NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whats this about a Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge?[/QUOTE]

Finish the game. you'll figure it out eventually.

The mech is pretty damn cool anyway.

I forgot which rank it is, but I think it's rank 5 and I believe there's a reference to the game Snatcher I could be wrong..
Travis says, "*** Snatcher or something like that also Henry's outfit sorta reminds me of the outfit that Gillian wears I could be wrong sorry..

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's basically the 3 anime girls and the mech they ride in.[/quote]

I still dont really understand what we are talking about. In a cut scene, on a shirt, in the city, what?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I still dont really understand what we are talking about. In a cut scene, on a shirt, in the city, what?[/quote]
The fictional anime on several T-shirts, a couple posters, and the shmup minigame.

I thought the show with the girls and the show with the mechs were different shows? The one with the girls is something about jelly, whereas glastonbury is glastonbury. And shouldn't it be glastonberry, since everything else is named after a berry?

First off: opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everyone's stinks.

I'm glad that I'm on CAG, where the user base generally understands disagreement in the gaming tastes. There are only two corrections I could provide. The first one is that FFX is a -terrible- game in my opinion. I really, ultimately hate it. FFX-2 is generally acknowledged as "never happened" on this side of the computer screen, and its use in the review was for hilarity. There are some people who disagree with me on the matter. I'll rate FF8 above FFX, and I think that takes it all.

I don't give a shit how popular the first God of War is - that game is great, and its storytelling is perfect for what it is (an daft action title). The sequel was grossly disappointing for me, though I'm sure hordes of GoW2 fans would love to tell me how more means more when it comes to action games. I'm glad someone out there thinks that my gaming tastes reside in the realm of "popular but medicore" titles. My current game list, just in case you care (and I know you don't) is: Lost Eden, The Last Express, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Torin's Passage, and Touche, the last one being an excellent thing to say at the end of this sentence. Yes, some of these are actually replays. Oh, and I've also decided to actually beat Cyberia I, as I couldn't figure out the Einstein puzzle back in 1995.

As far as my bullshit taste in video games is concerned, I'm most grateful to all those who actually laughed _at_ the review (and not necessarily with it). Thanks.

I was going to hate on Strell, but holy shit it's snowing hardcore! In Texas! In March! Wooo!

I'm on serious medication today that makes it hard to focus, but I think even without that I'd have a hard time making sense of your posts, MarioColbert. The lengthier your posts are, the more you seem to contradict yourself. Sometimes within the same sentence. I don't have a whole lot invested in the actual content (although it did get a nice discussion going), but I'm still not sure what point (points?) you ultimately want to make.

[quote name='mephitical']I'm on serious medication today that makes it hard to focus, but I think even without that I'd have a hard time making sense of your posts, MarioColbert. The lengthier your posts are, the more you seem to contradict yourself. Sometimes within the same sentence. I don't have a whole lot invested in the actual content (although it did get a nice discussion going), but I'm still not sure what point (points?) you ultimately want to make.[/quote]

My point was that mephitical wouldn't understand me.

[quote name='MarioColbert']My point was that mephitical wouldn't understand me.[/quote]
That's cheating. I already admitted to being totally high.

[quote name='MarioColbert']First off: opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everyone's stinks.

I'm glad that I'm on CAG, where the user base generally understands disagreement in the gaming tastes. There are only two corrections I could provide. The first one is that FFX is a -terrible- game in my opinion. I really, ultimately hate it. FFX-2 is generally acknowledged as "never happened" on this side of the computer screen, and its use in the review was for hilarity. There are some people who disagree with me on the matter. I'll rate FF8 above FFX, and I think that takes it all.

I don't give a shit how popular the first God of War is - that game is great, and its storytelling is perfect for what it is (an daft action title). The sequel was grossly disappointing for me, though I'm sure hordes of GoW2 fans would love to tell me how more means more when it comes to action games. I'm glad someone out there thinks that my gaming tastes reside in the realm of "popular but medicore" titles. My current game list, just in case you care (and I know you don't) is: Lost Eden, The Last Express, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Torin's Passage, and Touche, the last one being an excellent thing to say at the end of this sentence. Yes, some of these are actually replays. Oh, and I've also decided to actually beat Cyberia I, as I couldn't figure out the Einstein puzzle back in 1995.

As far as my bullshit taste in video games is concerned, I'm most grateful to all those who actually laughed _at_ the review (and not necessarily with it). Thanks.

I was going to hate on Strell, but holy shit it's snowing hardcore! In Texas! In March! Wooo![/QUOTE]

I don't understand what the point is of this post, but I agree with it.

I am really excited that I am ranked 3 now and wanted to share with all of you guys.

I also want to say that at first I beat the level and it went to the cut scene when the granny will be killed and it froze. I had to shut the wii off I was so upset it totally froze and I lost my work and had to redo it, but now I got through it and saved.

I also by accident overwrote on my son's save file, he is going to be angry, anyway to fix that.

The Gamecrazy that I preordered at (the only time I've ever traded in and preordered a game) pretty much told me that they are never getting this game. fuck!!

[quote name='Mad D']The Gamecrazy that I preordered at (the only time I've ever traded in and preordered a game) pretty much told me that they are never getting this game. fuck!![/quote]
Wow. They - they should die.

[quote name='mickeyp']I am really excited that I am ranked 3 now and wanted to share with all of you guys.[/quote]Prepare. Your next fight is the hardest in the game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I still dont really understand what we are talking about. In a cut scene, on a shirt, in the city, what?[/QUOTE]
Go to the TV and play the mini-shmup if you haven't already. The game mechanics are pretty cool with the sword tossed in there. This free game is more indepth then some of the NES titles on the VC.

Bad girl is hard? Id say the hardest ones were The last one, since they dodge your attacks so much. Another one is the boss on the beach. Id say those were the hardest.

Actually, Bitter Bad Girl was quite easy. I got the timing for the batting stuff down no problem, and she never really posed much of a threat to me after that.

Also, the bit with the Schpel Tiger in the baseball field = gold. Slow motion gold, but gold nonetheless.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Tell me that after you kill Henry on Bitter ;)[/QUOTE]
You jerk. You're going to make me want to beat this game on bitter aren't you?

Alright I just got this game and I have to say, it is awesome. However I have a question.

I started playing the game and got to Rank 9. Well now my brother wants to play the game also. However when the game boots up, there is no menu, it just goes straight to my game. Is he just out of luck until I beat it?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']he's out of luck.[/quote]

I remember there being a load game option whilte in the pause menu, you cant start a new game and save a new game?

nope you can do it what you have to do is load up your game, walk outside and hit the + button to bring up the menu. Then go to data and choose Load data and go to his save file or start a new game from there. Just remember when the game initially loads it loads up whoever saved last so you will have to load the other up if you weren't the last person to play.

That sounds like alot of work, that he will probably screw up. I think I will just tell him to wait until I am done. I don't think this is a very long game.

I could probably figure this out myself if I took two seconds and a little effort, but does anyone know if there's a way to turn off or change the "ridin' my motorcycle" music that plays when Travis is riding his motorcycle?

[quote name='mephitical']I could probably figure this out myself if I took two seconds and a little effort, but does anyone know if there's a way to turn off or change the "ridin' my motorcycle" music that plays when Travis is riding his motorcycle?[/quote]
Dunno. Never wanted to get rid of it.

Now, the music in Area 51? C'mon, man.

It was fine when playing in the background to a phone call from Sylvia, but it seemed like a poor choice for the store. I wanna hear Dinosaurs Will Die or something, not... whatever it was you called that song.

[quote name='The Crotch']It was fine when playing in the background to a phone call from Sylvia, but it seemed like a poor choice for the store. I wanna hear Dinosaurs Will Die or something, not... whatever it was you called that song.[/QUOTE]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2od1AF_Cs[/media]

go play lumines...

bread's done
Back