OBJECTION! New Ace Attorney game! Play as... EDGEWORTH!

[quote name='Phoenix Audubon']So, a game where you play as Edgey? Sounds like fun. I did rather like, in T&T Case 5,
that you played as Edgey, even if still as defense. I like his "Take That!" just as much as Feenie's.

I have to agree with some of y'all...I was somewhat let down by AA.
I barely did anything in the last case against Kristoph; it was mostly dialogue. And then picking your own verdict at the end? I mean, really, after all the work we put into our defense, we're gonna' pick "Guilty"? *sighs*
[/QUOTE]That was one of the best parts about Case 5 in T&T,
from the "Psycho-Locks" to seeing Edgeworth wearing an attorney's badge in court.

And very much agreed about Apollo Justice.
The resolution made sense, but there was hardly any dramatic tension in the final court session whatsoever, due to the lack of interaction. The ending afterwards was great, though; once I saw that bracelet on the jurist's arm, my eyes widened.

Pretty cool, I still need to finish the second game and move on to the others. I think I just got a little burned out on the series.

I'm on the last case of T&T.

Then Apollo Justice.

Honestly, these games are coming out too quickly now.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Does this mean they're abandoning Apollo Justice?

...am I the only person that enjoyed all of the new characters in Apollo Justice?[/QUOTE]

According to an interview in the same issue of Famitsu, the staff member said that they still have a major announcement to make on April 20th. Currently, it's theorized that the announcement will either be:
!) The new Apollo Justice game (Gyakuten Saiban 5)
i) More information for this game.

After looking through the NeoGaf topic again I noticed a post by enishi where he translated and summarized an interview that was in this issue of Famitsu. At the very least, it confirms that the game is a spin-off and that it will take place at "around the time of Gyakuten Saiban 3 (Trials and Tribulations)."

[quote name='enishi']Interview of Producers from Gyakuten Kenji in Famitsu

- Shu Takumi, the director of the series, does not involve in development of this game.
- The time line of this story is around Gyakuten Saiba 3
- More familiar characters will appear in the game
- Mainly focus on investigation part
- Development progress: 40%[/quote]

The one thing I hated about AJ was Klavier Gavin, I don't care for him being too nice, but the whole "cool" rocker aspect was so stupid, it was just stupid. And anytime he would do his fucking air guitar I wanted to kill myself. He honestly killed the game for me, 'cuz I liked apollo, trucy and ema, but that klavier guy was just killing me

[quote name='bardiya27']but that klavier guy was just killing me[/QUOTE]they should have named him Larry instead of Klavier then...

becoz YOU'RE KILLING ME LARRY!!!

Wright and Co will beat any firm's advertised price or your trial is FREEEEE~~!

Very looking forward to this, I have played all of them and just couldn't put any of them down. I dunno I am really liking these just as much as I liked Hotel Dusk.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihZavNIIoc[/MEDIA]

"Trailer." I use quotation marks because I personally think a trailer should show actual gameplay footage, and this one is really just more of a hey-look-at-me movie.

At the very beginning, it shows Edgeworth in a rather fancy gold-trimmed coat. When did he get that? All the shots after that show him in his regular pink/red duds.

There's a point toward the end where it shows a bunch of characters half-shadowed out. I imagine someone paying attention could name some of them (if they are returning characters I mean).

1:41 he's pointing like he does in
3-5 when he defends for Phoenix
[quote name='Strell']
There's a point toward the end where it shows a bunch of characters half-shadowed out. I imagine someone paying attention could name some of them (if they are returning characters I mean).[/quote]
Fransiska
Ema
Butler (case 1-2 IIRC)
Oldbag? Really shadowy.
Someone in steel samurai costume
Meekins
Maggie?(Maggy? from 2-1
don't remember which was wrong. The murderer in 2-1 got nabbed because of that
) -Like oldbag?, can't tell. She solutes like the shadow does.
Lotta Hart
Cody from 1-3
New person (unless they're from GS4) I'm guessing this because new text is displayed when it gets to her.

Wow I have no life.
[quote name='Strell']
At the very beginning, it shows Edgeworth in a rather fancy gold-trimmed coat. When did he get that? All the shots after that show him in his regular pink/red duds.[/quote]
From 3-4, Edgey from 5 years ago looks like that.
y-edgeworth-handondeska.gif

There's a bunch of references to GS2 and GS3 in 1-5. Edgey's old suit is framed in his office in 1-5.

I thought it was the "young Edgeworth" garb, but the trailer was a little blurry so I couldn't really tell.

[quote name='Strell']At the very beginning, it shows Edgeworth in a rather fancy gold-trimmed coat. When did he get that? All the shots after that show him in his regular pink/red duds.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he wear that in one of the earlier games, during a 'flashback' trial?

It's the same coat as Manfred Von Karma wore, it looks like, but in Edgeworth's color.

[quote name='Doomed']Someone in steel samurai costume
Maggie?(Maggy? from 2-1
don't remember which was wrong. The murderer in 2-1 got nabbed because of that
) -Like oldbag?, can't tell. She solutes like the shadow does.[/QUOTE]

1. Probably either Sal Monella or Will Powers.
2. Maggey.

Oh no, it looks like they've added more of a "King's Quest" 3rd person perspective to the investigation parts. I dunno if that gameplay element is going to cut it, but I'm still hopeful this game will be awesome.

[quote name='gunm']Oh no, it looks like they've added more of a "King's Quest" 3rd person perspective to the investigation parts. [/QUOTE]

It's all investigation parts - no courtroom trials to deal with.

It's a spin-off game, so there's almost no need to compare it to the original trilogy/Apollo.

Also, King's Quest is awesome.

Shut up. It is.

[quote name='Strell']It's all investigation parts - no courtroom trials to deal with.

It's a spin-off game, so there's almost no need to compare it to the original trilogy/Apollo.

Shut up. It is.[/quote]

King's Quest was awesome.

In the 80s.

Oh yeah, I went there.

[quote name='gunm']King's Quest was awesome.

In the 80s.

Oh yeah, I went there.[/QUOTE]

Pretty poor logic from someone sporting "Generic SNK Fighter Avatar from 1997."

I kicked your ass out from there, in 4 glorious frames of animation stolen from Street Fighter II.

Ironically, King's Quest puzzles were about as far from "logic" as any rational thinking person should be allowed.

Not that they weren't fun of course.

But back OT, the game is Edgeworth, so that alone makes me want it.

[quote name='gunm']Ironically, King's Quest puzzles were about as far from "logic" as any rational thinking person should be allowed.
[/QUOTE]

Heh. I can attest to this and the many, many times we played KQ2 when I was a kid (on am IBM PC Tandy Jr., which has about as much computing power as cardboard), and I swear to god there was a bridge you just randomly fell off and died.

So after 2-3 hours of questing, it became a huge "Are we going to die when we cross the bridge?" Which of course you only had to do about 8 times.

And then we'd die.

My parents weren't techies, so we didn't really have disks to save data to. It was an all-or-nothing shot. Damn game.

Space Quest's illogical-ness far exceeds KQ, though. If MarioColbert comes into this topic, he's going to bitch at me.

Ok I'm about a month late to this thread but that in no way should undermine the amount of awesomeness I take this news as. :D :D :D :D

[quote name='LeafPanda']Wow, this is going to be awesome.
Is it part of the main stream Ace Attorney games or is it a side story?[/quote]
From the looks of it, there's no way it's not including Turnabout Samurai (1-3). Frannie's back too, so could be a sampler of all of the games + new case(s)

[quote name='Strell']It's all investigation parts - no courtroom trials to deal with.

Shut up. It is.[/QUOTE]
No trials?!

Bah! The trial scenes are the main reason I play the main series.

[quote name='spiwak']No trials?!

Bah! The trial scenes are the main reason I play the main series.[/QUOTE]

This is why it's a spin-off.

Come on now.

[quote name='Strell']This is why it's a spin-off.

Come on now.[/QUOTE]
When I first heard about this spin-off I still figured it'd have trials, just ones unrelated to Phoenix Wright.

I'll still be playing it, to be sure, I just wasn't expecting this.

Edgeworth's rival has been revealed: Elite international investigator Rou Shiryuu and his assistant Sheena.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/133/133974/

The screens also show the game's Logic system, where the Life Bar is used. As you collect evidence, Edgeworth can stop and think about how the evidence is logically connected. If you "connect" the wrong thoughts, then you lose some life.

I pretty much beat each Ace Attorney within 3 days of purchasing them. The writing and plot twists were so engaging. I lost sleep just staying up to finish cases.

I currently have the Steel Samurai theme as my ringtone and Klavier's Guilty Love as my wakeup alarm.

Sometimes I wish I could have my memory wiped just so I could replay these games.

[quote name='Homerun17']Again?....
That would make 3 now?.....[/quote]

I'm beginning to think Phoenix isn't so "not guilty"...

Much like the past Gyakuten Saiban games, a flash demo of the first case has been put up on the Japanese web site (SPOILER ALERT):
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutenkenji/trial/index.html

EDIT: Just a warning for those in Firefox (I haven't tested any other tab browsers); If to go to another tab while the demo page is active, it seems that this will cause the demo to freeze up at the bookshelf scene.

EDIT 2: Court-Records put up an English translation of the demo's script:
http://www.court-records.net/kenjidemotrans.htm

(Of course, I ended up finding it only after playing the demo all the way to the end using guesswork and my limited Japanese knowledge)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish this would come out already. Although I have thrown quite a bit of money already to this series, well, except for justice for all, but all the other 3 stayed relatively high in price T___T

Capcom's blog post announcement, for those who are interested:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_in...9_ace_attorney_investigations_miles_edgeworth

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth takes the Ace Attorney series from the courtroom to the crime scene, leaving the legal battle behind while bringing the action to various crime scenes.

This time around, the player takes on the role of famed prosecutor Miles Edgeworth, a memorable rival of charismatic legal eagle Phoenix Wright. Edgeworth actively investigates crime scenes in order to pursue the truth behind each case. By solving the challenging puzzles presented him, Edgeworth will work with the police to bring criminals to justice.

Users will be able to directly control the character avatar’s movement on the scene with the arrow key or touch screen and investigate the crime scenes freely. If, during the course of an investigation, users find contradictions, they will be able to obtain new information by presenting decisive evidence. In some cases, users will identify clues and conduct examinations of material witnesses. On these occasions, users will have to uncover the truth behind the crimes using collected information, the evidence, and logic.

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth is composed of several lengthy episodes. In the first episode, an argument in Edgeworth’s office results in a mysterious murder. Edgeworth, coming back from a one-month business trip, enters his office and encounters the body of the man who was shot. He is then threatened by someone who is presumed to be the suspect with a gun from behind. In the second episode, Edgeworth wakes up after being knocked out due to an air pocket accident inside a luxury airliner flying through turbulence. Shaken by the flashback of nightmarish past memories, he opens the onboard elevator’s door, only to find a male corpse. At this very moment a cabin attendant witnesses the scene and Edgeworth is made a suspect of murder!

Miles Edgeworth will have to confront suspects and get to the bottom of his cases by collecting information and evidence through detective work between key locations. Also, in the “logic” mode that symbolizes Edgeworth’s logical inferences, users can discover new information and evidence by combining two pieces of information out of the collected pieces. The real culprit that will be revealed through investigations and witnesses will be confronted in a ‘battle’ similarly fought (Testimony – Pursuit – Press – Confront) to that of the ‘Court Battle’ in the Ace Attorney series (Testimony – Cross Examination) to expose the contradictions.

Features:

• Starring Miles Edgeworth, the popular rival of attorney Phoenix Wright

• Gameplay moves out of the courtroom and onto the crime scene

• New investigative style using the Nintendo DS stylus to uncover evidence

• Several unique cases to solve with over 15 hours of gameplay

• New technique, such as “logic” mode assists you in uncovering the crime

• Unique dialog trees and interrogation techniques let you question witnesses to discover the truth

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Awesome. I can't wait to play it. Hopefully it's better than Apollo Justice.[/quote]

What's wrong with Apollo Justice?

bread's done
Back