OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to a Chruch sale where they had nothing but another model 1 Genesis for $35, when the guy saw me looking at it he said he'd throw the cords in for $5. I hate these people.
Another guy had about 7 or 8 comics, late 70s Action and Flash, nothing exceptional, and in terrible shape. I asked what he was asking for them anyways, I would have paid $1 for them all for some reading copies, and his response is "These are the valuable books featuring super heroes, I'll go $15 a piece but knock off 10 if you buy them all". Normally I'd just walk away, but I had to get a word in and told him that I sell at comic shows and they're all worthless, but I'd give him $1. For whatever reason that comment got him furious and he started screaming at me about how I buy them 'wholesale' and he sells them 'retail' and if I didn't like that that's too bad, because he knew what they were worth. I pointed out to him that the retail price on the book was 30 cents and I'd take them all and started counting change, and he actually yelled F-off in the church and walked away. Should I have relented? Sure. But I got a kick out of it.

[quote name='Marshal_Medan'] For whatever reason that comment got him furious and he started screaming at me about how I buy them 'wholesale' and he sells them 'retail' and if I didn't like that that's too bad, because he knew what they were worth. I pointed out to him that the retail price on the book was 30 cents and I'd take them all and started counting change, and he actually yelled F-off in the church and walked away. Should I have relented? Sure. But I got a kick out of it.[/quote]

GENIUS!!!!!!!!! :applause:

Marshal_Medan --- first time I've truly LOL'ed on this forum in awhile. Double :applause:

[quote name='FOnewearl']Yeah that was a once in a life time find congrats cranguy![/quote]Dunno about once in a lifetime, but once in a year at least. I usually get a nice score like this about once a year, so I figure this is it for 2007. (I remember my big 2006 find with fondness.) But there's still a bit of YS season left......!

[quote name='karkyco']Score #1. About 120 NES games (in varying condition - I need to clean and test them, just haven't had time for that, but overall very nice condition other than dusty here and there), cart only except some manuals, plus the older model console, hookups, controllers, zapper etc. all for $50. [/quote]

I wish I could have bought a lot like that this year.. But then again, It isn't over yet.

[quote name='Marshal_Medan']I pointed out to him that the retail price on the book was 30 cents and I'd take them all and started counting change, and he actually yelled F-off in the church and walked away. Should I have relented? Sure. But I got a kick out of it.[/quote]

Hahaha! :error:

I'm having a yard sale tomorrow 11a-1p (Saturday 8/11)
19 Carlisle St in Cambridge, MA

Gameboy advance (system and games)
Gamecube (systems and games)

[quote name='people']I'm having a yard sale tomorrow 11a-1p (Saturday 8/11)
19 Carlisle St in Cambridge, MA

Gameboy advance (system and games)
Gamecube (systems and games)[/quote]

Someone on CAG informing us of their own yard sale? What a twist! Someone needs to check this out!

VERY slim pickings this weekend for garage sales.

I went to one sale and got:

Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
Top Gun: Combat Zones (PS2)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Charlie Blast's Territory (N64)

All for $13.

I tried to navigate through SummerGrove and thought I would go crazy :lol:

Craiglist find:

C&C Red Alert - Retaliation (PSX)
Rayman II The Great Escape (PSX)
Need For Speed High Stakes (PSX)
Super Smash Bros. (N64)

All For $20

i found a few game guides today they wanted a buck a piece i got all 7 for 5

KOTOR
KOTOR 2
FFX
Soul Calibur 2
Pokemon
GTA: san andreas
Super Mario RPG (Brady one trying to find what its worth but the only ones sold on ebay were nintendo ones)

unfortunatly the games had been sold a few months back but they found the guides when they were doing the sale

Today was my first time going to a garage sale I went to 3 different ones and on the 3 garage sale I found some game and systems.
I found:
A sega dreamcast with two controllers , a memory card, and a marvel vs capcom 2 game. all for 30 dollars.
In the same place I found a gameboy color with a charger and a kit for the gameboy color for 5 dollars. and I found a snes controller and a brand new never open lion king game.

I spent $37 dollars in all this things i gues it was a good deal for been my first time going to a yard sale but I think I could have done better.

Started out late today, 10 am, still found some OK stuff.

Dreamcast w/ games and 4 controllers = $8

Fatal Frame PS2 = $5

SNL Best of Molly Shannon new = $2

The Dreamcast came in a small bin which also had some notepads in it, loaded with all sorts of telephone numbers and email addresses. One in particular stuck out -- some guy's outpersonals.com (a gay dating/hookup site) login name and password. And yes it works :lol: Too bad it's not a paid account though.

The guy's 32 and there are no photos on the account. He also seems to have trouble forming a basic sentence.

Picked up a used copy of Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (PS2), game only, for $1. Too bad I don't have a PS2.

Also picked up 2 working VCRs (Sony & Mitsubishi) for $5, two camera tripods for $2, and an ancient Panasonic VHS video camera for $5. The latter items are for the wife's high school class she teaches. I'm sure they would be more interested in the DDR.

Another lame outing today. Managed to pick up a couple of goodies though

1001367yc3.jpg

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - complete
TOTAL- $2
IAP $5 CIF'd $2
1001366fw4.jpg

Tenchu
Driver
X-men vs. Street Fighter
Blast Radius
TOTAL: $1
Got these off a very friendly flaming homosexual gent. Asked for games and he said he might have a few in the basement and to stop back if I could. I came back 1/2 hour later and he had these. I asked how much and he came back with a flaming counter "what do you want to give me for them?" as he beemed at my crotch area. I said $1. He said OK and then asked for my phone number and if I lived in the area. So I was like "WHAT!" Then he said he thought he had some more and would call me if he found them. Last week the CD lady scopeing out my junk now this week this guy, I'm wondering what's in store for me next week. The rate I'm going I could very well make my first gaming purchase from a transvestite or a bull dyke lesbian.

NO PIC - IMAGESHACK OVERLOAD

Last sale of the day I scored a PS2 controller and 8 MB memory card
Total $2
This guy had a PS2 in pieces. I just picked up the controller and memory card walked over to him and CIF'd $2. Apparently I had just missed 40 games he sold in a bundle for $75

Snotknocker, only you could find a rare PS1 fighter for $0.25 and call it a lame day.

Who would have guessed we would both have gay-related yard sale stories today?

[quote name='cranguy']Snotknocker, only you could find a rare PS1 fighter for $0.25 and call it a lame day.

Who would have guessed we would both have gay-related yard sale stories today?[/quote]

The stuff I got was'nt lame. The fact that I was out for 4 hours and only came back with what I did was lame.

Well, nothing much for today. Went to about 6 sales, the usual rift raft, nothing gaming. Did see some mini Hello Kitty plushies that seem to be part of a set according to ebay, but I decided against it at the time since I didnt really think I needed more stuff that I'd probably wouldnt use.

Maybe its just me, but I've noticed that in the last few weeks, there have been a lot of VHS tapes out there, more than usual anyways. Thought I'd just mention it.

[quote name='snotknocker']The stuff I got was'nt lame. The fact that I was out for 4 hours and only came back with what I did was lame.[/quote]

I've gone out the past month from 8-2 on saturdays and the only stuff I found was a GBA Mario 3 for $5 and Paper Mario/Star Fox 64/ 2 Name Brand N64 controllers ofr $5.

Today all I saw was a couple crappy xbox games and a $7 GBC !

I just want to find some old school stuff !

I stopped by about 6 sales just in my town today and didn't even see any crap games :) I did stop by the Salvation Army near the mall when I was out and they had a Game Genie for the NES for .40 that I picked up.

Seeing as we haven't had much in the way of huge crazy finds lately (something insane like if somebody found a Neo Geo with more then a donzen carts at a yardsale for well under double digits) it's actually alot of fun reading about the funny stories like the gay related stuff, getting hit on by sellers and a guy crusing like a drunk sailor at a church sale of all places lol

[quote name='Bubbakja']I've gone out the past month from 8-2 on saturdays and the only stuff I found was a GBA Mario 3 for $5 and Paper Mario/Star Fox 64/ 2 Name Brand N64 controllers ofr $5.

Today all I saw was a couple crappy xbox games and a $7 GBC !

I just want to find some old school stuff ![/QUOTE]

That's yardsales for you it can be tough to impossible to find retro games at a yardsale. I remember one CAG said that he tried it out in his area for about a month and that it seemed like by the time he found a deal on something worthwhile it was nagated by the time and gas he spent yardsaling.

Worst way to find games (or toughest way to find good games) but the best deals can be had (at yardsales)

[quote name='snotknocker']I asked how much and he came back with a flaming counter "what do you want to give me for them?" as he beemed at my crotch area. I said $1. He said OK and then asked for my phone number and if I lived in the area. So I was like "WHAT!" [/quote]
[23:24] gokujm: ah yes, part of the homosexual agenda is to infiltrate all the yard sales now
[23:25] cranguy: yard sales, the last bastion of All-American Family Values
[23:25] gokujm: lol
[23:26] gokujm: that guy should know that no one does sexual favors for ps one games anyways, it would have to be DS at a minimum
[23:26] cranguy: i dunno, i'd whore myself out for some PS1 RPGs
[23:26] gokujm: lol, you would too
[23:27] gokujm: and they would just be copies of FF games you already own

[quote name='FOnewearl']That's yardsales for you it can be tough to impossible to find retro games at a yardsale. I remember one CAG said that he tried it out in his area for about a month and that it seemed like by the time he found a deal on something worthwhile it was nagated by the time and gas he spent yardsaling.

Worst way to find games (or toughest way to find good games) but the best deals can be had (at yardsales)[/quote]

Well it just happens that we are actually out looking for good condition stuff for our first kid who will be arriving in december. (I was pushing for Mario Luigi Simon, but no luck so far) I have just been covertly looking for games while we are out! We have found so many really nice clothing pieces for .25 or 1.00, its insane!

I bought a GBA SP with the charger and SMA2 for $9. The SP is the older model, But I was surprised to find it for so cheap.

Still in FL; I just got back from the Gunn Highway Flea Market and had no luck for the first 95% of my search, then found a couple bins of electronics, each with a game on top. Sifting through them yielded no games, although they did have FIVE(!) PSX's with no cables. I ended up paying $7 for:

Wario's Woods (SNES)
1943 (NES)
Justifier Gun (Blue, Sega Genesis)

Not bad for some relatively rare items. Wario's Woods has some label tearing and a rental sticker, but everything is in good shape otherwise.

I found this setup on the local user forums. It originally was $30 but I finally got him to come down to $25 for it all. I ended up getting:

3 N64 Controllers
1 N64 complete system
Wetrix
Chalries Blast Territory
Turok 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Knife Edge
Batman Beyond
Super Mario 64
Quake
Not a bad haul for $25.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1096393314/

My wife and I went on vacation out of town and I decided thatwhile she slept in the hotel room I would adventure. Unfortunatly the town was laid out like an M.C. Echer painting so I only found 5 sales. I did manage to pick up this goodie though. I found:

4 N64 controllers
Complete N64 system
Nintendo 64 Pocket Power Vol. 3
Forsaken 64 (complete)
Resident Evil 2 (complete)
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (complete)
Turok 2 (complete)
Superman 64 (complete)
WWF No Mercy (complete)
F-Zero X (complete)
Arcade's Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (complete)
Namco Museum 64 (complete)
Xena (complete)
Basshunter 64 (complete)
WCW Nitro
Madden 99
Jet Force Gemini (w/ booklet & Guide)
NFL Blitz

I ended up going to this sale not seeing anyhting but thought that I would ask about it. After asking the man running the sale brought this box to me. He said he wanted $40 but I offered $30. He took this and I was N64 rich.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1095534721/

I had found this flea market earlier in the day but decided that since it wasn't open, I would come back later. When I did I found this Donkey Kong 64 pinball game. I ended up give $3 for it so it is going to add to the collection wall.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1096394186/

Well as we were heading out of our vacation destination I convinced my wife to stop in a flea market I had seen earlier in the weekend. There was not much inside of it but I did uncover a couple items:

Little Nemo (VHS)
How to Win at Game Boy Games by Jeff Rovin

Pretty neat stuff and I picked them up for $5.50

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1096395234/

hit the flea market today did alright picked up bully and gta:SA complete for 12 bucks plus the guides i got yesterday. Is the Brady Super Mario RPG guide worth anything...might sell that but all that there was on ebay was nintendo

Two weeks ago picked up:

F.E.A.R
GUN
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Call of Duty 2

All for the PC, for the total price of 14 dollars

Didn't get much this weekend. I only spent $0.25 for a nice hardbound book with a collection of H.G. Wells stories. I also got an Atari 2600 box for free. It's in pretty good condition. The only thing bad about it is that it has factory reconditioned printed across the box.

[quote name='erehwon']Didn't get much this weekend. I only spent $0.25 for a nice hardbound book with a collection of H.G. Wells stories. I also got an Atari 2600 box for free. It's in pretty good condition. The only thing bad about it is that it has factory reconditioned printed across the box.[/quote]

An Atari box! That's awesome! Free is even better!

I don't think I could ever find a good deal on video games here in Sweden. I just looked at some ads (or whatever they're called), and saw that someone wants 1200 SEK (~$170 according to xe.com/ucc) for a NES with two controllers and SMB3. Yes, $170 for a NES with two controllers and SMB3.

At least it gave me a laugh.

[quote name='skid']
Paid about $50 total. Was excited to see those dreamcast demos.[/quote]

Please don't tell me dreamcast demos are worth something! I left a few of them at a sale because the lady wanted $2 each.

I got a couple guides today for 50 cents each:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire (prima)

They have a couple small tears on the front covers but no big deal, it was a good price!

Only went to a few sales today (I'm not driving all over the county anymore) and got this:

Micro Machines V3 (PS1)
Formula 1 (PS1)
Tomb Raider III (PS1)
Riding Spirits (PS2)
Frogger: The Great Quest (PS2)
Need For Speed Underground (PS2)
WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It! (PS2)

The rest were a TON of sports games (I'm very limited on which ones I get -- I'm not a big Madden fan at all). I got NCAA Football 2004 & High Heat MLB 2003 for free. All this was for $20.

EDIT: NFS and High Heat 2003 don't work. I'll flip them at Gamestop -- will probably be a $1 each but oh well.

PS2 console only (works!:shock:) = $3
Zelda Link's Awakening DX guide = $0.10
Super Mario 3 boxed = $1
Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles boxed NES = $1
N64 w/ 2 controllers = $7
MTV Music Generator PS1 disc only = $2

The PS2 is the find of the day. It was at a sale with a huge amount of electronics stuff -- store overstock, used stuff, cell phone accessories, PC games, etc. At first I thought I was going to get a MAJOR score. I went up to the porch and there were CD binders full of games. A woman with a rhaspy cigarette voice said, "There are PS2 games in here and in here," pointing to the CD binder and stacks of jewel cases. Well apparently her idea of PS2 games are a Chinese bootleg copy of Risk for PS1 and an Action Replay Max disc for PS2. That's it. I passed on both, though i'm slightly regretting passing on the AR disc.

The rest of the CD binder had some very decent PC games, but unfortunately, I'm not a PC gamer and wouldn't really know where to start. I spied Jedi Knight II, which I know is rare on consoles, but I doubted it was rare on the PC, so I left it.

I almost left empty handed when I spotted the PS2 sitting under a table. The other guy who was working was trying hard to make me a deal, so I asked about the PS2. He said he didn't have the cords or anything, so $3.

I really doubted that it would work, but I figured it was worth the risk. Got it home, and to my amazement, it does indeed work. It's dirty and a little slow. The only major problem is that the AV port is loose -- you have to pry the AV cord to get a signal. Luckily, my dad repairs electronics for a living and it's no sweat for him to solder it.

The guy at the N64/MTV Generator sale said he has some games, but he has to dig them out. He said he'll try to have them out by tomorrow, so I'll guess I'll be going back at 8:30 tomorrow when he starts.

I had my first good score of the year. I was driving around looking for this one yard sale I couldn't find when I spotted another random one. I pulled up and saw a table of electronics. Sitting there was a PS2. I checked the tag and it said $5. I grabbed it and looked around to find the hookups and power cord sitting there. I took everything, paid the lady, and ran back to my car. Got back home and it works great! Now I can play the football game I got at another yard sale for a quarter. LOL.

It must be cheap PS2 day! Good find gccboy, but I think you paid too much for the football game.

Oi! I'm looking at eBay prices for the Zelda DX guide that I got for a dime.
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Legend-Of-Z...ryZ49230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What's funny is, I asked if they had any other games, and the girl said that they just put the Zelda DX game on eBay. I bet now they're wishing they put the guide instead of the game.

I just found their auction. They're also selling some Mario Parties for GC. Too bad they didn't put those out at the sale :/

Ooooh, and just after I stopped feeling ill from seeing that the first time.

Although I also got my copy of Suikoden II for $5 (pawn shop), so I guess I can't be too terribly jealous.

I didn't get much today, just 2 Netgear 24 port switches for $5. It's probably a good thing there haven't been to many sales in my area lately. I need to save my money for a few games coming out that I really want.

Congrats detri on that awesome find. I have all of those except for Suikoden II. I'm really hoping I can find a good deal on that someday to go with the guide I found at a garage sale.

Had a long run today but only got a few things.

For PS2:
Lego Star Wars
Logitech Wireless controller for PS2
$5

SCPH-1001 PS1 with two controllers
Street Fighter 2 board game
$25 (more than I would usually pay, but I got it for my Dad and at least I can resell it for what I paid for it.)

Left a lot of numbers. I shoulda come back home earlier, but whatever.

Hit up 13 sales today. Thought there would be more because of the excellent weather, but not the case. Did get a couple of good deals though.

First sale of the day.

1001373hw9.jpg

7 NES games
No story here. This sale had these 7 games only. Lady wanted .25 each. I CIF'd $1

1001374kn6.jpg

Green N64 all hu's and 1 controller
20 games - cart only
300 SE DVD
TOTAL: $10
This was a decent find considering I was going to go and buy 300 today.
Guy wanted $5 for the DVD , I asked for games and he sent his son in the house and he came out with a back pack. I looked inside quickly saw the green N64, and a couple of decent titles. I asked how much for the lot and and the guy told me to make an offer and he started going on about how he's moving and does not want to take stuff, I kinda cut him off mid sentence with 10 fresh crisp singles fanned out nicely and stuck right in his peepers. He hesitated, seemed a little disoriented but scoffed up my cash anyway.

best haul of the day

1001370fw6.jpg

1001371rc5.jpg

1001372hr0.jpg

NES - complete (needs a cleaning)
Genesis - complete (needs a cleaning)
60+ games, nice mix mostly N64 with the typical marios banjo's and zelda's.
complete mint grandia 2
Halo 1 & 2 disc only
about a dozen disc only PS1 games
roughly 25 controllers - 3 PS2, 6 or 7 PS1, wavebird, 3 GC
assorted hook ups memory cards etc.
TOTAL: $25
This was a lucky find, pulled up and saw Matrix and Grandia, I asked how much and the lady said $3 each. i asked if she had any other games and she said no. So i was eyeing a turntable when she say's wait a minute I think I have some stuff in this trunk, will you help me pull it out. so we pull it out and Bingo all these goodies were in it . Fortunately there were some cracked game cases and other garbage mixed in with the stuff so it really looked messy. I saw my little Mario buddies in the mix and knew immediately I could make a few bucks on this lot if the price was right. Before I could say anything the lady says any of them games are $3. I told her that I typically find these types of games for around $1 each sometimes less. I CIF'd $25 saying I'll haul this mess out of here if you'll take $25 on everything. She thought for a moment and then said " he never plays these games anymore anyway" I don't know who she was talking about but she took my cash and I mad dashed out of there

I am a little embarrassed to talk about my PS2 deal today after seeing everyone else's great deals, but I think I picked up a decent deal. For $100 I got an almost brand spankin new PS2 slim, 2 Logitech wireless controllers, Guitar Hero II, GHII wireless guitar, plus 9 decent to crappy PS2/Gamecube games. The PS2 and guitar look like they have no mileage whatsoever. All in all came out ahead over used prices in the store.

I also was able to pick up the NES Power Pad for $2. Don't really need it, nor know much about it, so if anyone is interested I would take up an offer.

Lastly picked up a pink iDog for my daughter for $2.

Still not my best deal of the year, DDR Extreme 2 for $1, but definitely the largest in volume.

Thanks everybody for all of your tales!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54735563@N00/1162810259/

[quote name='snotknocker']Hit up 13 sales today. Thought there would be more because of the excellent weather, but not the case. Did get a couple of good deals though.

First sale of the day.

1001373hw9.jpg

7 NES games
No story here. This sale had these 7 games only. Lady wanted .25 each. I CIF'd $1

1001374kn6.jpg

Green N64 all hu's and 1 controller
20 games - cart only
300 SE DVD
TOTAL: $10
This was a decent find considering I was going to go and buy 300 today.
Guy wanted $5 for the DVD , I asked for games and he sent his son in the house and he came out with a back pack. I looked inside quickly saw the green N64, and a couple of decent titles. I asked how much for the lot and and the guy told me to make an offer and he started going on about how he's moving and does not want to take stuff, I kinda cut him off mid sentence with 10 fresh crisp singles fanned out nicely and stuck right in his peepers. He hesitated, seemed a little disoriented but scoffed up my cash anyway.

best haul of the day

1001370fw6.jpg

1001371rc5.jpg

1001372hr0.jpg

NES - complete (needs a cleaning)
Genesis - complete (needs a cleaning)
60+ games, nice mix mostly N64 with the typical marios banjo's and zelda's.
complete mint grandia 2
Halo 1 & 2 disc only
about a dozen disc only PS1 games
roughly 25 controllers - 3 PS2, 6 or 7 PS1, wavebird, 3 GC
assorted hook ups memory cards etc.
TOTAL: $25
This was a lucky find, pulled up and saw Matrix and Grandia, I asked how much and the lady said $3 each. i asked if she had any other games and she said no. So i was eyeing a turntable when she say's wait a minute I think I have some stuff in this trunk, will you help me pull it out. so we pull it out and Bingo all these goodies were in it . Fortunately there were some cracked game cases and other garbage mixed in with the stuff so it really looked messy. I saw my little Mario buddies in the mix and knew immediately I could make a few bucks on this lot if the price was right. Before I could say anything the lady says any of them games are $3. I told her that I typically find these types of games for around $1 each sometimes less. I CIF'd $25 saying I'll haul this mess out of here if you'll take $25 on everything. She thought for a moment and then said " he never plays these games anymore anyway" I don't know who she was talking about but she took my cash and I mad dashed out of there[/quote]

Holy crap, wow, I'd be lucky if I got that many deals in a lifetime

Can I hang out with you snotknocker?

Todays deals were nothing to write home to mom about, but still not bad.

I was heading out to a neighboring town to test drive a suburban for my dad when I decided that I needed to make a pit stop in the local town's pawn shop. I didn't find to awful much but after looking around I found a tin with some PS1 games in it marked $5. I looked in it and there were about 7 diffrent games in it. I asked if it was $5 for all of them and the owner told me that it was. I then found a Game Boy Color games as well for $5. I ended up with:

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (GBC)
Parasite Eve (PS1)
Big Ol Bass 2 (PS1)
Vigilante 8 (PS1)
NBA Live 99 (PS1)
Gran Turismo 2 simulation disc (PS1)
Driver 2 (PS1)
Q*bert (PS1)
Test Drive 5 (PS1)
I tried to barter but the whole, "There are a lot of games here" defense came to their rescue. So I don't think I did bad for $10.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1163042532/

The first sale I pulled up to today was a decent one as it had a CD rack that I desparetly needed to house my ever growing game collection. While I was looking around, I saw aa stack of PS1 games. I ended up picking the 6 of them up and asking if hte lady running hte sale would take $4 for everything. She did so I scored:

Large Wooden CD Rack
Gran Turismo 2
Coolboarder 4
Dinosaur
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Power Rangers Time Force
ATV: Quad Power Racing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1163041764/

At one of the local thrift shops I was looking around and found an E-reader. When I walked up to the counter, the cashier was baffled by what I had. I told her what it was but she was convinced that it was not all there. She calls the manager over to ask about the price of it since it was not labeled. The manager says that she had another game in the back she hasn't priced yet so she would check the price of both for me. I waited for a bit and she came out and told me that it is $5 for the e-reader and $3 for Wario Land 3. I only took Wario Land as I already own an E-reader but was hoping to pick an extra up for a couple dollars. No other real exciting story here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1162187279/

As my yard sale buddy and I were heading back to my truck to part ways, he noticed a sale at afenced in yard. The only catch is that we couldn't figure out if it was a sale or if it was the way the yard always looked. We drove back by it again and noticed some items had prices on them so we pulled over. I looked and found a decent pile of SNES games. I then asked if there were any more games that they had. She didn't think so but the grandmother inside heard me say that and brought out a box of games for NES. I looked through them and picked out a couple NES games I didn't have to complete the collection. In the end I had 10 games and they were asking $1 each for them. I asked if they could do a package deal and they reluctantly took $7. I ended up with:

Jungle Book (NES)
Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)
Link to the Past (SNES) (x2)
Super Mario World (SNES)
SimCity (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Gradius III (SNES)
SNES Cleaning Cartridge

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/1163044034/

Another dry day for me. However, I did discovered a local pawn shop that I had driven by many times before. Nothing but old xbox and ps2 titles though. At the first YS, I did find some pc joysticks for $5, not expensive but not that cheap either. Passed on it since it would probably require me to buy MS flight simulartor X to acutally make use of it.

Wow, nice finds everyone. Especially snotknocker, I am so jealous.
Got rained out today, so no yard sales. On a semi related note, I saw an ad for Super Smash Bros (n64) for $5. Am I correct to assume they usually go for >$15?

[quote name='Mirpkered']Can I hang out with you snotocker? [/quote]

Next time you're in NJ we can hook up.
Give that pokemon puzzle challange a go. It's surprisingly fun and addictive

[quote name='PaddyTheChump']Am I correct to assume they usually go for >$15?[/quote]

I've resold a few of these, always in the $15 to $25 range. Anything Mario for the N64 fetchs about the same on e-bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back