OBJECTION! New Ace Attorney game! Play as... EDGEWORTH!

[quote name='Supplice']Pre-ordered the JP LE edition way back in May from Play Asia. So worth it, great game too. :cool:[/QUOTE]

how player is that

one of these days ill have to snatch up a AA LE lot on the fleabay

bought this on Friday (Wal-Mart) and though it still good, it isn't pulling me into it like the others have. Reminds me more of the Apollo game than Phoenix Wright games

[quote name='fart_bubble']bought this on Friday (Wal-Mart) and though it still good, it isn't pulling me into it like the others have. Reminds me more of the Apollo game than Phoenix Wright games[/QUOTE]

Thats why I heave been holding off. I have tried to finish the last case in AJ about 3 times, then I lose interest and forget about it.

I'll wait for this to hit bargain bin.

[quote name='fart_bubble']bought this on Friday (Wal-Mart) and though it still good, it isn't pulling me into it like the others have. Reminds me more of the Apollo game than Phoenix Wright games[/QUOTE]
That's not good. Apollo Justice was far inferior...

[quote name='soonersfan60']What made it inferior?[/QUOTE]

the game was okay but Apollo is a boring character. He was boring enough to the point where I struggled really hard to finish it up

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's not good. Apollo Justice was far inferior...[/QUOTE]

Apollo Justice was at least better then PW2... So as long as this is better then that I'm happy with it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Apollo Justice was at least better then PW2... So as long as this is better then that I'm happy with it.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to HIGHLY disagree with that.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'd have to HIGHLY disagree with that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I liked all three PW games better than the Apollo game

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Can you give us more details about this game and why it isn't pulling you and reminds you of Apollo?[/QUOTE]

now, I'm only on the second case but so far everything feels so forced (dialog, humor and even the first case had an odd disconnect vibe to it) with a character that is still annoying. And the whole thing where you can walk around the crime scene doesn't really add much at all. It's a little clunky and all it feels like so far it's unnecessary (nothing different than clicking on the images)

[quote name='fart_bubble']yeah, never liked him even after they removed the stick up his ass[/QUOTE]

I always found his character compelling, an individual who wanted to follow the path of truth and righteousness, but was called to the easier morality choice.

Just added the game to my Goozex wishlist. 3rd in line.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Thats why I heave been holding off. I have tried to finish the last case in AJ about 3 times, then I lose interest and forget about it.

I'll wait for this to hit bargain bin.[/QUOTE]

Ace Attorney games go on sale? I always assumed they just went out of print before they got to that point. I was looking for all of them last year and found new copies that were overpriced (over $50) and used ones that went for about $25-$30. Only exception was Apollo Justice, found a new copy for about $20 on Amazon.

I have my share of frustrations with the gameplay in the Ace Attorney series but ultimately do enjoy playing through them. Getting this one, despite the changes, seems like a no brainer for any AA fan.

Whelp, Amazon has shipped my copy and it should be here tomorrow. Kudos to them for finally shipping me a new release game in a timely manner. I really hope this doesn't suck ass. I love 1 and 3, thought 2 was far inferior, and skipped Apollo because of what they did to Phoenix. It's just not Ace Attorney without the Ace Attorney (or Perfect Prosecutor, or Gumshoe).

My copy of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth arrived this morning. I ordered it from Gamestop.com with free overnight shipping.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Whelp, Amazon has shipped my copy and it should be here tomorrow. Kudos to them for finally shipping me a new release game in a timely manner. I really hope this doesn't suck ass. I love 1 and 3, thought 2 was far inferior, and skipped Apollo because of what they did to Phoenix. It's just not Ace Attorney without the Ace Attorney (or Perfect Prosecutor, or Gumshoe).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought 2 was the weakest game in the series. I didn't like Franziska at all and that last case dragged on way too long. And it didn't help that I hated everyone involved...except the girl with the glasses.

Also Phoenix was the most awesome things in Apollo. And there was also more Emma which made me happy.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Yeah, I thought 2 was the weakest game in the series. I didn't like Franziska at all and that last case dragged on way too long. And it didn't help that I hated everyone involved...except the girl with the glasses.

Also Phoenix was the most awesome things in Apollo. And there was also more Emma which made me happy.[/QUOTE]

Franziska was annoying in court, but I liked her as a character. She shows up in this game if you didn't know, btw. And the last case blew like you said. People think it's mindblowing because
OMG HE'S ACTUALLY GUILTY
but the case is absolutely nothing special outside of that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Franziska was annoying in court, but I liked her as a character. She shows up in this game if you didn't know, btw. And the last case blew like you said. People think it's mindblowing because
OMG HE'S ACTUALLY GUILTY
but the case is absolutely nothing special outside of that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw the TGS(?) trailer and saw her. I can deal with her as long as there isn't too much of her.

The only decent thing about that last case in 2 is when Edgeworth shows up...

Looks like my copy is here. Can't wait till I get home. Still havent started Spirit Tracks and I need to play Love Plus

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Whelp, Amazon has shipped my copy and it should be here tomorrow. Kudos to them for finally shipping me a new release game in a timely manner. I really hope this doesn't suck ass. I love 1 and 3, thought 2 was far inferior, and skipped Apollo because of what they did to Phoenix. It's just not Ace Attorney without the Ace Attorney (or Perfect Prosecutor, or Gumshoe).[/QUOTE]

But Phoenix is still the star of Apollo Justice. Anyone who plays through the entire game always says this. You may not always be in direct control of him this time, but let's just say this is still very much his game (despite what the title may suggest).

Finished the first case today. The game is more of the same, with the gameplay repackaged a just a little (Logic, Deduce). All this does is combine investigation with the courtroom without actually being in the courtroom with the Judge (at least, that's how the first case played out). The writing/translation is still brilliant.

Playing as the intelligent and witty Edgeworth is definitely a nice breath of fresh air. I look forward to getting through the whole game.

[quote name='V878']But Phoenix is still the star of Apollo Justice. Anyone who plays through the entire game always says this. You may not always be in direct control of him this time, but let's just say this is still very much his game (despite what the title may suggest).[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. I've heard all about it. It breaks my heart to see Phoenix look like a
goddamn bum
though, so I've avoided the game.

This game is out for delivery. Hopefully I can play some tonight. If my husband or I don't get home until after 6, it might have to wait depending on if the UPS guy comes before 6 and ends up leaving it off at the apartment office (the office closes at 6).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh I know. I've heard all about it. It breaks my heart to see Phoenix look like a
goddamn bum
though, so I've avoided the game..[/QUOTE]

It's breaks your heart for him to look so awesome?

Wow, I'm already first in line to get the next copy of this game from Goozex. Played all the Phoenix Wrights and Apollo Justice. Soooo can't wait.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Just started the 3rd case. I have trouble balancing playing this and playing Catan on DS.[/QUOTE]

Did Catan come out on the DS? And if it did, WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?

Also: Man, this game seems polarizing. First we get warm impressions on here from long ago. Then some hype. Then it comes out and it seems to die down. Then it seems to be a poor addition to the series. Then I see reviews proclaiming it one of the best, with likewise remarks on here.

Make up your minds people.

[quote name='Strell']Did Catan come out on the DS? And if it did, WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?[/QUOTE]

It's out in Germany (it's supposed to have an English option). Would be nice to see it come out over here with Carcassonne

[quote name='Strell']Did Catan come out on the DS? And if it did, WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?[/QUOTE]

Both Catan and Carcassonne came out on the DS in Germany. Both have English options.

Catan contains the original game and the Seafarers expansion, with no extensions.

The campaign is mostly playing through the various scenarios from Seafarers with 3-4 players. Nothing special about the presentation, and the trading interface is kinda weak (compared to the 360 version), but the gameplay is just fine.

[quote name='Strell']Also: Man, this game seems polarizing. First we get warm impressions on here from long ago. Then some hype. Then it comes out and it seems to die down. Then it seems to be a poor addition to the series. Then I see reviews proclaiming it one of the best, with likewise remarks on here.

Make up your minds people.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because reviewers are disappointed the game hasn't received any major overhauls to the core gameplay (and it's very true) and thus falls in the mantra of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Trail and Error gameplay polarizes people, especially since you have to present an exact piece of evidence at the exact time, and while there are other logical connections you can make, the game only wants you to point out what it wants you to.

It's a flaw that's just inherent of the design and likely won't change.

For me, as long as the writing/translation is spot on, I will always be a fan.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Cammy Meele's character design is so jaw-dropping...[/QUOTE]

She reminds me of another Cammy.... I think that was the intention though. A cracked-out Cammy, but she looks a lot like her.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I think it's because reviewers are disappointed the game hasn't received any major overhauls to the core gameplay (and it's very true) and thus falls in the mantra of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Trail and Error gameplay polarizes people, especially since you have to present an exact piece of evidence at the exact time, and while there are other logical connections you can make, the game only wants you to point out what it wants you to.

It's a flaw that's just inherent of the design and likely won't change.
[/QUOTE]

It's a damned adventure game! Why are we getting reviewers reviewing a genre they hate?

Damn, I bet if Day of the Tentacle came out today, people would shit all over it. And then I'd have to bust some bitches if that happened.

Somewhat kneejerk aside, I just find it troubling that people get mad at a game's conventions for no reason other than personal taste. That's why I don't play football games - I don't know shit about them, so I shouldn't be trusted with the reins.

[quote name='Strell']It's a damned adventure game! Why are we getting reviewers reviewing a genre they hate?

Damn, I bet if Day of the Tentacle came out today, people would shit all over it. And then I'd have to bust some bitches if that happened.

Somewhat kneejerk aside, I just find it troubling that people get mad at a game's conventions for no reason other than personal taste. That's why I don't play football games - I don't know shit about them, so I shouldn't be trusted with the reins.[/QUOTE]

Well a review is personal opinion, isn't it?

Anyways, it's true though that the series suffers from trial and error gameplay.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Well a review is personal opinion, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

The whole "opinions can't be wrong" mentality needs to go. There's a difference between predisposed thought staining someone's perception versus legitimate errors.

bread's done
Back