OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gara']Are any of them complete with box and manual? It was kind of expensive for a cart only lot if you only got the one system (n64)[/QUOTE]

I agree, if any are complete that will make a big difference but if not then it's a lot for cart only. N64s are like water here, I have two with expansion packs and I see them all the time. No other systems, I would try and negotiate down or try and get a few specific items off this collection only.

I got a couple more items previously over the weekend that I finally hada chance to picture and document. Nothing truly exciting but they weren't bad.

I picked this up from a lady who I gave my phone number to in case she found more games that she had for sale. I ended picking this item up for $10. I know that is a little much but I have never seen an underneath Sega CD add-on. I picked up up since it is more stackable than my curent Sega CD system.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/482133257/

I stopped in at Goodwill while searching through a couple towns looking for a new TV and stumbled across these 2 model kits. They were taped shut so they weren;t new but it seems that all the pieces were there. I ended up paying $1.20 at the register for them total but I have no clue how much they are worth. The are:

WF-12 Gundam Deathscythe Hell
WF-13 Tallgeese II

Thought they were pretty cool though and the price was right.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/482133063/

Missed two sets of nintendo games at two sales. I'm guessing some people got there real early. I asked about games at one sale and a lady brought out some master system games. They were complete, but they were wanting $4 a piece. I did pick up one Miracle Warriors, which turns out to be one of the few rpgs for the master system. I was able to talk the person down to $3. I'm tempted to go back and hagle over the rest of them when their kid is home.

[quote name='Shoagie']Snot, i love how the bust a move cast says "It's Empty." The game IS in there right?[/quote]

It was in there. and surprisingly not so much as a smudge on it .

picturesf3.jpg

Picked up the following at a yard sale today:
Sega Dreamcast w/ 1 controller, AV cables
NBA 2K1
NFL 2K1
Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
...all for 75 cents
Also scored the MegaMan X Command Mission guide for a dime.

Today was my first CAG yard sale day.. went to about 15-20 yard sales (at least).. mapped them all out via mapquest.. went well.. at least in terms of being able to find them all..

The only video game related items I bought were:

Super Mario 64: .50
Donkey Kong 64: .50

I already own them both, but I'll just keep 'em or sell 'em, don't know yet...

Also bought 5 Austin Powers action figures still in boxes for $4 (I know.. I know..). A smallish ferret cage with accessories for $5. And that's it...

I asked practically every person who had a yard sale if they were selling any games... only get anywhere with two of them. Left my number for both (one had a kid who she knew wanted to get rid of some games, the other said she had a NES and about 30-40 games at her house she was looking to get rid of next month at a yard sale).

I visited five neighborhood sales today. I didn't really come away with too much.

The first neighborhood was a bust The only good things I saw there was an old ps2 for $70 and god of war 2 for $30. I picked up the copy of GTA: SA in the second neighborhood. I talked the lady down to five. I passed on a black gamecube down the street that was marked for $20. The only reason I would have picked it so I could get rid of my purple gc. I stopped by a lone sale in another neighborhood hood, where I picked up that ps2 network adaptor for $1.

The only thing I got from the fourth neighborhood sale was those two nes games for $2. The last neighborhood I got that book for $0.50 and the laser disks for $2. The outsides aren't in that great of condition, but I couldn't pass on them. You need to be carefull when examining those. I nearly blinded myself while looking at the disk in the sunlight.
I found out that I had entered that neighborhood from the wrong side. Most of the sales had started on the other side. I missed out on a sale that had around 40 ps1 games. I also passed on a $40 xbox. I'd like to pick up one for cheaper. I wish I could have come away with more since I visited five neighborhoods.

Finds from the last two weeks:

Week 3 [04.28.07]

Week 2 [04.21.07]

Read on here!

Tomorrow is looking like a good day, both weather-wise and sale-wise. I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, and though I'm not in a lot of pain and I don't have any swelling, they have me on Vicodin, which has been causing some dizziness and drowsiness, so I won't be able to drive. So for the first time, Evilmax will be taking the wheel and I'll be navigating. I have high hopes for tomorrow!

Not yard sale, but awesome clearance finds at shopko.

Stars kotor 2 xbox- $2.79
snk vs capcom svc chaos xbox- 3.49
dynasty warriors psp- 4.79
darkstalkers psp- 2.79

and at a pawn shop I found Vagrant story missing manual for $9.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Not yard sale, but awesome clearance finds at shopko.

Stars kotor 2 xbox- $2.79
snk vs capcom svc chaos xbox- 3.49
dynasty warriors psp- 4.79
darkstalkers psp- 2.79

and at a pawn shop I found Vagrant story missing manual for $9.[/QUOTE]

Trading SVC Chaos?

Need some opinions here.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up NES Surprise at Dino Peak cart and instruction manual for like .50. I sold it almost immediately to a guy that has bought probably $400 worth of old school games off of me in the past. He forked over $200 for the game. He's real picky about his games and wants only real nice copies of hard to find games.

Well it turns out unbeknownst to me and him at the time that there was a video game store rental rubber stamp imprint on the inside back cover of the instruction book. He's requesting a $50 refund saying he would not of paid the $200 at the time if he had noticed it.

The cart itself and book were in perfect near mint condition. Do you think I should fork over the $50? or Just refund his whole $200 and try and ebay it. I'm thinking if I do this he might just say forget about the refund. I'm not sure cause I ca'nt get a really good read on this guy. I ca'nt really asess the ebay value because I rarely see any listed .

What do you guys think

[quote name='snotknocker']Need some opinions here.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up NES Surprise at Dino Peak cart and instruction manual for like .50. I sold it almost immediately to a guy that has bought probably $400 worth of old school games off of me in the past. He forked over $200 for the game. He's real picky about his games and wants only real nice copies of hard to find games.

Well it turns out unbeknownst to me and him at the time that there was a video game store rental rubber stamp imprint on the inside back cover of the instruction book. He's requesting a $50 refund saying he would not of paid the $200 at the time if he had noticed it.

The cart itself and book were in perfect near mint condition. Do you think I should fork over the $50? or Just refund his whole $200 and try and ebay it. I'm thinking if I do this he might just say forget about the refund. I'm not sure cause I ca'nt get a really good read on this guy. I ca'nt really asess the ebay value because I rarely see any listed .

What do you guys think[/quote]

Depends on if he is still looking for more games from you in future. If he has spent 400+ with you in past, do you really wish to piss him off and run the chance of him not dealing with you anymore. You could find other buyers in future elsewhere; is nice to have someone you know is willing to pay on hand though.
If I was buying a used game for 200 i'd damn well look it over before paying. If you honestly did not know it was there you are fine for not returning money or taking it back with refund. What is the chance the manual is a different manual he found laying around elsewhere and pulling one over on you?

The ebay route is more chancy as you never know what you will get for it, then you factor in cost of listing, reserve, etc. and your time/hassle for shitty buyers.

what a crock...$50 bucks?? at most i would maybe give back $25...or if you refund $50 then ask for the manual back and ebay that by itself, im sure there are a few collectors out there looking for that...

What do you guys think[/QUOTE]

I would agree with considering what he's paid for games from you in the past and what he could be buying in the future from you, and if he's a nice guy or not (as to how you want to treat him on this and how he's treating you about the whole refund deal also) IIRC Flintstones 2: Surprise at Dino Peak was a rental only game and finding a manual with no kind of markings or anything of the nature would probably make finding a box for Final Fight Guy sound easy.

Seems as if you only see Flintstones 2: Surprise at Dino Peak on eBay afew times a year and IIRC one just ended about a week ago, I think it went for close to $250 and had a manual. It seems unrealistic to pass on such a rare game just because it's not in perfect condition, I'd guess that he's trying to play hardball.

Well I have a list of new items that I ahve gotten over the past 2 days...

I found this on the local student forum website. I tried to CIF $12 but she stood firm on $15 which is still a good deal. I am definatly not complaining. I got:

Kirby Squeak Squad

Hopefully the student forums will yeild some other great items...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/484596393/

This is definatly one of the oddest finds I think I have found in a while. This is a picture book with a story and also a record that tells the story. I took this up to the counter atthe local Flea Market and asked how much it was. The woman running hte counter told me $2 so I took it. It is definatly something for nostalgia. It looks very cool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/484596251/

I ended up seeing these on Amazon.com for $2 each but the condition was that you had to pre-order the game. Well I thought what it the worst that can happen. They charge me $4 and I not get the stylus? But they arrived today without me even pre-ordering the game. I got both for $4 and no shipping was required. Pretty awesome since people are selling these on Craigslist for $15 each

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/484596115/

I went to a yard sale and spotted these on the ground. I picked them up and thought about getting these but already had a few... I was about to place them back don when the woman running the sale said that she was just going to give those to the first person interested in them. So now I got 3 atari controllers for free. Not to bad...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/484561222/

I found this at a yard sale. There was no price on it so I asked how much it was. They told me it was a quarter and I made an executive decision that this was a great price. I picked up:

Amazing Penguin

For $0.25 you can't go wrong. Also since this was a game published by Natsume. Remeber the Natsume motto: Serious Fun!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/484561050/

I ended up picking these 3 Puzz 3-Ds at a yard sale at 7PM. I ended up getting:

The Capitol
Mississippi Steamboat
New England Fishing Village

They totaled by the stickers to $7, but I ended up CIF for $5. I was pretty excited about them since I have not seen any in a while and they are fun to assemble.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/484596311/

[quote name='karkyco']Hey Gara,

Where in Cali are you, if you don't mind my asking. That score was pretty bad ass.[/quote]

I'm north of san francisco. Sadly I live in a town with heavy retro competition so I usually have to be fast off the mark on deals like this.

You're kind of doing him a favor by offering the game in that condition at 200.00. The one that recently went for 242.00 on ebay had a horrid sticker right on the front of the manual and writing on the cart. Quoting ebay prices to people is fairly annoying though. If you're simply looking to keep the relationship going I would try and meet him half way at $25.00 instead of taking the cut from ebay, paypal, and the hassle.

Try threatening to just take it back though. If he is smart he will pull back from the table and keep it at 200.00.

This guy is not even talking about giving me the book back for $50. He wants to keep it and get $50 back.

After sleeping on it, I think I'm just going to tell him that he got a good deal and if he wants a full refund I'll give it to him. He'll most likely keep it cause when I initially called him about buying he was like "you're fucking kidding me, I can't believe you found it" he was too excited. I do not think he'll get mad or anything like that, he's really not that kind of guy, I think. Besides how many times will he even see a copy of this game let alone be able to buy one.

Thanks for the feedback

No matter how good of a buyer he is, in the end he is just a buyer. There are alwayts oing to be buyers. You say that he has bought $400 of stuff to him but you're losing around $100. Thats a fourth of all the money he has spent. Thats quite a lot to just give up for free basically.

See, if it was me, i'd give him $50 back - he's been a loyal guy, buying things off of you and whatnot. Maybe it's just me and my style of selling, but I like to keep loyal customers happy.

Beautiful day, hit up around 25-30 sales but the only thing I found were 2 gameboys (didn't need them).

I hope next weekend has some better stuff.

Found this today for $40 ($1 each so I just grabbed them all)

DSCF0223.jpg

SNES
Tetris Attack
Q-bert 3
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby's Avalanche
The Tick
Goof Troop
Speedy Gonzales Los Gatos Bandidos
Ren & Stimpy Veediots
The Great Circus Mystery
Super Mario World * 2
Mortal Kombat 3
WWF Royal Rumble
Taz-Mania
Super Scope 6
Super Black Bass
Street Fighter II
Battleclash
Hole In One Golf
Killer Instinct

N64
Hot Wheels Turbo Racing
Diddy Kong Racing
Super Mario 64
Zelda Majoras Mask
Banjo Tooie
Starfox 64
Mario Kart 64
Army Men Air Combat
Donkey Kong 64
Cruis'n World
Cruis'n USA
Glover
Mace The Dark Age
Monster Truck Madness 64 * 2
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Tony Hawk 2
KObe Bryant NBA Courtside
NFL QB Club 99

Well I hit a few yard sales, saw a lot crap, saw a box of assorted pokemon cards, but none of them really caught me eye. But here's the real deal. I saw a brand new, unopened 200GB Maxtor external HD with usb and firewire. She had $50 marked I used $30, didn't go so well, I even said well I can create my own for less. But she wouldn't budge. Finally I said listen this is a town full of College Students you will never sell it at that price, $40 and I started to walk away. She took it.

I picked up today:

Platoon soundtrack $0.40
Unisonic Tournament 2000 $2 (It's a really old pong thing)
APC battery backup $3 (never opened)

I don't know what it is about Gameboy Advance SP's but I KEEP finding them... and for 10 dollars each. So here's the deal I snagged today. Not great, but it will fund my game collecting for a little while. Here are some pics of what I got today.

th.82b5f6f665.jpg

While I was there I picked up this Transformer. The GBA's were 10 bucks a piece (and they both came with cases) and the Transformer was 2 bucks.

th.8ae2d11f47.jpg

Total for the day: 22.00

He had a bunch more, I should have picked them all up, probably could've gotten them all for a decent price. The only reason I didn't was because the rest of them looked like they weren't complete.

PS. If anyone knows what Transformer this is, please let me know. God bless!

Keep in mind that Gamestop sells GBA SP's for 59.99 each USED!

I keep finding game boy colors, for a dollar each, I have found so many of them over the past 3 years that I nearly have the complete collection of all the colors!

Today I got a pokemon V-trainer bundle with 2 v-trainer 2.0's, 4 pokemon and tons of gym leader cartridges for 2$.

[quote name='FaceDown']I don't know what it is about Gameboy Advance SP's but I KEEP finding them... and for 10 dollars each. So here's the deal I snagged today. Not great, but it will fund my game collecting for a little while. Here are some pics of what I got today.

th.82b5f6f665.jpg

While I was there I picked up this Transformer. The GBA's were 10 bucks a piece (and they both came with cases) and the Transformer was 2 bucks.

th.8ae2d11f47.jpg

Total for the day: 22.00

He had a bunch more, I should have picked them all up, probably could've gotten them all for a decent price. The only reason I didn't was because the rest of them looked like they weren't complete.

PS. If anyone knows what Transformer this is, please let me know. God bless![/quote]
The transformer is the Armada version of Jetfire.

Today was my first crack at yard sale-ing. The first stop was a few minutes from my house, no video games on display but I asked, and the guy went to get his old SNES. This cost me $8:

I also picked up a free monitor, two cook books ($1), and Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? ($1).

No one else had any games for sale on the street, so I headed to another neighborhood. Nothing great from around 20 houses except an overpriced Game Boy Pocket and games. Everyone mentioned someone having cases and cases of PS1 games, but when I got to the house, they weren't open for business. There was someone with a table of PS2 games, but they were asking for a lot.

So off to the third neighborhood! Five houses had sales going. I saw a couple PS2 games out on one table and asked the woman there if she had anything older she was looking to get rid of. A kid from across the street who was walking his dogs overheard and asked if I'd be interested in his N64 collection. Of course, I was.

The woman returned with two boxes, one full of games, and the other with an NES and other miscellaneous items. Here's the games, and some miscellaneous manuals from the NES box:

The system itself was kinda melted on top:

The NES box also had some neat promo posters from Ultra and Data East:

And... Why were a bunch of Game Boy manuals in there?

Whatever. I haggled it all down to $10.

Then, the kid returned with a box of N64 games, said he didn't have a system anymore, and said I could have them for a quarter each. This was a 10 or 11 year old kid so I decided to put his math skills to the test. "Okay, you have 13 games here, so how much do I owe you if I want them all?" "Uhh, a dollar... no! $3.25!" I didn't have a quarter on me, so I decided to be nice and give him $4... This was a pretty damn good deal already. Also there was a memory card in the box.

I went back home to drop things off, then set out to a neighborhood 20 minutes away which had easily over 100 people selling stuff. After asking a bunch of people, one guy was able to find an SNES, Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat for Game Gear, and some weird import converter for the N64 called a Blaze SFX64. I gave him $2 for SMW to go with the SNES I bought earlier, and the SFX64 thing, just because it was an interesting find.

A couple houses down, there was a plastic bag with a PS1, two controllers, Crash, Madden, a couple other popular franchises... and Parasite Eve! It was priced as a package, $30 for all of it. I offered $2 for PE on it's own. The bonus disc was intact and every disc is flawless.

Then, a bit of a game dry spell. I found a $0.50 rice cooker which I was told works great, but that's for cheapasskitchen.com. We decide to head back to the car, but of course, check out the houses on the way. I ask about games at one sale, and, after the required few minutes of rummaging through the house, the woman at the sale came back with a big box with an N64 and controller, Genesis with controller (one of the old ones with the volume slider), Sonic the Hedgehog, and five N64 games with their original boxes. Both systems were unfortunately missing the video cables. I offered $10 for the N64, controller (which was in incredible condition), and Mario and Zelda. She reluctantly accepted, mentioning that her son would probably kill her. I was about to walk away, but I decided to offer $3 for the other 3 games, which again, was met with "My son is going to kill me" and whatnot, but I got them.

And that ends my adventure! Yard sales are pretty cool, but I think I'll take a little break and enjoy what I got.

Let's recap!
---------------
SNES & Games: $8
NES & Games: $10
N64 Games: $4
SMW and SFX64: $2
Parasite Eve: $2
N64 & Games: $13
=============
Total: $39

If anyone's interested in buying or trading, let me know! I'm probably going eBay Parasite Eve, FFIII, and Zelda to make back the money I spent.

[quote name='theGrue']Today was my first crack at yard sale-ing. The first stop was a few minutes from my house, no video games on display but I asked, and the guy went to get his old SNES. This cost me $8:

I also picked up a free monitor, two cook books ($1), and Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? ($1).

No one else had any games for sale on the street, so I headed to another neighborhood. Nothing great from around 20 houses except an overpriced Game Boy Pocket and games. Everyone mentioned someone having cases and cases of PS1 games, but when I got to the house, they weren't open for business. There was someone with a table of PS2 games, but they were asking for a lot.

So off to the third neighborhood! Five houses had sales going. I saw a couple PS2 games out on one table and asked the woman there if she had anything older she was looking to get rid of. A kid from across the street who was walking his dogs overheard and asked if I'd be interested in his N64 collection. Of course, I was.

The woman returned with two boxes, one full of games, and the other with an NES and other miscellaneous items. Here's the games, and some miscellaneous manuals from the NES box:

The system itself was kinda melted on top:

[img=http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/7706/img0318qr9.th.jpg]

The NES box also had some neat promo posters from Ultra and Data East:

And... Why were a bunch of Game Boy manuals in there?

Whatever. I haggled it all down to $10.

Then, the kid returned with a box of N64 games, said he didn't have a system anymore, and said I could have them for a quarter each. This was a 10 or 11 year old kid so I decided to put his math skills to the test. "Okay, you have 13 games here, so how much do I owe you if I want them all?" "Uhh, a dollar... no! $3.25!" I didn't have a quarter on me, so I decided to be nice and give him $4... This was a pretty damn good deal already. Also there was a memory card in the box.

I went back home to drop things off, then set out to a neighborhood 20 minutes away which had easily over 100 people selling stuff. After asking a bunch of people, one guy was able to find an SNES, Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat for Game Gear, and some weird import converter for the N64 called a Blaze SFX64. I gave him $2 for SMW to go with the SNES I bought earlier, and the SFX64 thing, just because it was an interesting find.

A couple houses down, there was a plastic bag with a PS1, two controllers, Crash, Madden, a couple other popular franchises... and Parasite Eve! It was priced as a package, $30 for all of it. I offered $2 for PE on it's own. The bonus disc was intact and every disc is flawless.

Then, a bit of a game dry spell. I found a $0.50 rice cooker which I was told works great, but that's for cheapasskitchen.com. We decide to head back to the car, but of course, check out the houses on the way. I ask about games at one sale, and, after the required few minutes of rummaging through the house, the woman at the sale came back with a big box with an N64 and controller, Genesis with controller (one of the old ones with the volume slider), Sonic the Hedgehog, and five N64 games with their original boxes. Both systems were unfortunately missing the video cables. I offered $10 for the N64, controller (which was in incredible condition), and Mario and Zelda. She reluctantly accepted, mentioning that her son would probably kill her. I was about to walk away, but I decided to offer $3 for the other 3 games, which again, was met with "My son is going to kill me" and whatnot, but I got them.

And that ends my adventure! Yard sales are pretty cool, but I think I'll take a little break and enjoy what I got.

Let's recap!
---------------
SNES & Games: $8
NES & Games: $10
N64 Games: $4
SMW and SFX64: $2
Parasite Eve: $2
N64 & Games: $13
=============
Total: $39

If anyone's interested in buying or trading, let me know! I'm probably going eBay Parasite Eve, FFIII, and Zelda to make back the money I spent.[/quote]

Holy... fuck! Did you Craigslist these sales? Or did you just randomly find a neighborhood with 100+ sales?

I mean, I've gone out a few times but only came back with a few things, because there were only a few sales, and only a few of those few had a few games, few of which were good. Few.

Seriously, though, do your neighboorhoods just have massive sales every weekend?

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Holy... fuck! Did you Craigslist these sales? Or did you just randomly find a neighborhood with 100+ sales?

I mean, I've gone out a few times but only came back with a few things, because there were only a few sales, and only a few of those few had a few games, few of which were good. Few.

Seriously, though, do your neighboorhoods just have massive sales every weekend?[/quote]
Found them all through craigslist. The 100+ sale neighborhood apparently does this every other year. It was incredibly packed, cars parked down either side of the street on every street. Today was just a great yard sale day.

Does this sound like a good deal to anyone?

"
Original sega master system in good working condition. Comes with 2 controllers,Light gun, power cord, and rf switch. also included is 15 games:
Phantasy star- best RPG ever- save battery still works fine- box and intructions
Miracle warriors- great rpg- cartridge only
Rastan- box no instructions
alex kidd in miracle world- box and instructions
alex kid the lost stars- box and instructions
thunder blade- box and instructions
after burner- box and instruction
monopoly- box
shinobi- box and instructions
Golvellius valley of doom- great rpg- box and instructions
space harrier- box and instructions
hang on /safari hunt- box
great baseball- box and instruction
cyborg hunter- cartridge only
alien syndrome- box

Only has 2 problems- power cord has a minor damage inside- works fine with a rubber band on it. One controller also has minor damage to the cord and doesnt always work- i am also throwing in a sega genesis controller which works fine on the master system. Asking $80-could sell for twice this on ebay- will consider offers. "

This was on a local Craigslist of mine..

As a side note.. can you use Genesis power cords on this?

Sounds like a decent (yet overpriced) lot - definitely has some great games in the lot. The Genesis model 1 power cord will work on the SMS (atleast on the model 1 SMS)

Maybe I'll offer $60 or $65..

Kinda exciting for me because I've never played a Master System, touched a Master System, know what the controller or games look like, etc. I think I've only seen the system one time..

No one haggles on anything in my area and everyone overcharges.

I snagged an N64 with lime green controller, Mario 64, and Shadows for $20, mainly because my girl wanted the controller. Probably going to flip the rest. I also got a bunch of original Super Mario Bros. Birthday Party supplies for $3.

On the same block, I got another N64 - this one MIB - with Mario Kart 64, WaveRace, five sega games in cases, and the N64 steering wheel & brake pedals (up for trade or sale, best offer; I don't have room for it) and an extra controller for $25 The genesis games inclued: Clue, Road Rash, Ms Pac Man, Animaniacs, and Sonic 2 (not for resale version).

I talked someone with a scratched-up GH final Fantasy Anthology complete in box down to $4 from $7. Super-difficult, also was asking $35 for CE FF12, also scratched.

Snagged the small-formfactor SNES for $7. No games, though.

I did get Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Sealed), Tekken 2 (sealed), GH Namco Museum Vol. 3 (Complete), and Tomb Raider II (Complete) for $8.50 after haggling down from $5 apiece.

The last find was a PSX in perfect shape with DualShock, a second, third-party Dualshock, first-party memory card, The Next Tetris and Tetris Plus (both complete) for $13; haggled down from $20. Awesome, because I'm trading a friend of mine a PSX and $10 for his Hotel Dusk and FFXII with guide (he's getting rid of his PS2; has no use for it and hated FFXII). I found a disc-only Grand Turismo 2 under the hood; there are also some demo CDs tossed in.

Almost everyone in my area is a pain in the ass, and despite leaving the house at the crack of dawn, someone always manages to hit the sales with the good stuff before me ("Oh, I just sold a box of games with my Saturn and N64 for $20...."). I'm going to start passing stuff up unless its super-good. I find better stuff and deals at GameCrazy's 3-for-10.

I need to find SegaCD stuff.

If you have a genesis, you could get a Power Base Converter and just get the games you want out of that bundle. Just to note, the master system controllers look alot like NES controllers, just black. I personally would try to talk him down to $40 or $50.

I use to own a Master System. Gosh I wish my parents didn't decide to throw it away (I was 8 at the time).

I'm not sure if this is a good deal, but I picked up 13 PS1 games for a dollar each and 28 game manuals for free.
1) Metal Gear (Greatest Hits) - Complete
2) Mary-Kate and Ashley Mystery Mall - Complete
3) Army Men: Air Attack - Complete
4) The Game of Life - Complete
5) Delusion - Disc
6) Jersey Devil - Disc
7) Army Men: World War - Disc
8) Digimon: Monster Card Battle - Disc
9) Risk - Disc
10) Q-Bert - Disc
11) Army Men 3D - Disc
12) Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Disc
13) Syndicate Wars - Disc

Total: $13.00
games-1.jpg

manuals.jpg

I had HIGH expectations for Saturday (today) as the second day of a subdivision with 100+ homes to begin ...sigh ...mother nature sent a chill with a threat of rain early and I spotted maybe 5 sales after a half hour past the 8 a.m. starting time...
Friday got a late start in the same neighborhood and found leftover FF VIII Brady guide and a Tribes 2 Prima guide both for a buck....leftover due to the seller noting a gentleman JUST bought all their games... FF guide is in great shape and compliments the complete game found at a thrift store a couple months ago...

There is always next week....

[quote name='pcktlnt']I use to own a Master System. Gosh I wish my parents didn't decide to throw it away (I was 8 at the time).

I'm not sure if this is a good deal, but I picked up 13 PS1 games for a dollar each and 28 game manuals for free.
1) Metal Gear (Greatest Hits) - Complete
2) Mary-Kate and Ashley Mystery Mall - Complete
3) Army Men: Air Attack - Complete
4) The Game of Life - Complete
5) Delusion - Disc
6) Jersey Devil - Disc
7) Army Men: World War - Disc
8) Digimon: Monster Card Battle - Disc
9) Risk - Disc
10) Q-Bert - Disc
11) Army Men 3D - Disc
12) Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Disc
13) Syndicate Wars - Disc

Total: $13.00
games-1.jpg

manuals.jpg
[/quote]

Ooooo QBert I used to play it at the arcade for hours....

" The 2 N64 games were amusing. They were on a table with about 5 other cart only sports titles, and an N64. The system was marked $10 and the games were $1 each. Liz picked up Super Smash and Tony Hawk and CIF'd 50 cents to the 2 15-year old girls running the table. They kinda looked at each other and then said, "Well, they are a dollar each." So Liz said again, "Ok. Could you do 50 cents for both?" The girl looked confused and said "I can do 50 cents for one". So Liz said again, "Ok, Could you do 50 cents for both?" They caved and let Liz have the games. I think they were thrown off-guard by the repeat tactic."

Lol, while that is a good tactic... that's the rudest thing I've read on this forum. But at least it wasn't for anything more expensive. Made me laugh, though.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']" The 2 N64 games were amusing. They were on a table with about 5 other cart only sports titles, and an N64. The system was marked $10 and the games were $1 each. Liz picked up Super Smash and Tony Hawk and CIF'd 50 cents to the 2 15-year old girls running the table. They kinda looked at each other and then said, "Well, they are a dollar each." So Liz said again, "Ok. Could you do 50 cents for both?" The girl looked confused and said "I can do 50 cents for one". So Liz said again, "Ok, Could you do 50 cents for both?" They caved and let Liz have the games. I think they were thrown off-guard by the repeat tactic."

Lol, while that is a good tactic... that's the rudest thing I've read on this forum. But at least it wasn't for anything more expensive. Made me laugh, though.[/quote]

Aw, see, I think its mean doing that to kids, especially considering SSMB is a $20+ game.

Took a break from studying for finals yesterday to go to a bunch of yard sales. In one of my best catches yet I got:

Yard Sale 1

N64 + 3 Controllers (1 3rd party) + Goldeneye + All cables = $2
2 PS2 Controllers + 1 PS1 Controller + Memory Card = $1

Yard Sale 2

Playstation 2 Unit - $1

About the PS2: Apparently the guy's brother gave to him and he wasn't sure of it worked. He didn't play it. It is missing PS2 AV cables, but hopefully I can find some lying around.

For $1 I took a shot on everything. Definately one of my better hauls. Hopefully, if the PS2 works, I can borrow FFVIII, Kingdom Hearts, and FFXII from one of my roommates for the summer.

Yard Sale 3:

Halo 2 Collector's Edition - $1

I pop this into my hallmate's xbox and we discovered it was the bonus disc. The disc has said "Limited Edition Collector's Disc," which didn't really suggest it wasn't the game. At least it was only $1.

I'm brand new to not only this thread, but collecting in general. What started me off was a few months ago a friend of mine asked me if I wanted some Nintendo stuff she had, knowing that I was a Nintendo fan, as her and her husband here cleaning up and getting rid of a bunch of things.

When I got there, she had 2 boxes of stuff. I asked her if she wanted anything for all this stuff. She told me no. So this was all free. Before this, all I had were about 15 carts, and my old system from when I was a kid, so this was an instant jumpstart. This is what was inside:

NES:
- 2 Systems with all the hookups, and controllers, though no guns
- Cart Onlys: Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt (x2), Bionic Commando, Dragon Warrior 1, Final Fantasy (x2), John Elway's QB, Legend of Zelda (x2), Operation Wolf, Pro Wrestling, Punch-Out, R.C Pro Am, Rad Racer 2, Shadowgate, Simpsons: Bart vs. Space Mutants, Spy Hunter, Super Mario Bros (x2), Super Mario Bros 2 (x2), Super Mario Bros 3 (x2), Tecmo Baseball
- Final Fantasy Maps, not in good condition
- NES Advantage Joystick

SNES:
- System with all the hookups, and 4 controllers
- Cart Onlys: Addams Family, Arcana, Breath of Fire, C2: Judgement Clay, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Krusty's Super Fun House, Lagoon, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Paint, Mortal Kombat, NHL Stanley Cup, Shadowrun, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Mario World (x3), Super Metroid, Zoop
- Mario Paint Mouse and Mouse pad

N64:
- System with all the hookups, and 2 controllers
- Carts with Manuals: Dr. Mario 64, Castlevania 64, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda: Ocarnia of Time, Hexen

Playstation 1:
- System with hookups, no controllers.

And yesterday I went to a local Goodwill store, and picked up an offical Nintendo plastic storage case with lid (holds 10 games) and the following games with dust sleeves: Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, Air Fortress, Mappyland, Othello, Sesame Street 1-2-3, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Tetris, To the Earth. $10.

Haven't been to any yard sales yet, but am planning on going out next weekend. Hopefully I'll find something good. :)

[quote name='nyxchyld']I'm brand new to not only this thread, but collecting in general. What started me off was a few months ago a friend of mine asked me if I wanted some Nintendo stuff she had, knowing that I was a Nintendo fan, as her and her husband here cleaning up and getting rid of a bunch of things.

When I got there, she had 2 boxes of stuff. I asked her if she wanted anything for all this stuff. She told me no. So this was all free. Before this, all I had were about 15 carts, and my old system from when I was a kid, so this was an instant jumpstart. This is what was inside:

NES:
- 2 Systems with all the hookups, and controllers, though no guns
- Cart Onlys: Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt (x2), Bionic Commando, Dragon Warrior 1, Final Fantasy (x2), John Elway's QB, Legend of Zelda (x2), Operation Wolf, Pro Wrestling, Punch-Out, R.C Pro Am, Rad Racer 2, Shadowgate, Simpsons: Bart vs. Space Mutants, Spy Hunter, Super Mario Bros (x2), Super Mario Bros 2 (x2), Super Mario Bros 3 (x2), Tecmo Baseball
- Final Fantasy Maps, not in good condition
- NES Advantage Joystick

SNES:
- System with all the hookups, and 4 controllers
- Cart Onlys: Addams Family, Arcana, Breath of Fire, C2: Judgement Clay, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Krusty's Super Fun House, Lagoon, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Paint, Mortal Kombat, NHL Stanley Cup, Shadowrun, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Mario World (x3), Super Metroid, Zoop
- Mario Paint Mouse and Mouse pad

N64:
- System with all the hookups, and 2 controllers
- Carts with Manuals: Dr. Mario 64, Castlevania 64, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda: Ocarnia of Time, Hexen

Playstation 1:
- System with hookups, no controllers.

And yesterday I went to a local Goodwill store, and picked up an offical Nintendo plastic storage case with lid (holds 10 games) and the following games with dust sleeves: Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, Air Fortress, Mappyland, Othello, Sesame Street 1-2-3, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Tetris, To the Earth. $10.

Haven't been to any yard sales yet, but am planning on going out next weekend. Hopefully I'll find something good. :)[/quote]

How much for one of those Super Mario World's?

Got some goodies today at the flea markets...

The first Antique mall That my wife and I went to today had this gem in it. I ended up picking it up for $27 after only being able to get just a 10% discount. It was very cool as the only one I saw on Ebay was a BIN for 69.99 + Shipping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/487308926/

Well I went to this flea market/pawn shop in a local town nearby while my wife and I were out looking for anitques and misc items when I stumbled across this setup. It was a set of Famicom games, rubber banded together. I then asked if I could take a look at them. The titles were:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Dr. Mario
Robocop
Bomber King
King Kong 2 (I think)
some random game with a kid vampire on the front
Honey Bee Famicom Convertor

He wanted $15 for it but he finally came down to $10. I was super excited. It is awesome and I have never seen a Honey Bee before. Nice find on a Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/487339489/

I went to the flea market/pawn shop in a nearby town when my wife and I went antiquing today. I ended seeing a sign that said legos: 5 for $1 or $0.25 each. I ended up getting 5 sets but there were only different ones. Not to bad...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/487308812/

I went to this flea market hoping it was open. However it was not. I then say a woman pulling up to the house next door to it. I then asked her if she knew who ran the shop and what time it opened. She told me it was hers and she could open it for me. I walked inside and was impressed by it. My wife found a complete Microcosm for Sega CD but I passed on it. Then as I was walking out, I spotted a nintendo controller end. I followed this back to a Miracle Piano. I asked how much and found out she wanted $50 for it. I looked and noticed that everything was there including the 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppy disks as well. I finally got her down to $45 but I had to run to an ATM to pick up cash for this one. I was very happy upon receiving it and am anxiously awaiting to play it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/487309162/

Not much today, except 2 Genesis games at a flea market.

Primal Rage (cart only)
NBA Showdown 94 or something like that (complete)

Both looked in decent condition, paid $1 total. Seems like a lot compared to a lot of the postings on here, but hey.. what the hell.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Got some goodies today at the flea markets...

Well I went to this flea market/pawn shop in a local town nearby while my wife and I were out looking for anitques and misc items when I stumbled across this setup. It was a set of Famicom games, rubber banded together. I then asked if I could take a look at them. The titles were:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Dr. Mario
Robocop
Bomber King
King Kong 2 (I think)
some random game with a kid vampire on the front
Honey Bee Famicom Convertor

/www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/487309162/[/quote]

Nice Famicom find. I especially like the SMB3 and the Dr. Mario. If you;re ever looking to trade, lemme know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back