Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Any recommendations among the cheaper visual novels? I have Our World is Ended and Forest Guardian (didn't realize the latter was a censored eroge; if I did I probably would have gotten it on PC); I just bought Youkai Poetry and I'll probably get World End Syndrome while it's on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aokana is highly, highly recommended by me. Of course it's missing adult content, but there is a lot of story, and I don't think those scenes are necessary. Highly recommended for $15. If Steins;Gate Elite goes on sale (not now), I recommend that highly too. The others very recommended (though I haven't fully beaten) are Clannad and Clannad: Side Stories, both not on sale. Another one which had an excellent story, if maybe a bit too many loose ends, is Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition (not on sale). This one reminded me a lot of Ever 17 and was engaging and had great characters. Also Danganronpa Decadence (all 3 games plus an extra gacha board game thing) in physical form is a lot of value. The 3 games are worth getting. Lastly for one more on sale there is a great pack of the Ace Attorney Trilogy and the Great Ace Attorney 2 for their best price.

I've named a good amount of the more famous and good Switch visual novels. Some like Steins;Gate 0 (haven't played) and the Grisaia trilogy (I feel the adult 18+ experience adds to the game, and can't imagine an all ages version), may be worth picking up when they're on sale too. Also forgot Little Busters! Converted Edition, which has the very good Little Busters in it (not on sale). Quite a good game, but wasn't as amazed as some. Still haven't finished every route yet, but I've played about 30 hours. Hopefully this helps others and many of these are on PSN as well. For sale items Aokana is the must buy and the Ace Attorney games (haven't played them all) are high recommendations.

Also Steam has quite a few great VNs on sale as well as JAST USA/Mangagamer (NSFW storefronts). I've played just about all of them from NekoNyan soft, Sekai Project, JAST USA, and some others. If you have a question just ask.

Any recommendations among the cheaper visual novels? I have Our World is Ended and Forest Guardian (didn't realize the latter was a censored eroge; if I did I probably would have gotten it on PC); I just bought Youkai Poetry and I'll probably get World End Syndrome while it's on sale.
I haven’t gotten around to taking it out of my backlog yet, but from everything I’ve heard, SeaBed is excellent, if somewhat melancholy.

Not full visual novel, but I can't recommend Phoenix Wright enough, played through the trilogy and although some of the solutions to things are so far out there that you need a guide, I really enjoyed the games on my DS.

Also never played, but Danganronpa and Doki Doki Literature Club are extremely highly rated and have been recommended to me via friends or articles.

Well to be specific, I was wondering if anyone had opinions on:

Lily of the Hollow
Reverse Memories
One-Way Ticket
Christmas Tina
Big Dipper

I've already got many of the more popular titles/series.

You probably need to bite the bullet to try those, and then let us know about them. I actually own Christmas Tina on PC and it looks alright. Think it's a Mangagamer exclusive. Some like One-Way Ticket, and Lily look neat.

Crimson Spires is really good with multiple endings. Lotus Reverie is a visual novel with some rpg elements
I have lotus reverie in my backlog from the previous sale oddly enough. It looks good minus the one character with the gun named columbine because that is not a appropriate joke\reference to make light of.

I don't imagine school shootings are particularly common anywhere else in the world, so it's reasonable for one that takes place in Freedomland to make the news around the world.

In any case, the game does look interesting, so thanks for the recommendation(s).

I don't imagine school shootings are particularly common anywhere else in the world, so it's reasonable for one that takes place in Freedomland to make the news around the world.

In any case, the game does look interesting, so thanks for the recommendation(s).
I’m not arguing that Columbine in particular wasn’t fairly big news, but your post reads a lot like this to me: “Crimes in other countries aren’t interesting enough for those countries to report on, only American crimes are a big enough deal.”

And while certainly America is the world leader when it comes to overall prevalence of school shootings thanks to our large population and commonplace firearms, they aren’t rare across the rest of the world, at least going by the Wikipedia article. There’s been at least one in Estonia itself, with plenty more across Europe.

Which is why I always find it hypocritical when people act like school and large scale shootings don't happen in other countries. Maybe they are less common but they still happen. The other thing being that many times shootings aren't made major news or make it on to news stations outside the city\state just like other crimes.

I miss the Wii news channel since that one had local and global news so far that I could browse random stuff in Ireland.

I’m not arguing that Columbine in particular wasn’t fairly big news, but your post reads a lot like this to me: “Crimes in other countries aren’t interesting enough for those countries to report on, only American crimes are a big enough deal.”
That's not how I meant it at all.

I have lotus reverie in my backlog from the previous sale oddly enough. It looks good minus the one character with the gun named columbine because that is not a appropriate joke\reference to make light of.
The coinicidence of the shooting and the character is just that. I'm not downplaying the shooting but that is quite the reach.

Seems like an obvious connection to me and I have zero clue what game you guys are even talking about.

You'd probably be oblivious to a character named Isis that likes to blow up buildings having any connection to anything in real life.

Knowing zero about the game, but seeing it was named Lotus whatever, I decided to see if maybe the character was named Columbine after the flower and everyone else has stupid plant names or something.

I was right.

Also, it's a visual novel that probably doesn't involve a courtroom, so it's a pass anyway.

Had I known that it was the name of a flower, that may have crossed my mind..
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the steam version of lotus reverie in an Indie Gala bundle during happy hour so it was pretty cheap (first IG bundle I've bought in years). Played it for an hour and the writing is hard to digest and I'm not a fan of the battle system. I don't know what it is about the writing but it just seems so.. off. Maybe I just need to spend more time with it but I have a ton of other high budget VNs I can play so I'll probably just skip it for now. At least you can skip the battles entirely, so that's good.. although if you do that you won't get achievements, but if you're playing it on switch that doesn't matter anyway.

That's how I felt trying to read Raging Loop a few months ago. Maybe I wouldn't have been so hard on the writing if the people recommending it to me hadn't compared it to Higurashi. 

I'm streaming The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe, if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Fun meta game about game narratives and the new stuff touches on reviews and the idea of community feedback in the modern era.

They do rarely go on sale every few years. I got my current pair from a target sale around 2-3 years ago i think.
GameStop had the grey ones on sale last year really cheap so I bought one.
Hahaha I got two left Grey ones during that sale. Realized today you need l + r in chanbara to world dual swords. That’s why I’m looking.

Walmart used to have them on sale at 69.99 all the time.

I highly recommend buying Bugsnax. It's a great game with neat characters, awesome music, and gives you that catching/collecting fix. It also had a free update on the same day it launched for Switch. If you wanna wait for another sale that's cool too.

I highly recommend buying Bugsnax. It's a great game with neat characters, awesome music, and gives you that catching/collecting fix. It also had a free update on the same day it launched for Switch. If you wanna wait for another sale that's cool too.
It's on Game Pass if you happen to have that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3meiMDTo4

Summary

• Ooblets - Creature Collector - Summer
  • Botara: Lost Haven - Hack and Slash Dual-Stick Shooter - Fall
  • ElecHead - Puzzle Platformer - Summer
  • Soundfall - Rhythm-based Dual-Stick Shooter - Out Today
  • Wild Frost - Deck Builder Roguelite - Holiday/Winter
  • TABS (Totally Accurate Battle Simulator) - Summer
  • Gunbrella - 2D shooter/platformer - 2023
  • We Are OFK - Music Narrative Adventure - Summer
  • Silt - Puzzle Adventure - June
  • Mini Motorways - City Builder - Out Today
  • Wayward Strand - Narrative Adventure - July 21
  • Cult of the Lamb - Action Base Builder - 2022
  • Another Crab's Treasure - Underwater Soulslike - 2023
  • OneShot: World Machine Edition - Summer
  • Gibbon: Beyond the Trees - Out Today
  • Idol Manager - August 25
  • Card Shark - Pre-order and Free Demo Out Today
  • Cursed to Golf - Summer
  • A Guidebook of Babel - Fall
  • Opus: Echo of Starsong Full Bloom Edition - Out Today

Well that was a pretty ho-hum Indeworld. I’d say the only games that looked interesting to me personally are Gunbrella and that teeny clip of Opus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think ElecHead looks fantastic and I'm also interested in Gunbrella and Another Crab's Treasure, otherwise pretty mediocre looking.

Mini Motorways is out now for $14.99:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/mini-motorways-switch/

Card Shark has a 15% pre-order discount ($16.99) and the demo is out now:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/card-shark-switch/

Soundfall is out now with a 15% discount ($25.49):

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/soundfall-switch/

Opus: Echo of Starsong Full Bloom Edition is out now for $24.99:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/opus-echo-of-starsong-full-bloom-edition-switch/

Gibbon: Beyond the Trees is 33% off ($10.04):

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/gibbon-beyond-the-trees-switch/

My sister just bought my nephew a Switch on Walmart.com at the $299 price. What’s the best way to get them to price adjust? Or will she have to return it to Walmart and rebuy at the lower price?

Tempted on Oninaki at $20, but with my backlog, it's best to keep waiting ^^;

I grabbed The Hong Kong Massacre at $4. Haven't tried it yet, but seems like a decent Hotline Miami-esque time waster.

My sister just bought my nephew a Switch on Walmart.com at the $299 price. What’s the best way to get them to price adjust? Or will she have to return it to Walmart and rebuy at the lower price?
Looks like the $259 price is dead. In general, it's easier to buy another and return the first than deal with price matching at Walmart.

bread's done
Back