OBJECTION! New Ace Attorney game! Play as... EDGEWORTH!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just wasn't as good as the other games.[/quote]

True, but it was better than Justice for All imo. I just didnt think Justice for all was as good as the first or trials and tribulation. At least Apollo Justice was a decent way to deter away from Phoenix Wright plotline and still keep a decent storyline, but yeah I agree, wasnt as fun as the first and third.

Yeah, I didnt really like apollo either. It was ok. last case was pretty cool though. what is with these games and people's moms?!

anyways...saw the trailer to edgeworth. definitely going to pick this up. and it looks like this game will have cutscenes? they look so cute. :D

Apollo took the game in a new direction. After the original trilogy, CAPCOM mixed things up with some new characters that related to the old universe of Phoenix.

I wonder what years this game takes place in...what universe? It looks like the old universe of Phoenix.

8 Months left :/ I hope it doesn't get delayed.

I liked Tracy, so I liked Apollo Justice. The wooden guy got annoying for me, but nothing that would keep me from enjoying the series. I hope they come out with Apollo Justice 2 soon.

whooo!

160px-MikeMeekinsNotSoAceBailiff.gif

NSFW!

EDIT: NSFW images have to be behind a spoiler and NSFW tag, but you can't post NSFW images on CAG anywhere other than the OTT. image updated. love, gwen

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I promised myself if capcom made a phoenix wright DSLite I would buy it, but a Blue badger DSI is much better so I bought it today kinda on the expensive side, but it comes with the game so that's nice.

I'll have to post my thoughts on the game once I get it playing it on the DSI will be awesome since I've been playing my games on my DSphat. :drool:

I'll probably just play a little so I can save the newness of the game when it comes over in english, but I don't know if I could resist good thing I got Apollo Justice to tide me over and a few other backloged games..

The Gyakuten Kenji e-capcom limited edition looks nice has the game, music CD with 5 songs from the game performed by Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, Video promotion DVD, DS game card case hold 6 games, Character Illustration Portrait, 2008 Orchestra Concert Pamphlet: Special Rewrite Ver. which has dialogues between the development staff and a manga from character designer Tatsuro and of coarse it comes with the game. I must say Capcom knows how to make a bundles. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone who has picked up the japanese version tell me if there is an english mode? I'm thinking about splurging and picking this up, but only if it's able to be turned into english like the previous ones

Sorry like Apollo Justice this will have no English just Japanese which will make it not so enjoyable unless you use a walkthrough or something like that.

My Gyakuten Kenji DSI came this morning both bundles are nice I mainly got the bundle for the extra goodies, but I intend to play the game of coarse I don't know how to read it, but ah well.

I haven't gotten a chance to play it well due to having to babysit my parent's boxer puppy, but I'll post my impressions tomarrow, but so far I like the music of the game.

Like past ace attorney games this has alot of text so it might not be too fun to play since you won't know what is everyone saying, but I guess I'll see how it turns out and of coarse anything that's pertaining to the story I'll spoiler it. ;)

Nice to see some english footage of it and comic con will have a playable demo of the game I think.

I beat the first case I really like the music of it so far and it's pretty fun too I can't wait till it comes to the US so I can understand it. :lol:

Gah! It looks amazing, I am so excited~~~! The fangirl within me rages on for all things Phoenix and Edgeworth. :]

It didn't make a formal presentation at E3 probably because most of the Capcom team from Japan stayed behind this year due to "Swine Flu" -- though I thought that crap was over... Drama queens.

I'm a very obsessed boy, I just bought a copy of My Japanese Coach and pirated a copy of Rosetta Stone so I can learn japanese just to play this game :/

That's pretty freakin' serious. I cannot lie. Tell me what you think. You might be able to get by with HANTAI! ...Or so Wiki tells me. :]

I will (hopefully) be preordering the English version, and it would be very nice if there were a preorder bonus like with the other Ace Attorney games.

Not preordering through Capcom, though. Digital River BLOWS.

Looks like a good game. I like all these walking animations. It makes this game look fresh and different. Logic is a plus.

I'm not sure if I can wait until 2010 to pick this up. I've been waiting for the next Ace Attorney for awhile, and the game play interface seems like it adds new life to the original series. Can't wait....too far away...

[quote name='soonersfan60']That's look great. What is the release date for U.S.?[/QUOTE]

So far, supposedly sometime in Feb 2010. That could change though, so well see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all of the previous Ace Attorney games have an english-language option in their Japanese releases? They are always text-based, and don't feature voice overs. Isn't the Ace Attorney series one of the more popular DS series for importing?

Has anyone heard whether or not this entry will have an English language option? They have done a pretty good job with the localizations, but I may not be able to wait.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all of the previous Ace Attorney games have an english-language option in their Japanese releases? They are always text-based, and don't feature voice overs. Isn't the Ace Attorney series one of the more popular DS series for importing?

Has anyone heard whether or not this entry will have an English language option? They have done a pretty good job with the localizations, but I may not be able to wait.[/QUOTE]
It's already out in Japan, and it's Japanese only. The only time they were in English was the three original GBA games, (PW:AA 1-3).

[quote name='Richard Kain']Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all of the previous Ace Attorney games have an english-language option in their Japanese releases? They are always text-based, and don't feature voice overs. Isn't the Ace Attorney series one of the more popular DS series for importing?

Has anyone heard whether or not this entry will have an English language option? They have done a pretty good job with the localizations, but I may not be able to wait.[/QUOTE]

Apollo Justice didn't have any English

I played at comic con yesterday!

the game does a few new things, regardless it still feels like the same game since new game mechanics dont necessarily make this game fun... I jus hope the story is good!!

anyway also got me one of these:

2zf0uok.jpg

they had tins and handkerchiefs, but only 3 straps for the uber fans! i.e. cosplayers.

I was able to get one tho coz I had the gyakuten kenji dsi!!

3093o1g.jpg
16auurn.jpg

before n after =P

No trials eh? Im still preordering it, because after all, its technically canon. The one thing that interests me is the phoenix wright case, and how it would play out

I donno anything about trials, but in the SDCC demo you still cross-examine ppl at the crime scene.

it's exactly the same as in regular phoenix wright, except now you're not in a court setting and have a judge dood shaking his head

This was nice enough to appear in my Gold Box this morning on Amazon, though I sure as hell hope the $39.99 price tag comes down between now and February. Too many DS games are breaking the $30 barrier lately.

did you monkeys all preorder?
i was a non closing game crazy and the manager told me that he was the only one to and so he was getting in 1 copy
i threw 5$ down though i know ill probably get it on amazon
go go go!!!!!!!
also, anyone know if its shipping with any cool swag?

I'll probably get it to kill time in February before the RPGpocalypse of March. Though there's only a couple of those RPGs I plan on getting at launch (Lunar and Sakura Wars, latter only because of the limitedness of the Japanese subbed version for PS2), the rest I'll have to wait for impressions before buying.

[quote name='thatswhatshesaid']did you monkeys all preorder?
[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordered the JP LE edition way back in May from Play Asia. So worth it, great game too. :cool:

bread's done
Back