Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Sigh, unless a miracle gets pulled tonight. Wont have my Switch tomorrow. Knowing my area, probably wont be Saturday either.

Hopefully I can bitch at Amazon for some credit because I moved my preorder to Amazon specifically to save on shipping.

My son and I are at Best Buy for the midnight release of the Nintendo Switch. I have done the midnight release thing several times. I took my oldest with me to get the Wii from the NY Nintendo store. So BB allowed a "reporter" from 8 bit monkey to tape in store. The comedy bits are fast and furious. I told my son to look around and see that he is a part of gaming/nerd culture and he is offended. He just told me he is surprised there are so many adults here. I reminded him that he is 9 and it is unusual that he is here. He just said we should have brought his brother (broken ankle on crutches) so we could have jumped to the front of the line.

My friend just called to inform me that he got a Pro Controller for me at Walmart. I was surprised considering brickseek said they only had 7. He was also able to get a Zelda SE.

Just got back home from best buy with my switch, and SE zelda. It was pretty cool seeing so many other nintendo fans there. Therr was a lot of people but thankfully they seperated the line for those who pre ordered. There was a lot more people who didn't and that line looked like it barely moved by the time I left. At first the cashier couldn't scan the barcode off of my phone and I got worried but it ended up working out. I was so excited I almost forgot my poster until he reminded me. Hopefully the rest of you guys get your stuff soon! Today is the day!

I have a Switchmas card at least :)

BTuXbKh.jpg

My BB sold out. I am not sure how many non pre orders they had. The manager said they wld receive more stock on Sunday. I hope everyone enjoys their Switch and I hope those who want one can get one.

Gotta say I'm impressed.

Got to Best Buy around 10pm- hadn't preordered- and was mostly scoping out to see how bad things were. Line was maybe 20ish people long. Guy came around a little after that asking if we had preordered; if not you picked what color console and they gave you a ticket. Then said you could leave and come back if you wanted (most stayed). They started letting people in right at 11 to start the checkout process. They still had extra consoles available when they were letting people out at midnight- though I believe they ran out of extra Neon consoles just before people were allowed to venture inside. 

Overall, I expected a complete cluster of an experience and it was about as smooth as it could be. Everyone in line was pleasant, the workers were pleasant and actually seemed cool to be working the midnight launch, everything was orderly. They apparently even had 5 Zelda Special Editions but they went long before I was inside. Only complaint I have is that they blocked off everything but a very small area up front in the store since they only had about 5 workers, and it started to get crowded once the end of the line was inside. They could have done something better.

Edit- one more reason to be surprised BBY was calm: apparently no Walmart around here got any consoles in for the launch. The trucks bringing them in were delayed or something. No preorders, no excess, nothing. I didn't hear anything but I half expect the news to get wind of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The checkout process is horrendous if you want to buy anything. Preorder pickups are fine.
Mine was the exact opposite. All the people without preorders got through the line before even three people got finished in the preorder line. To top it off, I preordered games and went from being 4th in line with a switch in hand to last in the preorder line because no other register or worker could ring up the preorders... frustrating but I got one. Only 45 minutes after I initially got to the register.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went at midnight and picked up my in-store order from BestBuy.  They were great.  One line for walk-in, one line for preorder.  In and out in less than 15 minutes.  There were easily 100+ people there.  Heard someone said they gave out 70 tickets for walk-in sales.

Mine was the exact opposite. All the people without preorders got through the line before even three people got finished in the preorder line. To top it off, I preordered games and went from being 4th in line with a switch in hand to last in the preorder line because no other register or worker could ring up the preorders... frustrating but I got one. Only 45 minutes after I initially got to the register.

I love how there are half as many employees here as during midday when it's slow.

Overall, I expected a complete cluster of an experience and it was about as smooth as it could be. Everyone in line was pleasant, the workers were pleasant and actually seemed cool to be working the midnight launch, everything was orderly. They apparently even had 5 Zelda Special Editions but they went long before I was inside. Only complaint I have is that they blocked off everything but a very small area up front in the store since they only had about 5 workers, and it started to get crowded once the end of the line was inside. They could have done something better.
Yeah, when it's not holiday madness, people can behave themselves much better. LOL I only did one midnight launch for myself and that was for the GameCube, and it was rather easy at that time. I've hung out with friends on a few other occasions, when they where getting systems, and those went pretty smooth to.

tried to get one for a friend through Prime Now, order rejected, apparently my bank is going through some unscheduled maintenance which is fubar'ing their credit auth system, fantastic

people are gonna hate my local walmart.... if brickseek numbers are to be believed, they got 9 units. 5 gray, 4 neon, which sounds like they may be a bit short for preorders. i'll just wait for UPS to bring my boxes of awesome in the afternoon.

Well damn. I got an email from Best Buy stating, "The carrier has indicated that your recently shipped items may not arrive until 03/06/2017." Well, I guess Switch is not arriving tomorrow for me.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Hope you guys got your switches! Mine just arrived at my local FedEx, just waiting for my second one for my friend. Best part though, I live right next to a ups and FedEx airfield so I get my orders super duper early.

Time to put some final rainbow six hours on the ps4, hopefully I won't have to power that up for a good solid couple weeks

Side note, what do you guys think of fast rmx

Well damn. I got an email from Best Buy stating, "The carrier has indicated that your recently shipped items may not arrive until 03/06/2017." Well, I guess Switch is not arriving tomorrow for me.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
Same delayed my switch and SE BoTW until Monday 😠

Well BestBuy and 3 Walmarts on the run tonight and came away empty. Guess there is definitely no Switch for me in the near future.

Realized Walmart is open 24/7 here and went at midnight for the h of it just to see the action and try and get a 2nd Switch. Found a line in the back and was told they had one more left. I was last in line. Got to the front and got one no problem. They had 3-4 left and 2-3 pre-orders that weren't picked up.

Pro controllers sold out. So did Zelda SEs. They had 4-5 of each of those.

Do you happen to know the Walmart SKU for the pro controller?
Sku 55485228

Did your friend preorder or walk in?
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Walked in at 1030pm. Brickseek numbers showed
Neon-10
Gray-28
Pro controller -7

He got a Neon btw. I talked him into it. I told him Neon seems to be harder to find and if he didn't like the colors, I'd Switch him the Gray ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I gave in and grabbed one.

Kind of funny, the last couple weeks every time I traded in games the GS employee who I always see now kept telling me they "had one for me" as long as I showed up. Literal winks and nods. So I went tonight, got there about 12:05 and saw a couple lines(about 15 or so people total) waiting, thought to myself oh well and was getting ready to leave when my GS pal said "hey you are supposed to be in this line" and just went and grabbed me a neon Switch. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Pays to be personable sometimes, there were quite a few people who had been waiting since like 6 o clock today who got nothing. Now to see if I can find a screen protector so I can actually play it.

Same experience here: preorder line was the one that was having trouble. If you didn't preorder, they had 2 bins, one for each color, behind the counter and you picked up your games and accessories from one storage rack before you got to the register. If you DID pre-order they had to find your specific order with all the items.

Yeah, when it's not holiday madness, people can behave themselves much better. LOL I only did one midnight launch for myself and that was for the GameCube, and it was rather easy at that time. I've hung out with friends on a few other occasions, when they where getting systems, and those went pretty smooth to.
It was just absolutely the opposite of what I expected. Since this was the first console launch I went to, I wasn't sure to expect. But this wasn't like one of the amiibo restocks where craziness reigned supreme. I think the fact that the store employees were pleasant really made things better. If the employees hadn't said you could leave and come back once you got a ticket or if they'd kept us outside until 12 instead of 11, I think things would have gotten a lot worse.

Got one off of PrimeNow! It's Neon but who cares! Also ran to Gamestop right after to grab my controller and they had one Zelda SE left, and I impulse bought it! I'M PUMPED

P.S. Amazon can still go  fuck itself

anyone have confirmation one way or the other yet on if Setsuna JP has actual english menus etc and not just english dialog?

bread's done
Back