No love for deus ex human revolution? Release date 8-23

Just finished it last night. Damn. Good stuff. Last level was pretty easy, but I am sooo tempted to go back and play again already.

Ever since I completed the
Montreal
mission, I've been randomly taking damage when I am out and about
in the return to Detroit
. Is this normal?

Finally got around to beating this game yesterday, and here's some of my thoughts (without going into a wall o' text*):

The story, for me, was pretty well done. Not the most amazing thing I've experienced - but certainly far from the worst. It started off strong, wavered a bit for me at about the halfway point (probably closer to the 60-66% mark, to be accurate), and definitely picked back up towards the end. Of course, it ended in the way that I'd expect a Deus Ex game to, with
each "group" vying for your support while making the "big decision" at the end

The combat in Human Revolution is far superior to the other games in the series, as I hardly ever experienced any problems with the controls being clunky or troublesome (though I wish a lethal and non-lethal takedown did not share the same button). I think playing the game in complete stealth really tested the quality of controls, and I was pleasantly surprised with how fluid the movement was in and out of cover.

The dialog and voice acting were just fine. Starting the game off, I felt like I would grow tired of Jensen's voice pretty quickly - but it grew on me over time. The other characters in the game - Pritchard, Sarif, Malik, etc. - were also well done. The conversation system is ten times better with the social augmentation - to the point that I really can't believe that it's not mandatory that you obtain it, or that you don't start out with it.

The presentation in this game is what receives my highest praise. The way each area in the game had its own distinct look and vibe really made the idea of me running back and forth and back and forth (and back and forth...) between main missions and side missions much less annoying, because it was so nice looking at the landscape and the environment.

I have to commend the team at Eidos Interactive for choosing a late August release date for this game. It was literally the perfect time to get this game out this year, and I think this game benefits greatly from it. They didn't try to compete with an insanely Shooter-heavy Fall lineup, and they didn't attempt to go head-to-head with Skyrim. Better than that, they did not try to release the game in early 2012 - which would have absolutely destroyed any chances of me playing the game. Its spot for this year got us out of one of the biggest summer gaming droughts that I can remember, and introduced us to the first of many quality games for the rest of the year.

No second playthrough for me, probably. The achievements I'm missing don't exactly work together (I kind of want to go through the direct opposite of a Pacifist playthrough now, but I got screwed out of Foxiest of Hounds) and they are very much spaced out - so I'd basically have to throw in another 30 hours just to get 180 points. Time is way too precious this Fall for me to worry about achievement points, and I think the game had a big enough impact on me the first time around.

Overall, I'm happy with the time I spent with the game. I'd definitely recommend it to just about any RPG fan, and I certainly agree with the reviews that place the game right at, or right below, a 9.0 :cool:

*maybe I lied about the whole "no wall o' text" thing

I've got a ton of weapon upgrades, what weapon should I use them on? I was going to use them on the shotgun, but I've found the lack of range can really hurt me in most battles.

Something about this type of game just doesn't do it for me. I'm sticking with it for the story but I felt the same way about Fallout 3. At least in this the combat is interesting. I think its the lack of hands in first person view when you aren't holding a gun. It's probably like that because of the original.

If you pre ordered the game from Amazon be on the look out for an extra $10 promotional credit. They advertised the promo credit to be $20 but only sent out a $10 credit. I got an email tonight with a $10 amazon gift card in it.

So I think I finished China
I talked to the CEO chick and snuck out to the hangar, now I'm at the news station and they sprung the trap on me.

Has anyone successfully snuck past ALL the mercs there on Give Me Deus Ex?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Wow, the price on this tanked fast...[/QUOTE]

Well, if by "tanked" you mean it went on sale around the same time after release as Portal 2, Alice, etc. then, yeah. But unless the MSRP is now $39.99 or less, it certainly didn't tank. In fact, with the lead time necessary for games to be shown on sale in a weekly ad like TRU, it pretty much had to have been planned from launch to do this since sales figures wouldn't have been available yet.

finally beat it on PC on give me a challenge

was one of the best single player games ive played in a while. a lot of the game i was a like solid snake owning people from the back hehe
give it a 9 out of 10 not taking off any for the endings
was tough but ended up blowing everything up since i didnt like any of the other 3 choices hehe :)

i might do a 2nd play through on the hardest setting and just go rambo style but a lot of games are coming out soon. :)

bread's done
Back