Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Haha, nope.

"This thing costs a fortune and there are NO GOOD GAMES!"

Now THAT is hyperbole. But saying that it's significantly over-priced and that the launch line-up stinks is pretty damn reasonable. Now, if it was $250, came bundled with 1-2 Switch, had more than 32GB of storage, and Mario Odyssey was also in the launch window, well, that would be a different story. A much better story, in fact.

And that would be called unreasonable expectations.

And that would be called unreasonable expectations.
Yeah, but no one actually expects what I posted. Not from Nintendo. I'm just saying that would actually be a good value.

But I will say this: $250 and 1-2 Switch bundled is absolutely not unreasonable. $300 with no pack-in game? THAT is unreasonable.

Yeah, but no one actually expects what I posted. Not from Nintendo. I'm just saying that would actually be a good value.

But I will say this: $250 and 1-2 Switch bundled is absolutely not unreasonable. $300 with no pack-in game? THAT is unreasonable.
The inevitable NS Mario Odyssey Bundle for $299.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly cannot wait. Less than a month to go, first time console pre-order buying. I get to experience it with everyone else, the highs and the lows. Hopefully more highs.

You definitely can say it's reasonable/unreasonable. Doesn't mean you're right.

$300 without a pack in is slightly unreasonable, but so is $250 with one.

$300 with 12Switch would be ideal.

I honestly cannot wait. Less than a month to go, first time console pre-order buying. I get to experience it with everyone else, the highs and the lows. Hopefully more highs.
Trust me, it's not all that great. *L* I've preordered the PSP, PS2, and Wii. That's all. Well, I won't wait in line anymore.

Froze my balls off waiting overnight for the Wii. It was an experience though. Thankfully, my sleeping bag was set up right next to an outlet, so I could play my PSP all night.

But in the end, would I do it again? fuck NO.

fuck the Wii.

For the tech included? Yes, $250 with a game is unreasonable. It's fine if you don't find value in what they chose to include with the system, but for everything they've shown us the price is a reasonable expectation. Before the presentation I'd have agreed with you, but considering everything going on inside of the joycons and quality of the console tablet, the price seems on point.

Just wait for the tech to get cheaper when they bundle a game with it.

Any know if there will be game sharing with the Switch?  I plan to buy one for myself and one for my son, but damn if I'm buying a game for each of the consoles.  I have one on pre-order but gonna wait to see about the online services details before I open mine.  If they don't have a robust account system like the Xbox One or PS4 I'm just gonna pass.  Dealing with the frustration of having to transfer all my crap over every time I buy a 3DS (I buy a lot of them) is gonna be straight up unacceptable for this new generation.

Any know if there will be game sharing with the Switch? I plan to buy one for myself and one for my son, but damn if I'm buying a game for each of the consoles. I have one on pre-order but gonna wait to see about the online services details before I open mine. If they don't have a robust account system like the Xbox One or PS4 I'm just gonna pass. Dealing with the frustration of having to transfer all my crap over every time I buy a 3DS (I buy a lot of them) is gonna be straight up unacceptable for this new generation.
Just hack your 3DS and rip the games so you can put them on each system.

Was on the fence about bomberman, seemed like the kind of game you'd pay 10-15 dollars for on xbla or psn, not a 50 dollar release. After hearing multiple account the game actually ran poorly, i decided against it. Thanks Nick51705 for the feedback about the game, I decided I'm only getting zelda and isaac at launch.
I've been trying to find other sources that say the same thing but I can't. Mind posting some for others to see too?

I keep going back to trailers and gameplay of the multiplayer and that's NOT how it ran in person but I can't seem to find other reviews that mention the same.

The funny thing is EVEN if they were giving me 1-2Switch as a pack-in

I'd just pretend I didn't see it & leave it in the box :D/

I want nothing to do with that game.

Is it needed? No. I used the joycons for the Zelda and Mario Kart demo and it felt just fine.

If you are adamant about a standard controller design or have huge hands, I would recommend the pro controller though. It felt great in my hands and the triggers are more satisfying than the ones on the joycons.
Did you have a preference for either color scheme?

Did you have a preference for either color scheme?
Color scheme? I like the gray personally just because I like uniformity among my consoles. I have a white Xbox One S and it kills me.

The neon is nice and vibrant and the matte choice is the good choice compared to glossy finish. If you like the colors, you will not be disappointed in person.

I have one pre-ordered, but there's a lack of launch games that appeal to me. I'll probably end up cancelling it or returning it.

I'll likely get one in the fall or after Christmas after Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey release. The only launch title I want to play of BoW, so I'll just play the Wii U version for now.
I'm 50/50 at this point too. I'll decide within the next few weeks if I'll keep the pre orders Neon, Zelda Se, Pro controller or just play it on my Wii U for now. Some days I'm all in others I'm not.

I'm 50/50 at this point too. I'll decide within the next few weeks if I'll keep the pre orders Neon, Zelda Se, Pro controller or just play it on my Wii U for now. Some days I'm all in others I'm not.
If you don't use your SE I'd be willing to buy it for personal use. Hola at cha boy. Haha

Depends on the stuff you play.

Zelda for sure.

Then that one...I am Isuna...

Those two should keep us busy until Mario Kart comes out. And I don't know for sure if Constructor is a UK only release, or if that will be coming to the States in April.

I assume the answer is yes, but Switch games will use the same eShop account we currently use for Wii U and 3DS games, correct?

I assume the answer is yes, but Switch games will use the same eShop account we currently use for Wii U and 3DS games, correct?
Probably, but don't worry. Nintendo will find a way to make you pay again for your stuff.

Or wait....everybody will want Earthbound on the thing. And they'll only make it available on the Switch XL or something.

Just like it is only available on the New 3DS and the Wii U...but not the 3DS or Wii...bastards.

$300 without a pack in is slightly unreasonable, but so is $250 with one.

I guess $500 and $400 are a kick in the balls. All I got from Xbox was some shitty day one achievement that I still haven't used.

I am currently making a Q & A section in the OP. If anyone thinks there's a question that should be added, let me know. Was there any questions in the previous topic that was asked a lot?

I will turn the OP into a Wiki eventually, but I get an error when doing so.

First console preorder here as well. Definitely can not wait to hold in my hands and to get lost in BotW.

The funny thing is EVEN if they were giving me 1-2Switch as a pack-in

I'd just pretend I didn't see it & leave it in the box :D/

I want nothing to do with that game.
I felt the same thing at first, but for some reason I've suddenly become more interested in it with all the videos I've seen lately showcasing all the minigames (especially the funnier. more risque ones). Not enough to buy it at $50, but enough to pick it up when it's heavily discounted. Seems like it can be a really fun game to fuck around with when you're hanging out with other people.

This is the best review I've seen. Short, sweet, and to the point. Now I want the neon color scheme it's fully grown on me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/nintendo-switch-hands-on-impressions-from-8-ign-staff-members
Same thing happened to me once I saw more videos and pictures of the Neon colors. I really want that set now instead of the Gray I preordered.

Edit: Just read the article. Great impressions indeed. Everyone seems giddy about it after they've held it in their hands. Really can't wait. Also like how one of the guys feels the same as me: My only regret? Pre-ordering the standard grey unit over the hot blue & red version. Clearly, mistakes were made.”

System, Zelda, pro controller, and Puyo Tetris on order. The future is definitely brighter than the Wii u, and I liked a good number of those games. Bring on the 3rd.
I feel the same way. The Wii U had a good software lineup after all was said and done, but it took a while to get there, though it was still lacking in some areas (games missing from big franchises). That's why it reminds me of the Saturn, which turned out exactly the same.

That means the Switch can be Dreamcast. Hopefully it'll keep the good (amazing lineup of games), and not the bad (cancelled after a year and half because of lack of sales).

did anyone miss the preorders and want to buy one? are they still sold out?

i have 1 from walmart and 1 from gamestop only need one

I am currently making a Q & A section in the OP. If anyone thinks there's a question that should be added, let me know. Was there any questions in the previous topic that was asked a lot?

I will turn the OP into a Wiki eventually, but I get an error when doing so.
I think giving the nowinstock link is a good idea. People keep asking if they can still preorder the Switch and the Master/Special edition of BotW. Nowinstock has a section for both.

That's the site I always use when I want preorder and regular stock notifications, and I really stand by it.

Edit: Links for Switch and BotW editions if wanted:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/thelegendofzeldabreathofthewild/

There was stock available today for the Special Edition BotW at Toys R Us. So there's a strong chance more will pop again soon.

For those interested in quality screen protectors Amazon.JP has listed 2 of the 3

Premium Hori ones for much cheaper than the cheapo ones we get here in USA:

Hori (RED) Anti Fingerprint Screen Protector $15 shipped

Hori (BLUE) Blue Filter Screen Protector $16 Shipped

The 3rd one is The (AQUA) Antifouling one only found on Playasia for now.

These are the same type of Premium Screen Protectors you could originally buy for the VITA 1000 model when it launched.

They eventually stopped making them & weren't around by the time the 2000 model came out.

I already pre-ordered the Red one & would put any of these over the ones I've seen on Amazon.US

Also BestBuy Canadia is having another Pre-Order round Today Feb 7 @ Noon (3PM EST):

8dWzpVM.jpg

These are the same type of Premium Screen Protectors you could originally buy for the VITA 1000 model when it launched.

They eventually stopped making them & weren't around by the time the 2000 model came out.

I already pre-ordered the Red one & would put any of these over the ones I've seen on Amazon.US
There are two versions available on Amazon US. One is $20 and the other $10. Do you know which is equivalent to the ones you listed above?

There are two versions available on Amazon US. One is $20 and the other $10. Do you know which is equivalent to the ones you listed above?
Neither because the $10 is just a basic Protector (basic film) The "Premium" $20 is just thicker.

For those interested in quality screen protectors Amazon.JP has listed 2 of the 3
Premium Hori ones for much cheaper than the cheapo ones we get here in USA:

Hori (RED) Anti Fingerprint Screen Protector $15 shipped
Hori (BLUE) Blue Filter Screen Protector $16 Shipped
The 3rd one is The (AQUA) Antifouling one only found on Playasia for now.

Also BestBuy Canadia is having another Pre-Order round Today Feb 7 @ Noon (3PM EST):
8dWzpVM.jpg
May I ask why you chose red over the other 2 screen protectors? I definitely want to get a nice screen protector but does one of these have any advantage over the other? I got a pdp screen protector preordered from best buy with visa checkout but I can just give it to a friend.

Wouldn't tempered glass be the way to go since you will potentially be playing the Switch outdoors, and it may happen to fall to the ground, fall forward from tabletop mode, etc.? There's a few on Amazon

May I ask why you chose red over the other 2 screen protectors?
I bought the same one for my original VITA a few years back & it was the best Screen Protector I ever bought.

Anti-Fingerprints basically means anti-oil. If these had a matte finish they would even be better that would mean anti glare too. Blue filter is nice but that doesn't bother me it's all of the fingerprints. The cheapo US ones I've seen for $10 are just plastic films which you'll eventually find on ebay x5 for $2 but you'll be wiping your screen every 5 mins and deal with bubbles probably :speaktothehand:

Wouldn't tempered glass be the way to go since you will potentially be playing the Switch outdoors, and it may happen to fall to the ground, fall forward from tabletop mode, etc.? There's a few on Amazon
Tempered Glass is fine but if it doesn't have anti-oil they're actually worse than the plastic films. I have a Tempered Glass one on my phone that's also anti-glare & oil but it wasn't all that cheap.

Thats the route I went. I don't get anything but tempered glass if I can. My fitbit blaze and cell phones were saved due to them

Tempered Glass is fine but if it doesn't have anti-oil they're actually worse than the plastic films. I have a Tempered Glass one on my phone that's also anti-glare & oil but it wasn't all that cheap.
Check them out nowadays. Most have an oleophobic coating and have gone down in price tremendously. There's a few for less than $10.

I absolutely hate that film screen protectors eventually have gotten scratched, peeled up, wasn't too clear, and/or felt bad on a touch screen device in my experiences, which tempered glass helps mitigate.

Not knocking film screen protectors if they work for you, but tempered glass is all I get now.

That's what I did. I have the one on Amazon preordered.

My only concern with tempered glass would be the fit in the dock. How much space is there when the Switch is in docked mode?

I canceled my pre-order from Best Buy but I'm still oddly tempted to try and pre-order again. It's a sick compulsion. I know if I can just wait until launch I'll be fine and I can be patient and wait until there's better value, but I just can't shake the desire to pre-order in spite of the fact that it's grossly expensive for what you get and the line-up is abysmal.
What was really grossly expensive was the PS3 at launch. I picked up the $600 60gb one in jan 2007 & resistance fall of man was the best choice in titles & it wasn't anything to write home about. I looked at it as a long term investment & overall it hasn't disappointed still play it to this day. Comparing the switch to this 10 years later & the fact that the switch has the nicest looking screen built in of any dedicated gaming system up to this point & some great games are coming this year makes the $300 price point seem real reasonable from my point of view.

My only concern with tempered glass would be the fit in the dock. How much space is there when the Switch is in docked mode?
Plenty for a tempered glass screen protector. They're not much thicker than film. Were talking millimeters. Almost certain I seen somewhere there was still plenty of space for them and all of the listings I've seen guarantee the fit into the dock. Should be ok

Which tempered glass protector are you guys getting? I see a few on Amazon, I have no clue what the differences are.

I pre-ordered the tempered glass from Snakebyte, 7.99 w/Prime shipping. OOS, though.
61PlRN3zuvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

bread's done
Back