No love for deus ex human revolution? Release date 8-23

I've had this pre-ordered for a while now and can't wait for Tuesday. I was gonna get this for the PC but I'm just going with the Augmented 360 for the soundtrack and worthless achievements. I'll stick more to PC after i build a new rig or I'll just get it during a crazy steam sale again.

I had $10 rewards to best buy and thought about maybe using that towards DE:HR. But, then I saw this video.

http://youtu.be/RP_AFPp6lEs

If this is in any way shape or form even 1% reflective of the true gameplay experience, count me the fuck out. It's glitchy, jumpy, and extremely disorienting. I kind of defended 1st person over 3rd person view on this one (note, I've never played a DE game before), but this ruined it.

I'm out.
south_park_cartman_screw_you_guys_Ask_a_Dannyl-s276x270-114676-475.jpg

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']:hot:[/QUOTE]

That is more than likely footage from the leaked beta.

I played it a few weeks ago and it is severely missing polish and the voice synch is off. The graphics also aren't where they need to be which I expect to change when the full game is released.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I had $10 rewards to best buy and thought about maybe using that towards DE:HR. But, then I saw this video.

If this is in any way shape or form even 1% reflective of the true gameplay experience, count me the fuck out. It's glitchy, jumpy, and extremely disorienting. I kind of defended 1st person over 3rd person view on this one (note, I've never played a DE game before), but this ruined it.

I'm out.
[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh, not to start any PC war here but I always find it funny how hard PC gamers try to make the consoles seems inferior. While this is true in theory most of these chump dont have PCs nearly advanced enough to meet most of the requirements. So the game looks pretty much like a PS2 game because they have to dump down everything to run it.

You can clearly tell that was on pc.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I had $10 rewards to best buy and thought about maybe using that towards DE:HR. But, then I saw this video.

I'm out.
[/QUOTE]

That video was posted in June, the game was obviously unfinished in that footage. I wouldn't judge your work a few months from completion, why would you judge this game?

[quote name='Soodmeg']This makes me laugh, not to start any PC war here but I always find it funny how hard PC gamers try to make the consoles seems inferior. While this is true in theory most of these chump dont have PCs nearly advanced enough to meet most of the requirements. So the game looks pretty much like a PS2 game because they have to dump down everything to run it.

You can clearly tell that was on pc.[/QUOTE]

Herp-a-derp, PCs suck because of leaked beta footage!

Thing is, I've yet to see ONE piece of gameplay footage that isn't glitchy, jerky and disorienting (going from 1st to 3rd person). That includes official trailers. That's what I'm judging the game on. If they believed in it and could sense that a large group of gamers are unsure of their game, they would have put out a demo.

I really want to like this game, but I've got too much going on right now to throw $60 to $70 out the window because a game sounds cool. So, I'm just going to flex my C.A.G. blood and wait til this biznitch is $20. I am a sucker for CE's, so that made me want to get it soon after release, but honestly the augmented ed kind of sucks anyway.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']That video was posted in June, the game was obviously unfinished in that footage. I wouldn't judge your work a few months from completion, why would you judge this game?

Herp-a-derp, PCs suck because of leaked beta footage![/QUOTE]

Calm down chico. It is no secret the majority of people have to scale down the graphics on pc games. Nor did I say pc sucks fuck face.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Calm down chico. It is no secret the majority of people have to scale down the graphics on pc games. Nor did I say pc sucks fuck face.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the people who are championing PC games generally have good hardware, otherwise they wouldn't be championing PC games. I'm not going to deny that most people don't have good PC hardware for gaming, but you specifically called out people that say PC gaming is better for having shit hardware, and that's just wrong.

Watched a couple videos today and can safely say I will be buying this with no qualms. It has everything I love in a game, RPG, stealth, FPS-ish longevity! Can't wait to get my hands on this.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Calm down chico. It is no secret the majority of people have to scale down the graphics on pc games. Nor did I say pc sucks fuck face.[/QUOTE]

You gotta be careful. PC gamers are sensitive. ;)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Yeah, but the people who are championing PC games generally have good hardware, otherwise they wouldn't be championing PC games. I'm not going to deny that most people don't have good PC hardware for gaming, but you specifically called out people that say PC gaming is better for having shit hardware, and that's just wrong.[/QUOTE]

Again, this is the typically pro-pc gamer opinion, it makes so little sense that all I can do is laugh. I dont have a problem with PC games but I find it funny when they go on tiffs about how awesome PC games are while unknowing (and hilariously) excluding 90% of the people they are arguing for.

The biggest positive for platform gaming is the fact that all of them are the same. If the graphics(or whatever) are good they are good for every person who has a xbox/ps3. Not just 10 percent of them.

The bottom line is that the point is so moot that its ridiculous to even argue it. But PC gamers continue to do so....

[quote name='Soodmeg']Again, this is the typically pro-pc gamer opinion, it makes so little sense that all I can do is laugh. I dont have a problem with PC games but I find it funny when they go on tiffs about how awesome PC games are while unknowing (and hilariously) excluding 90% of the people they are arguing for.

The biggest positive for platform gaming is the fact that all of them are the same. If the graphics(or whatever) are good they are good for every person who has a xbox/ps3. Not just 10 percent of them.

The bottom line is that the point is so moot that its ridiculous to even argue it. But PC gamers continue to do so....[/QUOTE]

Even the supposed "90%" of people who don't have top the of the line hardware will surpass the consoles graphically as long as they have parts from the last few years.

Either way, it's always best to game on both.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Again, this is the typically pro-pc gamer opinion, it makes so little sense that all I can do is laugh. I dont have a problem with PC games but I find it funny when they go on tiffs about how awesome PC games are while unknowing (and hilariously) excluding 90% of the people they are arguing for.

The bottom line is that the point is so moot that its ridiculous to even argue it. But PC gamers continue to do so....[/QUOTE]

Did you even read what I wrote? I'm not arguing for those people, because I don't give a shit about them. If you're too stupid or lazy to build a decent computer, why would I care what you think about PC gaming?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Did you even read what I wrote? I'm not arguing for those people, because I don't give a shit about them. If you're too stupid or lazy to build a decent computer, why would I care what you think about PC gaming?[/QUOTE]

:wave::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder what its like to both hate everyone outside the circle and the majority of people in it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']:wave::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder what its like to both hate everyone outside the circle and the majority of people in it.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, I give up since I don't know what you're trying to say anymore.

FYI the Augmented Edition in the US is just an oversized box ala Mass Effect 1, but not a hard tin. No seperate box for the game.

I sort of have afeeling that this shit will be limited. The aaugmented edition thaat is. Why? I doont know butt I keep on thinkkingg abaaout ME1 aand ME2s CE when I think about the augmented edition. Dumb reason I know.. Can explainn it.

And why do my lettters reppeat??? Stupid blackberry

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the Augmented Edition in the US is just an oversized box ala Mass Effect 1, but not a hard tin. No seperate box for the game.[/QUOTE]

I want to see the unboxing video. Im such a sucker for those stupid vids.

I was going to get Augmented Edition but K-Mart has $20 credit on it I can use towads Madden.(and big surprise, no Augmented Edition's to be carried locally)

1. official xbox magazine uk
    aug 16, 2011

human revolution stands proudly alongside the best in cyberpunk fiction, in any medium let alone just games... So few games allow you to carve a subtly unique path through every single encounter and, while major plot points remain the same, you'll feel like your journey was your own. [sept 2011, p.80]

all this publication's reviews

games master uk
    aug 16, 2011

it is a great shooter, it is a great stealth game, and those parts come together to make it a great rpg. It's a once-in-a-generation kind of game, and the first game in a decade to do everything the original deus ex did, and to do almost all of it better. [oct 2011, p.88]

all this publication's reviews

2. official xbox magazine
    aug 16, 2011

while so many stealth games equate any sort of detection with total failure, human revolution lets the chaotic consequences of exposure play out in all their unpredictable glory. Shoddy storytelling means that all the sound and fury that results ultimately signifies dreadfully little, but at no point short of death do you every truly lose - you just have a different kind of fun. [oct 2011, p.72]

My best friend is really excited for this and is picking it up tomorrow. I hope the game turns out well, but I'm really trying to cut back on my full-price gaming purchases, so I think I'll wait for a deal on this. It looks good and like something I'd be interested in, but not for $60 when this fall is going to kill my wallet :/

[quote name='Hell Monkey']They're blocked from work. What did they give it?[/QUOTE]
I think Destructoid must have taken it down again. All I can see is "This post is not live and only visible to editors".

I am excited for this game, not only does it end the gaming famine from the summer (seriously...there was a week in which the only release was a XBLA game from all platforms) its a RPG I can dump a decent amount of hours in before the next slew of games comes out.

I'm hoping for that too.
Figures that it's comes out on the same day as 3rd Strike Online. Went from having nothing to play to having entirely too much until around January.

Can't wait to go pick up my Augmented Edition tomorrow. Then the long wait for the CE guide to come in. :D

I might get a regular guide to use though and keep my CE Guide Wrapped... hmmmmm

Traded in some crappy games @Best Buy and managed to get around $60. Decided to pre-order this even though I've never played all the way through a Deus Ex game. Glad I did though because after looking at the reviews online it's looking like this will end the summer drought!

Ugggg its written by Jim Sterling which means its pointless in every way to read, talk or dedicate any brain cells to.

Destructoid would be better if he didnt use 80% of the website for ego fucking.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ugggg its written by Jim Sterling which means its pointless in every way to read, talk or dedicate any brain cells to.

Destructoid would be better if he didnt use 80% of the website for ego fucking.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

He is the biggest troll I have ever seen. Seriously that guy needs to be hit by a fucking bus. Cuz the world would be such a better place without that douche.

Got this preloaded on steam. Going to play with 360 controller woooo!!!

I kinda have low expectations for this game although it seems like a game I would be into (used to play Shadowrun pen and paper RPG all the time in high school).

I've got prime so I used my Amazon credit to get this tomorrow. (I've got Wednesday off:))

Ign's revieqw says an initial playtrough could last 25-40 hours...:shock::shock::shock:

I can't wait to dig into this tomorrow afternoon. If this can take my mind off of Gears 3 for a week or two I will consider it an epic success.

Damn, I've been waiting for this game and I totally forgot it was releasing this week. Never cared much for the reviews, but that's good to know. I'll probably pick it up regardless.

crazy how earlier amazon had a $20 credit deal... i preordered off gamestop becuase i was worried that the extra missions and weapons wont be DLC in the future...

then i thought about how mass effect 2's preorder dlcs were never released.. so i figured maybe i should have preordered off amazon because usually missions get released later on

bread's done
Back