Offical Heavenly Sword Thread (Current GStat av score = 8.0)

I'm not sure how these online options contribute to the game. It sounds like they took the Resistance multi-player modes and just tacked them on. I don't expect a game like God of War to have multi-player and I didn't expect this one too either. Sounds pretty lame.

[quote name='imascrub']Now why would extra content be lame in this generation of $60 games?[/QUOTE]
Just because they can doesn't mean they should. Not that I'm complaining. Extra value is always good as long as it doesn't take away from the core gameplay. And as long as it doesn't delay the game.

[quote name='torifile']Just because they can doesn't mean they should. Not that I'm complaining. Extra value is always good as long as it doesn't take away from the core gameplay. And as long as it doesn't delay the game.[/QUOTE]
And it's not delaying the game or affecting the core gameplay so why are you complaining?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So is there any indication yet that the July 26 demo release will be for US as well?:eek:[/quote]

No, but it is EASY to create accounts in different regions. :)

Where is Ninja Theory based in? Country? Space?

[quote name='torifile']Jesus dude. Chill out. I wasn't really complaining I was just commenting.[/quote]

I'm curious, what games have had the multi-player mode take away from the core gameplay?:/

Free multiplayer add on?

Umm, sounds pretty awesome to me. Even if it isn't done very well, it's free extra content and should be good for a laugh.

I'm in.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Where is Ninja Theory based in? Country? Space?

I'm curious, what games have had the multi-player mode take away from the core gameplay?:/[/quote]

NT is based in England I believe. :)

And as far as Multiplayer, I'm SURE I saw/read at E3 that one of the devs said this was a single player only game.

Also... Word on the street is that US might be getting Lair instead of Heavenly Sword next week...

[quote name='mwynn']Heavenly Sword will be getting online multiplayer in November 2007. It will be a downloadable add-on via the PlayStation Store. It will be free of charge. There will be several modes available in online play. You will create your own custom warrior to fight online, with a varitey of customization options. You can also download accessories and many other items for your warrior on the PlayStation Store. Currently the modes available are:

* Deathmatch (Maximum of 8 players per game)
* PVP (1 vs. 1)
* Capture the Flag (16 players)
* Control (Capture all the Zones on the map to win, 16 players)
* 2 modes that have yet to be revealed

The download will also bring splitscreen offline and splitscreen online (similar to Warhawk) to the game. Online seems to be a must this generation and Ninja Theory will be bringing it to Heavenly Sword. Hopefully it isn’t just tacked on, I wouldn’t mind them even delaying the game to make sure that online is available on the day of release.

http://gaminginsider.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/heavenly-sword-to-get-online-multiplayer/

No source.[/QUOTE]

all this from the guys who brought you Kung Fu Chaos

[quote name='Apossum']all this from the guys who brought you Kung Fu Chaos[/QUOTE]

Ninja Theory did Kung Fu Chaos? All of a sudden I worry for this game. =/

[quote name='NamPaehc']NT is based in England I believe. :)

And as far as Multiplayer, I'm SURE I saw/read at E3 that one of the devs said this was a single player only game.

Also... Word on the street is that US might be getting Lair instead of Heavenly Sword next week...[/quote]
Ah ha, that's probably why Europe is getting the demo first :whistle2:k

A Lair demo is cool, I can deal with that ;) It reminds me a lot of Panzer Dragoon

[quote name='Apossum']all this from the guys who brought you Kung Fu Chaos[/quote]
Kung Fu Chaos is a BAD ASS game >=D

That was one hella fun game, especially as a party game.

"You pick candy, you dirty" ;)

[quote name='Vendetta']Ninja Theory did Kung Fu Chaos? All of a sudden I worry for this game. =/[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's like a nagging thought at the back of my head every time I see anything. I'm sure it's the Kung Fu Chaos team with an extra couple hundred people though...

Don't believe that release, the site it's on is just a blog made to look like a gaming site. There's nothing out there on reputable sites that say Heavenly Sword will have multiplayer.

Also, let's have common sense, Heavenly Sword is in no way a game that could support multiplayer. The gameplay is meant to be a slice-em-up like God of War, Devil May Cry, or older games like Double Dragon (which were beat-em-ups). The only kind of multiplayer that the gameplay of those games could support is co-op. Otherwise, there's really no way to balance a player vs. player game with the moves given to players in the game.

So in other words, it's a hoax.

[quote name='Vanigan']Don't believe that release, the site it's on is just a blog made to look like a gaming site. There's nothing out there on reputable sites that say Heavenly Sword will have multiplayer.

Also, let's have common sense, Heavenly Sword is in no way a game that could support multiplayer. The gameplay is meant to be a slice-em-up like God of War, Devil May Cry, or older games like Double Dragon (which were beat-em-ups). The only kind of multiplayer that the gameplay of those games could support is co-op. Otherwise, there's really no way to balance a player vs. player game with the moves given to players in the game.

So in other words, it's a hoax.[/quote] My thoughts exactly.
I'm curious, what games have had the multi-player mode take away from the core gameplay?:/
Developing a multi-player would take away resources from other things. It could force devs to scarifice on textures or maps to fit into the constraints of online play, etc. That's how a MP mode could affect SP gameplay.

It could also negatively affect reviews if it's shitty, which could then affect sales, which could then affect future development like new maps or whatnot. I'll reiterate what I said above - added *value* is a good thing, especially if it's free. Added shit is not a good thing, even free.

[quote name='torifile']My thoughts exactly.

Developing a multi-player would take away resources from other things. It could force devs to scarifice on textures or maps to fit into the constraints of online play, etc. That's how a MP mode could affect SP gameplay.

It could also negatively affect reviews if it's shitty, which could then affect sales, which could then affect future development like new maps or whatnot. I'll reiterate what I said above - added *value* is a good thing, especially if it's free. Added shit is not a good thing, even free.[/quote]torifile = Dr. Mario Kart?

Tam Antoniades (Chief Design Ninja) E3 Audio Interview.

"Big @ss crossbow, which kinda helps..."

"About 40 Stages...Most of them involve combat."

"All of the bosses are really tough. They require ALL your skill in combat. So it is very different from fighting groups of enemies."

Inspiration came from films like Hero, Crouching Tiger for stunning visuals, stylied characters.

Game was started 2 years before God of War was ever announced.

"When you play the game, it is nothing like it (God of War) really."

Over 500 people in on the development.

September in Europe and US "for sure".

They have a lot of ideas for downloadable content, but they want to hear people's ideas so they can support their desires.

Really trying to support HOME.

Heavenly Sword = Trilogy.

Assuming it's successful, which it should be.

Sony's seriously shelling out a lot of money to make sure this is a good game.

500 staff is no small number, although I suspect a chunk of that is in support of the actors and mocap, either way that's insane. I suspect another reason for the large number is to help get things done more quickly so they can release this year.

[quote name='NamPaehc']4 days till euro demo if... you know, the words printed on the internet should be true.. :)[/quote]

Yea, and I just turned the legal drinking age today :mrgreen:

Ninja Theory goes public with its PSN downloadable demo this Thursday, July 26.

Get ready to make a date with blade-wielding, red-headed warrior Nariko this week as Ninja Theory's long-awaited Heavenly Sword demo is set to arrive for download via PlayStation Network on Thursday, July 26.

According to Sony, the demo is the same as that shown during Sony's Gamer Day earlier this year. So, expect to guide Nariko across some dangerously high ropes in a QTE-style manner before diving into a series of vicious scraps atop a crumbling precipice and elsewhere. The demo should give you a taste of Heavenly Sword's genuinely stunning visuals, as well as some hands-on time with the game's impressive combat system.

This bite-sized chunk of Heavenly Sword should hit other territories around the same time as Europe, according to Sony.

[quote name='Furashu']this game better come packaged with free diamonds, what a long wait. lol[/quote]

maybe no diamonds, but at least what we'll get is a polished game instead of a rushed one

fuck yeah! Ok, I'll let everyone know when I get the demo so that you can start downloading. It's only fair that I get first dibs.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn...the day after tomorrow will not come soon enough[/quote]Ugh, I KNOW.

I've never anticipated a demo so much, except for FFVII (with Tobal No.1) and MGS2 (with ZOE).

[quote name='Vendetta']What a horrible day for the demo to come out. I have off from work this whole week... until Thursday, of course.[/QUOTE]

same here, my week is pretty simple but on thursdays I'm always booked solid from 9am to 9pm, aside from some tiny breaks. argh.

Well, I've finally got an excuse to really focus on getting Remote Play working. I want that demo to be sitting on my PS3 the minute that I get home.

Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck. Don't suck.[/quote]:grouphug: Going through my head as well.

bread's done
Back