No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle -- January 2010 Release in Japan

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I wasn't super fanatic about the game, but I'm interested to see how they improve upon the original.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41032.html

The updated beam saber design is appreciated, and I wonder if the trailer choppiness is intentional or problem w/ the upload.

Release date is tentatively January 2010

Game details provided by GoNintendo (Thanks to j.elles for pointing it out)
[quote name='GoNintendo.com']- first sequel Grasshopper has done
- urge to make another game with Travis motivated the team
- Travis is motivated by revenge in the sequel
- Travis will take a more serious approach to fighting this time
- Team from NMH1 is involved with NMH2[/quote]

Interview from Eurogamer (Thanks to j.elles for pointing it out)
[quote name='Eurogamer']
” (Suda on the game’s tone) I think it’s time for No More Heroes to become serious. But it’s going to have humour, don’t worry. It won’t be too serious.

” (Suda on the open world from NMH) I wasn’t that satisfied with the open world. I wanted to make a lot more stuff, more detail. So this time in No More Heroes 2, I want to take my revenge. And actually, the theme of No More Heroes 2 is revenge, so…”

” (Suda talking about an old E3 experience) For example, you had those booth babes that were just distributing some stuff - and I saw they were distributing condoms too. And then they were throwing pants! When I saw that I was like, wow! That’s great. One day, I want to be able to throw pants to the public. That’s one of my main goals.”[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
onoz_omg2.gif

I can see why people didn't like what happened if you failed a mission, but I personally thought it fit the with the style and feel Suda was going for very well. But then again i'm a guy who loves Killer 7 with all it's faults as well.

Day 1 buy for me of course. If this has Wii motion plus that will be killer.

Hopefully they fix the pathing and things to do in the overworld. Pretty lame you can run into a person and your bike just stalls or glitches.

Make everything smoother/less washed out, put in WM+ to make melee combat more inventive, and spruce up the overworld with more things to look at/do.

There. A great games becomes awesome.

I'm mostly glad it sold enough to warrant a sequel, given the absolute incoming-abortion it was in Japan.

Oh yes. Nintendo - just buy out Grasshopper and/or Marvelous. Just do it.

Ok, this... is awesome. The first is easily one of my favorite Wii games, despite all it's flaws, and this time it should be even better if they work on what was weak in the first one. Definitely will buy this day 1.

This is good news.

The actual point of the game was fantastic. I hope they improve on the overworld (if any) for the second time around. Even if they don't, I'd still buy the game in a heartbeat.

I remember a month after the game released amid VGcharz and their often times questionable numbers and Joystiq/Kotaku esque sites bashing the games sales the publisher and developer were reportedly celebrating the games sales, and really happy. Which at the time I thought odd and contrary to news i'd heard. This added to the frequent changes in their numbers make me unsure of that site now.

Looks like the Wii's library is really shaping up better then a lot of people thought it would. I for one have more games in 2009 for Wii that i'm looking forward too then any other system

[quote name='j.elles']
Looks like the Wii's library is really shaping up better then a lot of people thought it would. I for one have more games in 2009 for Wii that i'm looking forward too then any other system[/quote]

I could only see this happening if you only had a Wii and would not be able to purchase any games on the PS3/360.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe you're the intended audience for Let's Tap or Let's Catch.

This news is all right for me. I'll probably have to pick up the first one if this starts looking especially badass.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I could only see this happening if you only had a Wii and would not be able to purchase any games on the PS3/360.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe you're the intended audience for Let's Tap or Let's Catch.

This news is all right for me. I'll probably have to pick up the first one if this starts looking especially badass.[/QUOTE]

A bit off topic so lets restrict it to here. Heres my 2009 Wii list of buy/ maybe rent if im short on cash games. I own every system including a high end PC rig by the way.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Rune Factory Frontier
Arc Rise Fantasia
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
No More Heroes 2 (of course)
Monster Hunter 3 Tri
The Conduit
Tenchu 4
Fragile
Sin & Punishment 2
Dynamic Slash
Mad World
Overlord Dark Legend
Pikmin 3
Punch Out Wii
Untitled New tales game
Trace Memory 2

A lot of the games announced are pretty recent so I can understand if you haven't heard of some of these games though. Like I said Wii is really shaping up to have an outstanding 2009.

[quote name='blackbird3216']you forgot sonic black knight.[/quote]
Avoid...I'm staying away from sonic with a sword....He might bite me at night...:booty:

[quote name='blackbird3216']you forgot sonic black knight.[/QUOTE]

I might get Black knight if it's good but it's not on my personal list yet.

[quote name='j.elles']
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Rune Factory Frontier
Arc Rise Fantasia
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
No More Heroes 2 (of course)
Monster Hunter 3 Tri
The Conduit
Tenchu 4
Fragile
Sin & Punishment 2
Dynamic Slash
Mad World
Overlord Dark Legend
Pikmin 3
Punch Out Wii
Untitled New tales game
Trace Memory 2

A lot of the games announced are pretty recent so I can understand if you haven't heard of some of these games though. Like I said Wii is really shaping up to have an outstanding 2009.[/quote]

I've been following TGS too. Of those, I'm only interested in three of them. I have a feeling you're in for some harsh disappointment. Or maybe I'm wrong and they'll all be super amazing. That'd be a nice case, as maybe I could finally get some use of "ol' dusty."

So because he's interested in games you aren't, he's somehow wrong and "in for harsh disappointement."

That's good logic you got going there.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I've been following TGS too. Of those, I'm only interested in three of them. I have a feeling you're in for some harsh disappointment. Or maybe I'm wrong and they'll all be super amazing. That'd be a nice case, as maybe I could finally get some use of "ol' dusty."[/QUOTE]

I could go into detail about the developer, and the previous game about why i'm looking forward to most of the games I listed but to each his own. I think you will be pleasently surprised.

Anyway that's what Gamefly is for my friend. ^_- Try something if you have doubt. For me most of those are buy. If I dont like I find Ebay to be an easier and cheaper method then rental to try games.

I dunno I liked the first one but it wasn't the most amazing game ever really *shrugs* I'd probably give part two a shot I just hope its a little more coherent this time. Travis's interaction with the girl in the thing flip flopped like mad it got really annoying.

Some of the best boss characters in any game in recent memory, hopefully we got some Wiimotion, and possibly a duel mode with a friend might be interesting if done right.

[quote name='KingBroly']Is this confirmed for Wii, though?

D S - Right here
E T
S R
P U
E G
R G
A L
T E
E[/quote]

yeah, as soon as I heard the name I thought the same. either way I'm in.

Can't believe I forgot House of the Dead Overkill, and Fatal Frame 4. I love those games.

Anyway, It's just a coincidence with the DS thing. Some Genesis games had Super in the title afterall. It's just speculation.

The characters wouldn't have been so detailed if it were DS anyway. Even with cut scenes I don't think DS can do stuff like that.

That being said using somethingl ike the Ninja Gaiden engine I could easily see No More Heroes on DS as well as Wii. I'd get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of disappointed with this news.
First of all, don't get me wrong, I LOVED NMH. I played and beat it - twice.
It seems to me though, that a sequel isn't really SUDA 51's style. Honestly, I'm going to buy this day 1, but I was kind of hoping for something new out of Suda. Sure, the first game ended on a cliff hanger, but I thought it ended perfectly the way it was without needing a sequel.

[quote name='botticus']Confirmed for Wii! :D

Release date: January 2010 :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yep. From the Japanese Press Release. Its not even announced for JP in that press release. As someone pointed out at NeoGAF, I think the DS subtitle was Suda being funny. And it is.

[quote name='JEKKI']
v6q6wm.gif
[/QUOTE]

I see now that the gorilla and shark are high fiving each other, but at first glance I thought the gorilla was dragon punching the shark. Laughed my ass off for about 2 mins straight at the thought. And I'm at work.

MjC

bread's done
Back