Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

New thread same old shit, people just wanna bitch about the switch while claiming they're going to buy it...

I just don't get that mentality at all..

But if you dare like it, oh boy... you must have a mario tattoo on your ass cuz you're such a fanboy...  :nottalking:

Like that shitty Wii U investment I made too. Do you know what an investment is? Something that gains value over time. Nintendo has to regain trust. They fucked it up last time. I think it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical with plopping down hard earned cash.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I mean, I can sell my Wii U for the same price I bought it, after years of use. I wouldn't, but I could. That seems like a good investment to me.

New thread same old shit, people just wanna bitch about the switch while claiming they're going to buy it...

I just don't get that mentality at all..

But if you dare like it, oh boy... you must have a mario tattoo on your ass cuz you're such a fanboy... :nottalking:
... But what if we have actually have a Zelda tattoo on our ass... :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the Switch naysayers don't get. You're not plopping down $300 not just for Zelda and a couple of launch games. You're doing it as an investment, in order to be able to play games as they come, and get first dibs on them. While others have to wait to play all the games coming in the next few months.
By the time the games come, there might be cooler systems, options, and bundles. That is the real dilemma.

Just imagine if they announce something like say a 1080p version of the handheld in a year or two. yikes.

It might not be a bad idea to wait for the dust to settle a bit. I'm still torn. Doesn't change the fact that I'm really excited for the new Nintendo though.

Not sure if there's anything new here but Nintendo did a pretty nice job with this Hardware Overview video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEhQ65FOJ8

Releasing the Switch before their online service is ready to go seems to be Nintendo rushing. One month to go and we have so many unknowns about the system.

They do release great finished games when they do though. You're right about that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I can't argue with you on rushing the hardware. This is an absolute rush job on that and the lack of quantity of games reflects that. However the Xbox one has reflected you can get past a launch with quality titles arriving to help the platform. It seems like they get that this time but time will tell. All will be forgiven if they at least give us some functioning online play with chat and quality titles. As long as I can have that then my expectations have been met and its something to build on for the future.

What Tony and Stryder said. Either way, I wasn't talking about the Wii U. I was talking about the Switch. Those paying $300 now aren't just doing it for BotW. They're doing it as an investment, knowing they will be able to play all future Nintendo titles as they come. That's what I meant by investment. It wasn't meant in the literal sense. Second person to read my comment as literal in this thread.

By the time the games come, there might be cooler systems, options, and bundles. That is the real dilemma.

Just imagine if they announce something like say a 1080p version of the handheld in a year or two. yikes.

It might not be a bad idea to wait for the dust to settle a bit. I'm still torn. Doesn't change the fact that I'm really excited for the new Nintendo though.
That's the plight of the early adopter. They get to play things before anyone else, but they have to rebuy stuff later if they want the latest and greatest. It has its pros and cons, just like waiting has pros and cons.

The same thing again and again is all most "N" franchises have become. 2D Mario on the DS is pretty much the same game as the Wii U version, and MK U is about the same MK as every other title in the series. My issue is that they take ages to release these games that offer little to nothing from the ones before, and they take years to do it. WOW, now you can stick to walls with anti-gravity karts, but the tracks, characters, and overall gameplay is the same.

I wouldn't buy MK annually,as the only game I ever really liked was the DS one, and that was for the single player challenges(which was about the best thing they ever did for MK), that they got rid of and never brought back. But for those who enjoy the games, I see little to no reason why it takes as long as it does to deliver the MK games as they are.

Now 3D Zelda & Mario are a different beast all together, and more often than not, the wait is justified for those games, but in my opinion, very few other titles fall in to this category.
I see what you're saying but those are franchises. For example Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Smash why would you want them to drastically tweak a formula that works? Those are some of their most hardcore multiplayer franchises. Tweaking the formula and adding different elements has worked well and has been pretty well received for multiple versions now. I've enjoyed many of the new ones and they didn't feel like filler games to me. It's not hard to see why it takes awhile to deliver these games. They specifically try not to over saturate the market with multiple titles from the same entry. That typically leaves the consumer really excited when that next one is released and its almost always a well built game. That's one thing they do get right. Why would you want more rushed versions being pumped out that would end up truly being what you're saying they are now?

3DS and Wii U is a wash to me. Those are two different audiences. If they released multiple Mario games on the Wii U that were the same then I could see it being the same thing over and over but all of those Mario games were different.

The biggest thing they really need to do is release more games featuring more of their franchises so that you get something from all of their core franchises and it spreads out how often you see another version of that game. They have enough franchises to spread them out every 3 years or so and give each game good development time.

You make some good points that hopefully they're listening to. I'm not hardcore defending everything they do. I do think when they actually deliver a game its a quality game. That being said they need to do more of some of things I've listed. As for online play and price gauging the crap out of us on the hardware thats a different story.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/07/nintendo-confirms-no-internet-browser-for-nintendo-switch-at-least-at-launch/

Not Internet browser at launch. This somewhat bothers me, as I go to coffee shops like Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks often. Both places require a browser to get on their network.
Yeah they better have some damn captive portal solution. It's like no one tests these damn things. Not sure how it is now but I remember despite having IE the Xbox one when it came out was powerless vs captive portals because it refused to keep a link to the access point if the internet test failed. At least 3DS maintained link so you could open browser buuut that's the problem here no broswer, so we'll see.

Man, that's the first thing I've heard that would truly suck. I just gotsta be able to steal internetz on campus and at coffee shops n stuff.

The same thing again and again is all most "N" franchises have become. 2D Mario on the DS is pretty much the same game as the Wii U version, and MK U is about the same MK as every other title in the series. My issue is that they take ages to release these games that offer little to nothing from the ones before, and they take years to do it. WOW, now you can stick to walls with anti-gravity karts, but the tracks, characters, and overall gameplay is the same.

I wouldn't buy MK annually,as the only game I ever really liked was the DS one, and that was for the single player challenges(which was about the best thing they ever did for MK), that they got rid of and never brought back. But for those who enjoy the games, I see little to no reason why it takes as long as it does to deliver the MK games as they are.

Now 3D Zelda & Mario are a different beast all together, and more often than not, the wait is justified for those games, but in my opinion, very few other titles fall in to this category.
While I'd agree that many of these franchises haven't changed a whole lot over the years, I think Nintendo has handled them pretty well. Like you said, it might be more lucrative for them to reuse assets for annual releases of MK/NSMB/Smash Bros./whatever (hell, they could even get away with using a shared set of assets for all of them), but instead they've stuck to one super-polished release per console, and with the Wii U they created a boatload of post-launch content for each of them. They still get to make some money off of those add-ons and they avoid the stigma that generally surrounds annualized games.

On the other hand, Nintendo already gets a lot of crap from people who think that all Zelda games are the same just because the franchise is 30 years old, but run out to buy the newest COD every year, so what do I know? People probably like annual games more than I think they do :'(

Do we know if Disgaea 5 is limited to NIS America's site? I don't really care for the collectors edition, but a Amazon or BB discount would be preferred.
I've been keeping up with the NISA Twitter account and generally searching around for an answer to this ever since preorders went up on their site--haven't found anything so far. I'm hoping they'll announce something whenever they confirm the release date.

I think most people feel that way about franchises they don't care for. They're all the same.

I don't think it takes years to make a MK game. They just don't like to release a MK game more than once per gen per system. And I suspect it's because they don't want to burn out the customer and burn out their franchise.

Hello. For all of those who preordered on Walmart .com after the announcement on Jan 12th and chose store pickup. .. what is the status of your orders? Do they show as pre-orders? Undefined? Did Walmart cancel anyone's orders??

You make some good points that hopefully they're listening to. I'm not hardcore defending everything they do. I do think when they actually deliver a game its a quality game. That being said they need to do more of some of things I've listed. As for online play and price gauging the crap out of us on the hardware thats a different story.
Growing up, I always looked forward to a great new "N" title, and I still do every once in awhile(sadly they don't happen much anymore), but most of their past great franchises, are just OK to me now. When you waited several years for a game, more often than not, the games average ratings where in the 8-10 range. Now most games average in the 6-8 range. Yes, and I do play games based on my own thoughts/opinions, but I do fall in line with most of the reviews on most "N" titles, as I'm not blind enough to not call them out for poorly made games.

I'm all for quality, over qty, but when your releasing games like ZERO, that are mediocre, I'm saying why waste the years delivering an inferior product, when it's very apparent, most of the hardcore crowd will buy shit on a stick from "N", and if their willing to buy crap, all I'm saying is why the long wait. If that fan base is buying lesser games due to the name on the box, why not get new games and content more often, than waiting a few years for an average game. Apparently a lot of users here don't mind the wait, and or the less than best games, so nothing I'm stating is changing that.

Mario & Luigi on the GBA was a killer new franchise, stellar quality from front to back and where there have been a few shining moments over that franchises history, the games are hit and miss. The same goes for Paper Mario, Star Fox, 2D Mario. What happened to the warioware series? Another great game that is all but gone, for the same rehashes year after year.

I guess the point I'm making applies to the NS as well. As that system is currently offering pretty much the same games you just played with a $300-$400 Wii U, and now you get to do it again for another $300-$500 "N" investment, and that's fine, I'm not arguing ones desires for the system and the games being offered, but just pointing out if your going to be getting ports, or lightly upgraded titles, there should be a lot more past Wii U titles in the game release stream, as it would help financially until the more unique and quality IP's show up.

I'm all for quality, over qty, but when your releasing games like ZERO, that are mediocre, I'm saying why waste the years delivering an inferior product, when it's very apparent, most of the hardcore crowd will buy shit on a stick from "N", and if their willing to buy crap, all I'm saying is why the long wait. If that fan base is buying lesser games due to the name on the box, why not get new games and content more often, than waiting a few years for an average game. Apparently a lot of users here don't mind the wait, and or the less than best games, so nothing I'm stating is changing that.
I dont understand what that means? So your saying their business strategy is to release less games and that are mediocre? This statements acts as if development time and cost doesn't exist.

He's saying "3 years in dev and THIS is all you have to show for it?!" more or less.

Looking back at stuff like Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Mario Party 10 and Metroid: Federation Force, I kinda hafta agree, in part anyway.

I see this trend not so much as a lack of productivity, but as wasting their time "innovating" in all "wrong" ways. 

Too bad there's no way they can get feedback on what worked and what didn't...oh wait, there's plenty of ways. After awhile, you start to suspect they are deaf to honest reviews of their products.

I switched my store pick up to shipping on bestbuy.com :) 

Now i don't have to drive an hour to pick it up. 

Hopefully it and Zelda arrive the same day...

can't wait for Super Mario Bros 3 on the VC in 2019

Growing up, I always looked forward to a great new "N" title, and I still do every once in awhile(sadly they don't happen much anymore), but most of their past great franchises, are just OK to me now. When you waited several years for a game, more often than not, the games average ratings where in the 8-10 range. Now most games average in the 6-8 range. Yes, and I do play games based on my own thoughts/opinions, but I do fall in line with most of the reviews on most "N" titles, as I'm not blind enough to not call them out for poorly made games.

Mario & Luigi on the GBA was a killer new franchise, stellar quality from front to back and where there have been a few shining moments over that franchises history, the games are hit and miss. The same goes for Paper Mario, Star Fox, 2D Mario. What happened to the warioware series? Another great game that is all but gone, for the same rehashes year after year.

I guess the point I'm making applies to the NS as well. As that system is currently offering pretty much the same games you just played with a $300-$400 Wii U, and now you get to do it again for another $300-$500 "N" investment, and that's fine, I'm not arguing ones desires for the system and the games being offered, but just pointing out if your going to be getting ports, or lightly upgraded titles, there should be a lot more past Wii U titles in the game release stream, as it would help financially until the more unique and quality IP's show up.
I agree with you there on some of what I might call secondary franchises from them them. Star fox was a let down to me with the forced second screen controls. Nintendo clearly not listening to its consumers about metroid and releasing garbage and slapping the metorid name on it isn't up to snuff. I don't really understand because they have tons of franchises to pull from and generally are pretty good with coming up with new IP's. Spaltoon was a good new IP and I think Arms at the very least looks intriguing for recent IP's. I personally think were going to get alot of ports and wii u updated games for the first year before we start seeing real dedicated games to the switch. I have a hard time buying that Mario Odyssey was being made for the switch. Almost certain that started off as a wii u game before moving it over to the switch. I do have every reason to believe it'll be out this holiday as they have nothing else to help holiday sales at the moment.

He's saying "3 years in dev and THIS is all you have to show for it?!" more or less.
Yeah, this is exactly my point. The annual released games are normally sports, FPS, etc. and most do decent enough numbers for a product released each year. The developers update the rosters, or add in some new elements, and for what they are, they are solid efforts, and they sale well enough to a select group to make them worth the time.

When you get a certain segment of "N" games that are released every few years, your getting the same level of slightly new and updated qualities, along with the wait. I'm just saying based on the NS and if this is the companies all in one machine going forward, It may be better for them to stop taking years to release games that look like they took 6 months to a year where spent on them.

As do pretty much all airports, one of Nintendo's biggest selling points with the portability. Hopefully they figure this out.
At this point every console should have a web browser + netflix. Even if you never use it, it's pretty much an industry standard at this point.

Do we know if Disgaea 5 is limited to NIS America's site? I don't really care for the collectors edition, but a Amazon or BB discount would be preferred.
I noticed a placeholder for the standard edition of the game on Amazon last night but it's not able to be preordered yet. My guess is the game will eventually be able to be purchased at all the usual suspects (Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop).

As do pretty much all airports, one of Nintendo's biggest selling points with the portability. Hopefully they figure this out.
My gut tells me most of these things like other apps and this will come out later. Just goes to show how unprepared the system was for launch or how rushed it was either way probably see most of these by years end

I'm going to make a rather BOLD prediction today that the switch will be the most successful Nintendo console in the company's history. Everything to me points to it such as:

Versatility:  which will only grow in the future with possible joycon dpad configurations, game specific joycons, larger joycons, multicolored joycons. Something for all gamers to rejoice over.

Variations:  new iterations of the switch such as a small gba sp style handheld with outstanding battery life & slim sleek form factor that easily folds making pocket carry so easy. Also a dedicated home console version at a very affordable price point.

Value: With switch coming out of the gate at a fairly inexpensive price point it's only going to get better. All the big nintendo franchises with a large development team coming together from past handheld/console divisions to produce so many 1st party titles at record setting pace on simple to develop for switch platforms.    

The three V's for victory is what I see in this recipe. Going to be tough for the Big N to screw this up.

Yeah, this is exactly my point. The annual released games are normally sports, FPS, etc. and most do decent enough numbers for a product released each year. The developers update the rosters, or add in some new elements, and for what they are, they are solid efforts, and they sale well enough to a select group to make them worth the time.

When you get a certain segment of "N" games that are released every few years, your getting the same level of slightly new and updated qualities, along with the wait. I'm just saying based on the NS and if this is the companies all in one machine going forward, It may be better for them to stop taking years to release games that look like they took 6 months to a year where spent on them.
Thats fair to a point. But you also have to think that they have also been doing development for 3ds stuff too. Sony has long pas given up on vita development and there is no handheld by ms. So I am not sure if that is an even comparison. Its not hard to imagine 3ds is being phased out unless the switch does horrible, so all the rest of those resources should transition as well.

So even though the wiiu version of zelda is coming out it pretty much was pushed back for switch development and mario will be out this year as well. That alone has to count for something as a mainline zelda and mario has not been released in the same year at least in north america since 1988. At least as far as I can recall. Not too mention splatoon 2 and even though a remake mario kart. Those 4 alone from a first party are pretty big games in one year are pretty big. As with any launch there is always cause for concern but we probably will no have an idea of what is beyond this year until around e3 when they may show off some other stuff.

Which part of the Dreamcast library hasn't been re-released?
Almost no old systems sell for more than like $100 bucks. I just sold my WiiU with Mario Maker for $250 a month ago, no way it retains that value. Games & Controllers can hold and even gain value (especially new sealed ones), but it's very rare that a system increases. The only exceptions are rare, special edition or brand new.

The three V's for victory is what I see in this recipe. Going to be tough for the Big N to screw this up.
I would agree, but the launch conference was a little disconcerting as they seem to go a little crazy to a point. I mean I guess for the masses we needed waggle sticks but most hardcore gamers dont really care about that at all. I think really is hard to say, they look like they are moving in the right direction, but they have no point assured me that they will not turn around and do something that is asinine right after.

How has nintendo managed to make the switch so tiny? Then again just look at this & also factor in 30 game cartridges each of which is about as large as the nes classic. This shrinkage occurred over 30 years though so it's a bit more understandable than the switch compared to Wii U.

tumblr_ol2h7fvyMF1rr6e7xo9_540.jpg

How has nintendo managed to make the switch so tiny? Then again just look at this & also factor in 30 game cartridges each of which is about as large as the nes classic. This shrinkage occurred over 30 years though so it's a bit more understandable than the switch compared to Wii U.

tumblr_ol2h7fvyMF1rr6e7xo9_540.jpg
most of the Classic is just empty space yknow

much like NES carts were, in fact

most of the Classic is just empty space yknow

much like NES carts were, in fact
Yeah I'm still taking that into account though. Many nes game boards only took up less than half the space but some later games & unlicensed boards took up most of the case. That was what was so great about the NES even though the hardware didn't change the extra chips that could be added on later game boards actually was making the console capable of so much more than what is was capable of in 1985. Super Mario Bros compared to Super Mario Bros 3 I believe is a perfect example. Everything from the graphics to the audio was so much improved. The 6502 CPU was so versatile alongside the PPU in the NES & no one could get more out of them than Nintendo. Programmers for the NES were the best the world has ever seen once you understand what they were working with.

bread's done
Back