NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

Beat Destroyman and Holly Summers. Much better. Flipping switches for D-man, and holes w/ Holly? Thats how you spruce up a boss fight.

Not on Bitter.

EDIT:[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can see why people would hate
henry
, but by far that was my favorite fight. felt like a very even duel even with how easy it was.[/quote]
First, spoiler for Pete there. Second, it was my favourite, too. Even though I always had the upper hand, it never felt like I was dominating - it felt like things were balanced. Maybe I was just happy to fight an enemy who didn't dodge every fucking attack.

Don't worry, I just met
Henry. Pretty badass, I'm happy they messed with their own formula and didn't make me fight someone just to have a boss. Though the level being one long tunnel was kind of silly.

If only he would have appeared for the second rank battle. I would've liked to have seen that one through. If nothing else, it would have been hilarious.

Despite playing Devil May Cry 4 this weekend and acknowledging it was better in every single way to No More Heroes...I still want to play this game a second time thru on new game+. I really can't explain it - it's just strangely compelling...

I blame it on the awesome.

Just beat Destroyman on Bitter. His level was a bitch (I kept getting stabbed while going for the gunners, and shot while going for the melee guys), but he went down easier than any boss I've ever fought - even on Mild.

Are there any more non-clothing/cards to get on Bitter?

Also, I just found out that all the money that was buried underground on the lesser difficulty modes has been replaced with cards on the highest.

[quote name='The Crotch']Are there any more non-clothing/cards to get on Bitter?

Also, I just found out that all the money that was buried underground on the lesser difficulty modes has been replaced with cards on the highest.[/QUOTE]

The money isn't replaced, it's just that new cards have been added to the field. When you play a New Game + (I think difficulty dosn't effect this) replaying ranks have new cards with artwork and info to get.

No, I'm pretty sure the money is replaced - or at least shuffled. The places where I got money last time around have all yielded cards for me.

[quote name='The Crotch']No, I'm pretty sure the money is replaced - or at least shuffled. The places where I got money last time around have all yielded cards for me.[/QUOTE]

All the places I got my stuff were completely new... then again, before I beat the game I got all the red balls and money spots.

[quote name='JEKKI']red balls gives u wings~!!![/QUOTE]

:lol:

anyone else wish there was a connection here with the characters? :

Killer7-005.jpg
no-more-heroes-20070216065951376.jpg

[quote name='moblin']what's a FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge?[/quote]FS/FT means "For Sale or For Trade". The cartridge itself is a minigame that you unlock after a certain point (I wanna say the third ranked fight), and can play at any time on the TV in your apartment. It is indeed a pink cartridge.

This game looks a lot better when you set your TV up right. I got really excited when
the Glastonbury game started, but by the halfway point I just wanted it to be over.
And I

That was a hard game the first time through. I didn't use the special attack anywhere near as much as I should have. You really have to use that and the sword a LOT.

How hard can it be with infinite continues? And is the last weapon supposed to be weaker than the one before it? It sure seems like it.

1: Time limit.
2: Some of us like to do well for the sake of doing well.
3: It's faster, and doesn't knock enemies back as much, but doesn't do as much damage. Often knocks foes down rather than killing them if they're near a killing blow. Better for bosses, worse for crowds.

I still say that Mark III's worse at all of those things, especially after playing Bitter - I can take out just a little over half as many guys in mission 18 with the Mk. III as with the Mk. II.

And I loved the in-game game! I wish it was full length. But then, I'm a bit of a shmup fan, maybe you're not.

Um. Mission 18 is crowd control, no? Like I said, MK II is better for crowds.

EDIT: And the MK III is goddamn necessary at certain points thanks to the infinite battery.

[quote name='pete5883']At what point did Lovikov Balls start showing up on the radar? They're there now, but I don't think they always were.[/quote]

its one of the abilities you unlock for recovering the Balls

[quote name='The Crotch']Um. Mission 18 is crowd control, no? Like I said, MK II is better for crowds.

EDIT: And the MK III is goddamn necessary at certain points thanks to the infinite battery.[/quote]
Oh yeah, duh. My bad.

Still, it also took about 5 times as long for me to kill the first boss as it did on Mild. That could just be because he has more health, though.

anyone other than me notice the homage to Virtual Boy with Letz Shake? when you get his concept art cards, check out his weapon card. His headset and glove are almost exact rip-offs of the virtual boy. as if I need any more reason to love the game :lol:

Yeah, that was mentioned about 20 pages back. I didn't notice it until someone said that.

Letz Shake being the coolest boss in the game, of course.

I assume bosses never get knocked down, and you're only going to get a fixed number of hits in against them before they start blocking, (so it doesn't matter how fast you make those hits,) so how would doing less damage, faster, help?

I finally got to the last fight last night, but I couldn't beat it since I was pretty tired I must say this game made me very happy with the story, gameplay, style, and use of the wiimote and nunchuk well worth my $50.

Tonight I'm planning on finishing this and playing again on bitter.

[quote name='pete5883']I assume bosses never get knocked down,[/quote]The knockdown is only on killing blows. Neither the killing blows of the Mk. II nor the Mk. III matter for bosses. Knocking down, killing enemies in the crowd... irrelevant.

EDIT: I don't think the prototype's stun works, either.

[quote name='pete5883']and you're only going to get a fixed number of hits in against them before they start blocking, (so it doesn't matter how fast you make those hits,)[/quote] Actually, I was never clear on whether it was a window-of-opportunity thing or purely a hit-based thing or if it varied from weapon to weapon. I haven't been paying enough attention to that.
[quote name='pete5883']so how would doing less damage, faster, help?[/quote]Knocking enemies out of charges, not pushing them away, never having to recharge your battery (particularly dangerous when the camera decides to point away from the enemy), etc.

I'm really only concerned with how Mk-III would be helpful against the last couple bosses. Since regular enemies don't really provide any challenge.

[quote name='The Crotch']I think that's when the difference is probably most noticeable, though it's saved my life big-time against the hordes of Bitter Mode.[/QUOTE]

At least with the MKIII, even with weaker attack the kill hit range with triangle attacks is gargantuan. Plus you can charge attack to death for infinity for instant kills and long range.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']At least with the MKIII, even with weaker attack the kill hit range with triangle attacks is gargantuan.[/quote]I wouldn't know, having just found out about that a couple of ranked fights ago.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Plus you can charge attack to death for infinity for instant kills and long range.[/quote]Very true. Charge attacks and leaps rape your energy, and you can do 'em forever with the Mk. III. However, about half way through Bitter, even fully charged low shots don't instant kill. And for that matter, leap attacks don't keep enemies down for all that long anymore...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']its one of the abilities you unlock for recovering the Balls[/quote]Don't think so. The first two abilities I got were the leap attack and the sprint, and I noticed them on the radar the level after that. They may have been there before, too - I'm not the most observant guy in the world. It took me, like, a week of knowing him to notice that one of my friends only has eight fingers.

I loved the MKIII for #18. Just clear out one side using normal attack/finish, then you can just charge the low stance attack to kill everything after that. Charge is during their respawn times. My record with the MkII on that was 96, where as with the MkIII I had 116ish every time.

Beat it. I was getting very frustrated with the last boss until I figured it out. Scanning a FAQ helped. I thought I was going to go back through and pick up all that concept art but, meh.

I wonder if Jeane is a Smiths reference, since Killer 7 had a bunch of them. I wish they didn't fast forward through her speech. Is that transcribed anywhere?

[quote name='pete5883']Beat it. I was getting very frustrated with the last boss until I figured it out. Scanning a FAQ helped. I thought I was going to go back through and pick up all that concept art but, meh.

I wonder if Jeane is a Smiths reference, since Killer 7 had a bunch of them. I wish they didn't fast forward through her speech. Is that transcribed anywhere?
[/quote]

Yep

Jekki provided a link to a slo-mo version of Jeane's speech. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsG...thread.php?t=141130&highlight=youtube&page=40

I'm actually finishing a quick run on sweet after beating it on mild, mainly to collect stuff that I missed and whatever new popped up. I do agree with whoever said this game needed a boss rush/survival mode. A movie mode would've been cool too.

The game's soundtrack has been on repeat in my ipod for weeks now.

[quote name='dmunkee']I'm actually finishing a quick run on sweet after beating it on mild, mainly to collect stuff that I missed and whatever new popped up. I do agree with whoever said this game needed a boss rush/survival mode. A movie mode would've been cool too.

The game's soundtrack has been on repeat in my ipod for weeks now.[/QUOTE]

agreed definitely.

I also have the soundtrack on my PSP for those long public trans rides. Highlights include the Bad Girl, Gym, and theme music.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']agreed definitely.

I also have the soundtrack on my PSP for those long public trans rides. Highlights include the Bad Girl, Gym, and theme music.[/quote]

There's something awesomely hypnotic about Bad Girl's theme. Harvey's is currently my favorite.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I forgot to mention it but the theme music is my ringtone. :D[/quote]

That's awesome!

[quote name='CouRageouS']I forgot to mention it but the theme music is my ringtone. :D[/QUOTE]

I have the "wii menu disc" sound of NMH for one of my ringtones and the notification that a new rank match is open sound as another ring tone it's superb.

alos note: fuck yeah! the DS version of flow, sun, and rain is getting translated for UK. if it dosn't come stateside, i'm importing from the UK... proof:

Suda%2051%20Interview%20Scan%202.jpg

also, the ex clover team is teaming up with grasshopper on an unknown project!!!!

bread's done
Back