Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

I really don't want to start a platform war, but -
Nice...

But yeah, I don't want another huge-ass argument either, so that is the last thing I'll say on the matter.
Nice...

You can't fix a lack of objectivity, so you're right.
Uh-oh...

PC gamers just like buying tons of cheap trash games on Steam and then never play them. The most gaming they do is when they start a game so they can get excited that they can run it at the highest quality and then they post on Reddit about it to make themselves feel important and special.
Gah! No! Quick, take it back before it snowballs and we have to nuke another thread!

PC elitists cannot be reasoned with.
I'm just going to point out the obvious that not all pc gamers are the same.

I'm completely aware that pc gaming won't be beaten by any console device but I am excited waiting for the Nintendo Switch.

The unique portable features of the Switch makes it a great second device along with my pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC gamers just like buying tons of cheap trash games on Steam and then never play them. The most gaming they do is when they start a game so they can get excited that they can run it at the highest quality and then they post on Reddit about it to make themselves feel important and special.
:applause:

I'm completely aware that pc gaming won't be beaten by any console device but I am excited waiting for the Nintendo Switch.

The unique portable features of the Switch makes it a great second device along with my pc.
He said PC elitists, not PC gamers. PC elitists are no different than console fanboys. They tend to be vitriolic toward anyone who doesn't share the same preferences as them.

PC gamers just like to attack console gamers and try to act superior. They also ruin Switch threads. There are a lot though and some, I assume, are good people

I'd love to see you troll the GameFAQs PC forum with this post

Wait... are you guys actually buying the Switch? lol plebs. You can build your own gaming tablet and just wait for Switch to be cracked and the OS to be sacked and the code to be hacked. Zelda is gonna look so good on my 8k tablet  :cool:

(real talk though... my computer won't even run Transistor)

Wait... are you guys actually buying the Switch? lol plebs. You can build your own gaming tablet and just wait for Switch to be cracked and the OS to be sacked and the code to be hacked. Zelda is gonna look so good on my 8k tablet :cool:

(real talk though... my computer won't even run Transistor)
Your post reminded me of all the people buying controllers attachments for their phones and tablets just to play Minecraft or the few phone games that supported controllers.

The Switch is a dream come true for anyone wanting with a web browser and other standard tablet features a true game tablet.

I really don't want to start a platform war, but -

It's not because they want to shove their way of life on you, but they are trying to show you that it is more cost effective than a console. That's all they really want to do. The only two real reasons to play on a console are to play its exclusives or because your friends are on there. Any other reason is easily debunked.

So in other words, if you want a PC elitist to leave you alone, just tell them you play games with your friends and they all happen to also be on that said console.
i play on consoles for the convenience, i think that's one of the most important factors along with exclusives. some of us aren't tech savvy enough to build a gaming rig under 2k and buying prebuilt is usually more expensive than a console if you want to play the latest games.

then there's updates, consoles does it automatically when i'm asleep... i don't have to go out of my way to find the right drivers to make everything work.

that being said, i do have a custom gaming desktop if i ever felt the need to play a pc game which hasn't happen yet. i have no interest playing minecraft at 4k when there's games like nioh on the ps4.

i play on consoles for the convenience, i think that's one of the most important factors along with exclusives. some of us aren't tech savvy enough to build a gaming rig under 2k and buying prebuilt is usually more expensive than a console if you want to play the latest games.

then there's updates, consoles does it automatically when i'm asleep... i don't have to go out of my way to find the right drivers to make everything work.

that being said, i do have a custom gaming desktop if i ever felt the need to play a pc game which hasn't happen yet. i have no interest playing minecraft at 4k when there's games like nioh on the ps4.
mOaWmUK.gif

So I got the Switch pre-ordered at Best Buy's website and the master editon of BOTW pre-ordered on Amazon and since my Best Buy is doing a midnight launch should I take the risk and just get them there? Since best buy's website won't let me switch to a in store pick up.

So I got the Switch pre-ordered at Best Buy's website and the master editon of BOTW pre-ordered on Amazon and since my Best Buy is doing a midnight launch should I take the risk and just get them there? Since best buy's website won't let me switch to a in store pick up.
There's a 99.9% chance you won't be able to get the Master Edition at BB if you didn't preorder it there.

If you're that desperate to get it at midnight, just buy the console and game in-store and then return the copy from inside of your Master Edition when it comes.

^ This was case with all my bundled/LE Nintendo games on 3DS & Wii U. It's a small little box on the Wii U cases though. Probably easily overlooked, so...perhaps the switch will be similar.

If you're that desperate to get it at midnight, just buy the console and game in-store and then return the copy from inside of your Master Edition when it comes.
Like someone else said, the copy inside will definitely say 'not for resale', so that won't work.

^ This was case with all my bundled/LE Nintendo games on 3DS & Wii U. It's a small little box on the Wii U cases though. Probably easily overlooked, so...perhaps the switch will be similar.
It will be missing the barcode, though. Without that the game wouldn't be able to be accepted as a return.

pTRU1-24671025enh-z6.jpg

I have one pre-ordered from Target and Amazon, when will I know if either plan to fulfill that order?

Target says in process and Amazon says not shipped.

That hasn't been my experience with the Limited/Collector's editions of games I have bought that have included the physical game. They always have a Not For Resale sign where the barcode goes.
I only have a few non-Nintendo LEs/CEs & none of them are open so..I don't really know how other companies do it but this is how Nintendo does them on the Wii U:
[attachment=25529:image.jpg]
Actually, the only Wii U games from CEs/bundles I have that are not like this are the Nintendo World exclusives. They don't even have the not for resale sign apparently now that I look.
I don't have many 3Ds games from CEs or bundles but, the only one missing a barcode is Megaman: Legacy collection. So I guess third party CEs on Nintendo systems potentially all lack barcodes, as the rest of mine are first party.

I only have a few non-Nintendo LEs/CEs & none of them are open so..I don't really know how other companies do it but this is how Nintendo does them on the Wii U:
Actually, the only Wii U games from CEs/bundles I have that are not like this are the Nintendo World exclusives. They don't even have the not for resale sign apparently now that I look.
I don't have many 3Ds games from CEs or bundles but, the only one missing a barcode is Megaman: Legacy collection. So I guess third party CEs on Nintendo systems potentially all lack barcodes, as the rest of mine are first party.
You're right. I just looked at my Skyward Sword CE and the case does have the barcode. Seems Nintendo does do that with their own games. I got confused because just recently I looked at the ZombiU case that was bundled with the first Wii U I bought, and it didn't have it. But that was a Ubi game, so they probably had a hand in that.

All my PlayStation LE/CE always have the barcode missing as well, so that's why I thought that. But you're right. It seems Nintendo does keep the barcode on their games. Would be interesting to see if the OP could return the game to the store after all.

You're right. I just looked at my Skyward Sword CE and the case does have the barcode. Seems Nintendo does do that with their own games. I got confused because just recently I looked at the ZombiU case that was bundled with the first Wii U I bought, and it didn't have it. But that was a Ubi game, so they probably had a hand in that.

All my PlayStation LE/CE always have the barcode missing as well, so that's why I thought that. But you're right. It seems Nintendo does keep the barcode on their games. Would be interesting to see if the OP could return the game to the store after all.
Huh. Interesting. Strange how different companies work..I wonder why Nintendo wouldn't do the same, yet still bother with the "not for resale" text.

If you end up trying to return it OP, let us know how it goes lol.

Whoever Lazy_Haar is on GameFaqs should be ashamed for ruining the fun.

I liked this quote:
"Which alt is OP? Is it liberal agenda, snkboi or don? OR ARE THEY ALL THE SAME."

Whoever Lazy_Haar is on GameFaqs should be ashamed for ruining the fun.
Yeah, what a jerk. *looks around*

I find it more fun to fan the flames; there's no fun to be had in making easy bait topics. I'm still flabbergasted that people fall for things like that so easily.

I always feel like it will just shut down the topic when the cat is out of the bag lol
I was kind of hoping someone from over there would post over here and cause some chaos. I mean, anyone who was falling for that topic probably wasn't the brightest bulb in the box to begin with, so I felt a bit guilty watching the stupidity without trying to mess with you guys over here, too.

bread's done
Back