OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Roufuss']I don't mean to be a douche, but you do know a complete Secret of Mana fetches 50 - 60 on Ebay, right?

He was offering you a hell of a deal in the first place, I would have snatched up that $30 dollar SoM in a heartbeat.

Hell, cart only dosen't even go as low as $10... you're looking at 20 - 25 for cart only by itself.[/QUOTE]

In the same sense...$30 isn't a yardsale/swapmeet price.

[quote name='evilmax17']Bah. It was lightly raining all morning, and most of the sales we had on our list were canceled. We ended up finding 5 sales, and they all blew.

First week that we've gone out and come back with nothing. If last week sucked, and this week sucked, then NEXT week better be friggin gold![/QUOTE]

Heh, no offense but I don't think you can complain. I'm still mad about that Dreamcast kiosk score (well happy for you, but I want one!)

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't mean to be a douche, but you do know a complete Secret of Mana fetches 50 - 60 on Ebay, right?

He was offering you a hell of a deal in the first place, I would have snatched up that $30 dollar SoM in a heartbeat.

Hell, cart only dosen't even go as low as $10... you're looking at 20 - 25 for cart only by itself.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was going for about the $30 he was asking. I don't want the game to sell. I want the game to play. I know I'll find this game on the cheap probably for $1-$5. If I get really hard up for cash then I may turn to selling some of my games for a profit.

had aome luck found 8 snes games 2 for a dollar
nba live 97
bill walsh college football
mortal kombat 1 & 2
the legend of zelda- a link to the past
madden 94 and 97
ken griffy presents mlb

all these were cart, plastic protective piece on bottom and instructions

3 nes games with plastic sleeve no box and no instructions

excitebike
kung fu
super mario 3

not really a yardsale but went by a pawn shop and pick up a bag of 40 atari2600 games for 3 dollars

so i cant complain, but i am becoming a ys junkie, too bad at my job i work every other freakin weekend

Sounds like a pretty great score CamelKing. Those are 3 classic (great) NES games, and Zelda LttP is one of the best SNES games ever. Best Zelda hands down, IMO.

Well, I just went outside to mow my lawn and my next door neighbor had some stuff set up in his yard to sell. $15 dollars later I now have SNES system and the following games sitting in my house:

Super Black Bass (cart & box)
Super Mario World (cart)
Waialae Country Club (cart & instructions)
Tecmo Super Bowl (cart & instructions)
Street Fighter II (cart & instructions)

And...

Final Fantasy III (Complete with box, instruction book, & map)

Oh, and he also threw in issue #375 of the Amazing Spider-Man for free. Well, time to go actually mow the grass now.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, I just went outside to mow my lawn and my next door neighbor had some stuff set up in his yard to sell. $15 dollars later I now have SNES system and the following games sitting in my house:

Super Black Bass (cart & box)
Super Mario World (cart)
Waialae Country Club (cart & instructions)
Tecmo Super Bowl (cart & instructions)
Street Fighter II (cart & instructions)

And...

Final Fantasy III (Complete with box, instruction book, & map)

Oh, and he also through in issue #375 of the Amazing Spider-Man for free. Well, time to go actually mow the grass now.[/QUOTE]

gimme the ff3 NOW...great score

couple of good finds at flea market.

nintendo power glove - no hookups just the glove in excellent condition - $3

road rash 64 - .75

off road racing -SNES .75

Castlevania II simons quest - $2 (a little steep for this cheapass, but the guy I bought it off has the rest of the power glove goods game included and he'll be bringing it next week.

100_0073.jpg.w300h200.jpg

also stopped at a local yard sale asked the lady if she had any games and she said her husband has hundreds of old games in the basement just collecting dust. i offered up my number and she said she's having another sale the weekend of the 23rd and she'll pull em all out and put them on the side and that I should get there early and we'll make a deal on the whole lot. I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.

Vamp, I wish you good luck on that sale bud. Talk to me if you find any doubles ;). But as for my luck it was pretty poor, nearly no sales. But I stopped into Goodwill and found a few complete genesis games (plastic box) and cart/instructions nes gamesa little pricey though.

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Vamp, I wish you good luck on that sale bud. Talk to me if you find any doubles ;). But as for my luck it was pretty poor, nearly no sales. But I stopped into Goodwill and found a few complete genesis games (plastic box) and cart/instructions nes gamesa little pricey though.[/QUOTE]

Um .... er .... the names snotknocker. vampirella is my mistress of darkness. i'll be sure to share what ever good fortune that may be bestowed upon me with my fellow CAG's in the form of cheap ass trades.

Holy crap! I just noticed my big toe is sticking out in the corner of that power glove pic

[quote name='snotknocker']Um .... er .... the names snotknocker. vampirella is my mistress of darkness. i'll be sure to share what ever good fortune that may be bestowed upon me with my fellow CAG's in the form of cheap ass trades.

Holy crap! I just noticed my big toe is sticking out in the corner of that power glove pic[/QUOTE]

Eep, my bad man. That's what I get for not looking at user names, but signatures :whistle2:(

Oh, and that's a secksy toe ;)

today i went to a store much like a yardsale, just had a bunch of crap at yardsale prices, well i walked in and there was a huge section of video games and sytems. pretty good prices. i picked up a black sega dreamcas for 29.00 and 3 3do games i have been wanting. i also got 2 dreamcast games for 2.99 a piece, kof 99 and sonic adventure 2. i say the second one was a great deal, i spent 54 no tax for everything

Not much in terms of yard sales for me lately

Just got a FFVIII mint for 7 dollars and a Virtual Boy + Stand + 2 controllers + 2 games for $30...
I'm hoping this weekend I'll be following EvilMax's system somewhat and see what I can find...

I know this is all luck and location, but what are the chances you guys spot an SNES? I'm thinking of picking one up again, and doing this yardsale thing might be the spot, since you guys get awesome deals.

[quote name='balzak520']I know this is all luck and location, but what are the chances you guys spot an SNES? I'm thinking of picking one up again, and doing this yardsale thing might be the spot, since you guys get awesome deals.[/QUOTE]
It really, really has everything to do with luck, but here's my SNES stats.

During 13 seperate outings, once a week on Saturday, I've seen:
1 SNES with hookups + 1 controler, complete Super Metroid: $20 firm
1 SNES with 1 controller, Mortal Kombat cart: $2 (bought)

Actually, wow, that's it. We've only seen 2 SNESs on our outings, but I'm sure others have seen more. We seem to see at least one NES a week though, for whatever reason.

I say it's worth a shot though!

I've managed to pick up a ton of SNES...so few NES's around here.Anyway - I got three for a total of 15 dollars, and another for 20 dollars that came with 10 games (Kirby's and Mario's so ^_^).

[quote name='balzak520']I know this is all luck and location, but what are the chances you guys spot an SNES? I'm thinking of picking one up again, and doing this yardsale thing might be the spot, since you guys get awesome deals.[/QUOTE]

I have been out on 3 weekends, hit dozens of sales, and never seen ANY system. Definitely YMMV (obviously) but don't get your hopes up.

To my recollection I have not seen many SNES in my outings. Maybe 2 or 3 this year all overpriced. I did pick one up last year for $2 with a tennis game, no controllers or plug. It is the one I use now. I have another that's ancient and discolored but still works perfectly

System wise this is the order in my area
1. Genesis
2. NES
3. N64
4. PS1
5. SNES
6. DC

Well this weekend is looking a lot brighter than the last two. Not the biggest week ever in terms of advertised sales, but definately not the worst. I'm looking at this sale, which is in a town that's sort of out of the way and is more "city" than "suburban":
Sat. 7 /16 , 8-2 pm. MOVING SALE! 30 + yr clean out household items, games/toys, crafts, lots more!

30 years + games = Vectrex + Atari? Maybe, but it's more probable that they're just musty old board games. Dunno if I want to gamble our time on it or not. Maybe I'll 411 the number, call and ask them what they have. :)

Wow - you're lucky >_>
Tomorrow forecasts rain :cry:

[quote name='evilmax17']Well this weekend is looking a lot brighter than the last two. Not the biggest week ever in terms of advertised sales, but definately not the worst. I'm looking at this sale, which is in a town that's sort of out of the way and is more "city" than "suburban":
[/i]
30 years + games = Vectrex + Atari? Maybe, but it's more probable that they're just musty old board games. Dunno if I want to gamble our time on it or not. Maybe I'll 411 the number, call and ask them what they have. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Wow - you're lucky >_>
Tomorrow forecasts rain :cry:[/QUOTE]
You just really scared me, because I didn't even think to check. But thankfully:

Tonight: A few passing clouds. Low 61F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 79F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.

Cloudy in the morning with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. Humid. High 81F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Hmm.... Rain comes on later on in the day! Wooo! I'm able to go in that case...
I was wondering - are there any large directories where I could check yard sales in New Jersey? I've been going to the classifieds of local papers but zilch >_>
All I've got going are flea markets.

[quote name='evilmax17']You just really scared me, because I didn't even think to check. But thankfully:

Tonight: A few passing clouds. Low 61F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 79F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Cloudy in the morning with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. Humid. High 81F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Hmm.... Rain comes on later on in the day! Wooo! I'm able to go in that case...
I was wondering - are there any large directories where I could check yard sales in New Jersey? I've been going to the classifieds of local papers but zilch >_>
All I've got going are flea markets.[/QUOTE]
A google search turned up a few interesting things:

There's always Craig's List (I don't use it, but it's way better than nothing).

Also, check out these (I've never seen them before):
http://www.garagesalesource.com/
http://www.yardsalesearch.com/
I didn't find much on either, but it'd be a great idea if it gained in popularity.

Also, here is a list of NJ newspaper websites. If you pick out the bigger more popular ones (you'd know better than I), they might have a decent classifieds section. Poke around a bit.

That's all I got. :razz:

Nothing particularly great, but this is my first bang-for-the-buck bargain I've found (by my standards):

Model 1 Sega Genesis with hook-ups and one controller
Power Rangers
Road Rash
X-Men
688 Sub Attack
Evander Hollyfield Boxing
Streets of Rage 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
PGA Tour
Winter Challenge
NHLPA Hockey '93
World Series Baseball '95
Batman Returns

$10.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']Nothing particularly great, but this is my first bang-for-the-buck bargain I've found (by my standards):

Model 1 Sega Genesis with hook-ups and one controller
Power Rangers
Road Rash
X-Men
688 Sub Attack
Evander Hollyfield Boxing
Streets of Rage 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
PGA Tour
Winter Challenge
NHLPA Hockey '93
World Series Baseball '95
Batman Returns

$10.[/QUOTE]

that's a pretty good deal
I'm actually heading out right now
was this a yardsale find?
got any story to share?

Well i went to 2 garage sales just now. One was getting setup and had mostly furniture. The other...they lady was crazy! she was selling a modem for 100 dollars, boots for 50, sunglasses for 30. Old beat up movies for 5. And furniture almost what what it would sell for new....*sigh* if youre gonna have a garage sale, have a SALE

A few deals today

talking Pee-wee in box - never removed, still works box has got some creases - $2 did'nt even haggle this price

I also got what appears to be some kind of old Hummel figure (don't now much about this kind of thing) it's numbered 0008 or 8000depending which way you turn it. there's no other markings. The guy said it was really old that it belonged to his grandmother but part of it was broken. The kid supposed to be holding a jug. Anyway I picked this up for $1 - no haggle. If anybody knows anything about hummels let me know if this has any value.

Last but not least - GTA SA box and disc (meticulous condition) no book, PS1 MM8 complete mint, Spiderman PC, N64 Rampage, N64 Glover. - $12 . Talked down from $20. Originally the lady wanted $20 for GTA - $3 ea. on the 64 games - and $1 ea. on the MM8 and Spidey. I ask for the price on all, the women looks a little bewildered. Then little Bobby comes out and says $10 for the GTA. I say I'll give you $12 for everything. Mom says $14. I give bobby the look and say to Mom's I'm gonna look around. When I come back I'm like well $12? Mom's says OK $12.

There's actuall a couple more sales locally that I'm goona hit up now

100_0075.jpg

Nice finds snot, especially with that PeeWee doll, that thing is scary ;). I think I still have the little talking chair from pee wee's playhouse somewhere in my attic...

today was my first day yard-sailing. I hit about 15 sales. i had no information to go off of out of the newspapers, as the only advertised sales were pretty far. since i live in a fairly nice area, i just got in the car and drove. Most of the sales had baby clothes and stuff like that.
I wound up buying 6 shot glasses for $3 (four were Jim Beam NASCAR glasses with the Jim Beam logo on one side, the drivers name and number and signature on the other), and 2 Jose Cuervo shot glasses that celebrate the 200th anniversary of......something. They are dated 1795-1995.
i picked up Nirvana Unplugged without the case, and Van Halen's WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST for $.25 each.
I was only able to find one sale that had any games. I picked up 3 genesis games:
NHL '95 complete
Sonic Spinball complete,
and Mega Bomberman, which was in a Sonic 2 case (with Sonic's instructions).
I also got Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing for the Dreamcast.
These four games were being sold for $2 each, but i got all four for $5. I know that's not a great CADeal, but not too bad for the first day.

what i dont understand is what all you grown people are doin stealin the legos from the kids who actually play with them. what the heck are you gunna do with all those blocks?

[quote name='snotknocker']that's a pretty good deal
I'm actually heading out right now
was this a yardsale find?
got any story to share?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was at a garage sale.

I'll ocassionally head out with buddies to check garage sales. I also look for miscellaneous crap that's dirt-cheap, and it's a nice way to find vintage games (if you're lucky) without paying a high price on eBay.

We hit up 5 garage sales on the day. Two of them were within a block of my house. Not much going on there. The first one we went too was an old family friend...she handed me a graduation card with $10 inside...that was pretty cool. (Unexpected, too -- I graduated a month and a half ago...but I'm not going to complain. =P) Her garage sale did have a Dreamcast controller and some games; didn't even bother to check the prices. ( When you think about it, she essentially bought my that Genesis lot.

Earlier in the day I spotted three garage sale signs all within a teeny one foot radius. I suggested we looked at those one. The first two contained crap, not much more. The final sale we hit up looked pretty bare. We gave it a try, though, and near the back of the sale was a small table with the Genesis. The system itself was marked at $5, and those games lay beside it, each marked at $1. A sign read "Genesis + All Games: $10.00." Planning on buying the system to begin with, I figured "why the hell not?" and threw in $5 more. I already have a Genesis, but it can't hurt to have another...especially at this price. The guy running it explained how his son was getting rid of it, as it was becoming obsolete with him having acquired a N64, Xbox (etc) over the years. They also had some PS2 games on display. Notably, Madden 2003 was marked at $15.

I've only seen a few old games on my journeys so far. One lady had a regular NES marked at $30 with Mario...What a joke. I guess it's just about being lucky, you know?

1 NES (with hookups, A/V still in bag)
2 controllers
1 Space Attack (2600, cart only)
1 Doug Pen
Paid: $1

1 Lego 6969 Celestial Stinger

1 Karaoke Revolution (PS2, complete, disc pretty scratched up)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hit 60 yardsales today, mostly because there were a lot of neighborhood sales.

Saw a playstation with 6 games (nothing stellar) for $10. Good deal, but I didn't need it.

Saw a NES with ~6 games, all of which had USED Gamestop stickers on them, 2 controllers (one of which in a Gamestop used bag), and a gun. "I know a place where I can get this cleaned, and I know it's worth 50 bucks, but I could let it go for $25". Yeah good luck sister.

Saw an N64 with 6 complete games (Mario 64 and Mario Kart among them) at 12 noon. They wanted $10 per game, $25 for the system, and $50 for the lot. "We're selling these for $10 because you can buy them for $20 in the stores." Uhuh, sure. Which is why you still have this stuff, visible from a mile away, at 12 o'clock.

The NES we bought was hidden in a box under a table, with a little piece of paper that had "Play Station, $2.00" written in cursive on it. I found that funny. A nice old lady took a dollar for the box.

Saw a whole lot of crap today, but I can't complain too much, because at least there were sales to go to. After being burned by a few cities in the past, and being burned again by them today, we've officially made up our minds to avoid them in the future. Every week our technique becomes more refined, and by the end of the Summer I think we'll have our method down pat.

I saw a big Mr. T figure today but didn't buy it, but it would've been funny to report it on the same day as a Pee Wee Herman. :razz:

Just got back again.

I picked up a zip lock bag full of cutlery - forks, knives, spoons etc. about 150 pieces stainless steel good quality - $4. I'm forever running out of forks. There was a sticker in front of the bag on the table marked $7. I ask the guy if he'll take $5 even though I know $7 is a good price. If you've ever priced this stuff you'll know quality utensils don't come cheap. Anyway to my suprise the guy says if you want to pay $5 that's fine by me but I really only wanted $3. I mention the $7 sticker and he says that was from a different item he sold before. I was a little set back by his honesty or stupidity I'm not really sure which, anyways I gave him $4 and told him it was well worth $4 to me, I thanked him for his honesty and bid him a fairwell. (there's a lesson to be learned here)

Then i stopped at another sale and ask if they have games - 4 people sitting outside mother father son and daughter - all very nerdy looking. so the daughter says I have an N64 with 4 controllers and a bunch of games. She runs in the house to get them comes out with a dirty, dusty N64 with 6 games. So I'm like how much? and before she can even react Dad chimes in "those systems are going for $100 in the stores and those games go for $40 or $50 a piece" Now I start looking around Dad's lawn chair for the crack pipe. then the son says thats the new systems Dad I don't think this goes for anywhere near that. So dad looks at the kid like I'm gonna whoop your fucking ass you just blew my sale. He then says he'll give me the whole lot for the bargain price of $75. now I'm feeling insulted and say I'll give you $10. He then looks at me kinda digruntled and says "what are you trying to insult me, do I look desperate for cash? I know what these things go for. I walk away without another word. The whole scene was pretty comical

Not really a yard sale find but today i was helping my mom's friend move some boxes and i found a genesis with 2 controllers and sonic 3d blast, power rangers, toy story, and sesame street(...). i ended up getting it all for free so it was pretty awesome

I went to maybe 5-8 yardsales today. I bought a couple of things. First, me and my buddy each bought a hat. They were a quarter each. Mine is bright yellow along with some white. In red letters the word "Boston" is printed in a really ugly Times New Roman-ish font. I more or less because bought it because of the laughs it'll get me when I play baseball with my Red Sox buddies. The other hat said "Miller" on it, and looked almost like a train driver's hat (what's the name of those guys, again?). His last name is Miller, so, naturally, we picked it up.

Later on in the day I stopped by another garage sale. I was desperate for games. I spotted this funky looking metallic system sitting on a shelf. The name read "Mattel Intellivision." I collect old games if I can get them cheap, and the $2 price tag made it a sure thing. I don't even know how to put games in this damned thing. In fact, I don't even see an area that you could conceivably put them in. It didn't come with any games, either. I thought that they were maybe built into the console, but after doing a tad bit of a research, I thought wrong. Hell, I don't even know if this is the actual Intellivision system or a cheap knock-off. Oh well. $2 is nothing to stress over.

Pretty lame day. Oh well. Chalk up another system to my collection, I guess.

huh dang i need to go yardselling it seems but i work to much and never had time. i guess i have to stick with the online yardsell stuf (ebay) eeek overpriced

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']Later on in the day I stopped by another garage sale. I was desperate for games. I spotted this funky looking metallic system sitting on a shelf. The name read "Mattel Intellivision." I collect old games if I can get them cheap, and the $2 price tag made it a sure thing. I don't even know how to put games in this damned thing. In fact, I don't even see an area that you could conceivably put them in. It didn't come with any games, either. I thought that they were maybe built into the console, but after doing a tad bit of a research, I thought wrong. Hell, I don't even know if this is the actual Intellivision system or a cheap knock-off. Oh well. $2 is nothing to stress over.[/QUOTE]
That's a nice pickup.

The Intellivision was one of the Atari 2600's major competitors back in the day. The graphics were a lot better, and their commercials would specifically say "look at Atari soccer, now look at Intellivision soccer. It doesn't take a genious to see the difference". It's got a funky ass controller, but was supposedly great for sports games. I got the Intellivision II (the cheaper redesign) and a bunch of games a few weeks ago.

Great piece of history for $2, even if you don't intend to play it.

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Nice finds snot, especially with that PeeWee doll, that thing is scary ;). I think I still have the little talking chair from pee wee's playhouse somewhere in my attic...[/QUOTE]

I know you are but what am I?

they rented a parking lot nearby for people to sale their stuff, a small flea market. i was hoping to find vintage video games, but i didn't. I did find Metallica ...And justice for all and guns n' roses use your illusion two dollars each. five vintage comics 1 dollar each and the white file cabinet with the glass top new sealed in it's original box for 10 dollars (pic is after put together).

[quote name='ericx']they rented a parking lot nearby for people to sale their stuff, a small flea market. i was hoping to find vintage video games, but i didn't. I did find Metallica ...And justice for all and guns n' roses use your illusion two dollars each. five vintage comics 1 dollar each and the white file cabinet with the glass top new sealed in it's original box for 10 dollars (pic is after put together).

[/QUOTE]
imo thats metallica best album, right before the sold out, i have gone threw 3 copies

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']
Later on in the day I stopped by another garage sale. I was desperate for games. I spotted this funky looking metallic system sitting on a shelf. The name read "Mattel Intellivision." I collect old games if I can get them cheap, and the $2 price tag made it a sure thing. I don't even know how to put games in this damned thing. In fact, I don't even see an area that you could conceivably put them in. It didn't come with any games, either. I thought that they were maybe built into the console, but after doing a tad bit of a research, I thought wrong. Hell, I don't even know if this is the actual Intellivision system or a cheap knock-off. Oh well. $2 is nothing to stress over.

[/QUOTE]

Games can be had for pretty cheap . . . they load on the right side.

Were the controllers attached?

I got one at a Goodwill for $2 almost a decade ago . . . it was in great shape with controllers and hookups . . . I've found a bunch of games over the years for cheap (resale shops and some ebay)

Good find if you can get it working and get ahold of some cheap carts.

[quote name='snotknocker']also stopped at a local yard sale asked the lady if she had any games and she said her husband has hundreds of old games in the basement just collecting dust. i offered up my number and she said she's having another sale the weekend of the 23rd and she'll pull em all out and put them on the side and that I should get there early and we'll make a deal on the whole lot. I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.[/QUOTE]

I'm out the door in 5 - I hope this lady comes through - I'll keep you guys posted - good luck today

UPDATE - This lady came through with a slew of NES games, nicely stored most with instruction books. Pics and story to follow

Yesterday morning stopped by a couple sales on my way back home from the gym. The first one had a good condition NES Advantage controller, which I got for $1. Maybe not the cheapest ever, but it was my first video game-related score so I was happy.

I started talking to the woman, and she mentioned she had some old system at her house (this was her sister's house) and she'd go get it and set it aside for me! :) Who knows what it would be? Anyway, I went back this morning and it was a top-loading NES with one dogbone controller, but missing power source (which I didn't notice til I got home). Got this for $3.

My first score, and it only took like 10 mins instead of 4 hours of driving all over. I'm happy.

[quote name='Backlash']Yesterday morning stopped by a couple sales on my way back home from the gym. The first one had a good condition NES Advantage controller, which I got for $1. Maybe not the cheapest ever, but it was my first video game-related score so I was happy.

I started talking to the woman, and she mentioned she had some old system at her house (this was her sister's house) and she'd go get it and set it aside for me! :) Who knows what it would be? Anyway, I went back this morning and it was a top-loading NES with one dogbone controller, but missing power source (which I didn't notice til I got home). Got this for $3.

My first score, and it only took like 10 mins instead of 4 hours of driving all over. I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Good find. The top-loading NES has a scarcity rating of 5 on Digital Press. Those can go for a lot on ebay. I wish I could find one. I've heard they're a little more reliable than the other version of the NES.

UPDATE 2 - today score

100_0076.jpg.w300h200.jpg

Started off in a hurry to get to THE LADY'S house. I saw a sign as I pulled around the corner and could not resist stopping even though I was in a hurry. There on the table to my wonderment was a single SNES game - Zombies Ate My Neighbors (cart only) - I offered up 50 cents without hesitation she stuck out her hand and did'nt say a word. I thanked her and hustled off to my car. I began to think maybe this is a sign of better things to come.

I got to THE LADY's house and there were quite a few people outside. She recognized me and said, "you're the guy for the games - right?" I said yes and she invited me into her house because "it was too much to drag outside" I started going through a nicely stored box of NES games all packed in nice Nintendo Storage boxes. The first few boxes I opened I saw Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man 2, Adventure Island, Adventures of LOLO with instruction books. I immediately asked how much for the games and she replied $1.50 each. I think to myself - mmmmm let's go for the whole shibang. How much for everything? I asked. She seemed a little bewildered and said let me call my husband - she did and handed me the phone. I talked to the guy and he said $100 for everything. I immediately said listen I got $75 cash for everything. He said OK. I thanked her and handed the phone back to his wife and hauled my stuff to the car. Before I left the lady said there was more stuff that her husband needed to go through. I offered her my number and said call me when you're ready to sell more.

I went through everything and I'll post a list later. There's quite a few games I never heard of and hopefully there's those 1 or 2 rare games that will help me to recoup my $75. I would appreciate it if any CAG spots anything of significant value

All in all I scored

153 NES games most with instructions and nintendo sleeves
11 storage bins with lids
NES wireless remotes in box with papers
NES advantage
2 NES guns
Atari 2600 rollerball controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back