NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

[quote name='The Crotch']Go buy me a PSP.

EDIT: And a better internet connection, too. No videos for me on my 56k.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather get you a better connection... any reason why still on 56k?

I live in the bush. This is all I get out here. Don't worry - I'm moving in a few months, so I'll finally be able to visit all the "56k Warning" threads here on CAG.

Can anyone help me with a question involving No More Heroes?

I just started playing it today. I'm on the 9th assassin, and I get a cellphone call before him (just like the 10th as well). There is no sort of sound (like a conversation) after he picks up, and I just keep walking slow until I hang up. Is there supposed to be sound there? Is my copy messed up?

[quote name='Antic']Can anyone help me with a question involving No More Heroes?

I just started playing it today. I'm on the 9th assassin, and I get a cellphone call before him (just like the 10th as well). There is no sort of sound (like a conversation) after he picks up, and I just keep walking slow until I hang up. Is there supposed to be sound there? Is my copy messed up?[/quote]

Turn the speaker up on the wiimote. They only talk to you through the wiimote speaker. So press the home button and click at the bottom of the screen for wiimote options and turn the sound all the way up!!!! Hope this helps. PS.....Hold the wiimote up to your ear like a phone.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Turn the speaker up on the wiimote. They only talk to you through the wiimote speaker. So press the home button and click at the bottom of the screen for wiimote options and turn the sound all the way up!!!! Hope this helps. PS.....Hold the wiimote up to your ear like a phone.[/quote]

Wow, that's cool. It sucks that I missed two already though >_<

Thanks! :)

What I did was disable Wiimote speaker in options and turned on subtitles; it played through the TV.

Because what came out the Wiimote speaker was garbled and unintelligible.

[quote name='Antic']Wow, that's cool. It sucks that I missed two already though >_<

Thanks! :)[/quote]
Sylvia's phone calls are the same thing over and over, only escalating. It is a running gag, so you don't miss much.

[quote name='Antic']Wow, that's cool. It sucks that I missed two already though >_<

Thanks! :)[/quote]

don't worry your not missing much by the 4th or 5th ranked match I was just waiting the almost two minutes for her to shut up. Man she gets longer winded the further in the game you get >_

My preorder finally came in (2 months late). The only problem was Gamecrazy didn't call me like they assured me they would on multiple occasions, and sold out their stock. I'm buying this game off of Newegg it will probably get here before and if Gamecrazy gets a second shipment.

My preorder finally came in (2 months late). The only problem was Gamecrazy didn't call me like they assured me they would on multiple occasions, and sold out their stock. I'm buying this game off of Newegg it will probably get here before and if Gamecrazy gets a second shipment.

[quote name='yukine']Anyone else really want a few NMH t-shirts? I wish one of these hipster sites would get some.[/quote]/me waves. I'll take the German one, the ones with the mustache/beard suns, and a few of the jackets.

[quote name='yukine']Anyone else really want a few NMH t-shirts? I wish one of these hipster sites would get some.[/quote]/me waves. I'll take the German one, the ones with the mustache/beard suns, and a few of the jackets.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']after seeing that, I love Yahtzee alot more now. Didn't realize anyone in the press had the balls to say how much they loved Killer 7. I'm on the same page with him.[/quote]
It could be because they DIDN'T love Killer 7.

I actually think Yahtzee kinda nails it, though he fetishizes it being "Something different" a bit too much.

Still, refreshing to hear the "head stuck up his own ass" line in what is usually a sea of internets NMH fanboys who defend its every flaw with a hastily contrived "IT SI TEH ARTS" explanation.

[quote name='zewone']Why are you still trolling this thread?

We get it, you don't like the game.[/quote]

People who disagree with your opinion = trolls.

When is Yahtzee ever really off? Even when he pans games I like, I still generally agree with his points/logic.

While I also think NMH has flaws the size of king sized beds, it does have a sort of charm and over-the-topness to it that you can't find just anywhere.

Also, I think RollingSkull has a point - the NMH fanboys are more defensive than your average fanboy... I mean I love Earth Defense Force, but it's not like I'm going to try and convince you that the vehicles were awesome and controlled like a dream...

[quote name='RollingSkull']People who disagree with your opinion = trolls.[/QUOTE]

People who constantly post their broken record negative opinion about a game in a thread about said game = troll

I kind of like trolls. I don't really like Yahtzee though. The dice are too loud when you roll them. It scares the trolls away.

[quote name='zewone']People who constantly post their broken record negative opinion about a game in a thread about said game = troll[/QUOTE]

booya. :)

as for the game having flaws, yes it's flawed as fuck, but I love the damn thing where I don't give a shit about them. A good game is never flawless.

[quote name='zewone']People who constantly post their broken record negative opinion about a game in a thread about said game = troll[/quote]
WHOA HOH HOH BUUUUURRRRN

Man, touchiest thread on CAG outside of a reposted deal. Lighten up, buddy.

I wasn't trying to "burn" you, I'm still wondering why you keep posting in here?

You think you will change people's feelings about the game by reposting your own negative opinion?

Or does it actually make you come off as being obnoxious?

We. Get. It. You. Don't. Like. The. Game. Move. On.

seriously, he either has too much time on his hands or there's proof sad life exists just to crap on threads. I personally think he enjoys the game secretly but can't admit it. why the fuck would he keep coming back here anyway? it's like preists with little boys (not that I'm implying Skull's a petofile).

Well, first I came back because I figured Yahtzee's review was something worth talking about.

Now, I come back because it is so cute watching you guys rage in a huge amount of childish pot shots at me.

i dont see rage...? (dont' say that word... I hate it because it reminds me of that really weird MGS4 trailer).

i do agree though it's valid for you to come back on yahtzee's account.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']baby shit????[/quote]
Speaking off poo, are you really developing an ass-to-mouth game? Is it for the Wii?

I have nothing of value to contribute, but this thread is fun and I like NMH.

[quote name='mephitical']Speaking off poo, are you really developing an ass-to-mouth game? Is it for the Wii?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, a game is development but it's all on hold due to college work being too much right now. Most likely it wont be on wii since it's XNA based probably, but who knows...

So, finally picked this up last week, beat it today.

Loved it... to an extent. I admit that after a while I just sort of rushed and only did the Rank missions, but those were pure gold. Like someone said a page or two ago, it's a flawed game, but the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

My biggest problem, however?

NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN OFF THAT DAMN VIDEO NOISE FILTER.

Gargh. :bomb:

finally picked this up and beat the 10th rank
good stuff so far

is there anything i should kno going forward?
as in what to get 1st etc??

Just upgrade what seems right. Don't over-grind early on - you get the vast majority of your money later in, when a certain missions whose name I forget is unlocked. You'll know it when you see it.

Oh, and with the Lovikov Balls, I recommend you get the leap attack pretty quickly. Really helps with those assholes with the lightsabers. Getting the speed increase is pretty damn handy, too. I saved the radar 'til last and don't regret it, though it would've saved me some head scratching during the fight with Speed Buster.

[quote name='The Crotch']Just upgrade what seems right. Don't over-grind early on - you get the vast majority of your money later in, when a certain missions whose name I forget is unlocked. You'll know it when you see it.

Oh, and with the Lovikov Balls, I recommend you get the leap attack pretty quickly. Really helps with those assholes with the lightsabers. Getting the speed increase is pretty damn handy, too. I saved the radar 'til last and don't regret it, though it would've saved me some head scratching during the fight with Speed Buster.[/quote]

thanks was thinking of getting speed 1st since i heard its much easier to get around with it

bread's done
Back