NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

What's so great about this game? It looks like GTA 3 but with more gore and blood and profanity. I'd more excited about a Vice City port. lol.

[quote name='Swingman']What's so great about this game? It looks like GTA 3 but with more gore and blood and profanity. I'd more excited about a Vice City port. lol.[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs a reality check... educate yourself.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Somebody needs a reality check... educate yourself.[/QUOTE]

Then educate me oh wise one. The video in the first post just looks like GTA 3 with more gore.

The game description on IGN makes it seem like that is the case.

[quote name='Swingman']Then educate me oh wise one. The video in the first post just looks like GTA 3 with more gore.

The game description on IGN makes it seem like that is the case.[/QUOTE]

I'll start by saying look at other stuff from the same people that are making this that lead up to this game...

I haven't played any of the games they've developed and contact is the only game that I recognize from the list.

[quote name='Swingman']I haven't played any of the games they've developed and contact is the only game that I recognize from the list.[/QUOTE]

Go play killer 7 or Michigan.

awesome trailer, i just hope ubisoft doesn't tweak the game much if at all, definitely don't want this to turn into another red steel

Graphic style looks great, but game is looking like a simple beat em up, and I've never liked those. :(

May just give a rental just to check out the visuals.

[quote name='CouRageouS']fuck Ubisoft is bringing it over?! I would have put my money down on Capcom. Have they done anything similar before?[/quote]Eternal Sonata seems to be the only thing remotely close for Ubisoft.

Heh!

2111023220070925233811.jpg

Travis is totally old-school.

What games are shown there?

Glad to see that light sabers weren't the only Star Wars inspired object in the game:

no-more-heroes-20061204053835674.jpg

abb_xWing-fighter.jpg

Pretty solid X-Wing paint job.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loathed Killer7. Is there anything here that makes this compelling at all for non-Killer7 fanboys?[/QUOTE]

Not looking like it yet. Looks like another great looking game, but with shallow, repetitive gameplay.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loathed Killer7. Is there anything here that makes this compelling at all for non-Killer7 fanboys?[/quote]I'd imagine it depends on what you hated about Killer 7. This is open-world vs. linear/on-rails, for one. It has real VA instead of gibberish.

But it's still Suda 51, so the absolute out-there-ness of the environment will likely return.

My main concern is that despite being more open, it will just be a mindless, repetitive beat em up.

I mean I didn't even like God of War or DMC that much, and the combat in those (from what I've seen from NMH) is a lot deeper than this game.

Love the art style, so I want to give it a whirl, but looks like it's just a great looking game in a genre I don't care for.

[quote name='dmaul1114']My main concern is that despite being more open, it will just be a mindless, repetitive beat em up.

I mean I didn't even like God of War or DMC that much, and the combat in those (from what I've seen from NMH) is a lot deeper than this game.

Love the art style, so I want to give it a whirl, but looks like it's just a great looking game in a genre I don't care for.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't really equate NMH with DMC. Those games are more combo fests (which personally I love, DMC 3 is one of my favorite games). This game on the other hand feels similar to Zelda in how the combat is handled (read: combat only). Unfortunately I don't know if that is a good thing. With out the expansive puzzle environments, NMH could be more repetitive. But on the other hand it is Suda 51, which means a day one purchase. I liked Killer7 alot and I am hoping for just as good art design and environments. So far I am digging what I am seeing except some of the level layout, but I will see how it progresses.

Yeah, I think it looks more like a stylish final fight or something. Just a mindless beat em, devoid of even any strategies, combos etc.

Hope they prove us wrong, as the game would be killer if it could play as well as it looks.

[quote name='botticus']
But it's still Suda 51, so the absolute out-there-ness of the environment will likely return.[/QUOTE]

It is inspired by a mix of both wrestling, johnny noxville, otaku, and the movie El Topo.

Awesome - I finally found something that I didn't follow, and then I chcked it out just now and it impressed me deeply.

This stream of awesomness - how long can it last? I'm going broke already, and I sitll haven't gotten Metroid Prime 3 (mostly because I need to get shit done, and Z&W is doing a good job ruining this).

I think maybe this year it would be a good idea to write a letter to Santa.

Only 4 weeks now until I have the Japanese version. This is definitely my most wanted game this year. The second I get it, I'll post impressions, pics, and videos.

I still wonder why they decided to totally cut out the splitting of the bodies with the blood that was in the previous demos of the game. Instead they go for a particle dust effect with coins. Not that it matters buch, but a lot has changed since they announced it was going to be "more violent than Manhunt".

I could care less but it's a bit of a changeup.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I still wonder why they decided to totally cut out the splitting of the bodies with the blood that was in the previous demos of the game. Instead they go for a particle dust effect with coins. Not that it matters buch, but a lot has changed since they announced it was going to be "more violent than Manhunt".

I could care less but it's a bit of a changeup.[/QUOTE]

I still think the body splitting is there. the particle thing is just the end result of people dying.

When does this stupid thing come out.

Maybe LinkinPrime could stop by and edit that into the title. He likes to do that, if I recall.

bread's done
Back