Offical Heavenly Sword Thread (Current GStat av score = 8.0)

[quote name='Zoglog']alot of balls, good to see some open environments. Alot of tootin in that video and it all looks fantastic and seems to run at a smooth framerate. But yeah we'll see when it's out.[/quote]

Demo will be out before the game so we won't have to wait THAT long. :)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Demo will be out before the game so we won't have to wait THAT long. :)[/QUOTE]

as long as it isn't last year's e3 demo, it was running pretty damn smooth then.

I can't wait for a demo to come out. I hope they put one out during E3 with a LAIR demo.

This is looking to be the next great action game if it plays as good as it looks in the trailers.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']So, based on the 20 minute video I watched, this game is completely devoid of blood/gore?[/QUOTE]
928391_20070516_screen012.jpg

would be quite a bloody good time if it had the blood volume of ninja gaiden or god of war. Even if not it still looks like a pretty good time from the video

It's kinda upsetting that there's no blood in the game, but I guess they're going for a different demographic than GoW/NG. Want to get that T rating. IMO blood and gore actually make the game more enjoyable in a visceral sense. Gameplay is priority of course, and hopefully this game will be a blast despite that.

[quote name='dallow']The blood is subtle, but it's there.[/QUOTE]
Fine with me. I dont need blood splattering everywhere to enjoy a game. :p

Demo is slated for July in Euro region so... if It doesn't come out here we can at least create accounts and grab it there.

Also the "Animated History of Heavenly Sword" will be hitting the PSN in different parts. I thought they were only going to be on the game disc but looks like we get to see them early!

I was watching an interview on G4 today about this game. I didn't know they got some pretty big special effect guys for this game.

[quote name='seanr1221']I was watching an interview on G4 today about this game. I didn't know they got some pretty big special effect guys for this game.[/quote]

You mean the Weta guys? (they did king kong, lord of the ring movies, ect)

Or the guy who played Gollum from LotR as one of their motion capture actors?

[quote name='NamPaehc']You mean the Weta guys? (they did king kong, lord of the ring movies, ect)

Or the guy who played Gollum from LotR as one of their motion capture actors?[/QUOTE]

Both :lol:

I couldn't remember specifics until you posted, so I didn't want to take a stab at it and be completely off. I just remember they were some big names.

[quote name='NamPaehc']You mean the Weta guys? (they did king kong, lord of the ring movies, ect)

Or the guy who played Gollum from LotR as one of their motion capture actors?[/quote]

Damn, talk about bringing out the big guns :shock:

Joystiq E3 preview.

Part of it:

One of our favorite things about Heavenly Sword has to be its blocking and counter system. There's no button for blocking. Rather, by simply standing still, Nariko will be able to block most enemy attacks. With the right timing, the player can press an attack button to counter an enemy in a rather beautiful display of power. Players will want to learn enemy movements and watch them closely, as they can enter stances of their own. Although the game will throw massive amount of enemies in Nariko's way, each battle feels a bit more decisive than those in God of War.

Gotta love the anti-fanboy and negative comments that started dropping on that review :roll:

Why do people always feel the need to resort to that :dunce:

I'm tempted to register just to renounce what they say, but meh, they'll still be asses and this game just looks better and sounds "awesomer" everytime :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Gotta love the anti-fanboy and negative comments that started dropping on that review :roll:

Why do people always feel the need to resort to that :dunce:

I'm tempted to register just to renounce what they say, but meh, they'll still be asses and this game just looks better and sounds "awesomer" everytime :D[/QUOTE]

huh, I didn't notice any.

Agreed, this game does sound better and better every time I hear about it.

Does this game count as "1st gen"? It'll be out before the year is over so I would thing so. If this is where the PS3 is starting, then I can't wait to see what is being developed down the line.

[quote name='mwynn']http://www.ninjatheory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324
People at home really want to get hands on too. Well, let me just tell you all that the dev team has finished work on the demo.. that's it... it's in the bag... so now it's a case of Sony deciding when they feel is the best time to release it to PlayStation Network.[/QUOTE]

I know euro PSN players will get it next month for sure, but that's all I know.

[quote name='Apossum']huh, I didn't notice any.

Agreed, this game does sound better and better every time I hear about it.[/quote]

Oh, if you scroll down the page you'll hit the "Reader's Comments" section. Most of them started getting into arguments and the usual blaa blaa, but some of them seem to be faded/barely visible, so I guess that's their way of weeding out the nonsense comments...?

I've never played God Of War, it really never really got my interest, but then again, I've been caught up in a lot of PS2 RPG backlog lately :p

I too wonder what kind of games will be produced a couple years from now :D
*thinks of Heavenly Sword sequel*:bouncy:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh, if you scroll down the page you'll hit the "Reader's Comments" section. Most of them started getting into arguments and the usual blaa blaa, but some of them seem to be faded/barely visible, so I guess that's their way of weeding out the nonsense comments...?

I've never played God Of War, it really never really got my interest, but then again, I've been caught up in a lot of PS2 RPG backlog lately :p

I too wonder what kind of games will be produced a couple years from now :D
*thinks of Heavenly Sword sequel*:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

oh, yeah, I just don't read comments on joystiq anymore. it's a mess. sadly, it's the same way around here these days-- hardly a thread without some form of hating going on (not saying I'm not often a part of this...but I only try to hate haters :lol: )

[quote name='Apossum']oh, yeah, I just don't read comments on joystiq anymore. it's a mess. sadly, it's the same way around here these days-- hardly a thread without some form of hating going on (not saying I'm not often a part of this...but I only try to hate haters :lol: )[/QUOTE]

I'd much prefer a less-than-hater forum... but there's always someone who feels the need (desire, uncontrollable urge, whatever) to spend 90% of their online time bashing this or that.

*shrug* I'd much rather turn it into a joke than make it such a serious subject, but sometimes the absurdity of it all clouds the fun we're all supposed to be having discussing our hobby. :)

..it's always fun until someone loses an eye.

That said... Heavenly Sword is my top o' the list anticipated title. It looks great... the premise is right up my alley... and I'm stoked for it. :)

[quote name='Apossum']oh, yeah, I just don't read comments on joystiq anymore. it's a mess. sadly, it's the same way around here these days-- hardly a thread without some form of hating going on (not saying I'm not often a part of this...but I only try to hate haters :lol: )[/quote]
Haha, same here. I like to avoid flame baiters, but sometimes there are some comments that cannot go unnoticed/uncontested :whistle2:#

So...still no news on a US demo? I am crushed...:(

The story seems intriguing enough. So basically she dies and that's where the game starts eh?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, same here. I like to avoid flame baiters, but sometimes there are some comments that cannot go unnoticed/uncontested :whistle2:#

So...still no news on a US demo? I am crushed...:([/QUOTE]

there has to be a U.S. demo this week-- region free, same language. or maybe this is how they'll test their new fake account security system >_<

I'd much prefer a less-than-hater forum... but there's always someone who feels the need (desire, uncontrollable urge, whatever) to spend 90% of their online time bashing this or that.

*shrug* I'd much rather turn it into a joke than make it such a serious subject, but sometimes the absurdity of it all clouds the fun we're all supposed to be having discussing our hobby.

..it's always fun until someone loses an eye.

That said... Heavenly Sword is my top o' the list anticipated title. It looks great... the premise is right up my alley... and I'm stoked for it.

agreed on all points :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know euro PSN players will get it next month for sure, but that's all I know.[/quote]

From what I read it is do before the end of July and not next month unless something changed.

[quote name='Apossum']there has to be a U.S. demo this week-- region free, same language. or maybe this is how they'll test their new fake account security system >_

[quote name='Inf^Shini']By torturing us with a Euro first release?!? :*([/QUOTE]

well, they do get the shaft on almost all things gaming, all the time, so it's not like they don't deserve it. but it would be hard to make that concession to them :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']well, they do get the shaft on almost all things gaming, all the time, so it's not like they don't deserve it. but it would be hard to make that concession to them :lol:[/quote]

Yea, give em' something else, this is the first time in a while I've actually been looking forward to something to play, albeit it's b/c of all the gameplay vids :p

[quote name='dallow']Surprise US release tomorrow, and get it late to the EU gamers next week.
They're used to waiting.[/quote]

Seriously, demo's coming out tomorrow?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Seriously, demo's coming out tomorrow?[/quote]Oh whoops!
I meant, that's what I hope will happen.

Sorry to make your heart skip a beat!

[quote name='dallow']Oh whoops!
I meant, that's what I hope will happen.

Sorry to make your heart skip a beat![/quote]
:cold::cold::cold:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wonder from where ;)[/quote]

Me too.....:O

Heavenly Sword will be getting online multiplayer in November 2007. It will be a downloadable add-on via the PlayStation Store. It will be free of charge. There will be several modes available in online play. You will create your own custom warrior to fight online, with a varitey of customization options. You can also download accessories and many other items for your warrior on the PlayStation Store. Currently the modes available are:

* Deathmatch (Maximum of 8 players per game)
* PVP (1 vs. 1)
* Capture the Flag (16 players)
* Control (Capture all the Zones on the map to win, 16 players)
* 2 modes that have yet to be revealed

The download will also bring splitscreen offline and splitscreen online (similar to Warhawk) to the game. Online seems to be a must this generation and Ninja Theory will be bringing it to Heavenly Sword. Hopefully it isn’t just tacked on, I wouldn’t mind them even delaying the game to make sure that online is available on the day of release.

http://gaminginsider.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/heavenly-sword-to-get-online-multiplayer/

No source.

bread's done
Back