joycons that we would see across all joycons. That would leave us with a fail rate of a little over 12%. That’s still over one in ten, which is a rate I wouldn’t personally feel comfortable with, and would want some sort of back up around just in case. And since that survey is apparently five years old, that’s the rate of failure within three years or less. Has joycon fail rate improved since then? Perhaps. Am I, personally, comfortable with perhaps? No.

As I’ve said already, the joycons were just one factor in my decision to wait for a better price than we’ve seen on the Switch. I decided to give an example that has clear monetary value, rather than one that is harder to assign specific monetary value to.

Yeah, I was never interested in speedrunning (even in racing games, I don't focus on getting the best possible time so much as just winning). I enjoy taking my time exploring and doing whatever I want in games. That's also one of the things I don't enjoy about the life sim portion of Persona games; I don't feel free to spend my time how I want because I'm worrying about whether I'm really being efficient enough with time management.

bread's done
Back