Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Canceled my gamestop pro controller preorder last night. Couldn't justify the 90 dollars after tax and shipping to get it on release day. Hopefully if I really feel the need for one they'll be available after launch. While I do think the right analog stick, and separate buttons for the dpad on the jcons are somewhat questionable decisions, for the games I'll be playing on launch (Zelda, BoI, maybe 1,2 switch), I don't really see it being a problem. Once MK8 and Splatoon come out I'll likely try and scoop a pro controller.

Not sure why everyone is so skeptical a lot of the games on that image floating around will make it out this year. 75% of the games listed for 2017 are ports from other consoles. The only game that seems likely to slip past 2017 is xenoblade chronicles 2. Mario is a flagship title, and needs to be out this holiday shopping season to drive consumer interest in the new platform.

Probably more excited than i should be about a reversible cover and 2 sticker sheets, but I'm hyped for binding of isaac. 31.99 with prime discount seems super reasonable as Rebirth goes for 15 and Afterbirth, Afterbirth+ DLC sell for 10 dollars each. Just look at the chibbi goodness! I hope more download only games get physical editions on the switch with these kind of goodies!
h1-noscale.jpg

1. Yes, you should be more than fine.

2. Money and it's Nintendo. I expect the $80 package to be hard to find thus forcing people into buying two JoyCons separately to spend more money.

3. The Amiibo's mostly collect dust on a shelf, but will add some content to the game. I am not sure what that content is, but if the past Amiibo support is any indication it won't be worthwhile content.

1. should be fine from my understanding with the joy grip.

2. I highly recommend buying the package joy-cons for $80, like the other poster said they will be most be hard to find later

3. it isn't the breath of wild amiibo since I've haven't seen any note on what they might do yet but the 30th anniversary amiibo will do something. http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/153959693594/the-legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-are

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/2/13825180/legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-breath-of-the-wild-function
Thank you both for your responses - much appreciated!!

Later in 2017:

"Xenoblade, slated for 2017 release, will be delayed until 2018." -- Nintendo.

The following year ...

"Xenoblade, slated for 2018 release, will be delayed until 2019." -- Nintendo

The following year ...

"Xenoblade will debut on the new Nintendo GameJoy Console in 2020." -- Nintendo
Two years between X and 2 seems reasonable to me if they're using the same engine as X. Monolith Soft does a pretty good job at cranking out games, so I could see it being released this year. I don't see it getting delayed into development hell.

Also lol look at the Wii U Gamepad. I love ya, but you're a clunky piece of sh**.
Yeah, I find it super cumbersome, as I have really small hands, and every time I pick it up to play, I think "Clunky POS" as well. LOL

I know a few years back, there was a picture from a Direct or something, that was rumored to be a gamepad revision, but nothing ever came of it. I always hoped it was true, and that a slim Wii U was coming(smaller tablet, and a cheaper price), but I guess maybe that picture was what turned in to the Switch, who knows for sure?

Why are people acting like E3 isn't going to happen?
Nintendo is notorious for announcing games on E3 that come out that very year
while MS & Sony are showing you games you'll play 3 years from now. :whistle2:
Why do you act like Nintendo is any different. Xenoblade was announced E3 2013 and came out in 2015. Star Fox Zero was announced E3 2014 and came out 2 years later. Zelda was announced at E3 2014. When does that come out again? All companies do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Later in 2017:

"Xenoblade, slated for 2017 release, will be delayed until 2018." -- Nintendo.

The following year ...

"Xenoblade, slated for 2018 release, will be delayed until 2019." -- Nintendo

The following year ...

"Xenoblade will debut on the new Nintendo GameJoy Console in 2020." -- Nintendo
So many games...but will the ports be good?

Will certain games be better in higher def/4K on the Xbone or PS4?

We'll see.

Just by looking at the list, I'm interested in:

Zelda, Binding of Isaac, I am Setsuna, HR Manager, Has Been Heroes, Mario Kart 8, Constructor, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Star Dew Valley, the SNK games (if they're cheap), Jackbox Party Pack, and Dragon Quest X and XI

Why do you act like Nintendo is any different. Star Fox Zero was announced E3 2014 and came out 2 years later. Zelda was announced at E3 2014. When does that come out again? All companies do it.
"N" is the worst, and always has been. At least Sony & MS now have games where the level of details is mind boggling, so a few years is proper time with the work involved.

"N" takes years to release the same games they released a few years before. How the hell it takes them so long to release a new MK, every cycle, with the same game play is a joke. MK should be an annual release like CoD, add some new tracks, and characters, and rake in the cash.

Of course they will. It'll be down the line though. The possibilities of special edition consoles on top of that is exciting. Pikachu Yellow anyone?
Also Lol at those guys that said hardware upgrades for the Switch wasn't a possibility.
I literally got attacked and called a troll for suggesting the idea of updated switch hardware in the future by some crazy fanboys. Because they said nintendo would never update a home console. Now that nintendo has said they would I know they have egg on their faces. lol!

Honestly I hope they go all the way. Do special edition joy cons & docks with unique colors and designs. Fire Emblem & Monster Hunter editions would be great.

Many Switch accessories previously sold out are available at Best Buy.com right now.  Like pro controller, charging grip, red/blue joy-con, etc. Just ordered a charging grip myself.

So many games...but will the ports be good?

Will certain games be better in higher def/4K on the Xbone or PS4?

We'll see.

Just by looking at the list, I'm interested in:

Zelda, Binding of Isaac, I am Setsuna, HR Manager, Has Been Heroes, Mario Kart 8, Constructor, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Star Dew Valley, the SNK games (if they're cheap), Jackbox Party Pack, and Dragon Quest X and XI
Looks over at MVS and stack of games.....interesting idea, if they are 2-player with individual joy-cons

I bought the same one for my original VITA a few years back & it was the best Screen Protector I ever bought.

Anti-Fingerprints basically means anti-oil. If these had a matte finish they would even be better that would mean anti glare too. Blue filter is nice but that doesn't bother me it's all of the fingerprints. The cheapo US ones I've seen for $10 are just plastic films which you'll eventually find on ebay x5 for $2 but you'll be wiping your screen every 5 mins and deal with bubbles probably :speaktothehand:

Tempered Glass is fine but if it doesn't have anti-oil they're actually worse than the plastic films. I have a Tempered Glass one on my phone that's also anti-glare & oil but it wasn't all that cheap.

This tempered glass even states that its coated against fingerprints.

https://smile.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Protector-amFilm-Tempered/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486486591&sr=8-9&keywords=nintendo%20switch%20tempered%20glass

Son of a shit nuggets.

I'm at work...ordering it...so, takes a few minutes. Have to create an account...

And unlike most other sites that reserve the item for a short time while you check out...not Wal-Mart.

I hit the checkout button and out of stock!

Dammit
Almost no site reserves the item as you check out.

Do we know if Disgaea 5 is limited to NIS America's site? I don't really care for the collectors edition, but a Amazon or BB discount would be preferred.

In case you don't check the gamestop thread, they say there will be a 50% trade bonus towards switch consoles games and accessories starting next Wednesday

Do we know if Disgaea 5 is limited to NIS America's site? I don't really care for the collectors edition, but a Amazon or BB discount would be preferred.
According to their site, Limited editions are only through their store. Premium versions will be at other retailers which there isnt one for Disgaea 5

What's the difference between Limited Edition and Premium Edition?

Limited Edition sets come in a special collector’s box and include special bonus items along with the game. These sets are available only at the NISA Online Store and will not be reprinted.

Premium Edition sets come in a special collector’s box and include the bonus items just like the Limited Edition sets; however, these sets are available at other retailers as well.

In case you don't check the gamestop thread, they say there will be a 50% trade bonus towards switch consoles games and accessories starting next Wednesday
Super helpful now that in-store consoles and worthwhile accessories are sold out. Damn you, Gamestop.

Super helpful now that in-store consoles and worthwhile accessories are sold out. Damn you, Gamestop.
If it weren't for the fact that Gamestop is the only retail outlet that still quasi-supports the Vita, I'd never step foot in that shithole.

I have officially 100% paid off my Nintendo Switch Pre-Order.

Debating if I should get a screen protector or just keep the zelda case I picked out.

Breath of Wild Master Edition comes with a case but I don't want to spend $120 just for some sword statue that is just going to sit around.

Tl;dr:

I have $120 budget limit for games + accessory now 

I can just get standard edition of zelda + bomberman r and get a decent case and protector screen.

If it weren't for the fact that Gamestop is the only retail outlet that still quasi-supports the Vita, I'd never step foot in that shithole.
Seriously. I stopped once they shut down Amazon gift cards with credit loophole. I only went in to flip games for Amazon credit. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Debating if I should get a screen protector or just keep the zelda case I picked out.

Breath of Wild Master Edition comes with a case but I don't want to spend $120 just for some sword statue that is just going to sit around.

Tl;dr:

I can just get standard edition of zelda + bomberman r and get a decent case and protector screen.
If you're not that into the Master Edition, just sell it and use that to buy the accessories you do want. If you don't have the spare money for both ahead of time, you can probably work out a trade with someone on here very, very easily. (You have the Master Edition sent to them, they have the things you want sent to you... or just money. Whichever.) I'm sure you'd make someone pretty happy.

Tl;dr:

I'll give you 140 for the master edition 🤣

I'll give you 140 for the master edition
Shipping ruins it

If you're not that into the Master Edition, just sell it and use that to buy the accessories you do want. If you don't have the spare money for both ahead of time, you can probably work out a trade with someone on here very, very easily. (You have the Master Edition sent to them, they have the things you want sent to you... or just money. Whichever.) I'm sure you'd make someone pretty happy.
I looked into selling it on ebay but after ebay/paypal fees + shipping ruins it.

I'll end up trading here

Best Buy also has the Neon Joy Cons in stock for delivery. Got mine placed since my Amazon order went from release day to "we need more time to determine delivery"

If anyone is thinking of cancelling their Switch preorder, and live in IL or STL, I am a buyer. Must meetup same day as picking up preorder. We can discuss compensation in DM. Thanks.

"N" is the worst, and always has been. At least Sony & MS now have games where the level of details is mind boggling, so a few years is proper time with the work involved.

"N" takes years to release the same games they released a few years before. How the hell it takes them so long to release a new MK, every cycle, with the same game play is a joke. MK should be an annual release like CoD, add some new tracks, and characters, and rake in the cash.
I'm personally ok with them taking their time to get it right. To many companies rush out unfinished products. Nintendo at least has a good reputation with delivering a good product once they release it. If they annualized Mario Kart or Smash bro's it'd be the new Assassins creed and start crapping the bed in quality. It's bad enough we get a new COD every year that people convince themselves will be fantastic only for it to be the same thing again and again. We don't need Nintendo to annualized games. We just need them to look at all of their franchises and go down the list and develop a new title for them and start pumping them out. That'd leave enough time in between the next entry in the franchise. I don't know how many people have been waiting for a new Metroid let alone all of the characters that appear in Smash that haven't had their own title in some time.

If anyone is thinking of cancelling their Switch preorder, and live in IL or STL, I am a buyer. Must meetup same day as picking up preorder. We can discuss compensation in DM. Thanks.

Not in IL or STL but I do have a spare amazon neon. Supposed to be release day delivery. Hit me up if interested.

I'm personally ok with them taking their time to get it right. To many companies rush out unfinished products. Nintendo at least has a good reputation with delivering a good product once they release it. If they annualized Mario Kart or Smash bro's it'd be the new Assassins creed and start crapping the bed in quality. It's bad enough we get a new COD every year that people convince themselves will be fantastic only for it to be the same thing again and again. We don't need Nintendo to annualized games. We just need them to look at all of their franchises and go down the list and develop a new title for them and start pumping them out. That'd leave enough time in between the next entry in the franchise. I don't know how many people have been waiting for a new Metroid let alone all of the characters that appear in Smash that haven't had their own title in some time.
Releasing the Switch before their online service is ready to go seems to be Nintendo rushing. One month to go and we have so many unknowns about the system.

They do release great finished games when they do though. You're right about that.

What was really grossly expensive was the PS3 at launch. I picked up the $600 60gb one in jan 2007 & resistance fall of man was the best choice in titles & it wasn't anything to write home about. I looked at it as a long term investment & overall it hasn't disappointed still play it to this day. Comparing the switch to this 10 years later & the fact that the switch has the nicest looking screen built in of any dedicated gaming system up to this point & some great games are coming this year makes the $300 price point seem real reasonable from my point of view.
This is what the Switch naysayers don't get. You're not plopping down $300 not just for Zelda and a couple of launch games. You're doing it as an investment, in order to be able to play games as they come, and get first dibs on them. While others have to wait to play all the games coming in the next few months.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/nintendo-on-possibility-of-switch-hardware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.
I really hope they do a GameCube controller layout one. Preferably with analog triggers with the added click on the bottom. Would be nice to play SSB plus GCN VC games with it.

This is what the Switch naysayers don't get. You're not plopping down $300 not just for Zelda and a couple of launch games. You're doing it as an investment, in order to be able to play games as they come, and get first dibs on them. While others have to wait to play all the games coming in the next few months.
Like that shitty Wii U investment I made too. Do you know what an investment is? Something that gains value over time. Nintendo has to regain trust. They fucked it up last time. I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical with plopping down hard earned cash.

Anyone know if spare Switch Docks can be preordered anywhere, specifically Gamestop? Or will they just be available on release day?

Thanks

Teddy

It's bad enough we get a new COD every year that people convince themselves will be fantastic only for it to be the same thing again and again. We don't need Nintendo to annualized games.
The same thing again and again is all most "N" franchises have become. 2D Mario on the DS is pretty much the same game as the Wii U version, and MK U is about the same MK as every other title in the series. My issue is that they take ages to release these games that offer little to nothing from the ones before, and they take years to do it. WOW, now you can stick to walls with anti-gravity karts, but the tracks, characters, and overall gameplay is the same.

I wouldn't buy MK annually,as the only game I ever really liked was the DS one, and that was for the single player challenges(which was about the best thing they ever did for MK), that they got rid of and never brought back. But for those who enjoy the games, I see little to no reason why it takes as long as it does to deliver the MK games as they are.

Now 3D Zelda & Mario are a different beast all together, and more often than not, the wait is justified for those games, but in my opinion, very few other titles fall in to this category.

I'm curious at how "lost" you can get in BotW.

From the videos I've seen, yes, it is a large world...but there's tons of open, flat world.

I'm looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4. That's looking to be a huge world to get lost in too.
I'm looking forward to Horizon as well (will play that after BotW and MS: Andromeda), but are you seriously complaining about the world in BotW? You haven't seen anything from the game yet! Nintendo has purposely revealed little in order to keep most of it a secret. To complain that it looks flat when you don't know anything about it is laughable.

Not to mention that in the Game Awards footage there was a forest area area shown with deep foliage. Watch it and tell me if that looks flat and empty.

Either way, all the Zeldas have been games you can get lost in. Even when they haven't been open world. I meant lost as in the figurative sense. Maybe the problem is you're thinking of it literally.

I'm looking forward to Horizon as well (will play that after BotW and MS: Andromeda), but are you seriously complaining about the world in BotW? You haven't seen anything from the game yet! Nintendo has purposely revealed little in order to keep most of it a secret. To complain that it looks flat when you don't know anything about it is laughable.

Not to mention that in the Game Awards footage there was a forest area area shown with deep foliage. Watch it and tell me if that looks flat and empty.

Either way, all the Zeldas have been games you can get lost in. Even when they haven't been open world. I meant most as in the figurative sense. Maybe the problem is you're thinking of it literally.
Good time to be a gamer. Just wish I had a clone or time machine. So hyped for Zelda and Horizons.

Like that shitty Wii U investment I made too. Do you know what an investment is? Something that gains value over time. Nintendo has to regain trust. They fucked it up last time. I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical with plopping down hard earned cash.

Spare me the tears. The Wii U had a good software lineup after all was said and done. Most people who owned it feel they got their money's worth. At least those who owned at least one other platform. The Switch will also at very least all the Nintendo games coming forward. $300 is a great investment knowing you're going to be able to play all those games as they come, and not have to wait for them. It's not a big deal plopping down $300 to be able to experience them as they come.

You're crazy. I'm glad Nintendo doesn't milk their games that much. No way do I want a MK every year. I'm also glad Nintendo is one of the few developers that doesn't release games till they are done. I rather more developers took this route instead of releasing unfinished games that need day one patches (and patches for those patches).

Spare me the tears. The Wii U had a good software lineup after all was said and done. Most people who owned it feel they got their money's worth. At least those who owned at least one other platform. The Switch will also at very least all the Nintendo games coming forward. $300 is a great investment knowing you're going to be able to play all those games as they come, and not have to wait for them. It's not a big deal plopping down $300 to be able to experience them as they come.
To me it didn't but to each their own. Most people? Have you looked at Wii U sales? It was a failure. Why do you think they are rushing the Switch. Come on man. I get being a fan but let's be honest. If you want to plop down your $300 on faith that's fine but don't be mad that everyone else doesn't worship the Nintendo gospel without question.

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count. Mario in the hood and Xenoblade Muppet Baby Edition don't look that good either.

All those flashy pictures of titles don't mean shit. It's pretty deceptive and scummy on Nintendo's part. If you just made a list of those games it wouldn't impress anyone with sense.
From your numerous comments on the previous thread, and now these, you made it abundantly clear that you don't think the Switch is a good purchase at the moment. The thing I'm curious (no pun intended regarding your pic) about, is why do you continue wasting your time on message boards about the Switch when you're not interested in it now? Seems like time badly spent.

To me it didn't but to each their own. Most people? Have you looked at Wii U sales? It was a failure. Why do you think they are rushing the Switch. Come on man. I get being a fan but let's be honest. If you want to plop down your $300 on faith that's fine but don't be mad that everyone else doesn't worship the Nintendo gospel without question.

*Most people who owned it.* That's what I said. Reading comprehension, dude. And I bet most who owned it would agree with what I said. After all was said and done, the dozens or so quality games made the system worth it.

And don't try and insinuate that I'm a fanboy. I own a PS4 as well. Getting a Scorpio when that releases. Own most retro consoles as well. I'm not a fanboy of anything, nor do I treat Nintendo as "gospel". But I also don't whine about $300 when it will give me numerous games that I will love in the end.

*Most people who owned it.* That's what I said. Reading comprehension, dude. And I bet most who owned it would agree with what I said. After all was said and done, the dozens or so quality games made the system worth it.

And don't try and insinuate that I'm a fanboy. I own a PS4 as well. Getting a Scorpio when that releases. Own most retro consoles as well. I'm not a fanboy of anything, nor do I treat Nintendo as "gospel". But I also don't whine about $300 when it will give me numerous games that I will love in the end.
People can whine all they want about their own money. Why does it hurt you that they do? Lol.

I have two of each of the consoles and buying two switches. That isn't my issue. My issue is you complaining about people not wanting to.spemd their money because you want to.

I don't know how this can be taken as good news. Nintendo is always selling people the latest version of their plastic and people just eat it up for some reason. To me, it's just another reminder that you're never safe because early adopters get screwed, there's always more plastic controllers to buy, and the next big hardware revision is always right around the corner. Issues that you don't get with the other systems. The LE 3DS systems are very cool, but Nintendo doesn't offer other nice limited edition hardware or peripherals.

The Switch hasn't come out yet and people are getting excited over Nintendo already publicly discussing monetizing more plastic in the future. I really don't understand it.
Like a few already said, all companies do this. Nintendo isn't alone. And any early adopter should know that better versions of what they buy will come out later. That's what you put up with if you want the latest and greatest as they come. There's also nothing wrong with wanting a new shiny version of something. That's capitalism, bitch! (Don't mean that in a pejorative way. Just joking around a la Jesse from Breaking Bad.)

People can whine all they want about their own money. Why does it hurt you that they do? Lol.

I have two of each of the consoles and buying two switches. That isn't my issue. My issue is you complaining about people not wanting to.spemd their money because you want to.

All I said is that the people complaining about the Switch don't get that those who are buying it now are looking at it as an investment. That's all I said, boyo. They have every right to complain if they want, and I have every right to say what I think about their point of view.

bread's done
Back