Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Well, the Target I work for received 20 Switch consoles today. They come 5 to a box. We will probably receive more by next week. The problem is, we only received 4 Zelda games and 4 pro controllers so far.
Weird question but what are the diminsions on the product box?

I like to keep my console product boxes, but storage space is getting tight XD

Edit: And only 4 fricken Zelda games for Switch?

What the fuck

Last edited by a moderator:
And while Sony does usually give the PS4 and Vita versions of games you bought on PS3 for free, that's them offering good customer service.
It's also worth noting that this is a developer-level decision, not a Sony decision. The platform holder makes this option available, but they don't require it. Sony never waved their hand and made cross-platform purchases standard. Each individual developer decides whether they want to make their game cross-buy or not. There are still some who don't. But most of the savvy developers do. Making a game cross-buy enabled gives the consumer grater confidence in the digital service as a whole.

That said, platform holders frequently don't make such decisions. Even if the ability is made available, such decisions are often up to the developers, not the platform holder.

Ok so the Switch is region free.  My big question is... are people with EU copies of a game going to be able to use in-game internet connectivity with people who buy a US copy? 

You know how on the Playstation an EU version is considered a different game all-together than a NA version, and games don't recognize each other as being the same game. 

Anyone know?  e.g. If I buy EU Mariokart 8 will I be able to play with domestic internet friends that buy NA Mariokart 8? or are they separate SKUs and separate games?

He's assuming right. You're assuming wrong.

He's also in the right place. YOu're in the wrong place.

He's not angry. You're angry that he's pointing out the bs.

He doesn't care if joe schmoe doesn't buy it. He just wonders why they are here if they aren't interested.

He is not sensitive to criticism. You are being defensive to being called out.

This is a pre-order thread 7 days b4 launch. Heaven forbid people are in here that want the Switch and are getting one and don't care to skim over the same overplayed 5 reasons why joe schmoe isn't getting one and all the other bs about why they aren't getting one. No one who is getting a Switch at launch cares except they for the fact they have to weed out all the non-interested posts and would rather talk about the games and the Switch and pre-orders with fellow launch goers.

Maybe if you all non-interested people start your posts with "NOT INTERESTED" then we could easily skip over your bitching and moaning and your noble stances on why you aren't getting one at launch.
1.If you can prove any of those guys didn't have preorders and are posting just to troll. Then you can say his assumption was correct. Do you want people to post their cancellation email or something? To say they are automatically lying is ridiculous.

2.When you reply to every negative comment like he was he seems angry. You seem more so looking at your post history and constant arguring you have been doing. But you dont care what people think... Right?

3.Everyone posting is in the right place. People on the fence want to outweigh the good and the bad. So the criticism is needed. Not a happy NS circle jerk.

4.What did he call me out on? Im not constantly posting about cancellation of a pre-order like you claim others are. Please quote my post if im forgetting that I did.

5. Yes this is a preorder thread. Heaven forbid someone had a change of heart and opted out of buying one a week out. People like you ordered day one and knew you'd like it no matter what. Alot of people preordered with the wait and see notion. If you didn't care about them not keeping there orders. You two wouldn't be complaining about it. It's simple. Criticism doesn't make you a troll.

6. Trust me I get your point that you only want to see post you like, but this is a forum and those guys are on topic. Put them on ignore if you must.

kinda worrying that so many reviewers are reporting issues with the left joycons, really hope it's patchable

Well, the Target I work for received 20 Switch consoles today. They come 5 to a box. We will probably receive more by next week. The problem is, we only received 4 Zelda games and 4 pro controllers so far.
Lol, so instead of short stocking the system, they are going to short stock the game? Jeez. Can already see the posts on the front page "LoZ: BoTW now in stock at BBY, GET IT FAST".

if they don't feel the need to get one at launch, then why would they spend their time in a preorder thread sounding like a broken record?

unless you're telling me they're unproductive with their time and continue to post their feelings like this is some sort of blog and we're suppose to care...

this reminds me, there's always that one friend who bitch about everything and brings the whole group down and you're like "why the **** are you here?" and they're like "what, i can't be here?"

"no stupid, open your ****ing eyes and use your brain. you're bringing the atmosphere down with your bitching and whining. you'll probably have a better time jerking off in your mom's basement while talking shit on a forum in a preorder thread for something you don't even want."

that sort of friend that we're all ashamed of having.
Yeah If one guy is constantly repeating it just to troll. I totally understand. This looks like multiple people saying the same thing. Correct me if im wrong though.

Weird question but what are the diminsions on the product box?

I like to keep my console product boxes, but storage space is getting tight XD

Edit: And only 4 fricken Zelda games for Switch?

What the fuck
They need to get rid of their stock of 1 2 Switch first. "Well, all out of Zelda? Better get something for the system I just spent $300 on."

Valid criticisim is one thing. But valid criticisim requires actual deliberation. It requires thought, logic, and supporting evidence. It can't just be a matter of opinion.

Being enthusiastic about a launch is natural. There's a certain amount of hype and excitement that always goes into such an event. It's easy to get wrapped up in this excitement, and perhaps set aside some of the informed critique that you might otherwise engage in. A little well-meaning criticism can actually be helpful in such a situation, bringing some much-needed realism to the participants. Proper criticism can help to temper expectations, and prevent people from getting too wrapped up in the hype.

I try to keep my critique of the situation in this vein. People ought to be a bit more realistic about what they expect from a launch. Launches are the worst time to purchase any video game platform. By necessity the game selection is the smallest that it will ever be at launch. Even a console with a stellar launch-lineup will still have fewer games at launch than at any other time. The potential for hardware issues is also highest at launch. We certainly saw that with the Xbox 360. (just one example, if one of the more notorious) The rumors of left Joycon syncing issues hints at such hiccups. Hopefully this is something that can be sorted out through software, but it is typical of launch hardware difficulties. And long-term viability is rarely determined at launch, so you're always gambling on the future of the system. It may get big and have great support. Or it may tank and have very little support, you don't know. None of us know. I've been quite good at predicting such trends and even I don't know.

All that said, I'm not cancelling my pre-order. This is partially due to Nintendo's long-term track record. When it comes to hardware, they've always been great. They just make sturdy systems with low failure rates, it's always been one of their hallmarks. And their track record on software speaks for itself. They're still in this market because they are responsible for some of the greatest games of all time. And their games are on their hardware platforms. As much as some consumers lament this fact, I'm fine with it.

They need to get rid of their stock of 1 2 Switch first. "Well, all out of Zelda? Better get something for the system I just spent $300 on."
Haha I know that's a joke but...

People wouldn't do that...would they?

I mean, LoZ: BotW is a single player campaign game. 1,2 Switch is...something else entirely.

I can't see anyone who's actually interested in LoZ make that switch.

Haha I know that's a joke but...

People wouldn't do that...would they?

I mean, LoZ: BotW is a single player campaign game. 1,2 Switch is...something else entirely.

I can't see anyone who's actually interested in LoZ make that switch.
It was a joke. Then again if it's bought for someone's kid, some parents would be like it's this or nothing.

1.If you can prove any of those guys didn't have preorders and are posting just to troll. Then you can say his assumption was correct. Do you want people to post their cancellation email or something? To say they are automatically lying is ridiculous.

2.When you reply to every negative comment like he was he seems angry. You seem more so looking at your post history and constant arguring you have been doing. But you dont care what people think... Right?

3.Everyone posting is in the right place. People on the fence want to outweigh the good and the bad. So the criticism is needed. Not a happy NS circle jerk.

4.What did he call me out on? Im not constantly posting about cancellation of a pre-order like you claim others are. Please quote my post if im forgetting that I did.

5. Yes this is a preorder thread. Haven forbid someone had a change of heart and opted out of buying one a week out. People like you ordered day one and knew you'd like it no matter what. Alot of people preordered with the wait and see notion. If you didn't care about them not keeping there orders. You two wouldn't be complaining about it. It's simple. Criticism doesn't make you a troll.

6. Trust me I get your point that you only want to see post you like, but this is a forum and those guys are on topic. Put them on ignore if you must.
God you're naive.

I don't understand why this is turning into a huge heated argument. I only posted about my and my bros cancellations to let people here know that some Switc systems may become available. As a Wii U owner who still uses the system regularly I truly dont see the value in the purchase of this system at launch. I can think of much better ways To spend $300-$400, but to each their own tho.

I don't understand why this is turning into a huge heated argument. I only posted about my and my bros cancellations to let people here know that some Switc systems may become available. As a Wii U owner who still uses the system regularly I truly dont see the value in the purchase of this system at launch. I can think of much better ways To spend $300-$400, but to each their own tho.
Because their are like ~5 fanboys in here that don't like their Nintendo hype being diminished by people having adult conversations.

It's the same old song and dance. People give their honest opinions or feelings on something, and when others don't agree, all hell breaks loose. If I was spending my hard earned cash on anything I want to spend it on, I wouldn't give a damn what others happen to think on the subject.

If someone is buying the NS, great. If others are not, that's great to. Either side, for or against should be allowed to voice their own thoughts on the matter. My issue here or any place for that matter, is when guys try to bully others, and tell them to leave or to stop. If users are being polite and cool with the conversations, it's all good.

I have been thinking about canceling my pre order. Not as excited as I first was, I have a huge backlog as it is, and Amazon cancelled my Zelda Master Edition. These 3 factors are weighing heavy on my decision. Just started playing World of Final Fantasy and by me only being able to play maybe 2 hours a day, I might not get to Zelda for some time.

I have been thinking about canceling my pre order. Not as excited as I first was, I have a huge backlog as it is, and Amazon cancelled my Zelda Master Edition. These 3 factors are weighing heavy on my decision. Just started playing World of Final Fantasy and by me only being able to play maybe 2 hours a day, I might not get to Zelda for some time.
That's what I was wondering. How many people are going to be soured and cancel their Switch because of an Amazon.com Master Edition cancellation?

According to that Amazon source in the Zelda thread it was only 1235 people cancelled on, and 2900 units still filling orders. We certainly seem to have a large amount of these buyers on CAG.

That's what I was wondering. How many people are going to be soured and cancel their Switch because of an Amazon.com Master Edition cancellation?

According to that Amazon source in the Zelda thread it was only 1235 people cancelled on, and 2900 units still filling orders. We certainly seem to have a large amount of these buyers on CAG.
Amazon canceling my Master Edition is probably the icing on the cake. It just soured my anticipation for the Switch. I definitely want one, and will get one eventually, but I just don't think I need one now.

Dude be real. It's not like your switch cancellation translates into something someone here can actually take advantage of.

I mean, sure let folks know it's cancelled if you really think it might help someone, but you don't need to justify your cancellation to anyone. It's always a massive risk to buy launch systems... it's not like your reasons are any different than any other reasons ever given for any other system ever released. Most systems aren't worth getting at launch. Some like the Xbox 360 ended up with massive hardware issues (RROD!). Probably the only system I somewhat regret not getting was the 3DS... and that was ONLY because of the Ambassador program. Still... that's the only reason I regret it... it took years before I felt the library was actually worth my attention.

I know this was a couple of pages back, so VC isn't available at launch, but Fast RMX and Shovel Knight will be??

Wanna make sure I got it right, cuz I'm looking forward to Fast RMX.

Anyone know if they have a price on it already?

I was wondering what people are seeing that preordered from Target for delivery date ?  Does anyone actually see 3/3 ?  I have "expected arrival Mon, Mar 6 - Thu, Mar 9"

I know this was a couple of pages back, so VC isn't available at launch, but Fast RMX and Shovel Knight will be??

Wanna make sure I got it right, cuz I'm looking forward to Fast RMX.

Anyone know if they have a price on it already?
They're not Virtual Console games, so they should be fine so long as their respective developers don't delay them between now and March 3rd.

I was wondering what people are seeing that preordered from Target for delivery date ? Does anyone actually see 3/3 ? I have "expected arrival Mon, Mar 6 - Thu, Mar 9"
Is your pre-order under orders? I'm not seeing mine. I thought I pre-ordered 2nd one from Target...

It's also worth noting that this is a developer-level decision, not a Sony decision. The platform holder makes this option available, but they don't require it. Sony never waved their hand and made cross-platform purchases standard. Each individual developer decides whether they want to make their game cross-buy or not. There are still some who don't. But most of the savvy developers do. Making a game cross-buy enabled gives the consumer grater confidence in the digital service as a whole.

That said, platform holders frequently don't make such decisions. Even if the ability is made available, such decisions are often up to the developers, not the platform holder.
Definitely. That's why I said Sony and mentioned their games, that they have given PS4 and Vita versions of games they have published on PS3. But I know it's up to the publisher/developer if they want to do that regarding their own specific games.

What I don't like about pre ordering from Target is that they usually don't have release date delivery, then they'll charge you a couple days before they even ship, tying up your money if you just want to try a brick and mortar store on release date. So if you want to cancel your pre order with Target, I suggest you do it no later than Sunday.

As excited as I am for the Switch and BotW, I completely understand your situation. If my Master Edition was cancelled it probably would sour me so much that it would actually affect my enthusiasm for the system and the main game. I would be so pissed that I would probably just ignore the launch and get it later. That's why I think Nintendo should make this right. I know it isn't their fault, but still. They should give those who preordered the Master Edition the product. They should find a way to do so.

I was wondering what people are seeing that preordered from Target for delivery date ? Does anyone actually see 3/3 ? I have "expected arrival Mon, Mar 6 - Thu, Mar 9"

expected arrival Tue, Mar 7 - Fri, Mar 10

Mine also shows expected arrival Tue, Mar 7 - Fri, Mar 10
Target fucking sucks. I'm guessing you guys got it there because you have the Red Card, but shit. I rather pay the extra 5% but actually get it at release date. I would be pissed having to wait that long for something I preordered.

So I've never preordered through Target before, has anyone else that has the switch there ?  I'm kind of hoping the calendar is more of a holding place and not accurate.  My head says to cancel and get zelda on wii u since there is nothing else I want this year, my heart says its nintendo and I should buy it day 1.  I know I'll get it eventually, greater question is will there be a deal a year from now on it when another game comes out that I want ?  If splatoon 2 has 4 player split screen I would get that, but I dont like the "exploration" mario games.  

Ok so the Switch is region free. My big question is... are people with EU copies of a game going to be able to use in-game internet connectivity with people who buy a US copy?

You know how on the Playstation an EU version is considered a different game all-together than a NA version, and games don't recognize each other as being the same game.

Anyone know? e.g. If I buy EU Mariokart 8 will I be able to play with domestic internet friends that buy NA Mariokart 8? or are they separate SKUs and separate games?
This is a good question. On PlayStation games from different regions are regarded as separate games, but I believe that on most multiplayer titles you can just select the region's servers you want to play from, so you can have a better connection and a lower ping. This is up to each game to have that option though, as far as I know. And to be honest, I doubt Nintendo will give you that option. :/

So I've never preordered through Target before, has anyone else that has the switch there ? I'm kind of hoping the calendar is more of a holding place and not accurate. My head says to cancel and get zelda on wii u since there is nothing else I want this year, my heart says its nintendo and I should buy it day 1. I know I'll get it eventually, greater question is will there be a deal a year from now on it when another game comes out that I want ? If splatoon 2 has 4 player split screen I would get that, but I dont like the "exploration" mario games.
Target pre-orders are usually good and I would think you get it release day or that Monday coming up. I doubt Nintendo will have any sale even a year from now. It's the reason I decided to just buy it now. Just look at the Wii U, it never really dropped in price.

So I've never preordered through Target before, has anyone else that has the switch there ? I'm kind of hoping the calendar is more of a holding place and not accurate. My head says to cancel and get zelda on wii u since there is nothing else I want this year, my heart says its nintendo and I should buy it day 1. I know I'll get it eventually, greater question is will there be a deal a year from now on it when another game comes out that I want ? If splatoon 2 has 4 player split screen I would get that, but I dont like the "exploration" mario games.
Getting Zelda for the Wii U will probably be the route I go. Does anyone know or think it will be a big visual update from the Wii U to the Switch.

This is why opinions are so great. I can't fathom how someone can't like exploration Mario games when I vastly prefer those to the more linear ones. It's interesting how people can be so different. But yeah, for me exploration/3D hub Mario games are the best. I hold Mario 64 and Sunshine in higher esteem than the Galaxy games. I love the exploration aspect of the former games.

Getting Zelda for the Wii U will probably be the route I go. Does anyone know or think it will be a big visual update from the Wii U to the Switch.
The only differences are 720p vs 900p, Switch looks to have a slightly better draw distance, and is confirmed to have higher quality "environmental sounds".

This is why opinions are so great. I can't fathom how someone can't like exploration Mario games when I vastly prefer those to the more linear ones. It's interesting how people can be so different. But yeah, for me exploration/3D hub Mario games are the best. I hold Mario 64 and Sunshine in higher esteem than the Galaxy games. I love the exploration aspect of the former games.
Yea I totally respect that, I had Mario 64 on launch but just couldn't get into it. I really love the games for the multiplayer aspect, especially since it has become simultaneous. I'm mid 30's so grew up from first grade on w/ the traditional ones. It's cool that Nintendo openly acknowledges the two styles as different and plan accordingly so both groups can get the games they want.

bread's done
Back