Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

Thanks for the advice chnandler. Never knew about that, but it worked when I got my copy of Rogue One yesterday. I must have lost so many points for not knowing that little loophole.

Any chance that the Amazon copy can be downloaded and imported into iTunes? I like to load them up on iPads before road trips to keep the kids occupied.

I take the code to www.digitalcopyplus.com and generate an Amazon coupon code and buy the movie at Amazon for free. That gives me 150 + 50 points. Then I go to www.disneymovierewards.com and enter the code there and that gives me 200 + 50 points (for the 3D version).
Ho boy, I wish I had known about this earlier. Was able to use this for Doctor Strange and Rogue One for plenty of points. Thank you!!

Any chance that the Amazon copy can be downloaded and imported into iTunes? I like to load them up on iPads before road trips to keep the kids occupied.
DMA can be linked to several video services including Amazon, iTunes and Vudu. Once linked, your Disney DMA movies will be available on all of them. Redeem a DMA movie on iTunes, it's on Vudu. Buy a DMA movie on Vudu and then it's on iTunes, etc.

Amazon doesn't make it the easiest process in the world. They usually have two versions of these movies to buy:

Theatrical version
Plus Bonus Features

Always buy the one that says "Plus Bonus Features". I had to talk to support one time because I bought the wrong one and needed to have them correct it.
Actually, it turns out that this isn't universally true. Sometimes you have to buy the Theatrical version instead. The best way to figure out which movie to buy from Amazon is to do this:

• Go to the movie at www.disneymoviesanywhere.com and search for the movie in question.
  • Click the Buy button and a list of providers will appear. Click on "Amazon Video" and then click Continue. This will take you to the appropriate DMA version.
  • If you haven't already entered the Amazon promo code by now, you can do so on this page. Under the "Rent movie" and "Buy movie" buttons, click "More Purchase Options."
  • Click "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" and type/paste your promo code there and click "Apply."
  • Since I don't have a promo code I'm not sure what screens come up next, but I assume it will be self explanatory to buy the movie. :)

It's been years since I've done Disney Movie Rewards.... Just registered all of my codes (what a pain...)... do they still do free codes every month?

It's been years since I've done Disney Movie Rewards.... Just registered all of my codes (what a pain...)... do they still do free codes every month?
Yes they do. Via the email newsletter (mystery points) and also 5pts through the Facebook app through their monthly quizz

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I don't think you can play it from the app. Try using your phone's browser to check the Facebook page out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take the code to www.digitalcopyplus.com and generate an Amazon coupon code and buy the movie at Amazon for free. That gives me 150 + 50 points. Then I go to www.disneymovierewards.com and enter the code there and that gives me 200 + 50 points (for the 3D version).
First of all, thanks for posting this! I just doubled my points on a few recent purchases. Something I would like to add though is if you generate the Amazon code and enter it it into the general code redemption box (i.e. don't click through from DigitalCopyPlus) you'll receive a $20 video credit instead. I found this out by accident when trying to redeem Captain America: Civil War. I wonder if you can then redeem on DMA, get the points, and keep a $20 credit.

Sorry... I'm a bit confused. How do you get an Amazon coupon code? For instance, I recently purchased Moana on Amazon... what should I do for extra points?

Sorry... I'm a bit confused. How do you get an Amazon coupon code? For instance, I recently purchased Moana on Amazon... what should I do for extra points?

I'm still not following. Which code is taken to www.digitalcopyplus.com? Which coupon code is generated to purchase the movie at Amazon for free? Thanks in advance!

Do you have to redeem the code on www.digitalcopyplus.com before www.disneymovierewards.com?

Also... by doing this - will I be able to watch these movies on Disney Movies Anywhere?

I'm still not following. Which code is taken to www.digitalcopyplus.com? Which coupon code is generated to purchase the movie at Amazon for free? Thanks in advance!

Do you have to redeem the code on www.digitalcopyplus.com before www.disneymovierewards.com?

Also... by doing this - will I be able to watch these movies on Disney Movies Anywhere?
The code you get from buying the blu ray. He is saying if you redeem at digitalcopyplus you can get an Amazon code to redeem. You get points doing it this way. Then you can also redeem the code from blu ray for Disney movie rewards points.

The code you get from buying the blu ray. He is saying if you redeem at digitalcopyplus you can get an Amazon code to redeem. You get points doing it this way. Then you can also redeem the code from blu ray for Disney movie rewards points.
But if you redeem the code for an Amazon code - are your movies registered there? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is will this allow me to view the movies on Disney Movies Anywhere if done this way?

But if you redeem the code for an Amazon code - are your movies registered there? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is will this allow me to view the movies on Disney Movies Anywhere if done this way?
If you have an Amazon account and it is linked to your DMA account, then yes it will be registered to your DMA account and you can view it from any other connected provider.

DMA can be linked to several video services including Amazon, iTunes and Vudu. Once linked, your Disney DMA movies will be available on all of them. Redeem a DMA movie on iTunes, it's on Vudu. Buy a DMA movie on Vudu and then it's on iTunes, etc.

Thanks - for my next code I'll definitely give it a try.

First of all, thanks for posting this! I just doubled my points on a few recent purchases. Something I would like to add though is if you generate the Amazon code and enter it it into the general code redemption box (i.e. don't click through from DigitalCopyPlus) you'll receive a $20 video credit instead. I found this out by accident when trying to redeem Captain America: Civil War. I wonder if you can then redeem on DMA, get the points, and keep a $20 credit.
Woah, this is potentially interesting news.

Redeeming the code on Disney Rewards will net you the digital copy usually. Easy to test. Redeem on digital copy plus. Put code in Amazon for general cod redemption then put code in on DMR. Should end up with $20 Amazon video credit and the digital copy based on your notes.

Which you could in turn use to buy other Disney movies which you'll get points for. haha.

BudzMcGee said:
Woah, this is potentially interesting news.

Redeeming the code on Disney Rewards will net you the digital copy usually. Easy to test. Redeem on digital copy plus. Put code in Amazon for general cod redemption then put code in on DMR. Should end up with $20 Amazon video credit and the digital copy based on your notes.

Which you could in turn use to buy other Disney movies which you'll get points for. haha.
I doubt it ends up being generic video credit it is more likely that it is a tied promotional video credit for that specific movie. Amazon has a system for this were they can set up conditional rules on promotional credits they generate and have done this in the past such as when they did the kung fu panda 1 and 2 giveaway promo and they used to do this with digital video games as well. It will look like a generic credit in your viewing history but then it can only be used to purchase that specific thing that it was generated for. My guess is that you would end up losing here because you would not be able to repurchase that movie on amazon and the credit would be in your account but would become unusable and you would end up losing out because you would lose the potential extra redeemable amazon points from the glitch/workaround when you do it the other way. If someone wants to give it a try and let us know that you were actually able to purchase a completely different movie then that would be really cool but I highly doubt that it actually would work that way and I don't have any codes that I could test it with right now.

I doubt it ends up being generic video credit it is more likely that it is a tied promotional video credit for that specific movie. Amazon has a system for this were they can set up conditional rules on promotional credits they generate and have done this in the past such as when they did the kung fu panda 1 and 2 giveaway promo and they used to do this with digital video games as well. It will look like a generic credit in your viewing history but then it can only be used to purchase that specific thing that it was generated for. My guess is that you would end up losing here because you would not be able to repurchase that movie on amazon and the credit would be in your account but would become unusable and you would end up losing out because you would lose the potential extra redeemable amazon points from the glitch/workaround when you do it the other way. If someone wants to give it a try and let us know that you were actually able to purchase a completely different movie then that would be really cool but I highly doubt that it actually would work that way and I don't have any codes that I could test it with right now.
I've redeemed two movies for double points. The first time I didn't follow chandler_bong's directions all the way and that's how I stumbled onto the $20 credit. The second time I followed the directions and ended up with an "invisible" credit i.e. only good for that specific movie and not appearing in my account.

Okay - so I figured out how to link my DMR account to a VUDU, iTunes, Amazon and Google Play accounts.

Just to confirm - going forward, I should redeem my future codes www.digitalcopyplus.com... select a service (Amazon works best?) and then redeem on Amazon - which would give me DMR point. I then can use the same code again directly on DMR to get points again. Is this correct?

I've probably lost thousands of points previously - so I want to make sure I fully understand this before redeeming anything else. 

Thanks!

Okay - so I figured out how to link my DMR account to a VUDU, iTunes, Amazon and Google Play accounts.

Just to confirm - going forward, I should redeem my future codes www.digitalcopyplus.com... select a service (Amazon works best?) and then redeem on Amazon - which would give me DMR point. I then can use the same code again directly on DMR to get points again. Is this correct?

I've probably lost thousands of points previously - so I want to make sure I fully understand this before redeeming anything else.

Thanks!
This all sounds in order, assuming you are talking about taking the Amazon coupon code to www.amazon.com and the original DMR code to www.disneymovierewards.com.

I think so - when I get my next blu ray code I will try this. Where does the Amazon code get entered?
Once you generate the Amazon coupon code, www.digitalcopyplus.com will direct you to the URL at Amazon.com where you can redeem that code. Make sure you are signed in to Amazon.com before you redeem the code or else you'll get an error. You then find the movie in Amazon Video and purchase it. I recommend immediately going to your digital orders and make sure you were charged $0.

I've redeemed two movies for double points. The first time I didn't follow chandler_bong's directions all the way and that's how I stumbled onto the $20 credit. The second time I followed the directions and ended up with an "invisible" credit i.e. only good for that specific movie and not appearing in my account.
The million dollar (or well $20) question is if that credit is actually credit. Have you tried to buy something else with it? Worse case scenario I imagine you can still buy the movie you redeemed it for.

I'm assuming you were still able to redeem the code on DMR to get points and a digital copy as well.

I'm also curious where you redeemed the code? I can't find a generic place to redeem it.

OK, I can put the issue to bed. Yes, it shows as $19.99 in video credit, but in reality it's only for the movie you redeemed. You can still use it for that movie after entering the code in elsewhere. So no, this is not a glitch that lets you get $20 amazon video credit and the movie. Damn that would have been awesome though.

They will shut it down as soon as I figure out how to do it! lol

I need to change my email addresses though. I've been using really old ones for both sites.

Thanks! It's working! Got 600 points for Lilo and Stitch 2-pack alone! Got three more movies on the way. Gonna keep going this route until they wise up and shut it down.
Been using this Amazon Video system for double points for several weeks now, but it hasn't been without some issues. When I tried redeeming Pocahontas II, promo code completely did not apply and I was charged. Took some wrangling through chat, but had it ultimately fixed, and then also had to contact DMA support because it also didn't port to other providers. I also had a problem with Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh where it seems to have only gave me $14.99 of promo credit, so it ended up charging me $5 out of my own balances. Again, chatting fixed it, but it's been a bit of a hassle, but has been ultimately worth it for all the points I've been getting.

However, my very last redemption suddenly made me think perhaps there was a better way. When I tried redeeming Jungle Book 2, I was surprised to learn redeeming through Amazon wasn't even an option. I guess because of rights issues, Amazon doesn't currently sell it. So I was forced to redeem through Vudu and figured the double point redemption for this one would be lost. But to my surprise, when I went to try anyway to redeem on DMR, it still worked and gave me the extra 150 points! I don't know if this was a one time deal related to the fact that Amazon doesn't carry Jungle Book 2, but now I'm wondering if I could have been redeeming through Vudu all along. It's a much simpler process than having to use Amazon's promo codes, which as I said above, haven't always been completely successful and somewhat confusing. Food for thought...

bread's done
Back