Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

What was really grossly expensive was the PS3 at launch. I picked up the $600 60gb one in jan 2007 & resistance fall of man was the best choice in titles & it wasn't anything to write home about. I looked at it as a long term investment & overall it hasn't disappointed still play it to this day. Comparing the switch to this 10 years later & the fact that the switch has the nicest looking screen built in of any dedicated gaming system up to this point & some great games are coming this year makes the $300 price point seem real reasonable from my point of view.
marvel ultimate alliance was a launch title, so if you hadn't already played it on 360 that was probably the best one

What was really grossly expensive was the PS3 at launch. I picked up the $600 60gb one in jan 2007 & resistance fall of man was the best choice in titles & it wasn't anything to write home about. I looked at it as a long term investment & overall it hasn't disappointed still play it to this day. Comparing the switch to this 10 years later & the fact that the switch has the nicest looking screen built in of any dedicated gaming system up to this point & some great games are coming this year makes the $300 price point seem real reasonable from my point of view.
What are these great games coming this year you speak of? Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey are the only games I would consider great. Xenoblade is not coming out this year. Let that pipe dream go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What are these great games coming this year you speak of? Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey are the only games I would consider great. Xenoblade is not coming out this year. Let that pipe dream go.

exactly, except zelda is also on wii u, mario kart is a port, and odyssey isn't coming out until this holiday at the earliest.

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count. Mario in the hood and Xenoblade Muppet Baby Edition don't look that good either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Color scheme? I like the gray personally just because I like uniformity among my consoles. I have a white Xbox One S and it kills me.

The neon is nice and vibrant and the matte choice is the good choice compared to glossy finish. If you like the colors, you will not be disappointed in person.8
Did you find the alternate red/blue distracting in handheld mode? It seems fine for MK8, but it seems like it would contrast with BotW, and especially Splatoon 2.

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count. Mario in the hood and Xenoblade Muppet Baby Edition don't look that good either.
They sure as hell do count. Especially for many of us who skipped on the Wii U.

I'm looking forward to some more ports of Wii U games this first year -- that should make the Switch a hit for someone like me, whose last Nintendo console was the Gamecube.

There are lots of excellent games releasing this year:

6pagkooipaey.png

If there's not enough for you to justify the $300 purchase yet, just wait until there is. I see at least a dozen games I'm planning to buy in 2017, depending on if a few get physical releases.

Zelda and Mario Kart don't really count.
Yes they do. Less so if you have a Wii U, but it doesn't change the fact that both will be available with their best versions on the Switch.

exactly, except zelda is also on wii u, mario kart is a port, and odyssey isn't coming out until this holiday at the earliest.
Yeah let's be honest I'm buying the system cause I'm a gaming nerd that can't live without having the latest and greatest on release date. Nintendo's showing with the Switch is pretty depressing. I am going to love playing some Zelda though. Plus I have an Xbox one and a PS4 as well so I'll have other stuff to play. I just don't get why people make it seem like Nintendo is releasing some amazing innovative system that will have all these games. It won't. It will have a couple (2-3) great games a year. That's it.

6pagkooipaey.png

If there's not enough for you to justify the $300 purchase yet, just wait until there is. I see at least a dozen games I'm planning to buy in 2017, depending on if a few get physical releases.

Yes they do. Less so if you have a Wii U, but it doesn't change the fact that both will be available with their best versions on the Switch.
You're right. 95% of those games are useless to me. They are mostly available on other systems or not even worth the time to play. I'm an adult with kids. I'm very greedy with the time I spend on games.

You're right. 95% of those games are useless to me. They are mostly available on other systems or not even worth the time to play. I'm an adult with kids. I'm very greedy with the time I spend on games.

With that being said I'm still hyped for the Switch release. Probably gonna to to a midnight opening with my daughter. It's going to be here first time going to a midnight system release and I'm really excited to share that with her. I always loved midnight system launches. Always met fun and awesome people.

I am really curious to see if we get Dragon Quest X on the Switch in NA.  The thought of grinding MMO levels playing DQ on my Nintendo gets me rock hard. 

6pagkooipaey.png

I am getting a Switch, but can't say I am interested in a large chunk of those games. I am buying the Switch for the first-party titles. I also don't think we will get both Xeonblade 2 and Mario this year, one of those will most definitely be delayed.

I understand what you're saying, as I am also a parent. However, here is what I love about the Switch; If I want to play PES on PS4, my son can simply play the Switch in handheld mode. We did this with the Wii U, and it was perfect.

I, as an adult, am getting BotW, MK8D, Snipperclips, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario Odyssey this year. My son will obviously play those games, too, but he is also excited about several other titles that I have no interest in.

All things considered, though, had I not gotten more for my Wii U than I paid for it, I wouldn't be getting the Switch at launch. It was very close to a straight swap.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/nintendo-on-possibility-of-switch-hardware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.
"... people who have been traditionally Nintendo handheld gamers ... they may buy Nintendo Switch and then for example, if a new version were to come out later, then maybe they would decide to upgrade to that."

You know damn well we'll upgrade to that you bastard.

Also if they release a "Joycon Pro" with classic grip handles and/or d-pad, I'll buy that immediately.

I understand what you're saying, as I am also a parent. However, here is what I love about the Switch; If I want to play PES on PS4, my son can simply play the Switch in handheld mode. We did this with the Wii U, and it was perfect.

I, as an adult, am getting BotW, MK8D, Snipperclips, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario Odyssey this year. My son will obviously play those games, too, but he is also excited about several other titles that I have no interest in.

All things considered, though, had I not gotten more for my Wii U than I paid for it, I wouldn't be getting the Switch at launch. It was very close to a straight swap.
My kids have no interest in Nintendo, Xbox, or PS4. They play games on their tablets. Bought them both 3ds' and they never used them. Actually trading those to buy the Switch. Apple has taken a large mind share of kids and gaming.

Here's a neat picture showing Switch size comparison:

handheld-sizes.png

Look at the GBA vs the Switch. Absolutely mind blowing. GBA was hands down my favorite Xmas gift I ever got as a kid, I was so impressed by that thing. Upgrading from a regular Gameboy in 2001 I felt like I had the hottest piece of technology that ever existed. The idea of something like the Switch seemed unfathomable, almost still does.

Also lol look at the Wii U Gamepad. I love ya, but you're a clunky piece of sh**.

I never had an issue with the Wii U Gamepad, (well besides battery life lawl).   I thought it was surprisingly comfortable to hold and had a good weight. 

Am I the only one that is really only buying the Switch at launch to play  1 2 Switch and check out the new hardware?  

I have a Wii U so I feel like I can't say Zelda is a reason.

All those flashy pictures of titles don't mean shit. It's pretty deceptive and scummy on Nintendo's part. If you just made a list of those games it wouldn't impress anyone with sense.

I never had an issue with the Wii U Gamepad, (well besides battery life lawl). I thought it was surprisingly comfortable to hold and had a good weight.
Oh yeah, I agree. I have giant hands, so it is easily the most comfortable controller I've ever held. My lady has also accidentally catapulted it against the wall a few times and dropped it dozens more, and it's indestructible. However, it actually looks like something that is meant to be tossed around by a child. This is what I assume people see when I try to show it off to them:

VTech-InnoTab-Boy-2.jpg

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/nintendo-on-possibility-of-switch-hardware-upgrades

Nintendo is open to hardware and joycon revisions. That's good for those who want to wait for the proverbial Switch lite or New Switch. Also for early adopters who want to get update joycons later. Crosses fingers for gold color & classic D-pad joycon.
Of course they will. It'll be down the line though. The possibilities of special edition consoles on top of that is exciting. Pikachu Yellow anyone?

Also Lol at those guys that said hardware upgrades for the Switch wasn't a possibility.

My kids have no interest in Nintendo, Xbox, or PS4. They play games on their tablets. Bought them both 3ds' and they never used them. Actually trading those to buy the Switch. Apple has taken a large mind share of kids and gaming.

My daughter is an avid 3ds player, she really gets into the Wii and Wii U as well. Don't get me wrong she uses her iPad as well but I very rarely buy any games. I have a plethora of games to play with console wise, so she really doesn't get bored with that.

With that said she is getting her own switch, debating if I should keep my third order for my son. He's only four and he already treats his innopad and leap pad like crap.

My daughter is an avid 3ds player, she really gets into the Wii and Wii U as well. Don't get me wrong she uses her iPad as well but I very rarely buy any games. I have a plethora of games to play with console wise, so she really doesn't get bored with that.

With that said she is getting her own switch, debating if I should keep my third order for my son. He's only four and he already treats his innopad and leap pad like crap.
I want to do the same. I keep pushing traditional consoles on them. I'm buying one for myself and one for each of my kids. Deal breaker would be if there is no game sharing like on Xbox and PS4. One digital copy to use on two system would be nice.

Any chance you wanna adopt me? I'm potty trained, plus I can cook and clean. If you get me my own Switch I'll even call you daddy.

Am I the only one that is really only buying the Switch at launch to play 1 2 Switch and check out the new hardware?

I have a Wii U so I feel like I can't say Zelda is a reason.
Yes, yes you are, and it's fine. I just want to take zelda on the go.... Work, trips, vacations, etc. With the Switch, Vita and 3DS, my next flight will not be boring.

I don't know how this can be taken as good news. Nintendo is always selling people the latest version of their plastic and people just eat it up for some reason. To me, it's just another reminder that you're never safe because early adopters get screwed, there's always more plastic controllers to buy, and the next big hardware revision is always right around the corner. Issues that you don't get with the other systems. The LE 3DS systems are very cool, but Nintendo doesn't offer other nice limited edition hardware or peripherals.

The Switch hasn't come out yet and people are getting excited over Nintendo already publicly discussing monetizing more plastic in the future. I really don't understand it.

So there's a ten dollar price difference between Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch vs PS4. $40 on NS, $30 on PS4. And then there's the rumor of Lego Worlds doing the same thing, $10 price difference on Switch vs the other platforms.

I hope this price difference thing stops right here. That's ridiculous imo. If the norm becomes "it's more expensive cause there is a console AND a handheld version that needs to be developed for," that's just the devs charging more because they think they can get away with it. Its disgusting and a ripoff.

Has Been Heroes is a definite buy for me at $19.99 then. Its the same price across all platforms. Eff off to Bomberman and Tetris being $40-$50. They should be $30 max / end rant

So there's a ten dollar price difference between Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch vs PS4. $40 on NS, $30 on PS4. And then there's the rumor of Lego Worlds doing the same thing, $10 price difference on Switch vs the other platforms.
The physical version is a limited edition that comes with Tetris and Puyo Puyo keychains, that's why it's $10 more.

I don't know how this can be taken as good news. Nintendo is always selling people the latest version of their plastic and people just eat it up for some reason. To me, it's just another reminder that you're never safe because early adopters get screwed, there's always more plastic controllers to buy, and the next big hardware revision is always right around the corner. Issues that you don't get with the other systems. The LE 3DS systems are very cool, but Nintendo doesn't offer other nice limited edition hardware or peripherals.

The Switch hasn't come out yet and people are getting excited over Nintendo already publicly discussing monetizing more plastic in the future. I really don't understand it.
I'm not sure why you don't see the same comparison with the other 2 systems? Xbox One had multiple controller revisions, an elite controller, a slim console, and a future pro version. Playstation has a slim and pro model now along with a new controller revision.

PS4 Pro and Scorpio?

Why are people acting like E3 isn't going to happen?

Nintendo is notorious for announcing games on E3 that come out that very year

while MS & Sony are showing you games you'll play 3 years from now.  :whistle2:

Why are people acting like E3 isn't going to happen?
Nintendo is notorious for announcing games on E3 that come out that very year
while MS & Sony are showing you games you'll play 3 years from now. :whistle2:
Nintendo is also notorious for taking forever to develop games. Come on man.

Crap....just remembered that 1: I have prime and 2: preorder discounts..... just added Bomberman R (I am a sucker for Bomberman) and Puyo Tetris since preordering them knocked off around $10 each.

I'm supposed to be saving money

6pagkooipaey.png
Later in 2017:

"Xenoblade, slated for 2017 release, will be delayed until 2018." -- Nintendo.

The following year ...

"Xenoblade, slated for 2018 release, will be delayed until 2019." -- Nintendo

The following year ...

"Xenoblade will debut on the new Nintendo GameJoy Console in 2020." -- Nintendo

OK, I am basically a "pre-order everything, ask questions later" kind of guy when it comes to new consoles, so hopefully someone will indulge me and answer my couple of questions:

1. If it mostly just me playing, with maybe one of my kids doing co-op/versus from time to time - will I be OK with just the included joy-cons plus a pro controller?

2. why are joy-cons being sold separately for $50 per side? Other than breaking one, what would necessitate buying just one?

3. what do the BotW amiibos being released on the 3rd actually do in the game?

Thanks!

OK, I am basically a "pre-order everything, ask questions later" kind of guy when it comes to new consoles, so hopefully someone will indulge me and answer my couple of questions:

1. If it mostly just me playing, with maybe one of my kids doing co-op/versus from time to time - will I be OK with just the included joy-cons plus a pro controller?

2. why are joy-cons being sold separately for $50 per side? Other than breaking one, what would necessitate buying just one?

Thanks!
1. Yes, you should be more than fine.

2. Money and it's Nintendo. I expect the $80 package to be hard to find thus forcing people into buying two JoyCons separately to spend more money.

3. The Amiibo's mostly collect dust on a shelf, but will add some content to the game. I am not sure what that content is, but if the past Amiibo support is any indication it won't be worthwhile content.

First console preorder here as well. Definitely can not wait to hold in my hands and to get lost in BotW.
I'm curious at how "lost" you can get in BotW.

From the videos I've seen, yes, it is a large world...but there's tons of open, flat world.

I'm looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4. That's looking to be a huge world to get lost in too.

Thanks!
1. should be fine from my understanding with the joy grip.

2. I highly recommend buying the package joy-cons for $80, like the other poster said they will be most be hard to find later

3. it isn't the breath of wild amiibo since I've haven't seen any note on what they might do yet but the 30th anniversary amiibo will do something. http://nintendo.tumblr.com/post/153959693594/the-legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-are

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/2/13825180/legend-of-zelda-30th-anniversary-amiibo-breath-of-the-wild-function

bread's done
Back