NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

I invade animal shelters in the dead of night, skin the dogs, kill the cats, and sell their bloody fur coats to the troll that lives under the bridge.

God knows what he does with them...

[quote name='The Crotch']I've been stealing from Rolento, Yukine, and Pete. Doesn't get me as far as it used to thanks to the low US dollar, though.[/QUOTE]

it all makes sense now....

[quote name='Zen Davis']I invade animal shelters in the dead of night, skin the dogs, kill the cats, and sell their bloody fur coats to the troll that lives under the bridge.

God knows what he does with them...[/quote]

That's really disturbing.

[quote name='tankexmortis']So what are you guys doing to save money on this?[/QUOTE]

Not buying random "cheap" games or games you know you won't get to helps. I've saved so much money this year just buying games I know I'll play for a while/really want.

I traded some stuff into EB today and completely paid off Smash Bros. Brawl. This helps, since I can now spend actual money on No More Heroes instead of paying out of my own pocket for both games.

Holy crap, this comes out next week. I can't wait. I don't know where I am getting the money, but I just had a birthday so I might get a card or two in the mail. Hopefully I can sell some stuff to get this and DMC 4. I was hoping the beginning of this year would slow down on my gaming wants.

Just pre-ordered this and SSBB at eStarland.com. Believe it or not, that is how I usually save money on my games. Sure I get them about four or five days later than a lot of you, but it costs about $20-$25 less per game to buy from the US.

Well unless something better comes along, I guess I'll just be using the GS 10% off coupon on this. This is bothering me a little, 'cause I want to support Suda 51 by buying the game new, but I don't want to support Ubisoft because of their shit with EGM.

[quote name='The Crotch']A 9 in Edge is amazing?[/quote]Yes. Though, they also gave Killer 7 an 8, though who knows if it's the same reviewer. Maybe they are just more in tune to the Suda vibes than other outlets.

No need for me to get this game new, so I'll prob just get it used.

Maybe if it comes out in a lull (which it seems it will) I may use that $25 TRU gift card (still have it from Galaxy).

I'm just pyched to see that this game has (I forget what it's called, the system where the lightsaber will reflect teh EXACT movment of the wii remote?)

[quote name='pittpizza']
I'm just pyched to see that this game has (I forget what it's called, the system where the lightsaber will reflect teh EXACT movment of the wii remote?)[/QUOTE]

keep in mind it's tapping "A" to slash, and then for the final kill hit you motion it. good of suda to do so so that we don't tire so fast. this game is a sandbox beat-em-up action game in its core.

and yeah, Edge has a better taste in artsy games, +1 to them for that I always think.

So I don't have the funds at the moment to buy this so I was thinking I would try the Gamefly trial offer and just get NMH. How late should I sign up to make sure I get NMH. It's only a 10 day free trial so I don't want to sign up like Friday wait for the processing, etc wait for it to ship and then only have like 1 day to play it. Any ideas from people who use GF?

When I used Gamefly (it was only for a couple months, and it's been a while), I recieved games phenomenally fast, usually within two days. So I'd say to join 3-4 days before they get it.

It'd be better to sign-up for a month for $6.00 or whatever it is. They give you a really low introductory price for being a new customer. Trust me, the 10 day trial is not nearly enough time to finish a game.

I've been using Gamefly for a few months and what I've been doing is acting like I'm going to cancel my account, they then give me a "limited deal for $9.99 a month" which I think is just right.

Sorry for going a little off-topic, but I know what it's like not being able to afford a game that you're dying to play.

[quote name='yukine']It'd be better to sign-up for a month for $6.00 or whatever it is. They give you a really low introductory price for being a new customer. Trust me, the 10 day trial is not nearly enough time to finish a game.

I've been using Gamefly for a few months and what I've been doing is acting like I'm going to cancel my account, they then give me a "limited deal for $9.99 a month" which I think is just right.

Sorry for going a little off-topic, but I know what it's like not being able to afford a game that you're dying to play.[/QUOTE]

I thought about that, sounds good guys - thanks!

I gotta comment on that interview by saying that, by citing the Arctic Monkeys, Suda has forfeited all of his punk cred. :(

Anyway: Yup. Blood everywhere in the US version. Japan also got the simulated masturbation cut out.

That reminds me: everybody have their "outraged" email to Hillary Clinton ready? We gots to drum up some advertisement for this game! ;)

I want to further chime in on how damn good of a gaming magazine Edge is.

They have very good feature articles.
you don't feel dumb reading it.
there's less emphasis on the scoring system as all reviews are more focused on words with impressions.
some of the best artistic and gaming taste in a gaming magazine ever.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I want to further chime in on how damn good of a gaming magazine Edge is.

They have very good feature articles.
you don't feel dumb reading it.
there's less emphasis on the scoring system as all reviews are more focused on words with impressions.
some of the best artistic and gaming taste in a gaming magazine ever.[/QUOTE]

Sounds alot like Play to me.

Except Play gives Lair and any platformer absurd scores. Play sucks. Plus they put out that awful "girls of gaming issue" that I would be ashamed to even be associated with.

On the other hand, Edge is awesome. I wish it wasn't so expensive to get a US subscription. As it is I just read it from time to time at barnes and nobles when I can find it.

I'm not buying this because Ubisoft's name is involved in it. They can die in a fire.

actually it's on the top of my gamefly ;) Even cheaper than gamestop if I do end up buying it, which is nice.

[quote name='The Crotch']No kidding. Brawl has a way of... overshadowing... pretty much anything around it.[/QUOTE]

I know.

My sister just had a child.

I had to call her up to congratulate her.

And in the middle of the phone conversation I started thinking Luigi had better damn well be in Brawl.

I've always liked "artsy" or "moody" games Seems this has sort of a Noir feel to it so I'll definitely be having a good look at it.

BTW, regarding Gamefly free trials, I had a two week one that turned into a 7 week one. They give you a week after you cancel to get the game to them, then if you don't they'll send you an email a week or so later saying they didn't get it and they charge your account. Then if you get it to them withitn FOUR weeks of the day they charge your account, you get a FULL credit.

This is how I played and beat Metroid Corruption (once) and Bioshock (twice) for 1000/1000 with what (ostensibly) started off as a two week trial. I sent Corruption back right away but took the charge and refund to get my fill of Bioshock.

[quote name='pittpizza']I've always liked "artsy" or "moody" games Seems this has sort of a Noir feel to it so I'll definitely be having a good look at it.

BTW, regarding Gamefly free trials, I had a two week one that turned into a 7 week one. They give you a week after you cancel to get the game to them, then if you don't they'll send you an email a week or so later saying they didn't get it and they charge your account. Then if you get it to them withitn FOUR weeks of the day they charge your account, you get a FULL credit.

This is how I played and beat Metroid Corruption (once) and Bioshock (twice) for 1000/1000 with what (ostensibly) started off as a two week trial. I sent Corruption back right away but took the charge and refund to get my fill of Bioshock.[/quote]

They have NMH listed as releasing on the 24th when it actually comes out the 22nd. Is it just an incorrect date or do they not always get new games when they come out? I just want to figure out when to sign up to make sure I get it.

[quote name='CombatCraig']They have NMH listed as releasing on the 24th when it actually comes out the 22nd. Is it just an incorrect date or do they not always get new games when they come out? I just want to figure out when to sign up to make sure I get it.[/quote]

Just make sure NMH is the only game in your GameQ on the 22nd and that you have an empty spot in your "Games Out".

I think I'm going to buy this with Christmas gift cards. I haven't bought a Wii game in awhile so why not. I still have yet to play SMG and Z&W, crazy I know.

I'm going to pick it up as well, I love Suda 51 games and I'd like to give him a sale since I guess this game is flopping in Japan.

bread's done
Back